Saint Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

Poor management
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2017
Management does not take accountability for hiring lazy people even when you and other departments advise them of their REPEATED errors. Human Resources also blames you for you department lacking proper management instead of the manager. This place sucks. Don't work at SLH as a scheduler or patient access rep.
Pros
Getting off early
Cons
No accountability from management, human resources couldnt care less about your stressful work environment, no training
Stressful atmosphere
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2017
The environment at the hospital was very stressful and weighing. There was a lot of backstabbing and constant underhanded done by management and co workers. Not a nice place to work after 13 years.
Amazing place to work!
Patient Account Representative-CPC (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2017
Everyone is treated fairly and they put a lot of emphasis on diversity in the work place and have zero tolerance for bullies or workplace mistreatment.
Enjoyed my coworkers.
CRT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 3, 2017
There is no communication between management or the employees on what is expected of you. Did enjoy most of my colleagues I worked with. I was told during an interview at another facility that she heard that it was a difficult place to work for. It is never good when you have a bad reputation.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No concern for patient safety
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2017
Saint Lukes is supposed to be a non for profit hospital. However, they run it like a for profit hospital. I was told over and over again my Medical Director and HR physician rep that "this is a business" when I would address patient safety concerns. I went into healthcare to provide safe care and to care for a person and their family during their time of need. If you want to work for a money hungry hospital then this is your place. If you are in the medical field keep looking for a different hospital that cares as much for patients as you do!
Cons
Bad management
Instrument Technician position (plaza) ------BEWARE-------
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2017
If you thinking about applying for the Instrument Technician position

--------------------------------BEWARE-----------------------------------------

All the hospitals I've worked I never seen anything like this. Instrument Technician is one of the most important positions in the operating room. No Sterile instruments. No Cases. No Profit.

Every workplace has its flaws but I never seen a department with no type of structure, no accountability, & horrible leadership. I seen 4 people quit plus the current supervisor all in one months time. This is suppose to be a teaching hospital people are not getting properly trained on how to sterile process instruments. Most new employees are getting trained on how to do short cuts which can cause error, patient infection, lawsuits, and patient death.

I hope upper management/HR/PR really read these comments.

This department can really thrive if we can take care of these issues but I have a feeling it will take a patient life or a huge lawsuit for things to change (Sad)
Pros
nothing
Cons
structure, accountability, leadership, competitive pay
ok place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2017
its ok place to work. that all I have to say. Its For Some people. its Not for all people. What one person may enjoy. another may not.. thank you very much
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
Hardly any parking for mid shift employees
Just don't work there.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MetroJanuary 16, 2017
You have to be the correct gender..............you will be disappointed. If you have values going in, they will try to change them through "do this or else" tactics.
worked in Laboratory at EAST
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Working in this Laboratory was the worst. Its very unorganized with a terrible Lab Manager DSkeed, short staff all the time and undependable, and unreliable employee's. The pay is not equal to the amount of work load and never no help available. Think twice be for applying to work in this Laboratory.
Pros
NA
Cons
poor pay, 3 day oncall, poor employee's
Needs better managers
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 21, 2016
I am unfortunately in agreement with other current and former employees that their managers are not the greatest people to work for. No wonder why Saint Als is the best hospital in town.
Great work inviroment! Coworkers and superiors make the job not feel like a job.
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 20, 2016
I would recommend this agency to anyone. Everyone works as a team and helps one another. The job itself cares alot of stress and trauma so having great co-workers superiors is most important.
Nice work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MoNovember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working here it's a very nice company to work for I was working here for 10 years and loved it the environment was nice my co-workers were very respectful
Glad to be gone!!
Central Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barry roadOctober 22, 2016
Former employee Material Management Barry rd. I enjoyed most of the coworkers I worked with, but have never experienced working for a manager like that department had. Micromanagement is an understatement,we had to write our names & time we were going to lunch on dry erase board like we were in grade school, several of us voiced our opinion on how we were treated by her to H.R. but nothing was done,any one that worked for her should have got hazard pay ,not a day goes by that I am not thank full to be gone from there!
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Department Dictator
poorly managed
LPN (Former Employee) –  SLMGSeptember 25, 2016
Management harasses good employees and encourages poor behavior and fighting within office. So glad to be out of this environment. I have seen many lives destroyed by practice manager and nursing superviser. Very sad
Pros
good benefits
Cons
deceitful management
Smithville rehab unit is terrible!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smithville, MOAugust 30, 2016
One of the worst nursing experiences I have had. Manager of rehab unit micro manages nurses, very nosy and listens to staff conversations, hovers over nurses and follows them around while trying to work, overworked nursing staff, allows therapy staff to boss around and instruct us how to do our job, doesn't allow nurses to transfer to other departments, interrupts conversations with patients and families. Terrible experience on this unit and not worth the trouble! Strongly advised to keep looking!
Pros
Coworkers are wonderful to work with
Cons
Manager is worst I have seen!
Stay away from SLCC
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 26, 2016
SLCC is the worst department to work for!!! The training and trainers are terrible. You will train for something that has nothing to do with your job function, the managers could care less about you. Department is very outdated and unwelcoming. Overworked for very little pay, oh you may apply for the plaza location but after your offer letter they may call you a day before starting to tell you that they are moving to north kc in a few months!!!!!
Pros
Good lunch/nice cafeteria, some friendly people
Cons
Management, training, pay, location movement, department appearance
poor management - encouarages favoritism
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Lukes SouthAugust 21, 2016
I left after working 18 years/since it opened. Current management in my department is the reason most good employees either left or were fired for flimsy reasons. Don't work there there unless you want to go back to a high school, gossipy, unfair. environment with impossible job requirements - always adding/changing things. You will have no time left for your patients because you will be so busy on the computer.!
Pros
good pay
Cons
increasing demands of job, little reinforcement, terrible management
Productive Work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garnett, KSAugust 17, 2016
Go in get the job done, fast pace place, very nice residents, great place to work, good maangament, even better HR team, easy going place to work and can have the day fly by when having a good time.
Horrible Place to work
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2016
St. Luke's north on Barry Road is a nice hospital, but the medical records department is terrible. Do not consider a job in that department unless you want to work with mean coworkers in a highly stressful environment. There was a very high volume of production required. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the angry customers while you are trying to do your own work and meet the heavy deadlines. Management is ok but not great. The pay was ok, but again, not great for the amount of stress you'll have. I do not recommend working there for any reason.
Management harasses good employees and runs them off
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2016
Employees are encouraged to fight from management. Most poorly managed office, no actual medical experience and revenue only is focused on. Patient safety and needs are not addressed. Patient complaints are ignored. Many quality staff have been harassed and when HR is noticed Corporate shoves it under the rug. Management retaliates and this is a distinct pattern. It's an old girls club that protects their own and patient care is not addressed. There are many days staff and physicians can not even find management. With proper management it would be an excellent place to work. Despite current and former staff efforts problems are not ever addressed and harassment is the worst I have ever seen. Extreme bullying takes place and is encouraged from manager. Many physicians feel the same way. Management and corporate HR is the problem.
Pros
Wonderful physicians and patients
Cons
Horrible management and Corporate HR department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Luke's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9