Saint Francis Health System

Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews in United States

No real complaints
Patient Service Representative/Coder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 28, 2016
This company has many areas you could nit pick, but in every job situation you come across has something. So as far as this company stands I am impressed. We have benefits and a not to back breaking rate, we have been fortunate to have a raise every year and a bonus once a year. As far as job security well as long as you have a doctor you have a job. Can the pay be better, yes, but that can also be said of a job that pays $25 an hour. If you do the work you get paid. You don't have to worry about your paycheck bouncing because of the security this position gives you. SO all in all this company is a good place to work. And the fact you get a paycheck that is reliable is all that really matters.
Heavy workload, inadequate staffing, management indifference
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and we work as a team. The downside is having more patients with less nurses and techs in all areas and levels in the hospital. Management only seems to care about customer survey numbers and percentages, when the patient to staff ratio isn't conducive for safe patient care and we cannot be in 4 rooms at once no matter how urgent the need, which affects our survey scores. We're asked to pick up more shifts when we're already stretched to the max. Staffing pulls from and favors who and what units they pull from or help. Checks are consistently messed up and they blame you. Management favors those they've known longer with hours, shifts and ignores high volume of their call-outs with no write-ups. Managers hold their staff hostage to their units even if they want to transfer to another unit or a different position.
Pros
Teamwork, great nurses, competitive salary
Cons
No time for meals, high turnover, inadequate staffing, inept managers
Lots of fun after work is completed.
Patient Service Representative/Coder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaOctober 2, 2015
Immediate management is cooperative and understanding. We all have fun after the work is completed and the providers have our back. Able to talk out issues with system, work enviroment. Everyone respects each other and is willing to lend a helping hand when needed.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
hard charging and professional organization with progressive leadership
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 10, 2015
senior leadership team is a cohesive and progressive team; market leader with a discipline on the management of costs and other finances. Organization achieves double digit profit margin and has a growth strategy that is funded with cash holdings.
Ok to work for
Patient Access Specialist Support (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 28, 2015
I don't have one. The pay should be better and it would be nice if you didn't have to use PTO time for holidays. The training should be better
High turnover
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2016
This company has a very high turnover rate. Not just with nurses, I mean everywhere! The nurses are extremely rude, just because they are having a bad day or one of their patients or patients family members are giving them a rough time they tend to take it out on other people and that's not ok. This hospital caters to the needs of the nurses and doctors, they fail to realize that EVERYONE is a part of Patient care. Hospitals don't run on just nurses and doctors. The nurse techs are the same way, they don't see/ hear the nurses giving anyone respect so they follow along with it. The compensation is ok. If your full time you get paid time off and extended sick leave. You don't get holiday pay which really sucks. Of course there's medical, dental and now vision coverage. But they honestly suck. Health insurance doesn't even cover half the cost of my prescriptions. You get a 3% raise every year. You also get a $500-$250 bonus and a $15 reasors gift card during thanksgiving time. If you need to take a day off you have to request it 30days in advance. If you get sick or have an emergency and can't make it to work, good luck trying to find someone to cover for you. That's one of the biggest problems at that hospital. Even the ECB (emergency call back) people won't come in and cover. The nurses get and additional incentive such as $5-$10 an hour extra if they stay or come in on a day off. However they don't do that for anyone else.
Pros
Paid time off & a bonus
Cons
Short lunch & no breaks
hello
tech (Former Employee) –  tulsaMarch 19, 2015
It was one of the worst places I have worked.Was expected to do many jobs as if being a tech wasn't hard enough.Most times we worked short.Was even expected to work 18 pts between 2 techs.That's bed alarms going off,call lights,code pendant nurses calling you constantly.Yes the nurses were suppose to help but did they. .no.Nurses were mostly fresh out of school and knew nothing about real life.Very hard to work with.Our team leader ,caused nothing but problems.He would talk about coworkers .Make fun of them as well.Breaks were never giving.Lunch breaks ,if you got one was always interrupted.Still was taken out my paycheck.Awful,awful place to work .Too much favoritism.I could go on and on but why bother.
Cons
no lunch breaks
Clinical secretary (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2015
A great hospital to work for and absolutely loved my coworkers and boss especially. I only left because I had to move, or would probably still be there.
High intensity place to work
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  TulsaMarch 20, 2015
The hardest part of the job is the workload . supervisors in the department I worked in created a hostile and vindictive environment. The nurses and doctors are good to interact with.
Good benefits on 401K, but the health insurance is bad.
Pros
good matching on 401k
Cons
workload
Stay here if you get hired
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2013
I always wished I had realized how great I had it at the time. This company is the best . Responsive to your needs. Education always free. Pay average but the benefits and work environment cannot be beat anywhere in the world. Tulsa is a great city to live and work in. Yes I know its in Oklahoma, but I would return in a minute and I am from new England. Really worth a shot if youre looking for something new.
Pros
everything
Cons
none that i can think of except pay is kind of low
productive work, job security, 4 star rating, trouble lighting up stars on computer
Housekeeper and Custodial Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2013
Part of the time at Saint Francis Hospital I cleaned public areas, restrooms. The last year and a half I cleaned patient rooms. I learned how to clean completely and how to clean when patient on precautions. Management was supportive for the most part. I worked well with co-workers. The most challenging part was to get my work done on time. The most enjoyable part was having a full time job with good benefits.
Pros
good benefits, husband worked same place and time as me
Cons
very taxing on my body
Enjoyable Staff members to work with
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2013
Challenging day high demand for accurate information obtained. I learned how to multi task in an extremely high paced position. My experience in management is to know that they are supportive in all aspects of your job. Co-workers all have different personalities and are treated with respect all the time and acknowledge their opinions all the time. I really didn't experience any difficult parts of the job. The enjoyable part was pleasing the people I was involved with.
Friendly and helpful people with a clean office
Medical Assistant Extern student (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 14, 2013
A typical day at work I would triage patients and room them. I entered data into EMR. I learned how to tilt patients and clean wounds, The managment was awesome and very helpful and understanding. My co-workers always helped me when i asked and taught me alot. The hardest part of the job was learning my own way of doing things. I was so use to one way when i was in school and when i got out into the real world everyone did it different. The most enjoyable part was gaining experience and knowledge that i will take with me into my other endeavors.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the stress of being busy
I enjoyed working at St. Francis Warren Clinic. The staff was exceptional.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKSeptember 2, 2012
I enjoyed working at St Francis Warren Clinic. Everyday was a new expierecne, if something needed to get done I would do my best to get it done. If I was unsure or needed some guidance there was always someone to help. If questions arose as to responiblities of any job we could always rely on management to help. The most enjoyable part of my job was always meeting new people, being able to talk with the patients and help in anyway I could.
Preschool facility for 3-5 year old children.
Assistant Teacher 1- Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2012
I work a part-time shift. My day includes, greeting children and staff upon arrival. I receive daily lunch for distribution to children. Some children have special foods that are brought in from home.

