Saint Francis Health System

Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews in United States

26 year former employee
Clerical (Former Employee) –  ClericalOctober 23, 2012
I lived and breathed SFH and was a real yes woman/rah rah type employee who was always there, always being a great cheerleader for the hospital, volunteer, very loyal, and happy it helped raise my family. I THOUGHT I would retire from there. I "retired" alright...they forced me out is what they did. I was told that I was being placed in a certain position to cool down two other employees that didn't get alone, even though they had worked together over 20 years. The second day in the position, the Lead person took me aside and told me that I was put in this position because they were getting rid of me and that is how they did it...was to give their unwanted employees to this particular Lead because she would make any employee want to quit. I was insulted in a very big way...I was shocked. I confronted my supervisor and was called a liar...she didnt try to encourage me that it was all wrong and that was not going to happen...no, she just told me that I was lying. I worked there longer than anyone else in that department and I really feel they were intimidated for some reason.

How does a loyal, solid employee with 25 years of golden reviews all the sudden be turned out and called a liar. How does that type of employee all the sudden become a loser employee in the matter of a few months? I will never understand how this hospital system let this happen. I reported this but to no avail...

I value my time spent there...some of the best working years but it is no longer the same place that it was. A lot has changed for the bad in the last 2 years there. I hope that the hospital outlives
  more... this "management" team that is dragging the hospital down and driving away what were once loyal, happy, and great employees.  less
Pros
fair compensation competitive with city hospitals
Cons
shaky management, management making employees take the fall for themselves, manipulative management teams, management backbiting
A wonderful place to work
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2012
The staff and management are superb, and I learned a great deal while working there.
A superb organization
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2012
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital was a joy to work for. The staff and management is superb, dedicated and highly skilled. I learned a great deal and felt thoroughly part of the interdisciplinary teams on which I served.
n/a
Materials Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2012
I enjoyed working for a large hospital and it is an excellent work environment
Sterile
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2012
maintaining the appearance and sanitation of all areas in a hospital, including wards, diagnostic testing rooms, waiting areas, staff areas, examination rooms, and operating rooms
this is not a good company to work for
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 3, 2012
there isi not a plan set aside for job advancement. Staff is not supportive or helpful. Benifits are low. You are overworked and under payed.
Cons
overworked
Great place to work for.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Tulsa,OkSeptember 30, 2012
Saint Francis is a great place to work for, with friendly staff that welcomes you.
Great Culture, great place to work
Director of Visual Communications (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 24, 2012
Saint Francis Hospital is a wonderful place to work, very much focused on excellence and patient care.
An integrated medically-based healthcare system where people started and retired!
Patient Relations Advocate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2012
An integrated-medically-based health system with an emphasis on continuum of care. Composed of: Saint Francis Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis, Saint Francis Heart Hospital, Saint Francis Hospital South, and Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital. Consistently ranked in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide. Recipient of Distinguished Leader for Clinical Excellence Award by Healthgrades 2011 and 2012.
Pros
values, culture, management
Cons
very large healthcare system
I enjoyed working at St. Francis Warren Clinic. The staff was exceptional.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKSeptember 2, 2012
I enjoyed working at St Francis Warren Clinic. Everyday was a new expierecne, if something needed to get done I would do my best to get it done. If I was unsure or needed some guidance there was always someone to help. If questions arose as to responiblities of any job we could always rely on management to help. The most enjoyable part of my job was always meeting new people, being able to talk with the patients and help in anyway I could.
Worked there 19 years and they fired me
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 31, 2012
Loved my job for 19 years, up to the point they fired me. there were
other people in my office making mistakes and they singled me out and fired me.
I have poof and witness to this fact
Now is hard to get a job and now now income, no employment left
after going to work even when I was sick, only took 3 days for my family members who passed away.
I worked for Warren Clinic Broken Arrow.
Pros
enjoyed the patients
Cons
they let me go after 19 years
My years at SF
Level 3 Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 31, 2012
Joined the Desktop Team and then had Open Heart Surgery. The employee's graciously donated vaction time that I needed to complete recovery and return to work. During recovery at home I learned about using Softgrid and upon returning to work at the Hospital, I started creating virtual application packages. I adapted well with using the new technology to create virtual packages and was assigned to creating OS images using BDD and SMS. I quickly started building and maintaining OS images as the primary OS imager. During my last few years at the hospital, Saint Francis started using Wyse ThinClients with Xen images and Xen applications.
Preschool facility for 3-5 year old children.
Assistant Teacher 1- Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2012
I work a part-time shift. My day includes, greeting children and staff upon arrival. I receive daily lunch for distribution to children. Some children have special foods that are brought in from home.

I sit with children during lunch time. I also supervise children during transition to nap time. I supervise nap room.

after awhile, children awake, have a snack, then if weather permitts, outside time for exploration, and exercise.
Pros
a non ending day of adventure
Cons
part time workers get a shorter break.
Respectful and professional place to work
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 18, 2012
I am blessed to have the opportunity to work at St Francis Hospital!
This hospital sincerely has nicest people and employees. The management is extremely approachable and fair. The pay rate is comparable to higher for other establishments in the tri-state area.
Pros
great bunch of people to work for/ with
Cons
cafeteria- expensive and always closing. parking- but they do provide a shuttle.
Workplace Reality
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYAugust 10, 2012
St. Francis was a great place to work for but this past year they have been having layoffs so it is very unstable. This is why I am looking for other jobs during the day. I am a stepdown, telemetry and medsurge RN. I have been an RN since March 2009 and love caring for patients.
Volunteer PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 8, 2012
Great place to work! Great staff very helpfull. Volunteered as a PTA for my clinical hours.
Pros
great staff
great place to work
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2012
enjoy the educational aspect of the position
a typical day at work is setting the room for surgical procedures
our management team are very knowledgeable.
the co-workers do excellent team work
the most enjoyable part of the job is overall customer satisfaction and safety.
Pros
incentives
Cons
need longer lunch breaks
Great people, great management, good work
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 1, 2012
Would have never left but big opportunities in sunny San Diego, who could blame me. Great work environment, great team approach. Motivating and appreciative management.
Pros
everything, a great place to work.
Cons
pay is weak in oklahoma as a whole but did fair for competive pay in the demographic.
Fast pace and competitive
Unit Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2012
The job is fast paced and competitive. You learn different things everyday.
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
no overtime
Co-workers either in your department or not were fun to work with.
Senior Lead Registrar (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 25, 2012
I loved my job at St. Francis. My co-workers were great to work with and we all worked well as a team with the same goal in mind. I think the hardest part of my job was having a relationship with the patient's and hearing from family members that they have passed away.

Some people don't like a fast pace job but I do. I like the challenge it brings and the feeling of success when things get accomplished.

I learned that with management sometimes you can't trust everybody because everybody does not have your best interest at heart, nor do they want to see you excel.
Pros
employee appreciation days
Cons
limited job advancement.

4.2