Saint Peter's University Hospital Employee Reviews

accurate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at saint peters is unpredictable of what might happen with the patients who come in you always have to watch your surroundings some patients are violent some are rude some don't listen at all but at the end of the day it all takes time to get use to I have learned that patients is the key, the management was good my co workers were all very helpful we all worked as a team, the hardest part of the job was to prevent urself from getting hurt by the patients and the most enjoyable part of the job was nobody complained.
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
no raise
team work and professional company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 24, 2016
you never no what to expect when you walk in to work , I learned to make people feel relaxed after acting inappropriate and out of hand ,the management was very professional , my co workers were very helpful when I needed backup with a patient or customer , the hardest part of the job was to keep calm after getting spit at yelled at and have self defense , the most enjoyable part of the job was the rewards we received at the end of the month .
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
not enough pay
Catholic Hospital with over 2,500 employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 10, 2016
An extremely corporate environment where administrative personnel are required to follow same guidelines as the clinical personnel. Benefits have steadily declined over the years. There is no bonus potential for mid-management and annual salary increases range between 1%-2%.
Pros
Free healthcare as long as you go to Saint Peters
Cons
Benefits, senior management, culture, advancement
Wonderful work culture
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 7, 2016
A day starts out with routine review of emails, voice mails, and mailbox notes. The diversity and cultural differences that require assistance makes every scheduled procedure a personal engagement. It takes patience, care and loyalty with each patient to deliver a unique experience that ensures the patient his time and needs are important to us.
The dedicated customer service staff who interacts daily with our patients are supported 100% by a dedicated team of managers who support, motivate, and lead. Staff are willing to go above and beyond to meet the organizations and patients expectations based on their leaders support.
Having a patient refer to me by my name is the most rewarding part of my day, as it tells me that I made a lasting impression on a patient who has other things on his mind than to remember me.
This is a great atmosphere to work in and grow a career.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
too few lunch options
not employee friendly
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job is anticipating the wants of the end users. Wonderful co-workers who are willing to assist others.
Pros
PTO
Cons
low wages, poor benefit package, limited growth opportunity not employee friendly, poor leadership.
Great unit providing exceptional care
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 15, 2015
Great patient care setting. Supports staff in earning advanced degrees. Great opportunities to learn as well as teach. Challenging patient population.
Pros
Supportive of educational advancement
Cons
Limited training when floating to other departments
Very cooperative workspace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 5, 2015
I was a volunteer here at Saint Peter's. Everybody is treated fairly and the experience gained by helping others is very eye-opening and amazing.
Pros
chance to make others happy
Cons
short breaks
we are a great team we work well together our pts and famalies are our priority always.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 27, 2015
our days start at 7:30am we see pts all day long we are a very busy doctors office our pts and family are treated with great respect they are always felt welcome it does not matter how many times they come in to visit heir physicians, understanding and knowing our pts and relatives needs a]is the most important task of my every day at work I enjoy coming to week.
their is no hard part in my daily work I enjoy what I do every day.
Pros
i get to have 1hour lunch when possibel
Cons
not being able to see pts due to ins, not being able to accept all inurance carries, not being able to have pts transfere their care to our physicians, not being able to reach out to some ins cos to help pts, not being able to provide pts with accurate information from ins cos
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 2, 2015
Rewarding experience. Very friendly staff members. Very professional climate. They are willing to go the extra mile to assist you.
One of the best children's hospital in New Jersey.
Medical Technologist (Chemistry/Hematology) (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 17, 2015
Saint Peter's University Hospital provides the best patient care especially for women, children, and cancer patients. Has leading edge technology in treating patients.
High pace and rewarding atmosphere.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 3, 2015
Great place to work and get your feed wet in the behavioral health field. High energy required to work with a wide range of patients from age 5 to 17. Group and individual therapy make the day exciting and challenging. Management is supportive and co-workers provide great support.
productive and fun to work
Patient Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 3, 2015
 Identifies and coordinates appropriate placement for all in-patient and out-patient admissions from the Emergency Room to the various nursing units, while ensuring quality, timely, cost efficient care and placement into the most appropriate level
of care.
 Ensures proper operation of company hardware, software programs, page, and phone handling systems.
 Able to troubleshoot and work with Information Systems.
 Ensures requests have been completed in an efficient and timely manner according to current departmental standards, priorities, and patient appointments.
 Understands and is able to determine, explain, and develop dispatcher logic and transporter activities.
 Answer a high volume of incoming calls and properly communicate with medical staff and patients in an appropriate and professional manner.
 Functions as a liaison between Patient Transportation and other departments.
 Collaborates with Physicians (during Direct Admission), Nurse Supervisor, Charge Nurses and the Critical Care Transport Team to prioritize patient admissions and transfers based on medical needs.
 Coordinates and expedites all patient bed utilization transactions in accordance with established clinical standards, guidelines and clinical knowledge of illness.
Saint Peters
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 28, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Saint Peter's for 8 years. I have enjoyed mostly the patients. Especially in Hem/Onc.
My experience in healthcare
Admitting Dept/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 22, 2015
I really enjoy working in the healthcare industry, I feel each day you learn alot more about healthcare. I enjoy helping patients very much & to put their minds at ease. I have worked here at saint peters for 14yrs, and I would like to move up the ladder in healthcare to learn more.
Pros
meeting alot of people
Cons
cost of health insurance & copays
Hardworking and career driven
SPD Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, New Jersey.August 7, 2014
I'm insistent on getting the job done correct the first time. I enjoy working with a team of people that are driven to do a great job for the organization. I strive on teaching people.
Pros
great leader. consistent with follow up and finding best practices. team player.
Cons
organization
Excellent Facility
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 28, 2014
I loved everything about St. Peter's. It has friendly staff, wonderful services, and offers great opportunities for everyone who is interested in getting involved.
Very good hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 15, 2014
If you are pregnant or have children, make sure to receive your care here!
Fun workplace,learn new things
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick NJJune 8, 2014
This place was my first job, and I love it here. The job is fun and and learn new things everyday. Yes it is the Emergency room and could get crazy, thats the job. It is even awesome to know you helped people that only speak spanish and I am able to translate.We should be recoginzed and be paid more.
Pros
very flexible
Excellent
Perinatal Sonographer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 14, 2014
Great place to work. Its a teaching hospital and our weekly ultrasound conferences are very educational, these are open to sonographers, residents and medical students. Excellent high risk OB department.
SPUH feels like a family organization
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 7, 2014
Great people to work with, Supportive and encouraging co-workers. Quality nursing staff.
Pros
able to educate patients & familes adequately
Cons
weekend requirement, second shift

Saint Peter's University Hospital Reviews by Location