Saint Louis Bread Company Employee Reviews in United States

Great job/ great product/ great atmosphere
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOAugust 2, 2016
I love the band and the incentives. I learned allot with this company whom believes in cross training employees and fair opportunity and equality.
Pros
Food!
Cons
To much yummy food! Seriously.
Enjoyable workplace
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  147 Westport PlazaNovember 18, 2015
I worked with Panera Bread Company for five years.
It was a great job and had wonderful intentions as far as customer satisfaction.
Unfortunately, it wasn't a career for me.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Benefits could definitely improve
Productive envirment
Hourly Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at Saint Louis Bread Company is never the same. Some days are really slow and some are really busy. I've learned to become a better person and expand my skills to better help others. The management could better better and the communication is very poor, same for co-workers. I just feel like there is no room for advancement.
Pros
healthcare, discount lunches, benefits
Cons
hours, pay, communication
team member
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 29, 2015
great place to work
great co workers
busy
be ready to do work
nice started job
no real growth unless you just want to be a manager
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no real growth
fast pist
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2013
A typical day at Saint Louis Bread was a good day I love working with customer making drinks smoothies hot chocolate etc, walk around the restaurant to make sure the restaurant is clean, and the condiments is stock and ask the customer is everything ok.

I love working wit my co- workers me and my co worker are really good foods.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and customers and making drinks

The hardest part about the job was not enough hours to work
Pros
the food was really good
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours, no free lunches
Love Bread Co!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Frontenac, MOFebruary 17, 2013
I would go into work and be greeted by my whole working team. I learn something new everyday. I love going into work and being able to provide great service to customers. My co workers are amazing all of them have important spot in my life. The hardest part of the job is trying to be positive when the customers is being rude or mean. I enjoy going into work and being able to make people happy around me. I am very social person and i like to make new friends so i love being able to work around people.
Pros
discount for food
Fantastic job for the money if you can handle the crazy hours
Assistant Manager and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJune 29, 2014
A typical day involved anything and everything, from customer interaction to inventory management to cashiering to cleaning. There wasn't really anything that wasn't your job, even for management. The work day always went by fast because it was always so busy. You could make lifelong friends not only with your co-workers but with the genuine customers who came to visit everyday.

The hardest part is the hours. Nights and weekends can really cut into your personal time but management does the best they can to really allow everything time for their own lives.

The most enjoyable part is having a great successful shift, no mistakes on orders and happy customers!
Pros
good work/life balance, fast-paced, never boring
Cons
poor benefits, difficult to advance to the corporate level
Fast pace, restaraunt
ASSOCIATE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MODecember 27, 2012
Serving and preparing food, taking orders, cleaning tables, etc.
Management changed quite frequently and I learned to adjust quickly and easily to that. I became good friends with my coworkers and talked to them on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with orders, and dealing with complaints.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced enviroment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2012
Typical day started at 5am and ended at 2pm or the close of bussiness depending on what events where going on. Learned speed with accuracy of orders. My co-workers where team players.
Pros
skills i gained from working there
Cons
not being reconized for all your time and hardwork
Fast Paced, Low Pay, Demanding
cashier (Former Employee) –  MOJuly 6, 2015
There is no doubt that you will make friends. Its a great place to work for a first job, but unless you change position that requires more work (baker, manager, truck) there's a small chance you will earn a raise. Hours are easy to come by, at my store at least, as there are always individuals eager to give their shift away.
The biggest downfall of this job is the pace you are expected to work at. The managers were always nice, but they would sit in the office during most rushes and then wonder why the drive-thru times were slow. You will work by yourself with a high volume of people and be expected to maintain business flow without any flaws in workflow or complaints by the customers. Multi-tasking is a MUST constantly (working barista, cash register, order taking...is a normal routine for after 2pm when the morning crew leaves and you are there alone.)
Lunch breaks are 30 minutes, no pay, and you get a small discount on food. It's a normal fast food service job, and the public naturally will treat you as such. This job was most enjoyable when everyone was there and management was on site, resulting in everyone being able to maintain their own workstations.
Pros
Regular customers who come in that are delightful.
Cons
Benefits, Breaks, Low pay even with years of hard work
Great values and culture.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
This was the best "fast food" (if you can call it that) job Ive had. Managers were great, food was great and the customers too

Saint Louis Bread Company Reviews by Location