Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews

Great learning environment, plenty of classes offered to keep certifications current.
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 19, 2017
Good learning environment for new nurses, benefits are competitive. Facility is maintained well, they take pride in making the patient feel well cared for. Nurses in the Heart Hospital provide great care.
Pros
Learning environment, competitive salary/benefits
Cons
Patient to nurse ratio at times
St. Francis
RN Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2017
This is a very busy Operating Room with over 30 OR's. SFH does CV, Orthopedics, Urology, General, Pediatrics, Neuro, and Trauma surgery. Very good place to learn how to work in the OR.
Pink dungeon
Surgery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 11, 2017
I enjoy working in the medical field, but being severely understaffed and unappreciated made me absolutely hate this place. Management doesn't care about your needs, they just want you to work.
You only get 4 sick days for a whole year. Very little PTO. They would prefer construction over giving employees decent bonuses, and even cut the yearly pay raise.
Coworkers were also rude. Barely got a break, sometime didn't even get a lunch.
Pros
Medical experience, payroll deduct for cafeteria
Cons
Pay, coworkers, understaffed, expenaive benefits, management
Patient Account Representative
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 21, 2017
With this company I have learned more about the insurance process than a degree or classes can provide. We are very involved in all stages of the life of a claim. Saint Francis is always striving to provide the best services to it's customers.
Pros
great work environment and caring staff
Cons
short breaks
Senior Representative, HR (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2017
I love working at SFHS. It's a great place to work. I feel like my directors really care about me and I feel like I'm making a difference in my day to day job. I also feel like Saint Francis is a stable place to work. I've been in other industries and I hope to stay at SFHS until I retire.
Pros
cafeteria in the building, 401k match
Cons
Parking
Hard but rewarding work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2017
Rewarding work. Teamwork is a priority. Exceptional training and ongoing education. Great place to work with great benefits and opportunities. Great support staff.
Overall its a wonderful place to work.
Senior Team Leader, RN (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 8, 2017
Saint Francis Healthcare is a great place to work. As a nurse, I have the flexibility of 12 hour shifts. Great benefits. Awesome culture!! Small, inner-city hospital with great staff and amazing team work!!
owner was crazy
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 8, 2017
rules change daily, owner does not help with daily tasks even when it gets busy. Store is in Utica Square so the customers are sometimes rude and demanding.
Pros
Pretty area
Cons
Rules change constantly
Official response from Saint Francis Health System
March 13, 2017

I think you have the wrong company... We are not in Utica Square.

