Saint Francis Medical Center Employee Reviews

Corrupt and Dishonest Company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  .December 20, 2015
This company has such a potential to be a great employer, but instead they take advantage of every loophole to take from the employees. The entire hospital (with the exception of Administration) is understaffed in turn making them over-stressed. Speaking respectfully and openly to Human Resources does not matter as they will continue to do what they want. I would never be a patient as the level of care is sub-par and not enough staff to adequately care for any patient. The company spends their money on boosting their image to the public which is sad. Even speaking to the Department of Labor they said that SFMC is within their legal limits, but no one takes advantage of the things they do because it's just wrong. A NICU nurse told me that she used to leave her nightshift shift and run to WalMart for errands and then come back. Sneaking out and leaving a NICU patient?!?! Absolutely worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
It's a paying job.
Cons
List too long.
Excellent Place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 19, 2015
Fun place to work and the ability to advance your skills.
it was always a pleasure going to work,very respectful coworker.helpful and are team players.
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
Friendly and caring
ED Technician
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 15, 2015
I worked as an Emergency Room Tech on 3rd Shift in Hartford, which brought an diverse group of patients with a variety of injuries and illnesses. I enjoyed helping those I could, and enjoyed being part of a team to do just that. I enjoyed my supervisors and co- workers, and only left because I had moved. I believe I would have been at this job until today had I not moved.
Its a good place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 23, 2015
I have been at Saint Francis Medical Center for 10+ years. It is a good place to work however, they have been chipping away at our benefits over the past 4 or 5 years.
Pros
Well paying job
Cons
Less benefits then before
Terrible Place to Work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 21, 2015
This was the least family friendly place that I've ever worked. Pay was low for the amount of duties that I had. Any negative comments about the "Medical Center" was seen as a treasonous act, even if you had some constructive criticism. Management was completely incompetent and many times downright mean. There was so much backstabbing and talk behind closed doors here that it created a very negative environment. Administration runs the hospital with an iron fist and you are just a number on a balance sheet to them, not a person.

After five years of excellent service to this company (during two separate employments) I was fired out of the blue on some trumped up charges. I never had so much as a "talking to" in my time there prior to this incident. In fact, I had just received an outstanding review and was being considered for a promotion to a supervisory position just weeks before I was terminated.

Not only did this termination disgrace my reputation I also lost all my insurance benefits and to top off the cake they denied my unemployment claims. My immediate supervisor, the one who was about to promote me, was so ashamed of himself during my "interrogation/firing" that he couldn't even look me in the eye.

