Saint Luke's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed many years working for St.Lukes Hospital. I plan to reapply. Great benefits and great pay. Effective Communication Skills * Intuitive Problem-Solving Abilities
*Microsoft Office * Help Desk *Working productively as an Individual and Team
Pros
Good Job Security
Cons
No room for growth
Great place to work, good chances to advance and learn new . SLH strives to include all levels of employees ways of improving skills.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 14, 2015
Able to work as a team, constantly learning new skills and treated as an important member of this work group. Always kept abreast of changes. Parking sometimes not very efficient. Work areas clean and well managed. Hardest part of the job is leaving when you know there are things that need to be done. Best part is those patients who return regularly and you get to know them personally.
Nursing Attendant
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bronx New YorkJuly 30, 2015
Greet patients, make patients aware that I would be there Nursing Attendant for that day, Prepare for set up of any new enrolled patients to come on the medical surgical dept, Assist patient with hygiene and feeding when needed. Transport patients from beds when needed for medical for referral as requested under the supervision of a staff Rn.
Pros
Meeting New Patients
Cons
Long hours, but is expected working for a large hsopital
We have a lot of papers to write and less co-workers for too much work.
RN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PROctober 27, 2015
Nice working with my co-workers. Fun part is working with my supervisor. The most enjoyable part is communicate with my patients and the families.
Pros
FREE LUNCH, FREE PARKING, FREE TV SERVICE, DISCOUNT OF LAB, PROCEDURE, STUDIES, LOCKERS
Cons
HEALTHCARE, SHORT-BRAKE
Fun place
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Float PoolAugust 23, 2015
I really enjoy working here, I just wish the salary was better so you could live more than paycheck to paycheck. They have a great staff in each department as well.
Productive, fast paced, hands on training for employees interested in medical atmosphere.
Information Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriOctober 24, 2012
The morning is quite busy with patients your helping patients going to surgery or having blood drawn. Or even taking a patient who must visit the outside for fresh air. I learned how to put others before my needs because the patients are my customers and I understand they need or want attention asap. The management aspect I now understand that when a problem confronts you, you want to understand all the facts before conclusions are made, make sure all parties are involved from housekeeping to the main desk, or who ever was involved. Keep it professional and solve the issue. The co-workers are the best and no matter who has the patient everyone helps because this is the best place to give and get care. The part of the job that was most difficult was leaving on time, because you wanted to make all patients had what they needed for the night or the next morning. The most enjoyable part was saying good-bye to a patient whom you had become friends with because they had gotten better.
Pros
great benefits, nice cafe and cafeteria.
Cons
parking for later hours.
Good experience
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 21, 2015
The patient population is less than desired, but you get great exposure and the pay is great. The hospital has been going through a lot of renovations over the years. Parking is a problem.
Pros
experience
Cons
parking
Positive energy work place with determination to get the job done.
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2015
Prep/scan medical records into EPIC system. Tend to telephone calls inquiries. Release of records to facilities. The managment team strives to meet deparment goals and work together with employees. Co-workers are easy to get a long and work with, positive energy throughout the department. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Nice co-workers and staff
RN, PRN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2015
Very fast paced. I like learning new procedures. Good manager. Helpful co-workers. Nice flexable work schedule. Nice work flow with all employees.
Facilties Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2015
I work in facilities Dept, answering call center phone

I have a good relationship with the nurses and mechanical staff

Communication sometimes needs improvement between employees
Pros
seminar offered for Health and weight loss
Cons
Corp parking
productive work environment
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 23, 2013
Over all good company to work for. Management was good, co-workers treated each other with respect.
Pros
set schedual
Cons
slow or no advancement
is good place to work`
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Smithville, MOJune 15, 2015
is a nice place to work and friendly environment and I will really enjoy to work and I will recommend family and friends who will love to work there.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great place to work, valued employees
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 4, 2013
Working NOC shift was difficult, but great coworkers and supportive management made the job enjoyable. I felt valued as an employee and criticism was always constructive. For as large of an organization it is, I always felt a sincere "family like" connection. They provided education and were constantly developing new ways to improve the company. The only difficult part of the job was getting time off.
Professionalism and opportunities for job growth and development
Labor and delivery nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 3, 2014
Labor and delivery unit was enjoyable place to work because everyone worked well together with great professionalism. Had super nurse educator who encouraged personal job growth and development.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
sick policy--staff would often come to work when they were ill in order not to lose a day's wage.
good place to work
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 24, 2015
Busy and fast growing community hospital
Needs to recognize employee's good work more often
Nice and fun employees

Give new employees a chance before making assumptions on their performance and improve training for those new employees so they will benefit you and they are happy as well
Pros
close to home
Cons
employees need more recognition
Salary is competetive to market in KC
Information Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriFebruary 7, 2014
Busy,
Interaction with others can be a learning experience in that we meet all types of people and relating sometime can be difficult. But with a positive attitude one most often can overcome any adversities.

Most wonderful people I've ever met.

Seeing people overcome their illness and going home.
Pros
interaction with others
Cons
job security
great place to give care and great place to receive care
Materials Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2015
I have learned a lot with at Saint Lukes hospital, I enjoy the variety and the structure of the daily work schedule and work load
Executive Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriNovember 24, 2014
My day consists of cordinating many meetings and outside events for the CEO's and the CFO's. I have found the best way to achieve this goal is by having open communication, organization, and understanding priorities. The most enjoyable part of my day is when a problem or conflict occurs and it is quickly and smoothly attended to and both of my employers leave the office happy!
Pros
enjoy the detailed work and the co-workers i collaborate with daily.
Cons
downsizing of the company
If you're support they don't care about you
supply (Former Employee) –  kansas city missouriApril 13, 2013
I was on a job for over six years before I came to this company to go back to school and I told them in the interview why I wanted a new job. They told me that they'll pay me 13 a hour and 3pm to 11:30pm. When they have me the paperwork to start it was 11 a hour and I told them no,she then told me 12 went to fill out the paperwork and was told that'll I'll have to train Mon- Fri for six week. Then I'll move to 3pm to 11:3m. I reported for training didn't do anything wrong my first day. The second day I told them I was in school and should be only around for a year or two. When I can in the next day they told me I'm not a good fit for the job because they are looking for someone with "long run"
Cons
they lie and want you to be in dead in job forever.
Don't work in the laboratory
Medical Technologist- Blood Banker, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 20, 2012
Laboratory is horribly mismanaged. Technologists are grossly underpaid. HR lies to lab techs to protect management's poor decisions.
Pros
hospital itself provides good care. other places outside lab have great morale.
Cons
laboratory managers are incompetent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Luke's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.