Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and very organized
Claims processing Rep. (Current Employee) –  Ann ArborOctober 8, 2015
Process claims, I call the insurance companies to status claims, balance pt's acct's, update patients acct's with updated insurance information, rebill patients acct's due to dx updated. Answer Insurance calls.
I enjoy my coworkers we all get along very well, we help each other out whenever we get stuck on how to bill something, we share new information with eachother.
My hardest part of my job is leaving work with work still waiting to be done, I try my best to leave work with every thing clear and clean for the next day, but sometimes that doesn't happen due to forces out of my control.
The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my family I have grown to know here at work, and also the enjoyment comes from knowing I am doing my best to make a difference, which would be in getting claims paid for my patients..
Pros
free coffee
Cons
to much work, not enough workers
On the phone all day with insurance co
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 30, 2015
I loved working here but once I had my baby, I stayed home with him. I loved the people I worked with and dealing with the insurance companies.
Pros
Learned alot about billing
Cons
There werent any
great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ann arborSeptember 25, 2015
great staff, friendly environment. wish we had better tuition reimbursement. beautiful building and grounds. management is so so.
Cons
Next to no retirement benefits. $1200/yr for tuition reimbursement.
PATHOLOGY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 18, 2015
This was a great place to work for...The group of people were fun and worked awesome as a team not just an individual. Miss working for this company.
Pros
everything
Cons
NA
This hospital foster and promotes healing physically, mentally and spiritually, and they provide the services to do so.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 29, 2015
This company is a great place to work, for those seeking advancement in their medical career. A typical workday is like none other, their is a constant environment of learning that takes place daily. The co workers become like family, and you grow to love those with whom you work with.
Healthcare Business Professional
Radiology Imaging Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann ArborJune 28, 2015
The management loved my work ethic, and my skills. There is never a typical day in the position I held. Once you walk through the door your day started. This position is a Above high stress level position, so you have to be quick on your feet, and no medical software. This position is healthcare at all levels, clerical, administration, business, business law, nursing, medical coding, IT professional, and social skills. I respected all of them, and management. I loved this job because. I became great at it,and I learn so much.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
short staffed
Great Benefits
assist nurses in ordering procedures (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor MichiganFebruary 9, 2015
If you are looking for benefits and not so much a higher salary this is the place to work. Great patients and great co-workers.
over all good
RN (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 12, 2015
I think SJMHS overall is a great company to work for. I work twelve hour nights in the MICU. My coworkers are amazing; the support we have and the flow when we work together under unusual or acute situations is like "a well oiled machine". I have gained many skills and used evidence based practice in my care of my patients. The hardest part of the job is the level of sickness that our patients have. You have to be a strong person with strong convictions. Losing a patient is something that happens often and something that I have learned to be the strength for the family at those difficult times. The best part of the job is when I actually make a difference in the life of my patient or their family.
Pros
great co-workers, experience, training
Cons
no real breaks, midnight shift is tough
Very busy hospital with a lot of compassionate staff
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 27, 2014
I worked in the Oncology and Hospice and that can be a very sad stressful place. The staff was great at helping one another and the patients to deal with their diagnosis. It was hard to lose patients on a daily basis. Management was supportive and as flexible as can be expected in a hospital setting.
Pros
the hospital benefits were great
Cons
very stressful and short staffed
Productive Work Environment
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 8, 2014
There is no typical day at work in the Pharmacy Department! Every day is a different adventure.

The most enjoyable part of my night at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital Inpatient Pharmacy was knowing that I was providing excellent patient care by providing them with the medications necessary in their recovery process.
Very professional atmosphere focused on patient care.
Radiographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 20, 2014
I enjoy being an employee here. It really is a great company to work for. The only reason I am looking to leave is because there are no part time/full time positions at this time so I'm looking to relocate out of state for a better job opportunity.
Wonderfull experience that I wouldn't change.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIDecember 30, 2013
I enjoyed my time there but twenty years working in a locked psych unit was past the norm and I wanted other types of challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. The hardest part was leaving so many people that I'd known for years.
Fun Place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 27, 2013
Great staff that provided excellent patient care! Staff treated each other with respect and took pride in their work which carried over to their patient care.
Rewarding
Patient Care Tech - Neuro/Uro/Spine (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 5, 2013
I loved that we were always needed, everyday was different, and I learned something new everyday.
Pros
can work as little, or as much as you want
Cons
hard to get overtime
Go place to work and be fit
Patient Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 4, 2013
Taking care of post operated persons and getting them back to walk
Total care of a person does not just stop with medicine but a kind heart and hands
Wonderful people to work with
When taking care of a dying person
The most enjoyable part is you take care of some wonderful people along the way .
Pros
good pay good vacations and a lot of wellness programs
Cons
you get to work other floors if they are short staffed
I enjoy working with other
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 20, 2013
I always on time. I love working every day. i have learned how to treat patients. how to cook foods.
non union and family liked hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 17, 2013
I worked mixed hours and learn Ortho. total joints for both of circulating and scrubbing skills. Under the good management, we worked as a supportive team. Doctors and nurses worked together as a family. Patient care is our enjoyable part of our daily job.
Fun Work place, but we get our work done.
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 27, 2013
Management at my work is awesome, Our supervisor knows what they are doing and is a very understandable and understood woman. A day at work varies. Some days are non-stop running around and other are like "hmm what can i go do?" But majority of our days here are very busy, i work night shift and per tech we have 17 patients a piece, and no they do not all sleep at night. =) But overall i love this job and what i do, i just hope to find one as good as this in california.
Pros
staff are great.
Cons
short breaks, if one at all.
productive
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 24, 2013
great team work, time management is essential in workig with patient care, the most enjoyable part of my job is to see the patient recover progress

4.4