Saint Mary's Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Employer is great place to work
Financial coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2016
Employer encourages continue education, just a great place to work, I would recommend working for them. They care about their employees and offered good benefits
COOR Desk Control (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 22, 2015
An over all good place to work. very busy work place. co-workers are kind to work with. The hardest part of the job is completing ordering and the enjoyable part of the job is working with many different people. helping others
Horrible
Nutrition Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2014
I could not stand this place and there kronos system the nutrition service department management suck
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Long term care facility
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 29, 2014
Daily work required direct care for residents in a team based environment. I learned to advocate for patients to the best of my ability and to provide follow-up if there was something that I was unable to assist them with.
Fast-paced diverse environment
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work includes direct patient care. Meeting toileting needs of residents in various capacities for transfers. Assisting with activities of daily living. Providing adequate nutrition and hydration maintaining a safe environment for all residents Establishing a rapport with clients and family alike. Patient-centered care
I don't want to review this company
Transplant Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  grand rapids, miFebruary 18, 2014
I don't want to review this company, Why do you make people do this?
Caring staff very understanding
LAN Support Tech III (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 23, 2013
Enjoyed my time with Saint Mary's Health care, but decided to move North.
Productive and Compassionate Place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 15, 2013
Gave quality care to patients and families, I learned new medical technique's and terminology. Management were competent and great at their jobs. I worked with superb RN's and fellow PCA's. The hardest part of my job was leaving at the end of my shift and the most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction I had with my patients.
Typical day at work
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2013
I would just simply answer the patients telephone calls and help them order their meals for the day. I also, help the patients understand their diets.
Pros
they work around your school schedule
Cons
short shifts
Productive-Fun Work Environment
Patient Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 23, 2013
Scheduled procedures, utilizing the Pathways Healthcare Scheduling System
Collaborated with multiple departments to best utilize equipment, staff and other resources while accommodating physician preference and patient needs
Defined problems, collected data and established facts around scheduling issues
Verified Medical Necessity through the PCA system for all Medicarecustomers.
Maintained a high level of confidentiality and exercised independent judgment
Confirm authorization for scheduling

Want to know more about Saint Mary's Health Care?

Ask a question
Good employer
System Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 23, 2013
Believes in the whole person and their life does not revolve around work. Grant it you are expected to give it your all but they do understand that life sometimes can get in the way.
It was a very great experience
Inpatient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 16, 2013
Great
Learned a lot of skills
Influent in different skills
Enjoyed the patients and families
Co workers were great
Pros
patient care
Cons
team work and overworked under staffed
great pay/great benefits
Guest Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 5, 2013
Great place to work. Employee morale can be low. Many budgets cuts and high turnover for management.
The wheels of St. Marys turn slowly, very slowly
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 1, 2012
MRI department is a disaster. Manager doesn't listen to his employees. Hostile work environment created by a specific employee who has the manager wrapped around her enormous pinky finger. Management fabricates complaints and tries to write you up based on hearsay from his pets. The entire Radiology department is filthy. Environmental Services only empty the trash on the weekend. We were lucky to have soap, paper towels, and toilet tissue by Tuesday.
Pros
not much
Cons
management, hr, & employee relations ineffective
Wonderful people, true to its mission.
Kronos Readiness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2012
Saint Mary's Health Care is a faith based provider of the entire health care continuum. The people are compassionate, highly skilled and are dedicated to delivering the best service possible.
Very Professional environment, great place to grow
ECG Technician (Lead Tech) (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2012
The company values are great. Very compassionate and are willing to work with anyone's schedule. Advancement can occur in any department. The Human resource department is very helpful with work and life needs.
Pros
pays for school tuition if contract is signed, negotiate pay
Cons
management varies, some patients aren't polite
Great company with great benefits
Materials Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 5, 2012
Saint Mary's will definitely take care of you as an employee. They have excellent goals and values. Working here would be nothing short of a dream of mine. I iinterned here for over a year, and I have gained a wealth of knowledge along with some great references and experience to build my resume.
On going learning curve with constant change
Retail/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 16, 2012
A great place to work and I appreciated the time I had working there.

My day started very early in making sure staff and the operation were present and on time. Communication with retail and production staff was regular through out the day in making sure all needs were being met. Trouble shooting staff issues and equipment were important to asure a smooth operation. Working with staff on scheduling needs. Inventory monitoring. Contant inspections of products and all work areas. Staff meetings. Menu planning and developement.Checking and replying emails. providing support to all work areas when needed. Assuring that all meal services and food retail outlets were on time. Monitoring retail revenues and hospital sensus. Participating in daily/weekly meetings to discuss projects, goals and opportunities. Maintaining and troubleshooting all point of sale equipment needs. Interactions with other department staff and heads to meet theirs' and our department needs. Meetings with vender Reps. Computer work: API, Groupwise, Word, Excell and department paper work. Most important,.. finding time to commend those who supported and worked hard to make the days operation a success.

Upper leadership invests time and money in educating regular and management staff for work and self growth. They also were some of the most dedicated and kind people I had ever worked with. I learned many things working at Saint Marys from, the technical aspects of Health Care food service, to working with staff to reach a common goal and understanding of what ever was at hand.

Food service in health care was
  more... very demanding and fun at the same time. It really would test you on what you were made of. I was able to interact with all sorts of professions in order to supply a great service to the hospital staff, visitors and patients. My coworkers were like my second family and we could lean on each other for anything that pertained to getting the job done.

The hardest part of my job was when to put the work down and go home. Health Care is a 24/7 commitment and I wanted to make sure all staff and work areas were OK before leaving for the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was pleasing staff, visitors and patients with food and service.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
on call 24/7