Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Employee Reviews

Fun & Educational place to work
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 12, 2017
Everyone is very friendly and you learn a lot while on the job! It is quick paced but everyone helps one another. The staff makes you feel like a part of the family.
It was great when I first started
Patient Services Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 5, 2017
I left because the atmosphere of the department was to young. and was not offering any more money, but wanted to add more job descriptions and the management was not understanding why staff was so angry
Great!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 27, 2017
This was my first time exposed to a marketing position and to be the brand ambassador to a major company. St Joseph is a well respected brand int the Brazos Valley area and I enjoyed my time interning with them.
nice and friendly
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 17, 2017
Answer Multi-line phones and direct calls to appropriate staff members
Assisted Nursing staff and Nurse Educator
Staff Scheduling
An Organization that truly cares about people.
Marketing & Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Howell, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Excellent company that lives their mission and core values. Patient care is a key priority, and the organization strives to recognize their employees for going above and beyond the call of duty.
Decent place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 31, 2017
Every unit is different. I would avoud 4 North. Management is horrible! Hours suck too. Other units are great though. Pay is decent, benefits are okay.
Patient Care
Director Construction, Grounds and Automotive (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 15, 2016
Is making sure that clinical staff have a facility that meets the needs for patient and visitor care. SJMHS provides my an employer that allows me to use my talents to there highest degree.
Pros
Cons
Work-Life Balance
Wonderful
Medical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaAugust 10, 2016
Wonderful, I have learned so very much about the union. I completely enjoy the interaction with all of my managers. The office environment is very conducive and we truly are a team. I really like the team building and focus on sacred encounters throughout the Ministry.
Fun and great work Enviornment
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 4, 2016
Working for St.Joseph is a warm and positive work environment. They treat their employees as family. They host yearly events and do fun activities outside the office.
Pros
great atmosphere, great employees and host yearly events
Cons
Short breaks
horrible, horrible, avoid at all cost
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 5, 2016
SJMH is one of the worst jobs i've ever had. there is no job culture. management is unprofessional, extremely rude. the policies are outrageous.. employees are NOT allowed sick days. training is extremely poor. extremely. there's cliques all over the place; be careful when you aren't accepted, because then your coworkers turn into enemies FAST. management doesn't care and to a point seems to encourage this behavior. turnover rate is extremely high. employees are treated extremely poorly; SJMH does not care about its employees AT ALL. makes no effort to improve work conditions. there are bug and rodent issues at the hospital and doctor offices, nobody cares when you complain. there is no work/life balance and SJMH doesn't care at all. some of my coworkers are working 12 hour days, 6 days a week for months now (and they're not in patient care, they're putting in 20 + hours of overtime a week and nobody cares).

if you value yourself as a person, don't work here. don't let greedy companies like SJMH tell you that you're worth less than the minimal that other companies give their employees.
Pros
free parking
Cons
poor management, poor work environment, poor training...
Terrible hospital to work for
ancillary support (Former Employee) –  livoniaMay 28, 2016
department management are bullies - hospital cares more about image than employees or patient care - went to intregrity - 1st question asked was why are you still working here? - that sums up attitude of hospital - no longer working there
Pros
location
Cons
management - company policies
good
Clinical Information Support (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 26, 2016
place where skilled and motivated teams create inspired products that actually make a better world. If that sounds extraordinary to you, then you may have just reached the end of your career search.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no appreciation
Productive and fun very friendly
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 12, 2016
One of the best companies I have ever worked for staff is just amazing and everyone wants to help you in every way they can.
Bad management
Inventory Technician (Current Employee) –  SJ Ann ArborMay 11, 2016
Do not care about the employees, have a "if you don't like it here go some place else" as their company motto. Terrible supervisor/management. Most nurses are lazy . Advancement is on who you know not what you know. Too many HR policies too many threats, cant just leave you be to do your job.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Terible management
Clerical Assistant II (Receptionist) (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 23, 2016
Real good place to work . Great benefits. Friendly staff. Management overall is good to work for . Esp good if you're in Nursing fields.
Pros
flex time, good time off policy
Cons
tardiness policy
Don't do a contingent position here
RPSGT (Former Employee) –  Tawas City, MIMarch 24, 2016
One of the staff that you train with is very difficult to work with, do not take a contingent position here because they will try and work you full time without the benefits. One of the worse places I have ever worked!!!
Pros
Cons
To many to list
It's a superficial work environment and workplace
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 30, 2015
Might be nice looking place from outside. But the core is rotten!! They could care less for their employees. Three thumbs down!! Don't consider working for this employer
Pros
Cons
Bias work environment, no raises, struggles financially, horrible management
A Great group of gals to work with.
Clerical Asst. I/Patient Financial Service (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 15, 2015
Truly loved working there. Moved to Georgia. St. Joe's Mercy Health System was a wonderful place to work. The Team Leaders were awesome, couldn't ask for better leaders.
Very busy but very rewarding place to work
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 29, 2015
I loved my job at the hospital. My position was deleted when the new towers went up. Tho they did search for another position to put me in, none at that time were comparable to the one I was leaving. Therefore I was given a severence package for leaving.
Neat and clean environment
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Ann ArborJuly 21, 2015
Manipulative, backbiting, and not truthful. Management was manipulative. Co-workers were alright to a certain point, not trustworthy. Hardest part of the job was not knowing where you really stood and being given indirect answers. The clicks were formed and made working horrible. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off duty to go home. If Management only took the time to research complaints there would not be such a high turnover. The turnover rate should be investigated because truly there is a problem with management....not the workers all the time. The Hospital would be a great place to work if there were management workshops to teach managers how to manage properly, without letting their position get to their head and manipulate their employees by taking taking measures to get rid of them if they are reported. They tend to make the employee look at fault to save their own job. Something really need to be done because once you enter that department, you can't leave without being fired!!!!!! No room for advancement, just stuck!!!!!
Pros
Spiritual Setting
Cons
Aweful Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Reviews by Location