Saint Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

Great Place For Advancement
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2018
CBO has amazing management. Although I can only speak for the individuals I have directly worked with. They want to see you succeed and advance in the company. If this is what you want, they will try to help you on your journey up.
The company works hard to create a work life balance.
Pros
Many advancement opportunites.
Cons
Sick leave cannot be used until 3 days of PTO have been used.
Very team oriented place to work
Medical Billing Specialist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2018
Saint Luke's did employee Recognition and was a fun place to work. I was well compensated and had all the tools necessary to perform my job. I would recommend any position at this health system.
Pros
team players
Cons
short lunches
Warning! Warning! Keep looking!!!!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Horrible, horrific place to work!!!! Stress level through the roof! Lack of care for staff!! Management talks to staff members about other employees personal information. Drama. Drama. And more drama. Please do yourself a favor....work somewhere else!
Pros
Apparently management thinks they are doing us a favor to give a lunch break.
Cons
No lunch breaks. Don’t care about staff. Attitude from management.
Excellent mentoring across the entire organization
Senior VP and Chief Physician Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2018
The Department of Organizational Development is lead by very committed and competent/knowledgeable professionals. They seek to understand the strengths of the employees and develop those strengths further for better success.
Pros
Many opportunities for career development through courses
Cons
There is a sense that one mustbalways be connected to the job
Busy and learning new programs as they became available
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2018
I had a very interesting job. Duties were different from day to day. I enjoyed learning new tasks. I also enjoyed orienting new staff to the department. I worked with other departments to help with the flow of patients to get to our department. The most enjoyable part of the job were the patients. I wanted to do my best to inform them if there was a problem that might interrupt the schedule of patients being seen. I am very people friendly and try to help co workers when there was down time.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Departments that are closed and trying to find a job in the hospital to stay employed.
Nope
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2018
I don't want to do this. I think it's stupid that you are making me. It makes me want to review you instead. If it's voluntary/anonymous, why is this required?
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2018
As the Workmen’s Compensation Coordinator for 5 different facilities: Saint Luke’s East, South, Northland, Smithville, and the Plaza. These facilities generated revenue cycles of 100 million dollars annually in Workmen’s Compensation Collections. My essential roles were:
 Perform all billing and collecting activities
 Manage the accounts receivables.
 Charge entry, payment posting, account follow-up, reconciliation, and resolutions with payers, payment plan or financial assistance coordination.
 Identify problem trends, and communicating with payers.
Dead end job-look elsewhere
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2018
Work 10 hr shifts. No lunch breaks. Horrible management. Management doesn’t value employees. Endless drama. I literally could go on for days. Please do yourself a favor and look anywhere else!!!!!!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Showing up everyday, migraine headaches daily
Fast paced
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2017
Come in find out your assigned place to work. Get that days information ready and completed to see the patients scheduled for that day. Great place to work.Know your job role and complete it in a timely manner.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Great for someone
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 20, 2017
Patient access will be a very fast paced work environment, with getting calls to come in for extra hours multiple times a week. Great opportunity to pick up hours, but also always required to work holidays.
The Worst
LEAD SYSTEMS SUPPORT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 12, 2017
There is no benefit to working at Saint Luke's. It is truly a dead-end job for those in a tough financial position. If I were to elaborate anything more, this review would be revoked. Please, look elsewhere for a career...I did.
It was professional and productive. I enjoyed working there.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX medical centerNovember 29, 2017
Back then we had a really good team on my shift. we worked well together. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate patients. The most enjoyable part was woking urgent care with my best coworker. The culture was universal. Management was professional and accessible. We learned a lot and was efficient.
Pros
when I needed to be off, I was able to take time off.
Cons
Because I was a temp I wasn't able to reap the benefits
Favoritism
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 16, 2017
Poorly managed in Pre/post at SLEH. Favoritism shown to certain staff members. Management will directly seek out information on certain staff and then make it sound like the information was brought to them. Promotions go to friends of management.
Pros
Surgeons are great to work with. Hard working OR staff
Cons
Management not supportive to staff.
Alot of business but not alot of genuine passion
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2017
This company is a great company but it seems like people that work for them have a lack of genuine compassion towards patients.

Pay isn't that great for all the work we do. Leadership can be a mess. No opportunity for growth.

It is pretty embarrassing when outsiders know how crazy and hectic the clinic you work in is! We have had a lot of complaints and without authentic leadership it is so hard to get things corrected.

Some times working with other employees can be very challenging because of lack of trust. People talk about one another and smile in your face. No corrections are made. The atmosphere is what has been allowed.
Pros
Able to get in with dr soon, we can use our badges for lunch.
Cons
30 minute lunch break each day is not ideal. Leadership where you at!?
Fun place to work
Phlebotomy/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2017
Work in the lab was fun. I enjoyed my time working there and enjoyed my coworkers. I was had very good customer service experience with the patients. I have been doing phlebotomy for over 12 years and I really enjoyed working for this company.
very stressful enviroment
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2017
8 hour day
culture was fine
hardest part tying to do my job even with lack of management insight and support
most enjoyable part was being able to provide rehab services to those in need
Pros
large hospital system
Cons
lack of support
Clinical Research investigator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2017
Staff was very friendly, work hours were good. Most enjoyable was making a difference in the patient's lives daily. I learned about data analysis and enjoyed working there.
Productive-not great leadership from management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Luke's Kansas City, KsSeptember 6, 2017
I started with one manager who was great but another took over and things really changed. She was a nurse manager rather than administrator manager which is hard to help with administrative work and balance it out. She was frustrated a lot.
Pros
Drug rep lunches a lot!
Cons
Poor management
Great care for patients
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
The Health System strives to care for patients to the top of every RN, doctor, aides ability. There is continuous education for the medical staff but when do you have time to complete this education?
Pros
Great employees at this health system
Cons
Each national hol PTO is taken from yr balance and you have to earn it back, punishing workload.
Great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
Worked there for two years and they always treated me awesome. Showed lots of respect for their employees. Never felt like I didn't have the tools or resources I needed to perform my job efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Luke's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.