Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center

Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Good
Medical Technologist/Generalist in the lab (Former Employee), Russellville, AROctober 7, 2014
Drama within the lab. Unprofessional supervisors. Paid well and only required 8 hour night shifts. Hard to take paid time off.
Creative work environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Russellville, ARAugust 17, 2014
Pros: rarely at desk; perfect position for active employee.
Cons: unpredictable management.
Best part of position was working with the public in variety of capacity's from monthly luncheons with community to greeting card contest with local elementary school.
Main HR contact has her favorites
worker (Former Employee), russellvilleJune 4, 2014
Pros: its work
Cons: favortism by the main hr lady
Yep, She has her favorites when ever a position comes open. Especially in "her" department of HR.
Unit clerk, Admitting
Maternal/Child Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 21, 2014
Great team work, support of management. This hospital gives a small town feel.
Per Diem Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Lewiston, MEDecember 28, 2013
Pros: self scheduling in most cases.
I work on a unit that demonstrates team work and good communication skills.
I have learned many hands on skills for many types of patients that I otherwise feel I would not have gained with out being on the Medical/ Surgical floor.
A typical day can range from 3-5 patients per nurse ranging in acuity.
The most enjoyable part to working here is the sense – more... of community and the ability to make a difference in someones life and being recognized after being a patient advocate. – less
compassionate
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 19, 2013
Pros: always work to be done
Cons: seperated from the or and at night under staffed
a busy and fully equipped department. Learned a lot working here. you could say that my work experience gained from this position had truly made me successful.
Great place for great people to do great work.
Per Diem Radiologic Technologist II (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 28, 2013
Pros: advancement options, great team of people, great environment
Cons: 14 hour shifts can be a bit lengthy
I very much enjoyed working for this company. I felt very much part of a team with one unified goal. We worked well together in order to provide quality care in a timely and efficient manner.
Saint Marys is a good place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NevadaApril 4, 2013
Pros: the benefits of working at saint mary's and the people i meet.
Cons: wear and tear on my car in homecare.
My experience as an employee at Saint Mary's has been educational and life-changing. The places I worked were family oriented and supportive.
I worked with my coworkers cohesively to get the job done effectively and professionally.
The hardest part of the job is when we've done all we can and have to say 'goodbye' to patients.
The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is when I saw patients get better. – less
good place to work
Physical Therapist Aide (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great place to learn about people
Cons: new owner
great place to work with great employees and fair managers.fun job but hard especially lifting and wound care but very good experience.
Good first nursing job
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 23, 2012
Difficult to review as it has been 14 1/2 years since working there. I have heard over the years that the company has gone through many changes good and bad.
Stressful on a daily basis
Medical records processor (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 21, 2012
Pros: pleasant co-workers
Cons: bad management
Short staffed, favortism with a capital "F". If you weren't liked by your managers or director you were told "NO" to everything you asked for to help you succeed in your position. There is ALOT of dead weight through out that dept that holds it back and the administration knows who they are. Medical records needs a good clean sweep of people who have – more... been there longer than 20 years. – less
Christian environment was wonderful.
Executive Assistant to the Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 8, 2012
Pros: christian environment
Cons: company sold!
This company allowed me the feeling of helping those in need. The work force was wonderful and we all had a common goal of giving the patient and each other the best we had to offer. I enjoyed working with the Chief Medical Officer, the Chief Nursing Officer and the VP of Mission Integration. All wonderful and intelligent individuals.
Create Latino Health Programs and community Outreach
Spanish Community Educator (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: ability to bring small children to work.
Cons: little opportunity for advancement.
Develop and create Latino community health and outreach programs.
Teach community health courses. Partner with various community agencies to advocate health within the Latino community.
Working at Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center in Reno, NV
Admissions/Surgical Case Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 4, 2012
Pros: i live 5 blocks from the hospital
Cons: currently going through a takover by a new company.
I have loved working at St. Mary's for the past 4 yrs. I was the ED Case Manager for 3yrs. and had a wonderful relationship with Physicians and nurses. I am trusted and respected by all. I became the surgical case manager one year ago and loved this job as well, working with a great team. I am currently going to critical care to do case management and – more... will be working closely with the hospitalists once again. I have learned much about appropriate admission status, Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulation, DRGs, CPT Codes, denials, and even more about chart review. I have always had excellent communication and teaching skillls but this job has aloud me to expand this area of my expertise. I enjoy my job but do not feel that I am moving forward. I see no opportunity for growth toward a leadership role at this time and am currently working on my Masters in nursing leadership. I have had three managers since I have been in case management with only one having experience in case management. This is probably the most difficult part of my job because my co-workers and myself are knowledgeable in our positions. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I do possess the knowledge to do my job and my co-workers trust me. – less
Very fast paced work and challenging experience
Material Management Employee (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 11, 2012
Pros: challenging, improve communication skills, fast paced
Cons: short staffing
The day starts with organizing and planning how you will restock all the supplies in the hospital from the report sheet. The manager will go over what is urgent and what to look out for. It's very fast paced because it is a busy hospital. Sometimes I am with 2 partners, and sometimes just by myself. It requires a lot of things to memorize, to have sense – more... of urgency, and good telephone and face to face communications to work efficiently. The best part of the job is knowing that you did a good honest day of work, and being recognized for it by other staff. – less
A caring and productive oncology department
Junior Medical Physicist and Assistant RSO (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 21, 2012
SMRMC Radiation Oncology has a wonderful patient oriented work environment.
Fun workplace, Great co-workers
Coder's Clerk (Former Employee), Russellville, AR 72801April 2, 2012
Great company to work for. Friendly and well educated co-workers.