Working under the general supervision of the Vice President of Revenue Cycle Services (RCS), the Ministry Liaison will act as liaison between RCS and their respective assigned Ministries. The Ministry Liaison will develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with leadership at their assigned Ministries through routine and regular communication. The Ministry Liaison will communicate information regarding account follow-up activities and issues to the respective Ministry Business Office leadership, and communicate RCS issues that affect the Ministries back to the Vice President of RCS. The Ministry Liaison will review and analyze the performance of their respective Ministries through various monthly reports; to identify trends, issues or concerns and routinely share this analysis with RCS and the Ministry leadership. The Ministry Liaison will also understand payers and payer issues that affect the account management and denial resolution processes, and communicate such issues to their respective Ministry Business Office leaders. The Ministry Liaison will identify and communicate issues and problems related to denial resolution and bring together the right people and resources to seek resolution.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining excellent service to Ministry Business Office leadership and Chief Financial Officers at the specific Ministries assigned to them. A good working relationship includes an understanding of the specific and any unique services provided at the Ministry and general workflow in the Business Office.
· Maintain good communication with other Ministry Liaisons and RCS staff regarding all opportunities, challenges and issues that may affect the account management or denial resolution processes.
· Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all operational aspects of the MediTech system, including dictionaries, standard reports, payment posting, registration, scheduling and managed care, as well as other computer software pertinent to position, such as GPS Health, ePremis, MedeFinance.
· Schedule and manage routine update meetings with Ministry Business Office leadership. Identify and communicate to the Ministry any identified trends or issues that may negatively impact overall management of accounts and resolution of denials. The Ministry Liaison will bring information, issues, trends and other pertinent information to the Ministry from RCS.
· Schedule and manage routine update meetings with the Senior Operations Manager, Managing Consultant/Supervisors and other pertinent staff at RCS. These meetings will serve to present any staff issues/ trends/resolutions and other pertinent information that needs to flow smoothly between RCS and Ministry Business Office Leadership.
· Provide experiential data from their specific assigned Ministries to the SJHS Contracting Department for yearly payer contract-review process.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Strong managerial and organizational skills
· Experience with negotiations valuable
· Relationships with payers valuable
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· Education: Requires Bachelor Degree, preferably in Health Administration or Finance.
· Experience: Any combination of experience or equivalent background:
- 5 years experience in Patient Accounting operations and processes, technology, billing and overall managed care processes, etc. or equivalent experience as a Customer Service Representative (Customer defined as Hospital) for a service bureau to healthcare organizations focused on third party receivables.
- Requires a thorough understanding of all functions in a typical Business Office setting or Health Plan claims center, directed toward account management and resolution of denials, including understanding of payers and payer issues that affect the account management and denial resolution processes.
- Good knowledge of applicable rules/regulations/guidelines governing Managed Care and Government sponsored coverage and reimbursement.
- Proficiency and experience in using multimedia training resources and MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel, etc.
- 2 years supervisory or management experience, preferably in a health care environment.
· Training: Advanced level technical knowledge of MediTech, ePremis, CUBS, ChartMax and MedeFinance is preferred.
· License/Certification: HFMA certification in Patient Accounting preferred.
· Work is performed in an office environment where there could be exposure to disease and/or infection, blood, body fluids for a limited amount of time.
· Staff is required to follow Ministry infection control policy and procedure.
· Work involves pressure to complete duties with efficiency and accuracy while managing interruptions in the course of the work process.
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico. SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system. St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do. Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
Organization: Revenue Cycle Services
Work Locations: RCS 1100 Town & Country Road, Suite 200 ORANGE 92868
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8 Hour