Saint Mary's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Most favorite job and place of employment
RN Level II trauma unit. (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 20, 2017
I walked into this position with no trauma experience yet they gave me a chance. It was the most rewarding position I've had yet and I learned so very much. It was literally, at times, 12 or more hours in one room saving the life of young critical patient. I've never had so much fun and gained so much knowledge at any other job I've had. The people were great and truly worked together as a team in the Level II trauma unit. D Parker
Pros
Team centered, Life saving, great experience, amazing & talented staff. Most gracious family and patients alike for all our efforts.
December 22, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! At St. Mary's Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great place to work. Company really cared about thier employees
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 11, 2017
Small town feeling and concern for patients and employees. Lots of room for advancement. Leadership encouraged staff to continue to learn and grow to prepare to advance in the company.
December 13, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's Medical Center's success.

Very understaffed
Many opportunities as Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 7, 2017
Very understaffed with little support from management. Very unorganized and little acknowledgement of policy and procedures from managers. Could be a very unsafe environment to work in for nurses and the care of their patients. Little praise given by management.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

overall great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 6, 2017
my review would be fast past quick on your feet. They are very family bound. My job was to assist doctors patients also insurgence companies. with daily jobs codes information on medication
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
September 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to St. Mary's success.

great place to work
RN - Emergency Room / Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOAugust 9, 2017
relaxed environment. great teamwork. patient orientated. strong knowledge base care for care of loved ones in need of medical attention. one of the best places to work.
Good. Overall
House keeping janitorial services (Former Employee) –  1750 W saint. Mary's Rd Tucson Arizona 85745August 8, 2017
I. Liked to work there it's. A. Good. Environment good. Benefits and. Easy. Work but. Kind of dangerous because the. Persons in. Hospital have. All. Kind. Of. Sickness. But. Work. Related. It's. Good
Pros
Good place to. Work at
Cons
It's kind. Of. Dangerous because the. Sick. Person around have. All. Kind. Os. Sikness
was a trauma and lab tech
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 31, 2017
i was a trauma and lab tech there. I loved it but went on to a different career as a high school teacher. It was a great hospital and loved it there.
Great job and great leadership
Provide Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2017
Great job culture. Great leadership. Compensation could have been better. Advancement was great. I advanced into management position quickly. Loved working for St. Mary's.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work. The job was one of my best jobs here I miss work here I moved but I still would recommend this company to any new CNA or nurse this hospital/nursing homes is awesome
Close knit staff who work well together as a team
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2017
Everyday brings challenges and staff works well together. Teamwork is the common thread, and co-workers develop good working relationships.Management is undergoing changes, and current hospital President is working on restructuring leadership roles.
Registered Nurse - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 5, 2017
The NICU is a wonderful place to work. You take of sick newborns and you get to educate the family on how to care for their little one as well. Parents and staff are wonderful.
inpatient care, subacute care
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
I completed a 10 week clinical rotation at this hospital. The patients received good care and the management staff was great. Unfortunately, this hospital is no longer in operation.
Productive workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 8, 2016
Working Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
I had the ability to cross train in various departments and work well with everyone.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible and stressful environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 16, 2016
The critical care program was not what I expected, the left hand never knew what the right hand was doing. Nothing is established in the way they train the nurse's coming into such an intense ICU. My experience there was a nightmare, if all goes well it's a wonderful opportunity but for a program that been around for a while it certainly was disorganized. They make you sign a contract right off the bat but once you sign it get ready for a bumpy ride. NEW GRADS BEWARE!
Pros
Compensation, great benefits, opportunities for learning
Cons
Favoritism, discrimination, training, disorganized
Rewarding and fun place to work where coworkers become like family.
Registered Nurse Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 20, 2016
A typical twelve hour day can be very challenging and rewarding. Patients have multiple co-morbidities and their care is very complex. Management encourages independence and growth, co-workers are supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is directly caring for the patients.
Fun Place to work
Senior Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 20, 2016
Assisting the pharmacist with medication preparation and distribution to various units within the hospital. Being of service to patients in need.