Saint Joseph Health System Employee Reviews

good choice for healthcare workers
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 29, 2017
learned a lot during my 11+ years. Was able to gain new skills on a regular basis in order to further enhance my skill set. Gained very essential multitasking skills.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
emotional environent
Faith Based Care is the strong point.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 25, 2017
Faith based care is real, and it is what has kept me there for so long. The culture is changing though. The newer nurses think the nurses station is where they work like it is home base, they run in the room and do a task and run back out to the desk to be with their friends. Nurses are hired to care for patients. Patients are generally in their beds in the rooms. This might be happening at other hospitals too, could be a generational thing. But stronger management would help to keep nurses at the bedside caring for the patients as they are being paid to do.
Pros
Beautiful grounds
Cons
We are not given break time to enjoy the beautiful grounds.
Strong ethics and dedication
Freelance Marketing, Communications (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 3, 2017
This is a great place to work if you have strong moral and work ethics. They do important and life-changing work. Employees are highly educated and passionate about their work.
Pros
Good people
Was the best company ever.
Security Supervisor/Officer (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYJune 30, 2017
Was the best company until Ky one Health took over and made wrong financial decisions that resulted in letting the entire Security Dept in all Kentucky One Health sites being laid off in October of 2016. That's why I'm looking for a job now because I need funds to help pay my bills.
Caring workplace
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 9, 2017
It is a large organization with many different managers some of whom are excellent, and others not so great. I have had three totally awesome managers/supervisors, and three not so great. The organization has implemented "just culture" philosophy. Overall, the organization values their employees and their diversity. It is a faith-based organization which I really appreciate. The cafeteria food was great when I started, but now it is terrible most of the time. The wellness initiatives sound good, but don't actually do anything to promote employee wellness. The building and campus is nice, though they are always short staffing EVS and the kitchen. In general, the organization stays pretty up to date on technology relative to other hospitals. Overall, the organization is a great place to work. I would stay there if I had a better opportunity for advancement. The lack of opportunity is particular to my area of expertise; there are lots of advancement opportunities for those with a clinical background.
Pros
faith-based, some excellent managers
Cons
cafeteria food
It's an enjoyable work environment
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INApril 24, 2017
It's a diverse workplace with many enjoyable people. Even interactions across departments are good. Even while working in the ER the environment isn't stressful.
Awesome
Patient Care Assistant/Oncology (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 9, 2017
This was an awesome job but management started to change and things were not were they used to be. I tried to transfer to another department but that was utterly impossible.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Overload of patients per PCA
Patients are valued
Oncology Research RN/ Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 27, 2016
Grew working here. Management is ok. Coworkers are nice to work with. Generally not bad, but middle management are often under stress to produce results and sometimes don't have all the necessary tools to do so.
Pros
Good relationships with colleagues
Cons
No job security
An excellent hospital to work for
Licensed Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KentuckyJanuary 23, 2014
I loved working for Saint Joseph Hospital. I learned so much there and had fun doing it. Our management team was absolutely stellar, kind and appreciative of the hard work we put in. The culture of Saint Joseph is one of kindness and laughter. I looked forward to work every single day and sometimes would even hang around after work just to spend some more time with my wonderful co-workers. I have no complaints about working here at all.
Pros
stellar management, great people, easy workflow, wonderful doctors and nurses
Cons
I have no complaints
Plant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2012
I love my current position, the job can be very challenging but very rewarding. I am very close friends with everyone I work with, everyone enjoys their job with very few complaints. The work is very fulfilling, I leave everyday proud of what I do and accomplish.
Pros
knowing i am a valued staff member, my coworkers and management.
Cons
career advancement, company merger.