Saint Francis Medical Center

Saint Francis Medical Center Employer Reviews

St. Francis is a good place to work.
Application Analyst III (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEJuly 21, 2014
Pros: religious based hospital, good people to work with and for.
Cons: corporate bureaucracy.
A typical day is spent assisting customers with software problems on the phone and remotely via computer.
Since I started working at St. Francis I've learned a lot about IT, report writing, networking, software and people.
My managers have been hardworking with high standards.
I have had excellent co-workers who are smart and attentive.
The hardest part of my job is that I could spend too much time there.
The most enjoyable part is being creative writing scripts or reports.
Enjoyable and always interesting
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 21, 2014
Very fast paced environment with a high stress level that will keep you on your toes. The people are wonderful and make everyday working there delightful.
Sprint of Healing
Administrative/Newborn Nursery Technician (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJune 3, 2014
I loved working here. I lived so much and grew a lot in my field. coworkers were great. Some of the management should come work with the patients so they can better understand our work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMay 29, 2014
Cares about patients and their families. Not really room for advancement though.
Great learning environment
Surgical Technologist/Preceptor (Current Employee), Lynwood, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: great learning experiences, wonderful staff.
Cons: not enough hours.
Typical day I scrub about 5 to 6 cases a day. Usually back to back, quick turn-around, hard-working staff and great doctors. I learned to anticipate surgeon's needs, memorize preference cards, plan and assess all scheduled cases to stay ahead. Management is supportive, helpful, and accommodating. I enjoy all aspects of my job which is why I chose to pursue a career as a surgical technologist.
Phlebotomist Technician
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: very low wages
Very strong full service hospital with very capable staff and resources
Very Inviting Place to Work
Night Shift Administrative Partner (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work is hard to describe. I am responsible for all admissions and orders for the patient that the doctor requests once they are admitted from the emergency room. I have learned how to be patient and calm in crazy situations. I have learned how to prioritize and manage my time. I have learned how to work on the things that are most important first and save the things that are minute to be done close to the end of my shift or when time permits. The hardest thing about my job is when we can't help a patient. The most enjoyable part is when we get to see the patient go home fully recovered.
Student nurse
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEFebruary 20, 2014
I did clinical rotations at Mary Lanning as a student nurse. I really enjoyed my time there.
Medical Laboratory Technician
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2014
This was an excellent hospital system to work for and it was unfortunate that economic down turn casue the hospital to close it's doors.
excellent facility and support staff
Hospitalist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 30, 2013
As above has been a pleasure working at this facility-although the shifts are long-12 hours-the providers are very well taken care of-excellent support staff
Constant challenges and learning opportunities
HRIS Analyst, Human Resources (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great employer, good benefits, great people
Cons: lack of convincing job security, lack of appreciation for going over and above expectations
My typical day at work involves ad hoc report generating, termination processing, tuition reimbursement program administration, and employee license maintenance.
I have learned how the levels of management in a large organization work together to accomplish the end goal of patient and employee satisfaction.
I work extremely well with my co-workers, manager, director, and vice president. We make a great team.
The hardest part of my job is the involuntary terminations.
The most enjoyable part is the fact that in HR, there is always something to learn, something to accomplish, and new challenges every day.
Excellent workplace
Staffing Analyst (Current Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 15, 2013
Staffing Analyst- Start off the day by collecting staffing sheets to determine how many staffing needs there are housewide. I try to cover as many needs as possible. I then take call ins and process staff's payroll. The hardest part of this job is when we don't have enough staff to cover the needs. The most enjoyable part is taking care of patients and their families.

PCT-Provide the patients with any care that may be needed and or required.

I learned how to multi-task.
Fun Plae to work
Receptionist/Biller/Coder (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 22, 2013
Fun place to work,good benefits. Overall not good management of their emplyees
Hospital work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 29, 2013
I worked on a large floor in the hospital dealing with any general sickness. I was able to grow while working in this position.
LOved the staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, LAApril 15, 2013
Pros: good food
Cons: excessive rules
ENjoyed working with coworkers and patients, but management can be overbearing at times
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEApril 4, 2013
Pros: great job
Cons: not enough hours
Work in a variety of different places: hospital laboratories, Physician’s offices, Blood Banks and many more. Their work requires active interaction with doctors, nurses, clinical staff and patients, family and caregivers. The ages may range from infants to those in the geriatric population, so the phlebotomist must have proper telephone etiquette as well as client service abilities, record management and bookkeeping skills
Overall good place to work.
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 31, 2013
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: hard workload
Saint Francis Medical Center is a good place to work. It has the potential to be great! They need to address staffing issues and workload but other than that it is good.
Productive and great atmosphere.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMarch 16, 2013
Everyone here is always helping each other out whenever ones in need.
productive
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Externship) (Former Employee), Lynwood, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: opportunity to enhance my skills
Cons: not having enough hours in the day to give each patient there time of day
everyday it was something new, never did i see a face twice. the variety of cultures and beliefs and the different quality of care that i had to perform was different. from newborn care to wounds, trachea and ostomy care. i learned to deal with different personalities and to enhance my knowledge and skills as a nurse. i enjoyed being able to perform and care for my patients.
Stellar acute care facility
Nurse (Former Employee), Lynwood, CADecember 13, 2012
Pros: competitive salary, place for advancement and advance education with imbursement
Cons: office/job politics, cliques
Place for advance and encouraged all nurse to advance to next level of practice with reimbursement and increase in salary if certifications held.