Saint Michael's College Employee Reviews

Stressful Workplace
Fulltime teacher, Economics Discipline (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 28, 2017
Same answer with the College of Business Administration since College of Business Administration is part of Saint Michael's College. Being in Saint Michael's College was just part of my stepping stone to becoming a better person i am now. i was able to hurdle stress there.
Positive work environment
Library Cataloging (Former Employee) –  Winooski, VTJuly 5, 2017
Typically I would assist with book cataloging, relabeling books, and aiding students with library related issues. Management was friendly and engaging, providing me with skills in computer technologies and library organization. The best part of the job was the calm environment with a strong sense of independence.
Pros
Calm work space and positive employees
Cons
a humanistic institution to be sure
Writing and Business Instructor (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTJune 8, 2017
A very professional environment with dedicated people all around. Perhaps a complicated work culture: part hippie/part granola and part Amazon/Facebook/Apple -- you have to get it right the first time -- no human sloppiness, please... Support does exist for anyone feeling lost or disconnected.
Pros
beautiful campus; caring people
Cons
as with any institution -- institutional-- it goes with the territory
Interactive and educational environment
Research Internship (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 22, 2017
Worked with other students at the college regarding DNA Self Assembly research. We continued research which had already been started in previous years. A typical day at work involved research with textbooks, online sources, and finding algorithms for different problems posed. We also worked on a join paper and presented at a math conference.
Pros
Studied math, compensated travel, good peers
Cons
Only a summer job
Good Company
Chant Lab Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTMarch 21, 2017
I have worked at Saint Michael's College for 4 years and I have been enjoying it the whole time. The hours are good, the pay is good and there is understanding management.
Great Place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTMarch 14, 2017
Working and attending school at Saint Michael's College is a wonderful experience. There is a true sense of community and family that is present on the campus.
A great way to share my passion for writing with students and aid them in their writing skills.
Writing Coach (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed being a tutor for Saint Michael's college. I was able to watch students grow as writers and help them in that aspect of their college career.
Pros
diversity of student clients, good pay, flexible hours
Excellent Private College
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTApril 15, 2016
Saint Michaels College is a private institution that offers excellent courses in a variety of different majors. As a company, it cares about its employees.
Productive environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTMarch 2, 2016
Productive environment that allowed me to gain valuable experience in an office setting while also being able to get homework and studying done
Overall great place to work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTNovember 10, 2015
Overall great place to work!
good pay
good benefits
good work environment
community culture
good hours
nice employees
good time off
Decent place to work, good people to work with, not always the best management tactics
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 8, 2015
This job is very easy to do as a student. I was able to do my work and effectively work the job well. However the management is not always the best.
Pros
Time for other work/responsibilities
Cons
At times boring
A rewarding experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Buenos Aires, BOctober 21, 2014
The life of a teacher is more than just being an educator; it is being a mentor, a leader, a counselor, a role model, a person to lean on and various other roles that a person in this position has to adapt to.
Stepping stone into the job industry I want to move towards
Athletic Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Winooski, VTDecember 31, 2013
I am currently working towards advancing in the field of athletic communications/sports information which this internship is providing key information and guidance for but the compensation is not making it worth it at all. I feel like I am not moving forward in the internship and it makes the job very discouraging to go to every day.
Used on campus facilities to aide student learning
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saint Michael's CollegeApril 28, 2013
I meet with two students every week throughout the week. I provide them additional instruction in both courses as well as suggestions that could further aide them in the future.
Friendly Work Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTFebruary 13, 2013
Work study program promoted a great balance between studies and a work experience.
Pros
choose your own hours; paid lunch breaks