Saint Francis Health System

Saint Francis Health System Employer Reviews

Preschool facility for 3-5 year old children.
Assistant Teacher 1- Customer Service (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2012
Pros: a non ending day of adventure
Cons: part time workers get a shorter break.
I work a part-time shift. My day includes, greeting children and staff upon arrival. I receive daily lunch for distribution to children. Some children have special foods that are brought in from home.

I sit with children during lunch time. I also supervise children during transition to nap time. I supervise nap room.

after awhile, children awake, – more... have a snack, then if weather permitts, outside time for exploration, and exercise. – less
Respectful and professional place to work
Sonographer (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 18, 2012
Pros: great bunch of people to work for/ with
Cons: cafeteria- expensive and always closing. parking- but they do provide a shuttle.
I am blessed to have the opportunity to work at St Francis Hospital!
This hospital sincerely has nicest people and employees. The management is extremely approachable and fair. The pay rate is comparable to higher for other establishments in the tri-state area.
Workplace Reality
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Roslyn, NYAugust 10, 2012
St. Francis was a great place to work for but this past year they have been having layoffs so it is very unstable. This is why I am looking for other jobs during the day. I am a stepdown, telemetry and medsurge RN. I have been an RN since March 2009 and love caring for patients.
Volunteer PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 8, 2012
Pros: great staff
Great place to work! Great staff very helpfull. Volunteered as a PTA for my clinical hours.
great place to work
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: incentives
Cons: need longer lunch breaks
enjoy the educational aspect of the position
a typical day at work is setting the room for surgical procedures
our management team are very knowledgeable.
the co-workers do excellent team work
the most enjoyable part of the job is overall customer satisfaction and safety.
Great people, great management, good work
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 1, 2012
Pros: everything, a great place to work.
Cons: pay is weak in oklahoma as a whole but did fair for competive pay in the demographic.
Would have never left but big opportunities in sunny San Diego, who could blame me. Great work environment, great team approach. Motivating and appreciative management.
Fast pace and competitive
Unit Support Technician (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2012
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: no overtime
The job is fast paced and competitive. You learn different things everyday.
Co-workers either in your department or not were fun to work with.
Senior Lead Registrar (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 25, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation days
Cons: limited job advancement.
I loved my job at St. Francis. My co-workers were great to work with and we all worked well as a team with the same goal in mind. I think the hardest part of my job was having a relationship with the patient's and hearing from family members that they have passed away.

Some people don't like a fast pace job but I do. I like the challenge it brings – more... and the feeling of success when things get accomplished.

I learned that with management sometimes you can't trust everybody because everybody does not have your best interest at heart, nor do they want to see you excel. – less
Great environment friendly employee's
Phlebotomist "Internship" (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2012
Great place to work loved it employees were very nice and welcoming. My supervisor was awesome and I learned some helpful tips from her.
a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILJune 30, 2012
A hospital that was on the verge of closing, has continued to provide much needed medical care to the community.
Volunteers were well respected and appreciated
Volunteer (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 10, 2012
I went in to the Emergency room and stocked the individual rooms with supplies.
VERY GOOD.
PATIENT ACCT ANYALIST. (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 4, 2012
Pros: sunshine club.
DAY STARTED @ 7:00 AM ENDED @ 4;30. HAD PHONE TIME TO SPAK WITH PATIENTS ABOUT THERE BILLS.CHECK ALL BILLS THAT CAME TO ME FOR ANY WRONG INFO OR WRONG CPT CODES & ICD CODES.BILLED MEDICARE,MEDICAID,WORK/COMP NO/FAULT.I LEARNED INS CHANGES FAST & YOU NEED TOBE ON TOP.I WORKED IN A OFFICE WITH 24 OTHER BILLERS.I FOUND NO PART OF THE JOB HARD AS I ENJOYED – more... WHAT I DID. – less
good place to work
Office Coordinator/Mammography (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMay 28, 2012
Pros: flexible
Working with the patients and staff was a typical day. I've learned time management and organization. Co-workers were team leaders. The hardest part of the job was when the trauma patients came in.
The most fulfilling job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 25, 2012
It was a great experience working there. The staff and the managers were very supportive for my growth both professionally and personally. I had gained more knowledge and skills since working there and had boosted my confidence to take care of the sick population.
Warm and Inviting Environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Evanston, ILMay 24, 2012
Everyone is really friendly and great to work with. The place is very organized and managed very well.
Certified Medical Assistant III (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMay 15, 2012
Warren Clinic is a great place to work. I love all the doctors. Management could be quite a bit better where I am, but overall its pretty nice.
productive
patient (Former Employee), Tulsa,okApril 9, 2012
a nice place and helpful. friendly staff. busy but they try to get you in as fast as possbile
Assisting Preceptor RN in regular nursing duties during 12 hr shift
Nurse Externship (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 6, 2012
Pros: very informative and positive group, i was able to learn a lot! fast paced environment
Cons: 16 week term ended too quickly
Learning daily activites as an RN in the CICU department. At the beginning of the shift, we would receive shift report from the night nurse. We would have a daily set of goals and orders to be accomplished throughout the day, given by physicians. We would start with our daily assessments, then provide care throughout the shift. My coworkers were all – more... wonderful! They were helpful throughout my 16 week term and felt very comfortable. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new techniques and things most would not be able to learn during a clinical rotation. My orientation to the unit for those 16 weeks went by too quickly. – less
It was great while it lasted.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis. TNMarch 8, 2012
Pros: comfortable environment
Cons: the position faded out.
This company allowed their employees to advance within the company. I started in the Utilization Review Dept as thier secretary. I ended in the Behavioral Health Unit as the Administrative Assistant to the Unit Manager
Nice Place to work
Patient care tech (Current Employee), memphis tnMarch 6, 2012
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: personaly im having trouble advancing
Nice place to work but I want to branch out and experience other O.R's in memphis and surrounding areas

About Saint Francis Health System

Founded in 1960 by Natalie and William K. Warren, Sr., Saint Francis Health System is a not-for-profit leading healthcare provider – Read more