Saint Francis Health System

Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews in United States

awesome place of employment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 2, 2013
Great people they care very much about the patients and the staff management is just wonderfull.The hardest thing was moving away and not staying employed with them
Pros
the awesome people that i got to work with
Productive and fun working environment.
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 24, 2013
I loved working with this company it tough me a lot about how the hospital really functions. There is a variety of duties that you must fullfill and be very alert and productive for the daily things to be accomplished.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
one hour lunch.
productive work place
Nutrition aide (Former Employee) –  poughkeepsie nyJuly 22, 2013
work days went really fast because there was always something to do. Mop, sweep, cleaning. Prepare and deliver patient food trays.
Pros
fast work day
Cons
not enough hours and pay
It was Family
Electronic Imaging Tech II Secretary Informatics (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2013
It was a fun place to work something diffrent all the time it was a rush up and rush down. Was the best time of my life I miss working miss the staff miss Saint Francis Hospital sad laid off took my job.
Pros
free lunch in meetings
Great place to work.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2013
Very supportive co-workers and management. Amazing learning environment. Great values. Pay could be better.
Begin Again
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2013
Even though I resigned from Saint Francis, I still consider them the hospital I would trust with my health care. While a Monitor tech I was devoted to providing quality care for the patients on my shift.
Pros
friendly people
Good place to work with a laid back environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 7, 2013
Good place to work with a laid back environment
Good co workers
Appproachable management
Good hours
very busy but fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2013
12 hour shifts starting at 6 am, prepared lunch tickets in certain department orders. Built up trucks with patient's food trays and then delivered. Learned alot about dietary needs and what certain types of food to feed different types of patients.
Pros
met proffesional nurses and doctors
Cons
temporary job
Enjoyable Staff members to work with
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2013
Challenging day high demand for accurate information obtained. I learned how to multi task in an extremely high paced position. My experience in management is to know that they are supportive in all aspects of your job. Co-workers all have different personalities and are treated with respect all the time and acknowledge their opinions all the time. I really didn't experience any difficult parts of the job. The enjoyable part was pleasing the people I was involved with.
decent environment for short term work
Central Supply technician (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMay 22, 2013
decent place to work at, but not the best. I believe the department can be better manage but some things in life are just as is.
Saint Francis has been a wonderful employer
Nurse Tech/Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2013
A typical day at work is getting there before 7. I help get patients up and assist with activities throughout the day. I take vital signs and record intake and output. I love the patient care involved and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is handling the overloaded days but I can usually keep calm.
Friendly and helpful people with a clean office
Medical Assistant Extern student (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 14, 2013
A typical day at work I would triage patients and room them. I entered data into EMR. I learned how to tilt patients and clean wounds, The managment was awesome and very helpful and understanding. My co-workers always helped me when i asked and taught me alot. The hardest part of the job was learning my own way of doing things. I was so use to one way when i was in school and when i got out into the real world everyone did it different. The most enjoyable part was gaining experience and knowledge that i will take with me into my other endeavors.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the stress of being busy
Good things, a typical day, and a highlight.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 13, 2013
Loads of job security but a very little opportunity for growth. This company is a very stable place to work during a time period where more companies were laying people off than employing new this was a nice place to work.

In a typical day I would show up for work and review the projects and problem calls currently under way. Work on current projects half the day and spend the rest of the day troubleshooting issues and concerns of the team. At the end of the day I would assemble a quick report of the days events and once sent I would go home. Return the next day and repeat. At the end of each week the reports from all previous days would be assembled and sent.

The best part of the job was getting projects that were out of the norm. Some of the projects I enjoyed most: technology review and recommendations for digital imaging for the hospital. This project saved the hospital over a quarter of a million dollars. A relatively small amount but saved 15% of the project budget.
Pros
great benefits, stable work environment, occasional training opportunities.
Cons
very little advancement, static corporate cuture.
Steady routine work.
Patient Room Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2013
I would be assigned a number of rooms to clean and also other miscellaneous areas around the rooms i.e. the nurses station, the restrooms, and waiting areas. I was also on call the clean a patient room upon the patient's dismissal.
Stay here if you get hired
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2013
I always wished I had realized how great I had it at the time. This company is the best . Responsive to your needs. Education always free. Pay average but the benefits and work environment cannot be beat anywhere in the world. Tulsa is a great city to live and work in. Yes I know its in Oklahoma, but I would return in a minute and I am from new England. Really worth a shot if youre looking for something new.
Pros
everything
Cons
none that i can think of except pay is kind of low
Productive, exciting place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 16, 2013
I have learned a great deal while working at St. Francis Hospital for the past 5 yeaars. I have met some wonderful people through my employment. I hope to enhance my education.
Family oriented
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 15, 2013
Everyone is family oriented and easy to get along with. Everyone works as a team to get the job done.
A great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at SFH. I have learned so much during my short time as a nurse. I love my current unit, as it allows me to see patient's with health issues that fall into each body system (some of them with health issues in the majority of their body systems).
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
staffing should be based on acuity, not necessarily a census
productive work, job security, 4 star rating, trouble lighting up stars on computer
Housekeeper and Custodial Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2013
Part of the time at Saint Francis Hospital I cleaned public areas, restrooms. The last year and a half I cleaned patient rooms. I learned how to clean completely and how to clean when patient on precautions. Management was supportive for the most part. I worked well with co-workers. The most challenging part was to get my work done on time. The most enjoyable part was having a full time job with good benefits.
Pros
good benefits, husband worked same place and time as me
Cons
very taxing on my body
Everything you need under one roof
Certified Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2013
Such an amazing skilled group of staff, physicians and they truly cared for the patients.

4.2