Saint Luke's Health System

Saint Luke's Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoy the fast paced environment, my co-workers are very fun to work with. I have learned time management and organization.
Pros
god benefits
Cons
short lunch
Medical Assistant - Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2015
Great benefits, cafeteria is awesome, parking not convenient, valet is helpful, patients are great, staff is easy to work with, great place to work
Pros
Good food
Cons
management not so fair
Great Place To Grow
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2015
Saint Luke's provides a great place to learn and to grow professionally. While some things take time to change, the health system itself is all about change so it challenges you to be flexible, to be knowledgeable, and to work as a team to succeed.
Pros
Benefits, Management, and Team Environment
my review
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2016
my years at st lukes have been a great learning experiences. there never has been a typical day. each and every day is a new experience and this is what makes it a great place to work for and a great place to give care and receive care. I have gained knowledge over the years in the areas of how to work with others effectively, how to care for patients when everything around us is changing, and how to adjust during the most difficult of times: with the new age of computers, change in staffing, new systematic changes, as well as watching people come and go, for various reasons. Life throws us some curve balls. But as a nurse the thing that makes us the best is that at the end of the day we have to look back and ask the question: Did I do the best I could have done for my patient? because that is our calling.
Pros
I is great to work with patients that trusts us
Cons
management not working with staff inehalf of patients behalf
Management harasses good employees and runs them off
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2016
Employees are encouraged to fight from management. Most poorly managed office, no actual medical experience and revenue only is focused on. Patient safety and needs are not addressed. Patient complaints are ignored. Many quality staff have been harassed and when HR is noticed Corporate shoves it under the rug. Management retaliates and this is a distinct pattern. It's an old girls club that protects their own and patient care is not addressed. There are many days staff and physicians can not even find management. With proper management it would be an excellent place to work. Despite current and former staff efforts problems are not ever addressed and harassment is the worst I have ever seen. Extreme bullying takes place and is encouraged from manager. Many physicians feel the same way. Management and corporate HR is the problem.
Pros
Wonderful physicians and patients
Cons
Horrible management and Corporate HR department
As a whole employees aren't valued
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2016
The Saint Luke's Health System provides excellent healthcare. However, one can not tell that it's a not for profit organization. The System has gotten so big and the employees are not valued as they once were. It seems to be all about the money now and less about the employees. The HR department doesn't do a great job with supporting their employees with management problems.
Pros
Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Not valued
Friendly, helpful co-workers. Customer focused.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2016
Relaxed, yet busy atmosphere. Co-workers are very nice, but management lacks communication. Love the patient centered care, dedication, and advocacy of staff to patients and their families.
Great Doctors!
Pulmonary Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2016
Patient care is excellent. Extremely busy practice, no official breaks. 30 min lunch, overtime is frowned upon. Management is fractured and reactive. Staff is excellent to work with and really cares about the patients.
Pros
excellent physicians
Cons
lots of work, no overtime
loved working here
Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 11, 2016
Its the best place to get care and the best place to give care. They have some of the best people working for them. I really enjoy working here and would highly recommend it to others
Great benefits great coworkers wonderful work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smithville, MOApril 17, 2016
Great place to be. Manager is proactive, co workers are wonderful to work with. Benefits are the best, make your own schedule

Want to know more about Saint Luke's Health System?

