Saint Leo University

Saint Leo University United States Employee Reviews

SENSE OF COMMUNITY, AND SERVICE. BUILDS INTEGRITY, RESPECT, AND EXCELLENCE
staff writer, The Lion's Pride Newspaper (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free meals, 3 time a day
EXCELLENT WORKING ENVIRONMENT. SUPPORTIVE STAFF, GOOD IN-HOUSE TRAINING, TEAMWORK, HARDWORKING SPIRIT, GOOD ENVIRONMENT FOR LEARNING THROUGH PRACTICE.

SUPPORTIVE ADMINISTRATION, WITH SOUND SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS GROWTH AMONG STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Leo, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great community
Cons: most work is done on your own time
I Love my job here. The community is amazing and we work as a team very well. Free housing is always a plus, and we get a stipend on top of it.
Great customer services
VA Advisor Rep (Work-Study) (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch, net-working
Cons: partime
Great University to work for with a very freeindly and professional enviroment to work in.I have gain invaluable experience working with the VA systems for military Vets entering back school for higer education.
Great School
Student (Former Employee), OnlimDecember 23, 2014
This school was a great experience and everything about it was positive
Very great place to work and great coworkers
Men's Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee), Saint Leo, FLOctober 21, 2014
I interacted with many different departments throughout Saint Leo University. Everyone was always helpful and polite. Saint Leo University had great communication between departments which allowed much of the work to go smoothly.
Productive and Progressive
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLOctober 9, 2014
Everyday would be different because everyday we would meet a new prospective student. We should show them the entire campus of Saint Leo University along with it's history.
relaxed job
Temp Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Dade City, FLSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: easy going, laid back, inexpensive lunch
Cons: low pay
This company is easy to work for. They never ask you to stay overtime. I was able to go in and get my work done for the day, leave it at work and go home without worrying about work. On the flip side, it did get a little boring on some days.
Great Place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLAugust 19, 2014
Saint Leo is a great place to work. I have met some of the best people there. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. It's like a little community.
Beware
Staff (Former Employee), GainesvilleJuly 15, 2014
Pros: there once was a good staff
Cons: management does not listen or appreciate employees
Environment is okay as long as you are making them money. If there are not enough bodies coming in then bye bye. They have no loyalty if numbers don't meet their requirements.
Productive environment
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great for data analyst
Cons: short term employment
Gathering and comparing data was typical.
Management was instrumental in learning.
Co-workers were supportive.
great
Admission Office Work Study Student (Former Employee), saint leo flJuly 1, 2014
Family oriented fun and helpful i enjoyed the ability to help incoming students through the application process
Great school, management not so great
Assistant Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJune 7, 2014
Pros: beneftis, summer work hours
Cons: center management, changing expectations
Saint Leo University gave me the opportunity to interact with current and future students like I experience while attending . However, the team spirit that I felt at the Center in was attached to while I attended Saint Leo, was absent from the Center that I was employed at. A typical day at work consisted of advising new and potential students to assist in completion of students goals and the retention goal of the University's strategic plan or planning/executing marketing activities. The job description of the Advisor includes marketing, meaning that 30% of the Advisor's time must be devoted to marketing. This was very stressful due to the Center Director's changing direction midstream. Expectations changed often as priorities from above changed.
My students were the most enjoyable part of the job. To spend time with them, hear their stories and struggles, to help them accomplish their goals and bring them another step closer to new opportunities, is very rewarding and increased the desire to return to work every morning.
Benefits are good, especially the tuition reimbursement benefit. Attending graduate school was a dream of mine. This benefit allows employees to take classes without the cost. However, the hostile work environment and the commute caused me to resign my position.
I would advise checking things out really well before accepting a position at a distance learning center. The work atmosphere at all centers is not the same. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to attend classes through the center I did but it was another story in the center I worked at.
Fantastic chance to work with diverse populations
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLMay 7, 2014
Wonderful work environment
Great opportunity to become involved with the campus community
Easy-Going and Flexible
Intramural Sports Official (Current Employee), Saint Leo, FLApril 18, 2014
It's not a bad place to work. Flexible with school and your personal schedule.
Productive and highly rewarding position
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Palatka, FLApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work could include advising students on education possibilities and potential work options. I learn something every day from my students. You would be amazed at how much you can learn from the people that come to you for advising. Participate in marketing events, do monthly reports, hiring and firing adjuncts (firing is the worst part)
A fun place to work with very friendly staff!!!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 27, 2014
The most satisfying job experience I have ever had!!!!!!!!!

I have had the pleasure of teaching at both the Chesapeake, VA campus as well as the Newport News, VA campus. Both provide a superb working and learning environment.
Cultured and Community Based Institution
Compensation Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Leo, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, competitive compensation rates, flexibility (depending on department)
Cons: main campus far from city life
This private institution of higher learning boasts a consistent experience from the student body to employee environment. The organization follows the Catholic Benedictine tradition that encompasses core values such as integrity, personal development, responsible stewardship, community, excellence, and respect. Most of work environments demonstrate these values wherein the employees are like family. In addition to the professional and personal bonds created in the office, Saint Leo also has a number of center locations that allow employees traveling or even relocation opportunities.
nothing
admissions (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 28, 2014
its ok nothing to complain about I liked it great staff and freindly
I was a student here
Student (Former Employee), Ingleside, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Great School, great educators and great accommodations. I am not sure why indeed is having me add this to work experience because I went to school here. This school prepared me for life. I learned a lot and the classes were organized very well.
Productive work place
Financial Aid Liaison (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2013
Provide students with accurate information regarding the application process, loan counseling and their eligibility for State/Federal financial assistance, alternative financing, contracts and/or institutional payment plans.
Informed students of their balance of their financial aid and when to expect the disbursement of their funds to their account.

1 2 3