Saint Francis Medical Center Employee Reviews

On Call Status after a year didn't work for me.
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 4, 2018
In the telecommunication call center, there was never an intention to advance. The only advancements were annual 6% pay raises. It was kind of a depressing atmosphere where patients sometimes never left alive.

My manager was a stickler. Which made some moments challenging or uncomfortable. The shifts were long. The grave shift is what I enjoyed the most. Very quiet and minimal supervision.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Nice Coworkers Horrible Management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed my position and co workers but I had issues with the way management handled issues. We did not see eye to eye on how they treated their employees
Caring environment.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2017
Saint Francis multi specialty group is a very good place to work. Management are caring and understanding and the collaborative physicians are exceptional with their ability to continue our education into our practice.
Pros
Co-workers.
Cons
I do not wish to write a review at this time.
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 9, 2017
This is a decent hospital to work for, other than the low pay compared to industry standards. For the most part, the employees make it worthwhile. I started this company for the pay and bonuses, of which, the bonuses were done away with shortly after I started. My luck.
competitive work environment
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CaliforniaDecember 7, 2017
busy day, always fully attention to all patients monitors to keep patient's safety all the times. Actively working as a team in our unit area, stressful but we handled good. Being a positive attitudes brings your works easy no matter how hard it is but at the end of the day everything is well. Working in an hospital is not a game you have to be more efficient and focus that's what i have learned to my everyday duty. It is tiring but exciting because every single day of your works you always learned something to your team group. Different culture environment wont matters if you know how to handle situations and know them better, being friendly gives positive vibes to everyone.

The hardest part of the job when your group have all different opinions that wont meet the solution of the problem, but when you set up a meetings to discuss each opinion and have study and vote for the results will end up to better understanding and solution for the problems. And one more that I consider hardest part of the job is when you're given extra assignment that you need to finish at the end of the day while you are on busy time pressure. Its not easy to do multi task job if you don't have system and not organized. But if you have system and you are well organized and have a fast thinking solution to your assignment everything will be easy for you to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you accomplished all your assignment and given you some kind of appreciation for the job well done.
Pros
recognition
Cons
not appreciated
Enjoyable
Patient Care Technician, ER and Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Saint Francis. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the area I worked in. I met lots of people who helped me through nursing school and gave me tips to help me throughout school and my career. This was a great job and I hated to leave but moved out of the area.
always room for advancement
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 5, 2017
very busy and wonderful work family I think st francis has wonderful benefits and great discounts. There is always someone you can talk to the sisters are there for you when you are in a time of need and always helping the community.
Is a Very stressful place to work.
Financial Counselor/Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 19, 2017
The Director there is very rude and believes in favoritism, she only helps and deals with her preferred people, she never accepts her employees suggestions.
Pros
Good Beneftis
Cons
short lunches and no breaks
Overall a good place to work
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 12, 2017
The mission of Bon Secours is what has kept me there. However, having been there for several years now, I can see the mission eroding a bit. New facilities are being built year after year, yet we remain understaffed, and are encouraged to leave early at times and use our PTO. There have been a couple of times where our raises have been suspended several months, or were lower than they should have been. But really I am grateful that we get raises and PTO, and are provided with competitive benefit packages. The employees overall are there because they want to be, and also appreciate what we do to help those patients in dire medical and financial circumstances. You don't see that everywhere.
All the back-stabing of a Corporate Environment with none of the Talent
Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 6, 2017
Upper Managment and Leadership are openly hostile and toxic towards general staff. There's no such thing as an unreasonable demand, and no appreciation is ever shown.

We pay as low as 50% under national average for demanding positions in understaffed departments, under increasingly incompetent Leadership. Middle management has no spine to either stand up for their employees, or even to let go employees who've completely checked out.

And who can blame them? Managers who care are forced out after being stabbed in the back by managers who'd rather play politics. Being in IT, I'm very aware of this: We've lost over 80 Managers and/or Directors in the last two years; And the people who've replaced them are the slimiest snakes and opportunistic leeches.

It's an open secret here that Employee Bonuses (which used to break $500 frequently) have been squeezed out while Executives are getting larger and larger ones.

MAYBE any or all of this would be tolerable if we were an incredible provider of healthcare, but I wouldn't take my dog to these butchers. And for the "privilege" of coming here you get to pay prices substantially higher than real doctors and surgeons up in St.Louis.

This place will work you to death and then complain that you died.
Pros
Most of your peers aren't evil
Cons
Hardest job you've ever been underpaid for, Management enjoys being toxic, Benefits shrink significantly every year (unless you're an Exec)
Growing Pains
IT (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 19, 2017
Management was not completely transparent. Did not understand all avenues of their jobs, which gave the employees in certain areas less consideration than the areas deemed superior.
Stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 10, 2017
Hard to get along with some management. It was very stressful.It is an Ok place to work. They kept adding more duties to our daily activities. Then they didn't have enough help.
great place to work
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HISeptember 28, 2017
great place to work fast paced. Limited exams
but the compnay went bankrupt and hospital closed down.
drs were friendly small department but very busy. Management very encouraging and helpful.
Like to work in hospital
Adult Out-Patient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2017
St francis was a great place to work, learn most of my education thur there seminars, management was not that good to to there bankrupt. Very diversified, like working here with a friendly atmosphere .
Pros
Lunch
Divisional Director
Divisional Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 25, 2017
Manage the day to day operations for all facilities. Including Plant Operations, Maintenance, Property Management, Security, EVS, Clinical Engineering, and Construction Projects.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
Not allowed to work planned budget, Not given the ability to perform my job.
Low pay and high turn over
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 8, 2017
Benefits were too expensive and salary was the lowest for nurses in the area. Hospital is a great learning hospital and the nurse residency program was helpful.
Pros
Cafeteria food was amazing
benefits
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOSeptember 7, 2017
I have learned quite a few new things while working through sfmc. At first, some were difficult but I overcame them. I do enjoy all the people with whom I work with, we are like family
overall good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 5, 2017
Lots of changes over the past years but still a good employer overall. Good pay scales with advancement opportunities within the facility. Standard hospital hours apply.
The employees were great, stressful environment
Surgical Aide (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 21, 2017
My specific job was very relaxed. Other jobs around me were under a large amount of stress. The people I worked with were required to work long hours. When they would come in to work, they were not sure what time they were going to get off.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No breaks, stressful, long hours
Loved my job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 18, 2017
My job was a great job; but because of budget constraints and poor management on behalf of OSF my job was eliminated then it took 3-4 people just to do what I was doing.

They eliminated the best manager that the office ever had and brought in a headhunter who walked her out the door, then they started eliminating jobs around the office.

The physicians were great people to be around, my co-workers were great, the RNs were awesome people, to work with. I became a super user for the physicians and clerical workers, it was a great job.
Pros
Great working atmosphere