Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Employee Reviews in United States

horrible, horrible, avoid at all cost
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 5, 2016
SJMH is one of the worst jobs i've ever had. there is no job culture. management is unprofessional, extremely rude. the policies are outrageous.. employees are NOT allowed sick days. training is extremely poor. extremely. there's cliques all over the place; be careful when you aren't accepted, because then your coworkers turn into enemies FAST. management doesn't care and to a point seems to encourage this behavior. turnover rate is extremely high. employees are treated extremely poorly; SJMH does not care about its employees AT ALL. makes no effort to improve work conditions. there are bug and rodent issues at the hospital and doctor offices, nobody cares when you complain. there is no work/life balance and SJMH doesn't care at all. some of my coworkers are working 12 hour days, 6 days a week for months now (and they're not in patient care, they're putting in 20 + hours of overtime a week and nobody cares).

if you value yourself as a person, don't work here. don't let greedy companies like SJMH tell you that you're worth less than the minimal that other companies give their employees.
Pros
free parking
Cons
poor management, poor work environment, poor training...
Terrible hospital to work for
ancillary support (Former Employee) –  livoniaMay 28, 2016
department management are bullies - hospital cares more about image than employees or patient care - went to intregrity - 1st question asked was why are you still working here? - that sums up attitude of hospital - no longer working there
Pros
location
Cons
management - company policies
Productive and fun very friendly
Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 12, 2016
One of the best companies I have ever worked for staff is just amazing and everyone wants to help you in every way they can.
Bad management
Inventory Technician (Current Employee) –  SJ Ann ArborMay 11, 2016
Do not care about the employees, have a "if you don't like it here go some place else" as their company motto. Terrible supervisor/management. Most nurses are lazy . Advancement is on who you know not what you know. Too many HR policies too many threats, cant just leave you be to do your job.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Terible management
Clerical Assistant II (Receptionist) (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 23, 2016
Real good place to work . Great benefits. Friendly staff. Management overall is good to work for . Esp good if you're in Nursing fields.
Pros
flex time, good time off policy
Cons
tardiness policy
Don't do a contingent position here
RPSGT (Former Employee) –  Tawas City, MIMarch 24, 2016
One of the staff that you train with is very difficult to work with, do not take a contingent position here because they will try and work you full time without the benefits. One of the worse places I have ever worked!!!
Pros
Cons
To many to list
It's a superficial work environment and workplace
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 30, 2015
Might be nice looking place from outside. But the core is rotten!! They could care less for their employees. Three thumbs down!! Don't consider working for this employer
Pros
Cons
Bias work environment, no raises, struggles financially, horrible management
A Great group of gals to work with.
Clerical Asst. I/Patient Financial Service (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 15, 2015
Truly loved working there. Moved to Georgia. St. Joe's Mercy Health System was a wonderful place to work. The Team Leaders were awesome, couldn't ask for better leaders.
Very busy but very rewarding place to work
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 29, 2015
I loved my job at the hospital. My position was deleted when the new towers went up. Tho they did search for another position to put me in, none at that time were comparable to the one I was leaving. Therefore I was given a severence package for leaving.
Neat and clean environment
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Ann ArborJuly 21, 2015
Manipulative, backbiting, and not truthful. Management was manipulative. Co-workers were alright to a certain point, not trustworthy. Hardest part of the job was not knowing where you really stood and being given indirect answers. The clicks were formed and made working horrible. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off duty to go home. If Management only took the time to research complaints there would not be such a high turnover. The turnover rate should be investigated because truly there is a problem with management....not the workers all the time. The Hospital would be a great place to work if there were management workshops to teach managers how to manage properly, without letting their position get to their head and manipulate their employees by taking taking measures to get rid of them if they are reported. They tend to make the employee look at fault to save their own job. Something really need to be done because once you enter that department, you can't leave without being fired!!!!!! No room for advancement, just stuck!!!!!
Pros
Spiritual Setting
Cons
Aweful Management
Good Company
HR Advisor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 30, 2015
St. Joseph's is a great company to work for. My only issue with working here is lack of support. As an employee we aren't appreciated or supported with the work we do. Which causes employee want to look for a better opportunity or don't want to come into work with a positive mind set. Ive been employed here for 2yrs and I've learned a lot about Healthcare Unions, HR systems as in PeopleSoft, Workday, Taleo and Cherwell.
Layed back atmosphere
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 5, 2015
This was a great place to work, everyone was friendly and easy to get along with. Parking was never a problem and the environment of the complex was very relaxed and welcoming. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was contributing to patient care.
Pros
Ample parking, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
There wasn't any cons.
Great pay at a price
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MiMay 12, 2015
The culture here is very small town. There is a lot of gossip and management will condemn you if someone "feels" like you don't like them. There are a lot of feelings addressed and not actual issues. Safety is preached buy seldom practiced. Different disciplines do not respect each other and there is a lot of fighting between departments as well as doctors. The hospital has just been sold, maybe it will change.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Gossip, infighting
Patient Care
Ob/Gyn (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIApril 27, 2015
One on one contact with Patients. enjoy helping the public. Hardest part is seeing the sick not get better. Miss the patient contact.
Pros
self gratifiyling
Cons
not working
Productive work place
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeport, CAApril 6, 2015
Vital and document using Citrix/ Aria system, collecting blood and urine specimens for testing, hand writing lab requisitions and centrifuging specimens for send out lab tests, running CBC specimens in house, assisting Nurse Practitioner and doctor with minor in house procedures.
My coworkers are mostly front desk so they are unable to do my job which can make it difficult when I am busy and by myself. Also there is no manager to direct tough situations or ask questions when needing an answer right away.
The most enjoyable part of my job is drawing blood and sending out specimens.
Pros
great doctor to work for
Cons
Health care insurance is religiously biased
Good place, horrible people
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Tawas, MIApril 1, 2015
Very unfriendly and unapproachable staff. Not a healthcare facility I would every voluntarily go to.
The enjoyed the work in general but not the people I was working with.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare
lot of hard work
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 11, 2015
there was no team it was each person for them self having the job as you went along did not have anyone to show you what to do the job was not the same each day
Pros
great benfits
Cons
long hard work
Stable Place to Work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 11, 2015
St. Joseph Mercy Health System is a great place to work. It is challenging but with the challenges comes great team work to help you through! I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a job!
Did my internship in the records department.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tawas City, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Really enjoyable but there weren't any job openings at that time.
Nice company
Outpatient Unbilled Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIDecember 10, 2014
Good health system to work for. Did not code while at this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.