Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Incompetent managers (mine) that save each others' positions driving the business under.
Business Analyst for HR and Perf Improvement Dept (Former Employee) –  3rd floorFebruary 23, 2017
The most hostile and incompetent environment I have been a part of in my career.
I can argument it anytime with very precise examples that are actually public knowledge.
Anytime!
Pros
Good food at the cafeteria, nice people in the departments I had to work with (not in!)
Cons
Incompetence.
staff thanks you for working in thier units. Very friendly and helpful staff members
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 20, 2017
The staff thanks people for working in their units. Staff is friendly and helpful to other staff. They train staff well, and don't require staff to float everywhere in hospital, only selected place. Work can be hard but is fulfilling, and staff works directly with patients and parents in NICU, informing them of changes in care and involving them in care of neonate.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
sometimes no work in MB department
On to the next!
Distribution technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 3, 2017
Overall the distribution tech positionwas very fun to learn and im glad i was able to have that experience thought it could have been better. Training more, more people to work with. Rarely any respect from the rest of the departments . They didnt make the schedule fair either. The new person is all alone on the weekends supplying thewhole hospital while doing other errands as well as the daily duties needed. Stressful environment. Glad i had the chance to work as a distribution tech, but on to the next!!
Pros
Learning all the tools in the hospital.
Cons
Solo work most of the time, not much help from the rest of the crew. You worked on your lunch. 'Teachers pet'
Helping Physical Therapists
Student tech (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 12, 2017
I care for people's needs and their physical health to get them back to the shape they were in or better before their surgery.
Pros
Lunch break
Thinks you're a thief
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 11, 2017
Why would you need a credit check for a job unless they think that people with bad credit are also thieves? Not to mention that it's just for a receptionist position. You should be worried about customer service.
One of the top five Hospitals in Northern Nevada
Network Buyer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 21, 2016
Preparation and negotiation of purchasing contracts. I set and maintained stock levels for purchasing departments. Prepared Capital acquisitions.
I learned the challenges that a hospital is up against. How to balance budget cuts while maintaining excellent patient care.
I worked with at great team that was very supportive of each other.
Pros
Great hospital that truly cares for the patient.
director don't care about employees
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARSeptember 12, 2016
Director is the worst person to work for. He goes through employees. Doesn't care about employees. If you don't go to break on time you get scolded.
extremely busy under new management
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 30, 2016
St Mary's was a great place to work until the company got sold. New management came in and restructured the entire hospital, laying off multiple long time employees. My co-workers were amazing, but the management did not encourage a good job work/life balance. Simple things such as drinking water was discouraged, security constantly watched us from video cameras and took still shots and passed them around the hospital. I didn't learn much of anything because management did not include us in the daily advancements of the department
Pros
Cons
location
Patient Account Registrar (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 3, 2016
I was given such an amazing and exciting opportunity to work for Saint Mary's. A typical day at work was always busy with patient registration. I learned so many new things about how the hospital works, and how the department was run. Co-workers were always so nice and friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when insurances wouldn't run in the system and you had to manually call to verify it.
Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2016
This company provides great patient care and benefits to the employees. When the new company took over, they cut the employees pay, but otherwise a great company.
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
pay scale

Want to know more about Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Productive and inspiring work environment
Distribution tech (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Distributed supplies throughout the hospital. Helped anyone as much as you possibly could no matter how busy you were. The patients always come first
Big turnover in the lab...phlebotimist do not get paid enough
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 23, 2016
some days are busier than others, but when it is busy it's only one phlebotomist for the whole hospital this includes: ER (you are always called down to draw ER patients when there is like 5 nurses down there that can draw patient) 4th floor, ICU, Women and Children, Labor and Delivery, Rehab, Psych, Cancer Center at times when the patient can easily walk over to outpatient and get blood drawn so this means phlebotomist can have 6 noon draws but has to find a way to go and get that draw as well. Management in the Lab seems to care but it is stressful at times and when you bring up issues, the issues don't really ever get solved. You walk a lot you can walk up to 6 miles on a 12 hour shift or more. The pay is not enough maybe that is why there is a high turn over rate, and when you get a raise it is not even enough or not worth it. It's like a slap in the face.
Pros
good scheduled days
Cons
not enough pay
easy place to work
Radiology Scheduler/Orders Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 16, 2016
great bosses, easy work, have made great relationships with many different offices, learned may new things, walk straight over to the great fitness center everyday after work
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
life insurance isnt a very good plan
fast paced and very intense
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 5, 2015
Working with patients and closely with surgeons and other staff to keep the flow with in the operating room to protect and make sure the operation run smoothly and safely for the patient and all crew that is involved.
Pros
keeps you involved and busy all day
Cons
potiential to have conflict with staff if you do noot stay out of gossip
Great place for growth in your professional life.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NvOctober 24, 2015
Very happy with my work experience here. Company desires to see employees progress and grow in their professional development and career.
Painful place to work
SPD (Former Employee) –  RenoMarch 22, 2015
Management doesn't care if you have the resources to do your job. Do not point out a problem or patient care issue you will be punished. It was a great place to work about 2 years ago, now it just strange. Management by people who have no background in your service, if you choose to work there know your place and shut up.
Pros
Nice weather
Cons
A lot of petty stuff, no help.
Fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 17, 2015
I felt that everything I did was extremely important to the care of our patients and employees. Much of what I did was confidential in nature and as such carried a level of stress. My co workers were very professional and always helpful. I enjoyed doing my job especially when I got to see the end results.
Before working at the hospital I never realized how much the community, state and federal government had to do with healthcare.
Horrible
Former employee (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 16, 2015
If you are a supervisor, you are basically a glorified babysitter. Your manager is unapproachable and does not take the time to help you.
You are left out to float. Do not recommend the supervisor for admitting. Run from this position
Pros
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Good
Medical Technologist/Generalist in the lab (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 7, 2014
Drama within the lab. Unprofessional supervisors. Paid well and only required 8 hour night shifts. Hard to take paid time off.
Creative work environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 17, 2014
Best part of position was working with the public in variety of capacity's from monthly luncheons with community to greeting card contest with local elementary school.
Pros
Rarely at desk; perfect position for active employee.
Cons
unpredictable management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

75%