Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Patient Account Registrar (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 3, 2016
I was given such an amazing and exciting opportunity to work for Saint Mary's. A typical day at work was always busy with patient registration. I learned so many new things about how the hospital works, and how the department was run. Co-workers were always so nice and friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was when insurances wouldn't run in the system and you had to manually call to verify it.
Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2016
This company provides great patient care and benefits to the employees. When the new company took over, they cut the employees pay, but otherwise a great company.
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
pay scale
Productive and inspiring work environment
Distribution tech (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 19, 2016
Distributed supplies throughout the hospital. Helped anyone as much as you possibly could no matter how busy you were. The patients always come first
Big turnover in the lab...phlebotimist do not get paid enough
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 23, 2016
some days are busier than others, but when it is busy it's only one phlebotomist for the whole hospital this includes: ER (you are always called down to draw ER patients when there is like 5 nurses down there that can draw patient) 4th floor, ICU, Women and Children, Labor and Delivery, Rehab, Psych, Cancer Center at times when the patient can easily walk over to outpatient and get blood drawn so this means phlebotomist can have 6 noon draws but has to find a way to go and get that draw as well. Management in the Lab seems to care but it is stressful at times and when you bring up issues, the issues don't really ever get solved. You walk a lot you can walk up to 6 miles on a 12 hour shift or more. The pay is not enough maybe that is why there is a high turn over rate, and when you get a raise it is not even enough or not worth it. It's like a slap in the face.
Pros
good scheduled days
Cons
not enough pay
easy place to work
Radiology Scheduler/Orders Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 16, 2016
great bosses, easy work, have made great relationships with many different offices, learned may new things, walk straight over to the great fitness center everyday after work
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
life insurance isnt a very good plan
fast paced and very intense
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 5, 2015
Working with patients and closely with surgeons and other staff to keep the flow with in the operating room to protect and make sure the operation run smoothly and safely for the patient and all crew that is involved.
Pros
keeps you involved and busy all day
Cons
potiential to have conflict with staff if you do noot stay out of gossip
Great place for growth in your professional life.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NvOctober 24, 2015
Very happy with my work experience here. Company desires to see employees progress and grow in their professional development and career.
Painful place to work
SPD (Former Employee) –  RenoMarch 22, 2015
Management doesn't care if you have the resources to do your job. Do not point out a problem or patient care issue you will be punished. It was a great place to work about 2 years ago, now it just strange. Management by people who have no background in your service, if you choose to work there know your place and shut up.
Pros
Nice weather
Cons
A lot of petty stuff, no help.
Fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 17, 2015
I felt that everything I did was extremely important to the care of our patients and employees. Much of what I did was confidential in nature and as such carried a level of stress. My co workers were very professional and always helpful. I enjoyed doing my job especially when I got to see the end results.
Before working at the hospital I never realized how much the community, state and federal government had to do with healthcare.
Horrible
Former employee (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 16, 2015
If you are a supervisor, you are basically a glorified babysitter. Your manager is unapproachable and does not take the time to help you.
You are left out to float. Do not recommend the supervisor for admitting. Run from this position
Pros
nothing
Cons
negative atmosphere
Good
Medical Technologist/Generalist in the lab (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 7, 2014
Drama within the lab. Unprofessional supervisors. Paid well and only required 8 hour night shifts. Hard to take paid time off.
Creative work environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 17, 2014
Best part of position was working with the public in variety of capacity's from monthly luncheons with community to greeting card contest with local elementary school.
Pros
rarely at desk; perfect position for active employee.
Cons
unpredictable management.
Main HR contact has her favorites
worker (Former Employee) –  russellvilleJune 4, 2014
Yep, She has her favorites when ever a position comes open. Especially in "her" department of HR.
Pros
its work
Cons
favortism by the main hr lady
Unit clerk, Admitting
Maternal/Child Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2014
Great team work, support of management. This hospital gives a small town feel.
Per Diem Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 28, 2013
I work on a unit that demonstrates team work and good communication skills.
I have learned many hands on skills for many types of patients that I otherwise feel I would not have gained with out being on the Medical/ Surgical floor.
A typical day can range from 3-5 patients per nurse ranging in acuity.
The most enjoyable part to working here is the sense of community and the ability to make a difference in someones life and being recognized after being a patient advocate.
Pros
self scheduling in most cases.
compassionate
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 19, 2013
a busy and fully equipped department. Learned a lot working here. you could say that my work experience gained from this position had truly made me successful.
Pros
always work to be done
Cons
seperated from the or and at night under staffed
Employees are important
Intake representative / Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Reno NevadaOctober 29, 2013
SMRMC
Where i recieved most of my Training CNA/ Medical Assisting
enjoyed going to work
liked all the employees i worked with
everyone so supportive of each other
Pros
opportunities
Great place for great people to do great work.
Per Diem Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 28, 2013
I very much enjoyed working for this company. I felt very much part of a team with one unified goal. We worked well together in order to provide quality care in a timely and efficient manner.
Pros
advancement options, great team of people, great environment
Cons
14 hour shifts can be a bit lengthy
Saint Marys is a good place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NevadaApril 4, 2013
My experience as an employee at Saint Mary's has been educational and life-changing. The places I worked were family oriented and supportive.
I worked with my coworkers cohesively to get the job done effectively and professionally.
The hardest part of the job is when we've done all we can and have to say 'goodbye' to patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I saw patients get better.
Pros
the benefits of working at saint mary's and the people i meet.
Cons
wear and tear on my car in homecare.
Good first nursing job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 23, 2012
Difficult to review as it has been 14 1/2 years since working there. I have heard over the years that the company has gone through many changes good and bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location