Ask a question
Productive Workplace
Centralized Services Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2016
Employees really seek the highest possible and best for the workplace. Warm and caring environment. I would recommend working for the Health System.
Excellent benefits, poor management
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2012
Saint Luke's Health System is a great company to work for with excellent benefits and competitive pay. It is currently undergoing many changes, which made the environment unsteady and difficult to work in. My co-workers were great! Teams were encouraged. The best part of my job was interaction with our patients and clients. Saint Luke's put them first. I loved going above and beyond for them. The hardest part of my job was not having the support or empowerment of management. I felt micromanaged, and engulfed in policy.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
only allowed 3 bathroom breaks per day
Very professional work place
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 21, 2012
I started out at the plaza hospital as a shift supervisor. There I learned how to supervise and co-exist with a large staff, there was thirty plus employees on a shift at a time which of those I supervised twenty of them. This was the best place I have worked in my career, I was promoted to sous chef at the new facility in Lees Summit where I learned to put together menus with the nutritional methods, to order of Sysco order guide system. The most enjoyable part of this job was Learning.
Pros
there was free food, great benifits, great atmospher in the work place
Cons
loved the place
manager will not back employee and does not see night staff dedication
nights rn (Former Employee) –  slhAugust 6, 2013
worked here for many years. never had a write up and was fired after one error, then manager went out digging for anything she could do to possibly terminate me for. this is not how a nurse who works extra shifts, is asked by other employees to be charge nurse should be treated. other nurses with same error did NOT have same consequences.
Pros
benefits, nightshift coworkers
Cons
absent mgmnt, did not back nurses to abusive patients or combative harassing sr nurses
Better than HCA hospitals
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 5, 2015
Saint Luke's South is a really good place to work. I have nothing negative to say about the culture. The house supervisors are great and appreciate the employees in the hospital.
Pros
The people
Cons
The hours
Excellant Company
Patient account Representative (Current Employee) –  KCMODecember 15, 2014
Saint Luke's is a great company to work for. The departments need some restructuring and more detailed training.
Cons
benefits, location, management
Excellent health care facility.
PAYROLL TAX ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 23, 2015
Staff at Saint Luke's Health System's hospitals are generally efficient, knowledgeable and caring. Clinical staff is supported in continuing education to be up to date in the latest technologies.
The day began with team meetings of the day's expectations and assignment of responsibility. Co-workers had an excellent sense of team and caring. The hardest part of the job was customer service. Once employee's decided they had been paid incorrectly, it was very hard to convince them, once correct payment had been confirmed that they indeed had been paid correctly. Specialization and time in job meant that all tax questions were referred to me. Even the most difficult person deserves to be treated with respect and compassion so I learned to deal with tears and explosive conversation.
Pros
caring attitude
Cons
long distaance from home and long hours
If you work support they don't care about
support (Current Employee) –  Kansas City,MoJuly 22, 2013
They don't care about and will tell you that they'll find a new person in under a week. They don't want you to know the rules and don't ask about the rules. Your boss is not your friend and will not tell you the truth and the HR is the same way. What you have to do is just keep your head down and try not to make anyone mad and you'll be ok.
Pros
you'll get 40 hours a week and benefits
Cons
you're not told the truth and are given little respect
Management, business supervisor very unprofessional, shows favortism
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland ParkJune 27, 2015
I enjoyed the patients. The employees at the front desk make very rude comments about their patients. If a patient is 3 minutes late to an appointment they are turned away and unfortunately the ladies at the front desk enjoy doing this. They are very negative and rude and I was a witness to it all. Not a great environment if you are a positive person who actually cares. During orientation they stress ergonomics, but once you ask for a chair, because all of theirs are old and worn, they get upset. I was told by several employees who had been there over 2 years that I would not get a chair because they are cheap. (I never got a chair) The supervisor shows favortism and the majority of her day was spent talking to her very good friends and co-workers. The environment is that of a high school, gossip constantly, management will ignore u you for silly reasons, they talk about you behind your back and if you have any person information you have to discuss with a supervisor, everyone will know. If you want a job that cares about their patients, this job is not for you. If you want to travel down memory lane back to high school to experience gossip, drama, tattle tales, cliques, silent treatments, bullying, PLEASE APPLY!
Pros
working with patients
Cons
cliques, gossip, negative attitudes, rude employees
Family oriented and very great folks
Lead Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, Missouri 64111February 15, 2014
Saint Luke's Health System not only cares for their patients but the division I worked in, family is very important when it comes to the success and happiness of each employee. The job is very accommodating and supportive. Great trainers and very thorough as it pertains to the medical record.
Pros
benefits are awesome