Saint Paul College Employee Reviews

Learning Environment
Blueprint and Math Trades Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 2, 2017
Working at school helped a lot to build relationships with instructors which allows you to learn a lot more. Working there also is a great way to make a little extra to help pay for school.
Engaging Enviornment and Great coworkers
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 31, 2017
Working in the Tutoring Center was a lot of fun. It consistently challenged my mastery of the subject matter and my ability to communicate it to other people. The students that came to us for help were willing to learn and engage, which made the job fun and rewarding, even if sometimes the students were difficult to reach. Our manager worked the tutor center with us, allowing us to bring things to his attention quickly and see results in a timely manner. My coworkers were genuinely interested in helping other students learn and were lots of fun to work with, creating a great atmosphere for everyone to learn and work at bettering their understanding.
Pros
Flexible Hours, great management, fun learning enviornment
Cons
have to be a student to work there
Saint Paul College
Associate Dean of Student Success (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 30, 2017
I worked at Saint Paul College as the Director of TRIO Student Support Services and later as the Associate Dean of Student Success. Saint Paul College continues to expand new innovative programs, train Minnesota's most diverse college student population for careers in high-wage/high-demand fields, and excels as a leader for enrollment growth and retention strategy in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there helping to build new programs, manage various state, federal, and private grants, and developing new student success programs to retain students through to graduation. It is an excellent place to work!
Peer Tutor
Certified Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 22, 2017
Volunteer activity through scholarship program, random student assignment for short-term educational support. Training was consistent with job demands.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Difficulty maintaining longer-term relationships with students in-need
great work place work out area, great outdoor area for studying
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 20, 2017
Assisting peers with home work, learning a verity of educational subjects,utilizing time management when assisting students with there studies so you are able to spreed yourself around to help each person as much as your can, work culture is very diverse, the hardest part of the job is not being able to spend your whole shift with one person because they are only allowed so many minutes a day. the most enjoyable part is being able to help each person accomplish getting so work done and leave with a better understanding of there assignments.
fun workplace
Testing center (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 27, 2017
Testing Center is really fun to work at because I get to help people with what they need and get to answer their question they have about the test and what their next step will be. Also the coworkers are interesting to work with and the manager is also fun to work.
Pros
The respect and break
Cons
no con
great place
work study student (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 22, 2017
I love this college great play to come as a student, I thought I would not like being here, but the college has changed so much for the better, I like being a work study student as well as a current student
Day to Day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 17, 2016
Overall everyone is great to work with. On a day to day basis I help students with their financial aid application online and scan in documents for processing.
Pros
Inside School where I attend
Cons
low pay rates and hours
fun work place
Parking Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 19, 2016
enjoyed working here. Great workers. A typical day at work would be coming to work, signing in, getting organized, and prepare for the children coming after or to after school.
Fun and productive workplace. Team Work.
Culinary Graduate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 24, 2016
Learning to cook from scratch, large batch made for challenging experience to prepare me for the tough cooking career ahead.

Want to know more about Saint Paul College?

Ask a question
tutor
Student Intern Virtual Reality Modeling (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 27, 2016
I created lesson plans
Tutored students on class work
No difficulty since it was something i enjoyed digital media and all.
Pros
freedom to the web and time to do homework
Comfortable enviornment
ASSISTANT WORKSTUDY (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 29, 2016
This job was amazing! My typical day at work was working with students and co-workers all day. When I am not working with a student or with my co-workers, I file papers into students' files, online and in folders. I learned how important it is to keep information confidential. Student trust me with their personal information and like everyone says, it's hard to earn someone's trust once you lost it. My co-workers are the bomb! They are very encouraging. They allow me to learn new opportunities such as work that I've never done or work that were related to my school program. My supervisor was there for me every steps of the way. There was really nothing very hard about this job. It was fun, friendly, and supportive. That's about the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Learning new tasks
Great Place for Work Study.
Assessment Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 1, 2016
Allows Balance between work and school.
when it gets busy, it gets busy.
when its slow. its dead.
Basic customer service kind of job.
Pros
Work while in school
Cons
weird clock in system.
great place to work
Help staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2016
this was a great place to work. coworkers are helpful and encourage each other. the leadership are fair and knowledgebale
Great place
IT Workstudy (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 13, 2015
Its a great place to work. Enjoyable and respectful coworkers. great bosses. i still work here and would love to keep going but i am only there on temp basis
a great deal of teachable moments
Financial Aid workstudy (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 27, 2015
i enjoyed helping my fellow students understand the financial aid process.I may needed to speed up the help but i like to take the so there is understanding of the process
Great Work Study
IT consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 30, 2014
Excelelent job while in college. I had to the ability to read and study during downtime.
Lead Parking Attendant
Lead Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2014
A wonderful place to work and go to school. If your someone who likes to help others and deal with a variety of situations this is the place for you. Everyday there is something new and exciting. Working with computers and parking lot machines is a plus also. This is a great job for someone who is looking to higher their education, and be in a friendly relaxed environment.
Pros
relaxed environment, variety
Cons
pay and ability to move up in the company, benefits
It Specialist
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 5, 2014
Tutored students in Microsoft programs. Asssited in IT issues.
Great place to learn a balance of computer networking and programming
Information Technology Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 3, 2014
Excellent Teachers, Positive atmosphere and wonderful group work.
I learned how to troubleshoot systems, both PC and Mac.How to efficiently image workstations as well as creating a secure environment within our networks.
Co-workers can be both a joy and a challenge to work with. I am flexible and learned much from a challenge. Sometimes the hardest part of the job can be learning patience, from co-workers to computer downtime, learning to work through an issue and finding a solution is paramount in business and it takes a special balance to be successful in both.
Most enjoyable for me is seeing a task through to completion and finding solutions for whatever the issue at hand is.
Pros
Great parking!