Saint Joseph's University Employee Reviews

Loved the job
Teacher Assistant for Biology Lab (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2015
As a student myself, I loved the work study opportunity. I got to know new people and learn new things and study while being paid!
Was a nice place to work
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2015
A lot of change is going on at SJU. Although I have met tons of good people. Most of them have moved on. I have met some very smart, very friendly people along the way.
Relaxed laboratory environment with student-teacher interaction
Organic Chemistry Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
My position as a student teaching assistant in the organic chemistry lab has been very rewarding. Not only have I deepened my own understanding of the material, but I have been able to help students to understand and apply it to the experiments conducted in the laboratory. I enjoyed going to work because of the relationships I formed with the teacher and students and because I love sharing my knowledge and experience with others. A typical day involves giving practical instruction and assistance to the laboratory technique and answering any questions for the students. The hardest part of the job is when a student makes a mistake that is irrecoverable and they have to restart the entire experiment.
Good place
Information Systems Intern (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Good place to work. The work environment is nice and friendly. There is a lot to learn in different areas.I really like working here
Enjoyed interacting with college students
Student Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch, making new friends, and recieving a good paycheck
Cons: no cons
A typical day would be performing customer service, answering the telephone, and entering data.
I have learned how to be efficent at the job that I was performing.
Managment was very nice to me and Saint Joseph's University is a good place to work.
I've found nothing hard about the tasks given
Interacting with college students
Professional and calm culture
Public Safety Lead Dispatcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: education
A ever changing place to work. One moment it can be a quiet environment, the next, it can become busy. Good management team that believes in providing a good culture to it's staff and students. Enjoy helping the people on and around campus.
Wonderful job and great place to work!!!
Biology Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
This was THE BEST job I've ever had! The pay was excellent! The people were amicable; the setting was very private and personable. They didn't "overload" you with work, and were happy to help/assist you with any questions you had or anything you needed help with. The were very understanding and empathetic. I would recommend this workplace to anyone!!!
Diverse group of employees
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
There are professors and staff from all over the world working at Saint Joseph's University which contributes to individual development since we could exchange experiences and share different point of views.
productive fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: close to where i lived, my boss let me set my own hours
Cons: it was only part time so there were no health benefits
typical work day was to check my emails, enter data into the banner server we used, check in with my superior to see if anything was needed to do as far as reviewing my work
management was great, and my co-workers were all motivated individuals with great work ethic. the hardest part of the job was when I had to stuff envelopes for my boss knowing that I had greater potential than something as simple as that task
the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was helping St. Joe's to connect with their alumni and constituents
‎why I love SJU‬
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 29, 2014
I love my elegant professors, they are so patient. I love those cute escort drivers, it's fun talking to them everyday. (XD) I love all the people walking around the playground each evening. I love the gym especially the swimming pool. I also love Perch and I miss Simpson's Family there. (XD)
They practically paid me to do my homework
Paid On Campus - Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2014
The jobs functions weren't very many, occasionally i would update computers and/or wipe down all the screens in a computer lab. Since this is a work study program i only had roughly 7-8 hours a week and most of the time I just did my homework or read my book until my boss, who is a lovely and understanding woman, would tell me that i had to do something today.
Amazing opportunities for growth, but limited growth within institution.
Administration (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: tuition remission, work life balance, pto and sick leave, spiritual development
Cons: little room for advancement, low pay.
Great benefits, amazing work-life balance, free higher education, wonderful community. The only problem is that there is no track for advancement, and wages are below industry rates. I know that after I leave SJU I will never find a job that offers so many benefits and a culture that seems to care so much for its employees.
Productive and Fast paced environment
Public Safety Lead Dispatcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2014
Pros: health benefits and uniform allowances
Cons: short breaks and not enough vacation time
Majority of the time its busy but I've learned how to multi-task and be proficient with obtaining information. Management is fair for the most part. They try to create a enjoyable work environment. The co-workers are friendly and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance all aspects of the job duties. The most enjoyable part is learning new things about the job
Fast paced and challenging.
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: multitasking and challenging.
Must answer phone calls and take calls over the radio. Be able to monitor CCTV. Greet people in a professional manner when they enter the office and assist them as needed. Dispatch officers to emergencies and on other calls as needed. Sold parking permits and handled citation disputes. Handle every crisis in a calm and professional manner. Ensure that all monies are accounted for locked up at the end of my shift. Documented and entered all information into the computer. This job taught me a lot about multitasking and working in a fast paced environment. I worked with a great team.
A fantastic University
Research Assistant (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaApril 28, 2014
A great university with top notch education. Studying at Saint Joseph's and working here was amazing. P
Fun
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2014
I learned a lot working in the lab, and was able to hone in on my scientific comprehension and writing skills.
Fun and Challenging
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: learning while support myself
Cons: salary not as good as some other university
Being a Graduate Teaching Assistant is challenging.

Not only do you have to take good care of your students, but also get
your own course work done well.

I enjoy helping others and make progress together with them. I also love my major which always make me full of passion!
Productive and Interesting place to work for
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Students are friendly and cooperative
Teachers keeps me up to date with lesson plan
Educational Institution with a Corporate Structure
Director of Travel Services (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: 4 weeks vacation, educational advancement, winter break
Cons: short staffed department, salaries are lower than corporate
Wonderful place to work. Educational Advancement opportunities.
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2013
7a-5p work day