Patient Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2017
Great management! Was able to advance as I worked at the facility. Was able to increase my knowledge in my area. State of the art computer system which increased our ability to meet our industry standard goals.
Management controls work flow
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 19, 2017
Daily quota was required in Billing. With new Epic software, management controls your daily work. Some managers were fair at giving out a lot of transactions where other managers only gave you work requiring time investment and no transactions. They always blamed the low quota on the employee. Some employees were transferred to other departments with management help while others were forced out the door. Upper management were only concerned about their numbers and not how the employee was treated to accomplish high quotas.
Enjoyed the lunches for special occasions. Training was not always specific to your position and not allowed to ask questions to co-workers or trainers on staff.
Salary and benefits were pretty decent.
Pros
Bonus and raises. Lunches for special occasions.
Cons
Management controlled your transactions.
Fellow employees are great.
Director of Security and Transportation (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2017
They hire highly qualified individuals, then micro-manage them. Very degrading. In the past year in a half the company lost two directors and five managers.
Upper management doesn't have a clue what's going on in the trenches
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2017
Upper management doesn't have a clue what's going on in the trenches, yet they make decisions that seriously effect every day operations.They also make some strange business decisions that have no rhyme or reason.
The pay is good for mid-level providers, however, the benefits are horrible, with a ridiculous deductible that the ancillary staff could not possibly afford (2k/person), and this is an insurance company that they created and they are a "not for profit" organization.
For being a "not for profit" organization, they sure are concerned about money. They have fired loyal people that have been there for 20+ years and have made crazy cuts in budget and labor making us try to run short on staff to where it isn't safe or feasible.
Kind of questioning my decision and looking at other options. They obviously don't care about their employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper management, benefits, short staffing, don't care about their employees
Overall good place to work, but certain opportunities lacking
Senior Rep Compensation Analyst, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 22, 2016
Overall co-workers are excellent and make coming to work a pleasant experience. I enjoy my job and what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to see the difference my work makes in an individual's life.
Pros
Good benefits package, good hours
Cons
lack of quality training opportunities for certain areas
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 12, 2016
This place has many options to advance or completely change your focus as an RN. Overall great place to work! It is a lot of work to be in the clinical ladder, but that is probably true at surrounding area.
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 25, 2016
Love my job amazing boss and amazing employer they are very great with making sure that your happy will train if you don't understand also the doctor are amazing
It used to be a great place to work. It's wonderful to start work here as a beginner training is great. Just don't plan to stay long!
Clinical worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2016
After you've been there for a while, they will figure out a way to get rid of you. They like to micromanage everything you do and every minute of your entire life. Management likes to tell you what to do, but they don't always know what they are talking about. Good luck! I wouldn't work there again EVER!!
Pros
Education program
Cons
Micromanagement, play favorites, figure out ways to fire someone if they don't want them there too long
Very Good
Consultant Hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa OKJuly 22, 2016
I work week on and week off. I work as attending physician. I am responsible for care of patients who are admitted to hospital. Medical/surgical floor and ICU. It is more than 800 bed hospital and very large system.
Developed an excellent back ground in "Critical Thinking" skills during my 23 years at Saint Francis Hospital.
RN,CNIII,OCN,CCFP (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 2, 2016
Loved my Job, and probably would still be working at SFH if it was not for being assaulted by another employee on the floor that I was working on at the time. HR didn't even discuss the matter with me. I was demoted 3 times, and eventually fired. And, the other employee, who was the attacker, was able to get 4 other employees who watched her assault me, the Clinical Manager and a Physician to go to administration. But, they wouldn't let me talk to Jake Henry, said that there was nothing he could do for me. So no one is safe if they want to get rid of YOU! I had not missed 1 day of work the entire time that I had worked at SFH, even when my Son was in ICU for 10 days.
Pros
Great People for the most part, Excellent Education Department, Critical Care Areas, Mentors
Cons
Floors with Clinical Manager's that don't have a knowledge of the floor that they try to manage, Using schedules as a way to control your staff
High turnover
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2016
This company has a very high turnover rate. Not just with nurses, I mean everywhere! The nurses are extremely rude, just because they are having a bad day or one of their patients or patients family members are giving them a rough time they tend to take it out on other people and that's not ok. This hospital caters to the needs of the nurses and doctors, they fail to realize that EVERYONE is a part of Patient care. Hospitals don't run on just nurses and doctors. The nurse techs are the same way, they don't see/ hear the nurses giving anyone respect so they follow along with it. The compensation is ok. If your full time you get paid time off and extended sick leave. You don't get holiday pay which really sucks. Of course there's medical, dental and now vision coverage. But they honestly suck. Health insurance doesn't even cover half the cost of my prescriptions. You get a 3% raise every year. You also get a $500-$250 bonus and a $15 reasors gift card during thanksgiving time. If you need to take a day off you have to request it 30days in advance. If you get sick or have an emergency and can't make it to work, good luck trying to find someone to cover for you. That's one of the biggest problems at that hospital. Even the ECB (emergency call back) people won't come in and cover. The nurses get and additional incentive such as $5-$10 an hour extra if they stay or come in on a day off. However they don't do that for anyone else.
Pros
Paid time off & a bonus
Cons
Short lunch & no breaks
Heavy workload, inadequate staffing, management indifference
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers and we work as a team. The downside is having more patients with less nurses and techs in all areas and levels in the hospital. Management only seems to care about customer survey numbers and percentages, when the patient to staff ratio isn't conducive for safe patient care and we cannot be in 4 rooms at once no matter how urgent the need, which affects our survey scores. We're asked to pick up more shifts when we're already stretched to the max. Staffing pulls from and favors who and what units they pull from or help. Checks are consistently messed up and they blame you. Management favors those they've known longer with hours, shifts and ignores high volume of their call-outs with no write-ups. Managers hold their staff hostage to their units even if they want to transfer to another unit or a different position.
Pros
Teamwork, great nurses, competitive salary
Cons
No time for meals, high turnover, inadequate staffing, inept managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Francis Health System. Our community is ready to answer.