Saint Leo University

Saint Leo University Employer Reviews

Beware
Staff (Former Employee), GainesvilleJuly 15, 2014
Pros: there once was a good staff
Cons: management does not listen or appreciate employees
Environment is okay as long as you are making them money. If there are not enough bodies coming in then bye bye. They have no loyalty if numbers don't meet their requirements.
Productive environment
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great for data analyst
Cons: short term employment
Gathering and comparing data was typical.
Management was instrumental in learning.
Co-workers were supportive.
great
Admission Office Work Study Student (Former Employee), saint leo flJuly 1, 2014
Family oriented fun and helpful i enjoyed the ability to help incoming students through the application process
Great school, management not so great
Assistant Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJune 7, 2014
Pros: beneftis, summer work hours
Cons: center management, changing expectations
Saint Leo University gave me the opportunity to interact with current and future students like I experience while attending . However, the team spirit that I felt at the Center in was attached to while I attended Saint Leo, was absent from the Center that I was employed at. A typical day at work consisted of advising new and potential students to assist – more... in completion of students goals and the retention goal of the University's strategic plan or planning/executing marketing activities. The job description of the Advisor includes marketing, meaning that 30% of the Advisor's time must be devoted to marketing. This was very stressful due to the Center Director's changing direction midstream. Expectations changed often as priorities from above changed.
My students were the most enjoyable part of the job. To spend time with them, hear their stories and struggles, to help them accomplish their goals and bring them another step closer to new opportunities, is very rewarding and increased the desire to return to work every morning.
Benefits are good, especially the tuition reimbursement benefit. Attending graduate school was a dream of mine. This benefit allows employees to take classes without the cost. However, the hostile work environment and the commute caused me to resign my position.
I would advise checking things out really well before accepting a position at a distance learning center. The work atmosphere at all centers is not the same. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to attend classes through the center I did but it was another story in the center I worked at. – less
Fantastic chance to work with diverse populations
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLMay 7, 2014
Wonderful work environment
Great opportunity to become involved with the campus community
Easy-Going and Flexible
Intramural Sports Official (Current Employee), Saint Leo, FLApril 18, 2014
It's not a bad place to work. Flexible with school and your personal schedule.
Productive and highly rewarding position
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Palatka, FLApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work could include advising students on education possibilities and potential work options. I learn something every day from my students. You would be amazed at how much you can learn from the people that come to you for advising. Participate in marketing events, do monthly reports, hiring and firing adjuncts (firing is the worst part)
A fun place to work with very friendly staff!!!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 27, 2014
The most satisfying job experience I have ever had!!!!!!!!!

I have had the pleasure of teaching at both the Chesapeake, VA campus as well as the Newport News, VA campus. Both provide a superb working and learning environment.
Cultured and Community Based Institution
Compensation Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Leo, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, competitive compensation rates, flexibility (depending on department)
Cons: main campus far from city life
This private institution of higher learning boasts a consistent experience from the student body to employee environment. The organization follows the Catholic Benedictine tradition that encompasses core values such as integrity, personal development, responsible stewardship, community, excellence, and respect. Most of work environments demonstrate – more... these values wherein the employees are like family. In addition to the professional and personal bonds created in the office, Saint Leo also has a number of center locations that allow employees traveling or even relocation opportunities. – less
nothing
admissions (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 28, 2014
its ok nothing to complain about I liked it great staff and freindly
I was a student here
Student (Former Employee), Ingleside, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Great School, great educators and great accommodations. I am not sure why indeed is having me add this to work experience because I went to school here. This school prepared me for life. I learned a lot and the classes were organized very well.
Productive work place
Financial Aid Liaison (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2013
Provide students with accurate information regarding the application process, loan counseling and their eligibility for State/Federal financial assistance, alternative financing, contracts and/or institutional payment plans.
Informed students of their balance of their financial aid and when to expect the disbursement of their funds to their account.
Great work environment
Learning Resource Center Office Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Leo, FLDecember 18, 2013
I have learned how to become more dependable and reliable. My boss is one of the best bosses I have ever had. That is one of the biggest reasons in why I enjoy my job.
Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: balance between classes and work
Data Entry
Enjoyable
Best co workers
Team Work
I have learned the importance of customer service
Veteran Affairs Assistant/CIS Student Associate (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 15, 2013
Pros: cohesiveness
A great work environment. Everyone was friendly and professional. It felt like a work family
Saint Leo Universtiy was a great place to work, I learned a lot.
Nurse's Office Aide (Former Employee), Nurses officeNovember 12, 2013
Saint Leo University employed me and then made sure that I worked to the best of my ability. I was challenged and taught office work throughout my four years working here that I can now take to a new job and use my skills that I was trained in.
A very young, energetic, creative place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLOctober 2, 2013
I had a blast as both a Resident Assistant and in my apprenticeship with the Intramural department. As an R.A., I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect from getting to know and help freshman in my hall to organizing programs for my residents. The pay and compensation was awesome but you do have an image to maintain and it is not for anyone trying to advance – more... their social status. My apprenticeship was purely a learning experience and I had an awesome time learning how to schedule sports leagues, teams, and matches as well as operate a staff. – less
Overall a good place to work
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2013
Make calls to eligible students. Develop a professional relationship with student. Enroll student to take classes online.
Friendly environment with your future in mind
Student assistant- Marketing (Former Employee), Saint Leo, FLSeptember 13, 2013
This company help provide me with necessary life as well as business tools that have been a large influence in where I am today.
Enrollment
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: values
Cons: short lunch 30 min
Overall Great job from 9-6 pm Telephone work all day - Calls to potential students.