Saint Francis Health System

Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews

Begin Again
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2013
Even though I resigned from Saint Francis, I still consider them the hospital I would trust with my health care. While a Monitor tech I was devoted to providing quality care for the patients on my shift.
Pros
friendly people
Good place to work with a laid back environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 7, 2013
Good place to work with a laid back environment
Good co workers
Appproachable management
Good hours
very busy but fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2013
12 hour shifts starting at 6 am, prepared lunch tickets in certain department orders. Built up trucks with patient's food trays and then delivered. Learned alot about dietary needs and what certain types of food to feed different types of patients.
Pros
met proffesional nurses and doctors
Cons
temporary job
Enjoyable Staff members to work with
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2013
Challenging day high demand for accurate information obtained. I learned how to multi task in an extremely high paced position. My experience in management is to know that they are supportive in all aspects of your job. Co-workers all have different personalities and are treated with respect all the time and acknowledge their opinions all the time. I really didn't experience any difficult parts of the job. The enjoyable part was pleasing the people I was involved with.
decent environment for short term work
Central Supply technician (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMay 22, 2013
decent place to work at, but not the best. I believe the department can be better manage but some things in life are just as is.
Saint Francis has been a wonderful employer
Nurse Tech/Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2013
A typical day at work is getting there before 7. I help get patients up and assist with activities throughout the day. I take vital signs and record intake and output. I love the patient care involved and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is handling the overloaded days but I can usually keep calm.
Friendly and helpful people with a clean office
Medical Assistant Extern student (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 14, 2013
A typical day at work I would triage patients and room them. I entered data into EMR. I learned how to tilt patients and clean wounds, The managment was awesome and very helpful and understanding. My co-workers always helped me when i asked and taught me alot. The hardest part of the job was learning my own way of doing things. I was so use to one way when i was in school and when i got out into the real world everyone did it different. The most enjoyable part was gaining experience and knowledge that i will take with me into my other endeavors.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the stress of being busy
Good things, a typical day, and a highlight.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 13, 2013
Loads of job security but a very little opportunity for growth. This company is a very stable place to work during a time period where more companies were laying people off than employing new this was a nice place to work.

In a typical day I would show up for work and review the projects and problem calls currently under way. Work on current projects half the day and spend the rest of the day troubleshooting issues and concerns of the team. At the end of the day I would assemble a quick report of the days events and once sent I would go home. Return the next day and repeat. At the end of each week the reports from all previous days would be assembled and sent.

The best part of the job was getting projects that were out of the norm. Some of the projects I enjoyed most: technology review and recommendations for digital imaging for the hospital. This project saved the hospital over a quarter of a million dollars. A relatively small amount but saved 15% of the project budget.
Pros
great benefits, stable work environment, occasional training opportunities.
Cons
very little advancement, static corporate cuture.
Steady routine work.
Patient Room Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 8, 2013
I would be assigned a number of rooms to clean and also other miscellaneous areas around the rooms i.e. the nurses station, the restrooms, and waiting areas. I was also on call the clean a patient room upon the patient's dismissal.
Stay here if you get hired
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2013
I always wished I had realized how great I had it at the time. This company is the best . Responsive to your needs. Education always free. Pay average but the benefits and work environment cannot be beat anywhere in the world. Tulsa is a great city to live and work in. Yes I know its in Oklahoma, but I would return in a minute and I am from new England. Really worth a shot if youre looking for something new.
Pros
everything
Cons
none that i can think of except pay is kind of low
Productive, exciting place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 16, 2013
I have learned a great deal while working at St. Francis Hospital for the past 5 yeaars. I have met some wonderful people through my employment. I hope to enhance my education.
Family oriented
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 15, 2013
Everyone is family oriented and easy to get along with. Everyone works as a team to get the job done.
A great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at SFH. I have learned so much during my short time as a nurse. I love my current unit, as it allows me to see patient's with health issues that fall into each body system (some of them with health issues in the majority of their body systems).
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
staffing should be based on acuity, not necessarily a census
productive work, job security, 4 star rating, trouble lighting up stars on computer
Housekeeper and Custodial Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2013
Part of the time at Saint Francis Hospital I cleaned public areas, restrooms. The last year and a half I cleaned patient rooms. I learned how to clean completely and how to clean when patient on precautions. Management was supportive for the most part. I worked well with co-workers. The most challenging part was to get my work done on time. The most enjoyable part was having a full time job with good benefits.
Pros
good benefits, husband worked same place and time as me
Cons
very taxing on my body
Everything you need under one roof
Certified Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2013
Such an amazing skilled group of staff, physicians and they truly cared for the patients.
A nice place to work and somewhere to learn different things.
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 23, 2013
my typical day, this hospital is a place you can learn different things. I assess vitals signs, prepped patients for surgery, performed bladder scans, assess accu checks, monitored patients on cardiac monitors, and applied telemetry packs.
Pros
exercise rooms, free lunch, excellent co-workers
Cons
wages
Volunteer experience in Audiology and Rehab-NICU
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 22, 2013
For a younger person who might be interested in the medical field this is a great, innovative place to volunteer at.
Pros
lively people who love their work with newborns
Great Place, Not Family Orientated
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 17, 2013
When I first started all you heard was that place was a family orientated place, and from the year that I worked there it wasn't. No matter what happens you are expected to be there whether your car blew up or you do no have a sitter. I was fired for having family complications.
was a good job.then the company got bought out and started laying off people that had been there since the beginning.seemed the comp. was falling apar
Medical records clerk/ receptionist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 16, 2013
i started out in the chart room pulling charts for over 20 doctors.then i got pregnant and moved to a receptionist position working for an orthopedic surgeon. he eventually left and went to work at McAlester regional and i went to work in the pediatric department till i also went to work for McAlester regional. i left this company because from the time i started working there, i had had two bosses leave and go work at Mcalester regional. i didn't feel like i had good job security.
Workable
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 21, 2013
I'm not one to complain about my employers. There are few things that I think would need improvment such as better organization and communication.
I have worked here for almost 2 years I love the employees that work here they are all their own different character which makes it easier to work for. I love the job just not the things that come along with it.
The management I think would have to be some of the best managers I've worked for. They do understand your situation and try to help out in any way that they can, but there are things that they could also improve on such as making their full time employees that actually enjoy being here a priority over temp employees and employees that just can not stand the job.
I wouldn't say that there really is a hard part of the job, with me being on 2nd shift (3-11:30pm) and having a family at home that I not only miss like crazy but cry cuz i'm not there that would be my hardest part is just knowing that I have to come in and leave them without me.
The most enjoyable part at this time would be the flexability and the coworkers.
Pros
payroll deduct, flexability, trusting, understanding
Cons
no organization, no communication

4.2