Saint Gobain

Saint Gobain United States Employee Reviews

Very Fast Pace
Maintenance Shift Lead (Former Employee), Benton Ar.April 23, 2015
Very dirty, very busy, but goes and comes with oil prices. Not secure employment. Saint Gobain as whole is a great company with great benefits.
Saint Gobain has been one of the most rewarding positions I have ever been in. It is like one big family.
Second Shift Lead (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work is working on air plane parts. Everyone around me works on many different parts and machines, so it is a little different for everyone. I really enjoy working with the individuals around me. I start my day off with a pile of paperwork and constantly getting pulled away to help others with predicaments. I enjoy having the ability to converse with so many different cultures and to help them figure out problems on a daily basis. I work with a wide diversity of individuals. The management staff has really helped me to grow as a leader. They have had nothing but support in me persuing my bachelors degree as well.
Excellent World Wide Company
Production Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Worcester MAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: builds self confidence - high profile - peers respect my workmanship
Cons: very high-demanding position. many peers rely on my expertise.
Being in production, very fast paced. Nucleus of many depts. Need always to be focused. A very demanding yet self fulfilling position.
It's a great place to work if you enjoy working with ceramic materials.
Technician ball mills are ready for manufacturing. (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 24, 2014
Pros: the cook outs in the summer, and the christmas party.
Cons: just getting up at 2a:m
I learned a lot at this company. technically, and practically speaking. This company paid for my specialist training courses in ceramics while enriching my skills. Ceramic Technology, Ceramic Processing, Ceramic Laboratory Procedures, and Statistical Process Control for Ceramics and Glass. I made some good friends with great sense of humor while I was working with the company, and I still maintain the friendship. The hardest part is just getting up at 2am. The most enjoyable part is the jokes and stories some of my co-workers come up with.
A/R Specialist
Senior Cash Analyst Specialist (Former Employee), Valley Forge,PANovember 5, 2014
Pros: cafeteria located on campus
Cons: lack of work
Perform timely and accurate daily processing of cash receipts received through lockboxes.
Assist in intercompany reconciliations.
Good job with good benifits
Technician (Former Employee), Sparta, GAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: could progress over time
Cons: layoffs often
A day on the job would consist of mechanically building and breaking down machines for screen printing, keeping my work area clean, and supervising the material handlers and machine operators.
so so company
Temp/Re-screener (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: big break in the middle of you day and holidays off
Cons: everything else
The job is a so so job. If you can put up with the crazy kids and weird hours its not too bad, the benefits are not that great and if you get in the union don't expect them to cover you... personally i wouldn't recommend this company
My Time at Saint Gobain
Growth Operator (Former Employee), Devens, MAJune 13, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: travelling to and from work
Typical day at Saint Gobain was setting up the machines, getting them to grow the material, and dismantling the machines for the next run. Hardest part of the job was the time to travel back and forth, an hours drive.
Not Organized Company
Shipping and Receiving Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 15, 2014
prepare all glass for shipements. Hand out assignments for different material handlers. Box glass, load glass receive glass. Clean warehouse.
Family orientated
Production, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Great place to work. Team work. Great communication. Great benifits. Loved the rotating shift.
very productive
Tower Operator (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHNovember 21, 2013
I ran a tower that operated basically by itself just had to make sure everything was looking good and if I had issues id call a lead
swing shift hot making glass
Product Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Lincoln, ILNovember 7, 2013
130 degree work areas making glass bottles. Oversee 20 employees, worked swing shift hard on personal life, hardest part of job was trying to understand cold end manager because of different nationality. Worked will with all employees at all times.
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Albion, NYOctober 1, 2013
Pros: time went by fast.
Cons: only got breaks when the machines permitted
worked a 12 hour rotating shifts and 8 hour shifts. learned how to run machines in 3 different departments, had a good repore with the cowrkers, hardest part was getting use to the shifts.enjoyed my coworkers alot
fun place
factory (Former Employee), Burlington, WIAugust 20, 2013
Pros: free breaks
Cons: only summer help
Saint gobain is making glass bottles.; each day I would look at each bottle and look for anything that would be abnormal and throw the bottle away. the hardest part of the job was certain problems were hard t o see. the most enjoyable part was throwing away the bad parts.
Productive, Fast paced environment
process handler/ utility operator (Former Employee), Sapulpa, OKJuly 23, 2013
Always busy constanly on my toes, never a dull day. I trained a few people and was glad to work as a team.
starter job
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: overtime, good pay
Cons: racists environment
work is constant and pretty easy to get, i learned a lot about machine operating and production. but there is poor management, little team work. most co worker have been there 40+ yrs and the company predominately Caucasians, which make for a highly racists environment. were hard jobs are given to minorities and easy jobs are given to whites. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the inequality, the most enjoyable part of the job is not having to deal with customers and of course going home the pay isn't bad either .
it was local and 5minutes away from home
Lead Inspector/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sparta, GAMay 22, 2013
Pros: paid every week
Cons: 2nd shift
A typical day consist of recording daily logs,assigning associates to designated areas,making sure bottles are packed correctly and accounted for
not much to say about there management staff
Forklift driver /load and unload truck (Former Employee), Plainfield, INFebruary 8, 2013
they work you hard and the pay sucks and management only cares about them selfs and how must they can make and not about the workers that are doing the hard work for the little bit they make.
productive offered lots of over time
Mill Operator (Former Employee), Portage, WIJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: good breaks nice factory
Cons: once you got a better job within it was hard to get out to do something else
It was a lot of lifting, it was hard to get supervisers to listen. pay was good and benefits were decent
See below paragraph
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: too few hours and low pay rate
Saint Gobain was a terrific place at which to work. The staff members were always polite and friendly, and helped me ease into their team as a real professional. My supervisor is a great guy and was always accessible and willing to help. I had only a few co-workers as this was a contract position but they were all very nice and friendly. On my last day at this job my supervisor and co-workers took me out to a superdelicious lunch. I really miss this position and was telephoned and asked to return to do some speecial project. I was very pleased at the offer and would have happily accepted the post if not for the fact that my elderly parents were injured in a car accident and I had to relocate to their home to be able to care for them. They are both feeling and doing much better so I can now seek a new job.