Saint Francis Health System

Saint Francis Health System Employee Reviews

An integrated medically-based healthcare system where people started and retired!
Patient Relations Advocate Coordinator (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: values, culture, management
Cons: very large healthcare system
An integrated-medically-based health system with an emphasis on continuum of care. Composed of: Saint Francis Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at Saint Francis, Saint Francis Heart Hospital, Saint Francis – more... Hospital South, and Laureate Psychiatric Clinic and Hospital. Consistently ranked in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide. Recipient of Distinguished Leader for Clinical Excellence Award by Healthgrades 2011 and 2012. – less
I enjoyed working at St. Francis Warren Clinic. The staff was exceptional.
Receptionist (Former Employee), McAlester, OKSeptember 2, 2012
I enjoyed working at St Francis Warren Clinic. Everyday was a new expierecne, if something needed to get done I would do my best to get it done. If I was unsure or needed some guidance there was always – more... someone to help. If questions arose as to responiblities of any job we could always rely on management to help. The most enjoyable part of my job was always meeting new people, being able to talk with the patients and help in anyway I could. – less
Worked there 19 years and they fired me
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKAugust 31, 2012
Pros: enjoyed the patients
Cons: they let me go after 19 years
Loved my job for 19 years, up to the point they fired me. there were
other people in my office making mistakes and they singled me out and fired me.
I have poof and witness to this fact
Now is hard to get a job and now now income, no employment left
after going to work even when I was sick, only took 3 days for my family members who passed away.
I worked for Warren Clinic Broken Arrow.
My years at SF
Level 3 Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 31, 2012
Joined the Desktop Team and then had Open Heart Surgery. The employee's graciously donated vaction time that I needed to complete recovery and return to work. During recovery at home I learned about using – more... Softgrid and upon returning to work at the Hospital, I started creating virtual application packages. I adapted well with using the new technology to create virtual packages and was assigned to creating OS images using BDD and SMS. I quickly started building and maintaining OS images as the primary OS imager. During my last few years at the hospital, Saint Francis started using Wyse ThinClients with Xen images and Xen applications. – less
Preschool facility for 3-5 year old children.
Assistant Teacher 1- Customer Service (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2012
Pros: a non ending day of adventure
Cons: part time workers get a shorter break.
I work a part-time shift. My day includes, greeting children and staff upon arrival. I receive daily lunch for distribution to children. Some children have special foods that are brought in from home. – more...

I sit with children during lunch time. I also supervise children during transition to nap time. I supervise nap room.

after awhile, children awake, have a snack, then if weather permitts, outside time for exploration, and exercise. – less
Respectful and professional place to work
Sonographer (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 18, 2012
Pros: great bunch of people to work for/ with
Cons: cafeteria- expensive and always closing. parking- but they do provide a shuttle.
I am blessed to have the opportunity to work at St Francis Hospital!
This hospital sincerely has nicest people and employees. The management is extremely approachable and fair. The pay rate is comparable to higher for other establishments in the tri-state area.
Workplace Reality
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Roslyn, NYAugust 10, 2012
St. Francis was a great place to work for but this past year they have been having layoffs so it is very unstable. This is why I am looking for other jobs during the day. I am a stepdown, telemetry and medsurge RN. I have been an RN since March 2009 and love caring for patients.
Volunteer PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 8, 2012
Pros: great staff
Great place to work! Great staff very helpfull. Volunteered as a PTA for my clinical hours.
great place to work
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: incentives
Cons: need longer lunch breaks
enjoy the educational aspect of the position
a typical day at work is setting the room for surgical procedures
our management team are very knowledgeable.
the co-workers do excellent team work
the most enjoyable part of the job is overall customer satisfaction and safety.
Great people, great management, good work
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKAugust 1, 2012
Pros: everything, a great place to work.
Cons: pay is weak in oklahoma as a whole but did fair for competive pay in the demographic.
Would have never left but big opportunities in sunny San Diego, who could blame me. Great work environment, great team approach. Motivating and appreciative management.
Fast pace and competitive
Unit Support Technician (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2012
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: no overtime
The job is fast paced and competitive. You learn different things everyday.
Co-workers either in your department or not were fun to work with.
Senior Lead Registrar (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 25, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation days
Cons: limited job advancement.
I loved my job at St. Francis. My co-workers were great to work with and we all worked well as a team with the same goal in mind. I think the hardest part of my job was having a relationship with the patient's – more... and hearing from family members that they have passed away.

Some people don't like a fast pace job but I do. I like the challenge it brings and the feeling of success when things get accomplished.

I learned that with management sometimes you can't trust everybody because everybody does not have your best interest at heart, nor do they want to see you excel. – less
Great environment friendly employee's
Phlebotomist "Internship" (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2012
Great place to work loved it employees were very nice and welcoming. My supervisor was awesome and I learned some helpful tips from her.
a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILJune 30, 2012
A hospital that was on the verge of closing, has continued to provide much needed medical care to the community.
Volunteers were well respected and appreciated
Volunteer (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 10, 2012
I went in to the Emergency room and stocked the individual rooms with supplies.
VERY GOOD.
PATIENT ACCT ANYALIST. (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 4, 2012
Pros: sunshine club.
DAY STARTED @ 7:00 AM ENDED @ 4;30. HAD PHONE TIME TO SPAK WITH PATIENTS ABOUT THERE BILLS.CHECK ALL BILLS THAT CAME TO ME FOR ANY WRONG INFO OR WRONG CPT CODES & ICD CODES.BILLED MEDICARE,MEDICAID,WORK/COMP NO/FAULT.I LEARNED INS CHANGES FAST & YOU NEED TOBE ON TOP.I WORKED IN A OFFICE WITH 24 OTHER BILLERS.I FOUND NO PART OF THE JOB HARD AS I ENJOYED WHAT I DID.
good place to work
Office Coordinator/Mammography (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYMay 28, 2012
Pros: flexible
Working with the patients and staff was a typical day. I've learned time management and organization. Co-workers were team leaders. The hardest part of the job was when the trauma patients came in.
The most fulfilling job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 25, 2012
It was a great experience working there. The staff and the managers were very supportive for my growth both professionally and personally. I had gained more knowledge and skills since working there and had boosted my confidence to take care of the sick population.
Warm and Inviting Environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Evanston, ILMay 24, 2012
Everyone is really friendly and great to work with. The place is very organized and managed very well.
Certified Medical Assistant III (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMay 15, 2012
Warren Clinic is a great place to work. I love all the doctors. Management could be quite a bit better where I am, but overall its pretty nice.
Headquarters