Saint Francis Health System

Saint Francis Health System Employer Reviews

Providing respiratory care for patients
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 23, 2013
• Administering therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care and life support to patients with cardiopulmonary deficiencies and abnormalities.
• Operating and monitoring respiratory equipment.
• Require knowledge of the operating characteristics and daily maintenance of respiratory equipment and devices and a practical knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, – more... physics and mathematics. – less
Productive, exciting place to work
CNA (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 16, 2013
I have learned a great deal while working at St. Francis Hospital for the past 5 yeaars. I have met some wonderful people through my employment. I hope to enhance my education.
Family oriented
Transporter (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 15, 2013
Everyone is family oriented and easy to get along with. Everyone works as a team to get the job done.
A great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 8, 2013
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: staffing should be based on acuity, not necessarily a census
I have enjoyed my time at SFH. I have learned so much during my short time as a nurse. I love my current unit, as it allows me to see patient's with health issues that fall into each body system (some of them with health issues in the majority of their body systems).
productive work, job security, 4 star rating, trouble lighting up stars on computer
Housekeeper and Custodial Services (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits, husband worked same place and time as me
Cons: very taxing on my body
Part of the time at Saint Francis Hospital I cleaned public areas, restrooms. The last year and a half I cleaned patient rooms. I learned how to clean completely and how to clean when patient on precautions. Management was supportive for the most part. I worked well with co-workers. The most challenging part was to get my work done on time. The most – more... enjoyable part was having a full time job with good benefits. – less
Everything you need under one roof
Certified Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2013
Such an amazing skilled group of staff, physicians and they truly cared for the patients.
A nice place to work and somewhere to learn different things.
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: exercise rooms, free lunch, excellent co-workers
Cons: wages
my typical day, this hospital is a place you can learn different things. I assess vitals signs, prepped patients for surgery, performed bladder scans, assess accu checks, monitored patients on cardiac monitors, and applied telemetry packs.
Volunteer experience in Audiology and Rehab-NICU
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 22, 2013
Pros: lively people who love their work with newborns
For a younger person who might be interested in the medical field this is a great, innovative place to volunteer at.
Great Place, Not Family Orientated
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMarch 17, 2013
When I first started all you heard was that place was a family orientated place, and from the year that I worked there it wasn't. No matter what happens you are expected to be there whether your car blew up or you do no have a sitter. I was fired for having family complications.
was a good job.then the company got bought out and started laying off people that had been there since the beginning.seemed the comp. was falling apar
Medical records clerk/ receptionist (Former Employee), McAlester, OKMarch 16, 2013
i started out in the chart room pulling charts for over 20 doctors.then i got pregnant and moved to a receptionist position working for an orthopedic surgeon. he eventually left and went to work at McAlester regional and i went to work in the pediatric department till i also went to work for McAlester regional. i left this company because from the time – more... i started working there, i had had two bosses leave and go work at Mcalester regional. i didn't feel like i had good job security. – less
Workable
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: payroll deduct, flexability, trusting, understanding
Cons: no organization, no communication
I'm not one to complain about my employers. There are few things that I think would need improvment such as better organization and communication.
I have worked here for almost 2 years I love the employees that work here they are all their own different character which makes it easier to work for. I love the job just not the things that come along with – more... it.
The management I think would have to be some of the best managers I've worked for. They do understand your situation and try to help out in any way that they can, but there are things that they could also improve on such as making their full time employees that actually enjoy being here a priority over temp employees and employees that just can not stand the job.
I wouldn't say that there really is a hard part of the job, with me being on 2nd shift (3-11:30pm) and having a family at home that I not only miss like crazy but cry cuz i'm not there that would be my hardest part is just knowing that I have to come in and leave them without me.
The most enjoyable part at this time would be the flexability and the coworkers. – less
Social worker for home health and hospice
Medical Hospice & Home Health Social Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2013
Providing social services to hospice clients. Hardest part was seeing families loose a family member.
High volume office.
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 29, 2013
A typical day in the office consists of many providers seeing patients in the office. I sometimes have several meetings to attend and I interactvwith many patients on a daily basis.
It is a good place to work. I can plan my day in a way that works best for me.
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNJanuary 26, 2013
I look at my emails at the beginning of the day. I will print out the admit list of inpatients from the day before to decide what charts I need to review. I then go to the floors and review the hard charts. Once I return to my office I put my info into PBAR and scan my CDS sheets into HPF.
New learning experiences every day.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: i learn something new every day, sometimes we get free lunches, and it never gets boring!
Cons: the hours do not work with my school hours, some days i do not get called in when i need to.
I am in the float pool so I go to different offices when they need my help. I learn something new every day since I am working in different offices all the time! I love being able to work in the front office and the back office as well as going to all the different offices because there is always something to learn and it never gets boring. The part – more... I find the hardest is learning all of the doctors preferences. None of the doctors do anything the same way so working for so many different doctors it is hard to keep them happy all the time! – less
A day in a Transporter's shoes
Host Transporter (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: not enough pay and sometimes didn't get a break
As a transporter at Saint Francis Hospital, you do learn a lot and you meet many people each and everyday. Management was not so great. Co-workers were ok. The hardest part of my job was meeting a certain stat every month and it was very stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the little babies.
Ideal place to work
Cardiac admit/discharge secretary/Section Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: health ins, catholic ran facility
meeting new people every day, wonderful staff and management. Learning about health all the way around is the best.
ER management messy
Multi-Care Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2013
Cons: pay extremely low, management sucks
They praise the sorry and work the hard workers to the core. The charge nurse is messy at best. Telling you things about coworkers but being in their face and constantly talking about workers. I didn't sign up to be friends just wok and go home only to find out he was turning workers against each other. Their training sucks its a go for what you know – more... type deal. – less
I processed the payroll for the staff members.
Staff payroll (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 27, 2012
Pros: learning about the health care business
Cons: management
I learned the SAP program while there. I processed all staff payroll and payment of the vendors, ie tax reconciliation, benefit program, W-2 statements.
Learning place
Senior Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: very good training
People love to come to Mount sinai and stay there. The training you get is excellent and you are encouraged to show your worth. I am well satisfied with my training and learning at this place. I am sure any one like this place.

About Saint Francis Health System

Founded in 1960 by Natalie and William K. Warren, Sr., Saint Francis Health System is a not-for-profit leading healthcare provider – Read more