Saint Leo University Employee Reviews

good starting job
Undergraduate Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 15, 2017
Very monotonous. sales calls all day. quality was not as important as quantity. law of averages was more important. All in all it starts off at a good rate of pay.
Saint Leo University
Assistant Director of Admission (Former Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLOctober 1, 2017
As a recruiter for Saint Leo University it was expected at that time to be in the office from 8 AM - 6 or 7 PM. We were responsible for calling our students every week to check on their application process and to get to know them better. I worked with transfer students and found that this was excessive for my cohort, however, I did contact them regularly, but not weekly.

Responsible for attending events at community colleges and to meet with transfer counselors from the two year college.

Responsible for reviewing applications for admission, meeting with families on campus, hosting transfer days at the community colleges, and attend college fairs throughout Florida.
Pros
Benefits, travel
Saint Leo University
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2017
Saint Leo university in Las Vegas Nevada is a balanced but very slow paced place to work as I am in a call center where things can be very mundane, repetitive and slow.
Pros
work enviornment
Cons
slow paced
Workplace Culture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Undeniably, my favorite part of the job is the people I work with. Saint Leo cultivates a wonderful culture of community and support. I feel supported, needed and appreciated. I am encouraged to try new things and my ideas are well-received and valued. I LOVE my Saint Leo School and the departments that fall within our School.
Pros
discounted meals provided on site, great sense of community, wonderful colleagues, culture of support and encouragement, beautiful campus, great health benefits, wonderful matching retirement program
Cons
lack of job advancement in my particular position, low salary for my qualifications
Fun and Enjoyable
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2017
Saint Leo University is a good place to teach. Like with most institutions, some students appreciate quality teaching, and others do not. Saint Leo University is a good institution to work at in the Atlanta Metro Areas.
Pros
Good pay for adjuncts.
Cons
Lacks Full-time faculty
Good place to work.
Career Planning Student Involvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLAugust 30, 2017
I worked in the Career Services department. It was a friendly enough environment but it was very relaxed and not fast paced enough for me. I would have liked more student interaction.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Not exciting
Beautiful campus
Adjunct Art Professor (Former Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLAugust 16, 2017
St. Leo University offers a fine curriculum for students who wish to go to school in a beautiful rural setting. The faculty and staff were a pleasure to work with.
Great Institution
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
Great institutions, however, there were not enough classes to go around. However, the classrooms and technology were state of the art. The school worked with military and veteran's schedule.
Pros
University experience
Cons
Pay, classes, and extra work.
low quality of students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLAugust 9, 2017
I wanted to be a professor, but the low, low quality of the students' work was extremely discouraging; I spent most of my time correcting horrific grammar and rooting out plagiarism, which was all too frequent
Productive workplace
Adjunct Professor of Business (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
Excellent work environment with possibility to grow. I love sharing my knowledge and impacting individuals' lives in a positive way. Connecting with students is a great experience everyday.
Pros
Sharing knowledge
Cons
Dealing with students who are not focused
N/a
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLAugust 2, 2017
It is a good place to work and has some of the best benefits. I would recommend to anyone to apply for a position. I love the culture and people that work there.
Challenging work environment but great opportunity to learn.
Graduate Assistant - Athletic External Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLJuly 27, 2017
Although there was much turnover and change of leadership styles, Saint Leo Athletics gave me a great opportunity to learn about the professional work environment and afforded me the chance to pursue, develop, and execute my own ideas.
Pros
Great learning experience and free masters programs
Cons
Work-life balance
One of the Best College Jobs Available
Orientation Leader/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLJuly 24, 2017
Being an Orientation Leader was one of the best choices I made while in college. Having the opportunity to work with my fellow students and to help incoming freshmen transition into college was fantastic. The management was always engaging with the staff. The days could be fairly long but activities, aid, and snacks were always available.
Office of Military Affairs and Services
Non-Federal Work Study Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLJuly 19, 2017
A typical day would be answering phones and email. We would assist veterans with their issues. We find resources for veterans I would work mostly independently with minimal supervision. The work place is run like the military. The most difficult part is finding answers to issues that I am not familiar with.
Pros
Helping Veterans
Cons
pay, limited hours
Average place to work
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLJuly 13, 2017
get at work in the morning and leave four hours later because i have a part time. people are nice and respectul.

The pay is okay, it could be better.

I do not see any hard part of my job and the good part of it is the contact with students.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
Low salary
Good
Orientation Leader; SLU 101 Mentor (Former Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLJuly 12, 2017
•Provide support for incoming students, developed and taught various life lessons, communication skills, and multitasking
Teamwork, communication, flexible, mentor, role model
HR Generalist / Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLJune 28, 2017
The campus is absolutely beautiful!

A typical day depends on the department in which you work. Some areas are fun and exciting, particularly those that are student facing. Others are stressful, but tolerable.

SLU has an excellent compensation package. A wonderful work-life balance.

The most enjoyable part of was the environment and the people that I worked with.

The greatest obstacle or issue is the leadership. It could be more diverse and representative of the student body.
Pros
benefits and work life balance
Cons
senior leadership
I like Saint Leo.
Part-Time English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
Like most colleges, Saint Leo doesn't pay part time faculty as their degrees should require, but the people are great. I like the work and the people, but I think the pay is too low.
Great Benefits.
Systems Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 14, 2017
Great benefits and slow paced environment. Like anywhere politics and lack of knowledgeable management put a damper on the organization.

There's change going on to resolve this, but the blame culture and non direction take its toll.
A great engaging place to work
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Ground and Online Modality) (Current Employee) –  Saint Leo, FLJune 14, 2017
A great engaging place to work, as the online environment is ever changing to better enhance the student learning experience with the D2L Learning Management system