Shame on you St. Francis Medical Center for treating people like this. Don't be fooled for a minute, this is NOT a Christian organization.
Pros
Co-workers (or so I thought)
working for saint francis
Student LVN (Former Employee) –  lynwood caJuly 7, 2015
working at saint francis hospital was a life time experience that I will never forget. form the team work to the patient care and various activities to help with cognitive and physical development.
Pros
avialability of different payment methods
Great place to work working there was like one big family and the management is very supportive.
Quality improvement coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 4, 2015
I would arrive to work at 9am and get the midnight census,and the troponin report. I would review all admission from the prior day and insure that all the necessary labs were ordered and the patient was on the right medications and echos were ordered for chf patients. Any testing medications or if echos were not ordered would notify nursing to request the additional testing,medications and echos. If the doctor didnt order the additional testing, medication or echos to ensure there was a documented reason for not ordering. Would review all core measure (ami, chf) discharges to ensure that all testing was done or scheduled to done has an outpatient and that the patient was discharge on the proper medications. I learned this position from the ground up and improved it. The management is very supportive and available to assist me if needed. My coworkers were very friendly and helped me if I needed. I would also be a resource person my coworkers. The hardest part was earning the respect of the medical staff and the nursing staff but once that was done I enjoyed watching them became more compliant with the CMS guidelines and became independent of my supervision. I remained available to them if they needed me. I also enjoyed having St Francis improve from 90 to 100 in ami and chf.
Pros
fun place to work great people.
family oriented workplace
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 24, 2015
I loved working at St. Francis Medical Center. I worked in the laboratory department. My supervisors were some of the best I have ever had. My co-workers were great. i enjoyed going to work. I learned a lot from working there.
Productivity Proficiency and Professionalism
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 3, 2015
A typical day at this job involved constant movement and custodial needs for patients' rooms, exam rooms, and foyer areas of varying waiting rooms on one to seven floors of the building. I learned plenteous info about safety with sanitation, hazardous wastes and overall importance of the safety involved with the cleanliness of a hospital. The HK (housekeeping) teams would clock in on a TACS systems, retrieve pagers which would notify us of cleaning requests per specific area of hospital. The hardest part of the job for me was with physical exertion because the manual labor was taxing, cleaning up to 30 rooms per day throughout seven floors. The most enjoyable part of the day was the smiles on nursing staff members (per floor), patients and/or their family members or visitors faces when approving of service timeliness, proficiency, communication and overall functionality of housekeeping duties.
Pros
The Pros of this job were with helping others
Cons
The Cons of this job was with non-professionalism and dishonest among coworkers
About the bottom line
PCA (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 16, 2015
Managements hands are tied by CHI for staffing, raises, workload (matrix), etc. this impacts patient satisfaction and patient safety. Many people enjoy the positions they have, but morale has taken a huge hit.
Pros
Starting wage, good healthcare experience
Cons
Employee opinion is not really considered, goals set are almost unattainable, insurance/government driven because of law changes, the co-worker unity is diminishing
great benefits
Laboratory Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company great environment loving coworkers great incentives always showed employees that they cared for holidays and birthdays SFMC was the best
benefits
Cons
hard to excel in the hospital
Very good work environment.
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMarch 19, 2015
On a typical day, the work load was demanding however many of the co-workers worked as a team to ensure that the work was completed in a timely manner. Management ensured that my co-workers and I were treated fairly.
Serving with the greatest love and care is the motto of most employees at the College of Nursing.
Secretary II, PCT, Adm Registrar, UCNA (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 14, 2015
I feel very blessed to be employed with OSF for over 29 years. The organization encourages education and is willing to assist employees in their journey. The spiritual atmosphere is encouraging as well.
Pros
Education assistance
Cons
Feeling of not being heard by management
RN
RN BSN (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 11, 2014
Provide patient care with compassion for each and every patient. I have learned and developed my nursing skills at OSF and am entirely grateful. Management tries their best to make each patient feel individualized and provide and adequate work environment. The hardest part of the job is balance between work and family due to 3rd shift.
Pros
great co-workers, great job
Cons
work and home life balance
St. Francis is a good place to work.
Application Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 21, 2014
A typical day is spent assisting customers with software problems on the phone and remotely via computer.
Since I started working at St. Francis I've learned a lot about IT, report writing, networking, software and people.
My managers have been hardworking with high standards.
I have had excellent co-workers who are smart and attentive.
The hardest part of my job is that I could spend too much time there.
The most enjoyable part is being creative writing scripts or reports.
Pros
religious based hospital, good people to work with and for.
Cons
corporate bureaucracy.
Enjoyable and always interesting
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 21, 2014
Very fast paced environment with a high stress level that will keep you on your toes. The people are wonderful and make everyday working there delightful.
Sprint of Healing
Administrative/Newborn Nursery Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 3, 2014
I loved working here. I lived so much and grew a lot in my field. coworkers were great. Some of the management should come work with the patients so they can better understand our work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 29, 2014
Cares about patients and their families. Not really room for advancement though.
Great learning environment
Surgical Technologist/Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAApril 15, 2014
Typical day I scrub about 5 to 6 cases a day. Usually back to back, quick turn-around, hard-working staff and great doctors. I learned to anticipate surgeon's needs, memorize preference cards, plan and assess all scheduled cases to stay ahead. Management is supportive, helpful, and accommodating. I enjoy all aspects of my job which is why I chose to pursue a career as a surgical technologist.
Pros
great learning experiences, wonderful staff.
Cons
not enough hours.
Phlebotomist Technician
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 12, 2014
Very strong full service hospital with very capable staff and resources
Pros
great staff
Cons
very low wages