I sit with children during lunch time. I also supervise children during transition to nap time. I supervise nap room.

after awhile, children awake, have a snack, then if weather permitts, outside time for exploration, and exercise.
Pros
a non ending day of adventure
Cons
part time workers get a shorter break.
An integrated medically-based healthcare system where people started and retired!
Patient Relations Advocate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2012
An integrated-medically-based health system with an emphasis on continuum of care. Composed of: Saint Francis Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis, Saint Francis Heart Hospital, Saint Francis Hospital South, and Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital. Consistently ranked in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide. Recipient of Distinguished Leader for Clinical Excellence Award by Healthgrades 2011 and 2012.
Pros
values, culture, management
Cons
very large healthcare system
Co-workers either in your department or not were fun to work with.
Senior Lead Registrar (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 25, 2012
I loved my job at St. Francis. My co-workers were great to work with and we all worked well as a team with the same goal in mind. I think the hardest part of my job was having a relationship with the patient's and hearing from family members that they have passed away.

Some people don't like a fast pace job but I do. I like the challenge it brings and the feeling of success when things get accomplished.

I learned that with management sometimes you can't trust everybody because everybody does not have your best interest at heart, nor do they want to see you excel.
Pros
employee appreciation days
Cons
limited job advancement.
My years at SF
Level 3 Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 31, 2012
Joined the Desktop Team and then had Open Heart Surgery. The employee's graciously donated vaction time that I needed to complete recovery and return to work. During recovery at home I learned about using Softgrid and upon returning to work at the Hospital, I started creating virtual application packages. I adapted well with using the new technology to create virtual packages and was assigned to creating OS images using BDD and SMS. I quickly started building and maintaining OS images as the primary OS imager. During my last few years at the hospital, Saint Francis started using Wyse ThinClients with Xen images and Xen applications.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2012
 Greets patients and families, monitors patient schedules, patient flow, and resolves operational problems by working with staff. Provides clerical support by answering phones, scheduling patients for appointments, contacts new referrals, registers patients in the computer when needed. Provides check out services to include, review of billing slip for completeness of CPT & ICD-9 codes, and entering billing information into the computer, scheduling follow-up visits and referrals to specialists and accepting co-pays and cash collection.
 Reports to the Supervisor of Ambulatory Registration for Revenue Cycle responsibilities.
was a good job.then the company got bought out and started laying off people that had been there since the beginning.seemed the comp. was falling apar
Medical records clerk/ receptionist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 16, 2013
i started out in the chart room pulling charts for over 20 doctors.then i got pregnant and moved to a receptionist position working for an orthopedic surgeon. he eventually left and went to work at McAlester regional and i went to work in the pediatric department till i also went to work for McAlester regional. i left this company because from the time i started working there, i had had two bosses leave and go work at Mcalester regional. i didn't feel like i had good job security.

4.2