Saint Peter's University Hospital

Saint Peter's University Hospital Employer Reviews

Excellent Facility
Intern (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJuly 28, 2014
I loved everything about St. Peter's. It has friendly staff, wonderful services, and offers great opportunities for everyone who is interested in getting involved.
Very good hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJuly 15, 2014
If you are pregnant or have children, make sure to receive your care here!
Fun workplace,learn new things
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), New Brunswick NJJune 8, 2014
Pros: very flexible
This place was my first job, and I love it here. The job is fun and and learn new things everyday. Yes it is the Emergency room and could get crazy, thats the job. It is even awesome to know you helped people that only speak spanish and I am able to translate.We should be recoginzed and be paid more.
Excellent
Perinatal Sonographer (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 14, 2014
Great place to work. Its a teaching hospital and our weekly ultrasound conferences are very educational, these are open to sonographers, residents and medical students. Excellent high risk OB department.
SPUH feels like a family organization
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 7, 2014
Pros: able to educate patients & familes adequately
Cons: weekend requirement, second shift
Great people to work with, Supportive and encouraging co-workers. Quality nursing staff.
Friendly enviroment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJApril 22, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: not a lot of help, not challenging enough
The time I spent at Saint Peters, I learned a lot. There were docotors, nurses, and techs from all different backgrounds that were extremely hard workers and we were all there for the same reason, to help the patients. We made it fun, and enjoyable. It was an easy job, not too challenging and that is one thing that I do like, I like being challenged. – more... The most enjoyable part of the day was always to see the patients satisfied and a smile on their faces. – less
Good Healthcare Organization
MANAGER, EMPLOYMENT/EMPLOYEE RELATIONS (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJApril 1, 2014
Good Healthcare Organization with many employees. Caring, trustworthy professionals with one goal in mind - taking care of the sick.
Registered Nurse
PICU-RN (Former Employee), New Brunswick NJFebruary 16, 2014
loved working children and making a difference with the families.
Slowly learned how to fix equipment and perform electrical checks.
BMET I - Volunteer (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 4, 2013
As a volunteer, I was not able to do a lot of things but i slowly learned some things such as performing maintenance checks and some electrical procedures. I set this volunteering internship on my own and the biomedical shop did not have an intern before, so there was no predecessor for me to learn things by.
good place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), east brunswickOctober 25, 2013
Pros: good place to work
More challenging when we have pt. with complex antibody and needed blood transfusion, to expertise our experience and knowledge to make it available for patient faster. All staff member work together and very friendly to each other. I have been working for 12 years and seeking for more challenging work to learn more and something more competitive.
Great experience!
Security Officer (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 13, 2013
I work at Saint Peter's University Hospital for about a year. This job taught me so many things about costumer service and caring for people. Here i was able to work with great people such as doctors, nurses, and patients. My main area where i used to work was the emergency room which was very busy at all times. Working at the emergency room help me – more... deal with stress when patients arrived sick. I was always able to maintain them happy and busy until they call to be seen. – less
They really care
Operating Room Nurse/ Preop Area Nurse (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 3, 2013
Great atmosphere fast pace. Coworkers were great as well as the surgeons you work along with.
nice hospital
Birth Records Registrar (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 4, 2013
great people and management is working its way up to excellency
productive workplace
Emergency Department Acess Representative (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJMay 3, 2013
a typical day at work includes registering patients in the emergency department at saint peters. i've learned how to verify insurance and verify eligibility for insurances i'm not familiar with. my coworkers are very friendly, helpful people.
Great co-workers
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 11, 2012
Very busy & phones constantly ringing
I learned to multi-task
I work well with my co-wokers, we are a team
I love getting to help people
productive and family orientated work environmen
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJSeptember 10, 2012
productive and family orientated work environment. The staff were excellent group of people who went out of their way to please and make sure the patients and family were comfortable at all times.
Its a very good hospital for patiants
Food and Nutrition (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJApril 27, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
its good and fun u learn growth,managers are very understanding,co-workers work as a team the hardest part is the hourly rate, and the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Great environment, socially, however was very sressful and management lacked support and leadership skills.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), NBApril 30, 2012
A typical day at work was usually busy but coworkers got along well and that helped our days go faster. I learned pretty much everything about my skill set as a medical technologist , about dealing with people from all areas of the hospital, loyalty and good work ethic. The hardest part of my job was the stress of reporting out very important test results – more... whuch directly affect a patient's life and health. The most enjoyable part of my job was the reward I felt for helping sick patients in so many different ways and many times, saving someone's life. – less