Saint Mary's University Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Loved interacting with all my students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 9, 2017
Registered Nurse with eleven years track record and wealth of experience in providing quality patient-centered care in a hospital setting and some experience in the home health care management. A broad range of healthcare experience and a comprehensive background including critical care-progressive care unit, pediatrics, medical surgical and orthopedics nursing and strong presentation skills. Able to multi-task and learn quickly. A goal getter and self starter who is adaptable and resourceful with exceptional problem solving skills.
Great teaching experience
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2017
Have been teaching for three years and really enjoy the environment and opportunities in the university. Have taught in the MA and PsyD program. Wish there was more opportunity to teach more PsyD classes
Poorly managed
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 16, 2015
Saint Mary's was poorly structured with no accountability for employees. There was a lot of passive aggressiveness. Most co-workers were very kind.
This has been my second employment with Saint Mary's University. It is joyfull to work there.
Campus Safety Office (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work starts with the officers on duty passing on information to me and my staff on what happened the shift before. We also have to read daily emails for requests from different departments on giving permission to students to use some of the rooms on campus, patrolling different areas, blocking off some parking lots as needed. Also, we provide immediate assistance to the entire campus as giving information on the phone, directing and transferring phone calls as needed as well as providing medical escorts, etc.

I learned another aspect of the campus on how to be alert at all times and paying attention to minimum details.

The management is very reasonable and they are very understanding when it comes to personal, health related issues. This is my second employment at Saint Mary's University and I am leaving in really good terms with my supervisors and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is being out when is really cold. The most enjoyable part of working there is the friends that you make and maintain.
Pros
Direct verbal contact with internal and external custumers.
Cons
Snow Removal
Very productive work environment
University Instructor (Former Employee) –  College of Business/ Graduate ProgramAugust 18, 2014
* dynamic management style
* diverse job culture
* challenging work assignments
Adjunct faculty working only in summers teaching graduate online courses.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 5, 2014
I taught at St. Mary's in the summers. My students were in a graduate program and all were teachers. I developed several classes that I taught there. The one I have taught multiple times is Social Media for Educators. Teaching online, I had little association with other teachers but could always get the help I needed through email. The hardest part of the job was connecting often enough online with my students in a face-to-face environment through Hangouts as students were busy and not always available. The most enjoyable part was watching the transformation in teacher's views about social media in their classroom.
Pros
Being able to work around my schedule.
Cons
It would be great to connect physically once but my students were several hours away from me.
Speedy Service
Mailroom Worker (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Mail was always delivered on time. Very organized and professional
Good experience in maintaining a lab
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNApril 11, 2013
I enjoyed working here (work study in college) because it gave me more experience in setting up laboratory exercises and also knowledge in how to correctly care for various pieces of lab equipment
Your Own Boss
Sports Commentator/ Webcaster (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 21, 2012
As a webcaster for athletic events, I ran the show with one other student. I was given the responsibility of being a voice for the university's athletic events and that was something to be proud of. If you are ambitious about trying athletic commentary, this job is for you.