Saint Louis University

Saint Louis University Employee Reviews

Receive education
Student (Former Employee), St. LouisMay 8, 2014
This school is great for students who are very serious about getting a good education, putting time into their majors, and meeting genuine people.
Dean of Students/ Office of Student Conduct
Sec. Student Conduct and Dean of Students (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2014
Pros: the students definately made it worth it.
Cons: it wasn't really what i was looking for; it just wasn't for me.
It was an office where students were usually there for serious discussions. I learned a lot about higher education. I enjoyed working with the student office staff.
Nice Place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2014
Its great to work for a Catholic University. Very organized and respectful place. Diverse work spaces and a lot of opportunity to move up
Place of Autonomy
Non-Tenure Nurse Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis MissouriMarch 14, 2014
Cons: n/a
Working for St Louis University, offers a conducive learning environment for their faculty. There are always opportunities that provides staff with additional training and continuing education. My day consist of lecturing for 2 courses, office hours, and grading student assignments. Being an instructor, you are responsible for your course assignments and responding to students in a timely manner. There is a lot of autonomy in the workplace. Our evaluations are solely based on the students evaluations at the end of the course.
Amazing place with amazing people
Aerospace Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2014
Saint Louis University is such a great place to work I cannot say more positive things about it. There is such a tight knit community that makes work fun and enjoyable!
Bullying encouraged
staff (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: bullying, anti-catholic values
They allow supervisors and managers to bully and harrass employees simply because they believe a manager is more important to their organization than a staff person. If you complain they will do nothing except show you the door. Also, they dont give a darn about Catholic or Christian values. It's all about the money.
Not healthy, not ethical
Clinical Psychologist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: pay - i was paid well, but learned this was not the norm in my dept.
Cons: everything else
I took the job because I was so impressed during the interview process. I was led to believe the University as a whole, and my department in particular, were healthy, upstanding, progressive, innovative, well organized, and integrated into the University community. Within months of starting, I began to realize none of these things were true. I realized that the very basic quality of care and ethics were not present, leaving the department, University, and individuals working in the department open to lawsuits and other liabilities. Although the staff repeatedly addressed these issues with direct supervisors and others up the chain of command, nothing was done to address egregious problems. When we eventually sat down to talk, we were given a lecture by administrators and told that we were free to leave if we did not like it.

There were many, many problems within the department, all centered around the awful leadership, who were abusive, inept, and unqualified to lead. These terms are not enhanced for the dramatic effect of this review - I mean them literally. Even basic communication skills were missing in day to day operations leading to immense frustration, confusion, ambiguity, and no continuity from day to day and situation to situation. Decisions that were made were not only frequently unethical, but lacked basic common sense in how to run an organization.

My coworkers were wonderful, dedicated, and committed, but left one by one due to the above and the administration's unwillingness, inability, or exceptional lethargy in addressing the issues. The result was the loss of many qualified, wonderful professionals over a very short period of time.

In my tenure, I do not understand how SLU has earned the reputation it has in the Saint Louis community. I am not sure why anyone would voluntarily work or stay working there.
Very educational, very satisfying
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: management not always familiar with subordinates duties
Medical secretarial work for two to three physicians; scheduled diagnostic testing, filing, triage phone calls from patients, handled medical records, credentialing of new physicians, scheduled appointments, interact with other physicians, transcription from cassette tapes and worked with electronic medical records system.
productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good pay, fun, very easy
Cons: all depends every job has cons
best worker ever, and what ever else you would like for me to say. Yeah and that to.
Not a bad place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2014
A times micromanaging becomes frustrating, but the people are enjoyable and the pay is decent for the position.
Internship in Saint Louis University.
Dr. Ryan D.McCulla, Assistant Professor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2013
Saint Louis University is a good university for an internship. My internship was for two months and the professor I worked with was very supportive.
Ten years experience at SLU
Business/Quality Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2013
Love the people and the job. If you like working for a small company in an academic setting - SLU is the place for you.
Great work environment!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free tuition, amazing people, and comfortable work enivornment
Cons: low pay and little room for advancement unless you kiss butt
The best part of SLU is the people you meet and work with. The work environment is laid back, but productive.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2013
Flexible hours, fast paced meaningful work, self-paced environment, work with staff, great networking, friendly co-workers
Good place
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2013
Good place to work. Staff was great. Vision is great. Good salary and hours.
open arms of respect
Medical records Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2013
the hardest part of the job is to make sure the doctors sign off on the medical records in a timely matter.
Greek Life Residence Advisor
Residence Advisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free housing
Cons: no social life
This position helped me manage my time wisely so that I would be able to help others as well work with the school's management.
Clinical Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Nursing DepartmentAugust 8, 2013
Pros: excellent clinical sites
Cons: none at this time
Enjoy working with pre-licensure students.
I have learned through experience, instruction, and research to adhere to psychiatric mental health practice standard, ethical guidelines, and relevant statutes and regulations. Continued importance of involvement in nursing organizations and scholarship which helps me to remain informed and to become a strong assess in the field of nursing. I have learned this well and will continue to reinforce my knowledge of nursing practice standards in mental health. I will strive to promote autonomy and patient confidentiality so that my clients will always be the most important part of patient care. Clarity was achieved in my knowledge that I really and truly enjoy the field of mental health nursing. Next steps are continued practice and seeking guidance and collaboration when necessary.
SLU Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management, office politics
Was a wonderful opportunity, however, this employer was not the best fit for me.
Nice place to work and learn.
Audit Clerk (Former Employee), Finance departmentMay 1, 2013
This is a workplace where you can be very comfortable working with everybody because they let you feel at home especially when you are new.

Saint Louis University Salaries