Saint Louis Science Center

Saint Louis Science Center Employee Reviews

Unique work place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), St. LouisJanuary 30, 2015
The SLSC is part of the Zoo Museum District which was a great networking opportunity in St. Louis. Being able to work with the public sharpened my customer service skills and the ability to think on my feet.
Great Environment
Administrative Assistant/Educator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2013
the Saint Louis Science Center has a great work environment with awesome people.
wolf in sheep clothing, Decent people, Poor management
guest services (Former Employee), St. LouisJune 6, 2013
Pros: a few decent employees
Cons: health insurancee too high, food too high, poor management, no room for advancement
Wolf in sheep clothing because it create a false sense of family, but its plagued with downsizing, backstabbing, and horrible management. Willing to get rid of good people to make a fast buck that come back to bite them in the end.
Decent people, face pace environment, always something new happening. Worked years full time hours but only part time employee. This happened a lot to part time employees working over 32 hours. Lots of favortism and nepotism, management over the years gotten worse with poor judgement and not defending their department. No room for advancement within the department or company.
Unprofessional stagnant environment with too many chiefs not enough indians. Poor upper management ran the company into the ground dirty laundry revealed in newspaper
Good People just POOR Management
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: easy schedule, great boss
Cons: raises were very little
Behind the scenes IT guy. Help co-workers with IT questions or problems. Easy job, just time to leave after company was in the paper for UPPER MANAGEMENT issues.
Guest services volunteer
Guest Services (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: great networking opportunites
I enjoyed working for the St Louis Science Center simply because everyday was different! It was unpredictable what was to expect the following work day. Everyday was constantly changing with events, school field trips, science fairs, and new exhibitions nearly every other day. Co-workers as well as management was very pesonal and friendly, which made the work load of visiting guest easier to handle and assist. What I miss most about working with such an organization was being able to constantly help people rather it was a simple question being asked, or reaching out to meet someone new! I truly enjoyed working in such innovating workplace.
Productive and fun place to work.
Reservationists (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2012
Pros: discounts, sick, vacation, and personal time
Cons: healthcare, dental
A typical day at work- As a reservationists I typically answer 80-90 calls per day inputting customer personal information, reserving tickets for there visit, processing payments and submitting payment notifications.In addtion to this I manage customer inquries both via- phone and e-mail correspondence. My job also entail clerical duties verifying and processing lockbox check into system.

What you learned?- I have learned Vista 6.0 and Microsoft applications.

Management and co- workers- The management team is easy to work with as well as co-workers within my department.

The hardest part of the job?
There is nothing in this position that I have found overly hard.

The most enjoyable pary of the job? I enjoy taking on projects, providing suggestion,and helping other departments.