Saint Louis University Employee Reviews in United States

Great atmosphere to be a part of.
Athletics Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2015
I support 8 college athletic programs. I help the sports in any way possible. Depending on the seasons, team travel and expense reports take up most of my time. I have plenty of other duties as assigned to keep me busy throughout the day. The hardest part is balancing the 8 programs. Each sport has a little sense of entitlement and I have to cater to the sport that is in season. I enjoy working with all the sports and the coaches. They are great people and I learn so much from them each day.
Great place
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2015
Enjoyed my time here. the campus is great and the food options for lunch are vast. would highly recommend someone to work here.
Good non-monetary benefits
Internship Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2015
SLU has some nice benefits that try to make up for the low salary. There offer great benefits including: generous vacation and sick time, a great wellness program, 403B matching and tuition remission.
Working as a team
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 10, 2015
During my time at Saint Louis University I was able to focus greatly on working in a team. There were several times when collaboration with my peers was a necessity to doing well. This helped sharpen several traits for future job opportunities.
Pros
Full of culture.
Cons
Expensive to live in the area.
Work study
Housing and Resident Life (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2015
Could get very dull at times but provided a great opportunity to get homework done if there was a lull in students entering the buildings.
Great Company
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2015
Great environment, good people, wonderful management. I worked multiple positions. good advancement. The hardest part of the job was that people speak different languages. The most enjoyable part of the job is that management cared about employees.
Pros
schooling, training
Cons
low wages
Nice and busy enivorment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2015
It was a task everyday to get the college clean with the students being there. But I still managed to clean, sanitize, vacuum, sweep and get all the waste and recycling materials out.
This is a great place for someone who wants to work in a university setting
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 30, 2015
I've been at SLU for over ten years, it is a great place to work. I am ready for a change and looking to move outside an academic setting
Very busy atmosphere, but laid back and informal
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work for me would screening patients for upcoming appointments and making payment arrangements. I'm always speaking with people face to face everyday. Depending on the patient I make arrangements on surgeries and test and help with financial assistance. Management could be better, more training on what they really should be doing would be great. I work mostly alone in my office so I don't get to interact with others too much. the people around me are ok, friendly most of the time. the most enjoyable part of my job is telling someone I have the help that they needed, the worst part is when i cant do that.
Pros
salaried employee, no time clock, autonomy
Cons
clinical departments are not always on the same page when it comes to the patients.
Lab Teaching and Grading Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2015
A fun place to work, people are friendly and enhanced my organizational skills. balanced between my grades and this work
Flexible Schedules
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2015
working at SLU I have learned to work with various types of people. I have learned how to appropriately build rapport and learned to multitask and be well organized. The hardest part of the student caller position was not giving up while asking alum for contributions. This has taught me to be persistent and finish whatever I do. I really enjoyed the people I worked with, they made the job worth coming to. Management was wonderful and only asked that we communicate with them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
minimum hours/pay
Hard Work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 11, 2015
Get to work on time.
To work wait people
Ask people want to do
The co-workers is good worker
Making sure place is clean
The job is right
Pros
open
Cons
open
good summer job opportunities for students and scholars
Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 12, 2015
great scholarship programs, clean cafeteria, gym and recreation facilities, laboratory equipment and computer well-maintained
Educational and Supportive Place to Work
Level II Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2015
Working for the Faculty Practice was a wonderful way to get practical experience and be brought up as a professional in a supportive environment.

- Learned how to run a private practice
- Became proficient with administering and evaluation assessments
- Actively participated in goal setting and intervention planning
- Learned to be flexible and always on your toes!
More than just an Academic Culture
Visit Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2015
My most enjoyable part of my current position is helping the visitors have a very enjoyable visit. Also knowing that I am helping students achieve their academic goals is very rewarding.
Extremely productive, requires a lot of critcal thinking, and communication.
Financial Assistant Sr (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2014
A typical day at work for me is very productive. Requires a lot of focus.
I have learned a lot at Saint Louis University, such as time keeping for union workers, utilities, FMLA, purchase orders, and requisitions. I micromanage 160 union workers time cards, and leave requests .
Is having everyone on the same page with me.

Interacting with other employees in different departments, doing my job and working independently.
Pros
tuition remisson and great benefits
Cons
paying taxes on tuition
multicultural
Computer Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDOctober 23, 2014
very boring work. Almost nothing to do except than brwosing the net.
Pros
good pay
Cons
boring
Productive and Fun Workplace
Network Security Intern (Current Employee) –  st louisSeptember 15, 2014
Learned many details about network operations. Found out the in and outs of a network security system.
Perfect on-campus opportunity
On-Campus Intern (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Flexible hours that make it easy to combine studying with working
Weird Concern about going paperless.
Assistant File Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2014
I was hired to help with a backlog on updating patient files. Most of my time consisted of being by myself, but I knew that before I took the job. The working conditions were comfortable and the management understanding letting me listen to music while I filed away paperwork. My co-workers were fun and very accepting of me (there was quite the age gap between myself and my co-workers).

Saint Louis University Reviews by Location