Saint Francis Hospital & Medical Center Employee Reviews

Horrible culture
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 2, 2018
Management in business office absolutely terrible, including director, your not given proper training nor the proper tools to succeed. Culture in office is discriminatory. I would NEVER recommend working in the business office! Horrible atmosphere to work in! Dissappointment 100%.
Cons
Terrible management
Great place to start!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 19, 2018
Started in the medical clinic and learned a lot. Had a great experience with resident doctors and rotated in different departments. Co-workers were nice but a lot left and went to other practices. The hardest part of the job was definitely not being able to leave on a certain days on time. Which made going to school definitely harder. I liked the hands-on and enjoyed it very much. I also enjoyed a lot seeing my patients getting well.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great place to start out.
Cons
Long hours on certain days and only a 30 minute lunch break.
Good for older or younger folks
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2018
I heard the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I want them to do a better job at hiring and hire the most qualified in order for the place to succeed. I was comfortable with my job. It’s not a bad place to work, just time to move on.
Pros
My boss
Cons
upper management
Ok
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 3, 2017
Working 40hrs/week, a 30 min/day lunch break is rare. Pay rate is low compared to others surrounding places. Supervisors and managers feel entitled and don't have a friendly environment. Great experience with fast paced work flow, ER, OR, trauma experience, but wears on you.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Breaks, managers
workplace
Radiology Arrival Team (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 8, 2017
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center is a great place to work and to be taken care of medically. I enjoy working for the hospital themselves. It all depends on what department/career field you are in
Pros
people
Cons
people
productive environment
Accounts Receivable/ Follow-Up Rep (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 31, 2017
A typical work day at St. Francis Hospital involved the follow-up of claim status via website or phone. In addition, to resolving denial of claims. I had the ability to train new employees, work both work compensation claims and commercial.
Pros
exceeded the requirements
Cons
understaff
Fine work environment
Unit Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2017
Solid compensation, hours were good, management was decent, worked on a surgical floor where the staff was pleasant and the team was cohesive and worked to provide a good patient experience
Great company to work for
Sterile processing technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 17, 2016
Happily enjoyed working for this organization great balance in life and work style. Management was great. i would recommend working here to others.
Super Challenging and Not Enough Pay!!!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 1, 2015
Hard work, but you learn really good skills that will excell you in the security field. Managment sucks but some co-workers are cool. Alot of walking and writing.
Pros
Skills Learned
Cons
Compensation