Saint Louis Science Center Employee Reviews in United States

I've enjoyed working for the Science Center learning all the customer related activities and how to be a productive worker.
Visitor Services Agent/Visitor Services Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2015
My general day at the Science Center is greeting customer on the floor or greeting them on the phones. I've learned over the years how to inactive with the customer and their children. I've had a great opportunity to better myself over the years, and became a lead supervisor. The hardest part was to watch when we had cut backs, but I have enjoyed working at the Science Center. I've encounter much experience with handling cash, talking with customer, phone experience, and putting in lockbox checks, and making reservation.
Pros
Learning my jobs in's and out's.
Cons
Healthcare, More hours
Cool place to work at
Visitor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2015
Working here was extremely fun and actually educational. Learning about all the scientific exhibits was just as beneficial to me as it was the visitors.
Guest services volunteer
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2013
I enjoyed working for the St Louis Science Center simply because everyday was different! It was unpredictable what was to expect the following work day. Everyday was constantly changing with events, school field trips, science fairs, and new exhibitions nearly every other day. Co-workers as well as management was very pesonal and friendly, which made the work load of visiting guest easier to handle and assist. What I miss most about working with such an organization was being able to constantly help people rather it was a simple question being asked, or reaching out to meet someone new! I truly enjoyed working in such innovating workplace.
Pros
great networking opportunites
Productive and fun place to work.
Reservationists (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2012
A typical day at work- As a reservationists I typically answer 80-90 calls per day inputting customer personal information, reserving tickets for there visit, processing payments and submitting payment notifications.In addtion to this I manage customer inquries both via- phone and e-mail correspondence. My job also entail clerical duties verifying and processing lockbox check into system.

What you learned?- I have learned Vista 6.0 and Microsoft applications.

Management and co- workers- The management team is easy to work with as well as co-workers within my department.

The hardest part of the job?
There is nothing in this position that I have found overly hard.

The most enjoyable pary of the job? I enjoy taking on projects, providing suggestion,and helping other departments.
Pros
discounts, sick, vacation, and personal time
Cons
healthcare, dental
wolf in sheep clothing, Decent people, Poor management
guest services (Former Employee) –  St. LouisJune 6, 2013
Wolf in sheep clothing because it create a false sense of family, but its plagued with downsizing, backstabbing, and horrible management. Willing to get rid of good people to make a fast buck that come back to bite them in the end.
Decent people, face pace environment, always something new happening. Worked years full time hours but only part time employee. This happened a lot to part time employees working over 32 hours. Lots of favortism and nepotism, management over the years gotten worse with poor judgement and not defending their department. No room for advancement within the department or company.
Unprofessional stagnant environment with too many chiefs not enough indians. Poor upper management ran the company into the ground dirty laundry revealed in newspaper
Pros
a few decent employees
Cons
health insurancee too high, food too high, poor management, no room for advancement
Good People just POOR Management
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2013
Behind the scenes IT guy. Help co-workers with IT questions or problems. Easy job, just time to leave after company was in the paper for UPPER MANAGEMENT issues.
Pros
easy schedule, great boss
Cons
raises were very little
Great Environment
Administrative Assistant/Educator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2013
the Saint Louis Science Center has a great work environment with awesome people.

Want to know more about Saint Louis Science Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Louis Science Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8