Saint Luke's Northland Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital work
Nursing Tech/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2016
Hospitals are great to work for because of the constant changing pace that you are working under. Everyday there is something new going on. I did love my work there and was there for a few years before it became time to move on. I would work there again in an instant.
Great place to start if you want to go further in a healthcare setting
Admitting Rep/ Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 24, 2014
Typical day includes checking in patients either to the emergency room, or out-patient services, asking for demographic information, data entry, calling insurance companies to verify coverage. Collecting co-pays, working with medical CPT codes, and working closely with patients and sensitive information. standard 30 minute or 1 hour lunches. Closely monitored by management.
Pros
Stable place of work
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Interesting atmosphere
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Smithville, MOJune 18, 2014
This a typical behavioral health hospital. There were ups and downs depending on the day and what the patient population consisted of. The facility is a short term facility which means most patients are only there 3-5 days.
Saint Lukes
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 1, 2014
Worked in ICU, medical telemetry, and progressive units.
Provided the necessary care for each particular patient.
Answered call lights in a timely manner, charted patient progress with hourly rounding sheets.
Measured vitals, intake and output, glucose, EKGs, catheter care, and IV pulls.
Assist with hygiene, nutrition, and elimination needs.
Monitor changes in patient, collected urine and sputum samples; performed bladder scans.
Performed other miscellaneous duties as well.
Productive and fun place to work. Family oriented.
Charge Nurse on Mental Health unit (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MOFebruary 8, 2014
As Charge Nurse my day would start by making assignment's for the nurses and techs. I have learned so many things in my time with Saint Luke's. I had the opportunity to work on many different units helping people with a variety of medical and mental issues. I learned time management skills and how to designate assignments due to patient acuity and patient care. My managers were very helpful in making sure we had the resources we needed to do our jobs. My co-workers were team players and always willing to help were needed. The hardest part of the job was leaving after 21 years to relocate. For me the most enjoyable part of my job was helping others to overcome whatever obstacle they where enduring at the time of their hospitalization, and to know I made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
I worked with very caring and compassionate people.
Cons
I would have to say the only con in my job was when we had to work short staffed, that meant the patients didn't get the attention and care they deserve.
Great and fun place to work
LPN II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2013
Really enjoyed learning everything I could and more. Really good working atmosphere and great people to work with.
Pros
Potential of learning atmosphere
Cons
being phased out
not a great place to give care
NT (Current Employee) –  SLNJune 18, 2012
Saint Luke's does not live up to its motto of "Best Place to get care/ Best Place to Give Care." It has a work force of people who are miserable and hate the management. The employees are lied to, misguided, and overrated. The management team is over paid and overrated, never before have I worked for a team of people who are so self involved and lacked so much concern for the patients.
Pros
some of my co workers
Cons
poor management, poor pay, lack of communication, poor benefits, too many tos and on calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Luke's Northland Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6