Saint Joseph's University Employee Reviews

Temporary position
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2017
I was a teaching assistant. Had to leave once I graduate. Why Indeed is making me write stuff even when I do not have anything to write about? Okay, two more words.
Easy going and considerate
Library Technician/Stacks Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2017
A typical day working at Saint Joseph's is very busy.

I have learned a whole lot during my many years working there.

My management team very good with time off when taking vacations or sick time.

The workplace culture is good except times when staff gets over zealous thinking that they are in charge when they are not.

The hardest part of the job is getting along with certain staff members.

The most enjoyable part of the job is during the holidays the staff shows some spirit of giving.
Pros
Book store discount
Cons
Very high parking fees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2017
It is a great place to work. Everyone is helpful when it comes to providing hands-on training, questions, or information regarding unfamiliar systems.
Athletic Department
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2017
Even with more staff than other places, still felt stressed with having enough people to help out. Coworkers were fun. Needs to update technology for efficiency.
Professional growth
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2017
Saint Joseph's University is great place to work. It is an ideal environment to grow personally and professionally. The educationally opportunities are unlimited.
Saint Joseph's University
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
Worked there for over 5 years in the theatre department. It is a good theatre department - they always put on a good show. I was very happy to have a job there while I finished taking classes.
College Club
PILOT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2017
It was good experience but unpaid. It was only for a college club so I don't think this will be helpful to anyone, There were only two busy periods a year.
Typical university
Periodicals Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2017
Good place to work. Jesuit university. Great campus. Pay not great but lots of perks and benefits. Straddles Philadelphia and suburbs. Cliqueish place.
It's a nice enviroment, people are very friendly.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2017
I like working for SJU. Faculties and other staff members are super friendly and laid back. Admins work 4 days a week and every weekend is a long weekend which is something I don't like but it's okay as the benefits are great. Full tuition reimbursement.
Excellent School with Flexible management
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2017
The working environment is relaxed, with an awesome manager. The hardest part about the job is the fact that you are guarding lives, more specifically, children's lives during the summer.
Inviting staff and upper managment
Equipment Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2017
Senior staff members were willing to teach me the ropes of the equipment room which has allowed me to teach newer staff members. Interacting with athletes can be hard so it is nice to have a team who are willing to step up and help when needed. Our boss is knowledgeable and willing to share his expertise to enhance our experience.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2017
The University was a great place to work as a student. I gained valuable work experience that I may not have gotten elsewhere. My supervisors were all very pleasant and guided me well when I needed help in certain situations. However, as a part-time student worker, I did not have access to the full benefits package that is available to other workers. Hence I cannot speak to quality of the benefits provided by the University.
Supportive Work Place
Graduate Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at work can be busy or not according to visitors, management very supportive. The hardest part of the job is cross-cultural communication
Pros
supportive
Cons
busy
Dedicated employees - Poor work environment
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2017
This organization has a lot of high-functioning, dedicated, employees. Unfortunately, there are some bad seeds in the Senior Management forcing people out. Long time employees have recently begun to flee due to the toxic environment being created. Policies are being put into place, not for the best interest of the group, but because of petty personal opinions. I fear that they will drive the entire team elsewhere, which is to the benefit of those looking for Advancement employees in the area.
wonderful
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2017
great place to work and the best people . Family environment and people typically work here life long. Best 6 years and wouldn't trade it . Great educational perks
Pros
free education
Cons
educational salary
Productive workplace
Ticket Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2017
The management is very professional, where sales staff are readily aided with up-to-date equipment to be the go between students and multiple basketball games.
Very good place to good at.
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed making the students and staff safe at all times. I also enjoyed helping the students get to there classrooms safe.
Pros
Free schooling .
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Undergraduate work study
Office Assistant - Department of Economics (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2016
As a recent grad the automation of Indeed required me to fill out a job based review of this university. So here we are. My work was a simple work study based in the Econ dept.
A decent place to work overall
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the community. The hardest part of the job was management seeking to make the job less enjoyable. If one person messes up, the entire squad is punished instead of the offending individual.
It was a good work study job
English Department Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2016
I had different tasks to do everyday, and the environment was very laid back. I only worked two days a week because, again, it was just a work study job. I enjoyed getting to know the faculty of my major more.