Saint Peter's University Hospital Employee Reviews

Great learning Experience
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 10, 2017
Started my nursing career in SPUH and loved my job for many years. Started as a staff nurse & after many years at the bedside moved up to management. It was a wonderful learning environment & a great foundation for building clinical skills. Glad I had this as a basis for my nursing career.
When new management took over it was never they same work culture & environment.
Pros
Great teaching/learning environment
Cons
Extremely busy - at times short staffed
The hospital is a great learning hospital.
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 30, 2017
Saint Peter's University Hospital is a great learning hospital for nursing students. The staff nurses are very attentive and patient with teaching students.
Very satisfying place to work
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 30, 2017
Enjoyed my time here. The environment was very friendly and everyone makes you feel like you are family. I would have loved to continue working for Saint Peter's University, however, I moved out of state.
Amazing hospital!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 17, 2017
This hospital has excellent work culture. Everyone is friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I was a volunteer there and they really appreciate our work.
Pros
free lunches
Fun play to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 15, 2017
temporary assignment, but great place to work.

Co-workers were great. The pay was on the low end, but I enjoyed the work and learned a lot in the short period of time that I was their.
Pros
salary
Cons
great environment
Excellent place to learn, I was to hone my skills.
Staff Nurse Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 27, 2017
St. Petee's was a place to learn many neccessary skills for a new nurse. Some of the staff werre friendly and supportive, but many resisted having a male amont their ranks.
A Nice Place to Work
Director of Pharmaceutical Services (Current Employee) –  PharmacyMarch 27, 2017
Saint Peter's University Hospital is a nice place to work.
Employees work together as a team in a friendly, collegial atmosphere.
Senior leadership is focused on establishing a solid foundation in the community, among larger hospital systems.
At Saint Peter's, you can practice or work in an environment that encourages both individual effort and solid teamwork.
Fun place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 22, 2017
Fun environment but very physically draining. Learned a lot from volunteering there. They give free lunches if you work a certain number of hours in a day and are flexible with hours.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Tiring
It is a great pleasure to work.
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 5, 2017
I went to work 11-7am shift. My child is waiting for me to get home to take her to school at 7.30 am .I was held by a patient for his IV so I was late home when I came home my kid is not home all doors are left opened. My co workers are nice. Staffing is a hard part of the job,
I am a nurse I am paid to do my work to take care of the helpless needy patients,
Pros
If i can get a lunch break.
Cons
Get little more money in my salary.
a staff nurse, a manager,and a director of nursing
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  medical surgicalDecember 24, 2016
For a typical day at work it will be stress free if the facility has child care. i had tough time with child care away from my work place when i had young children.i learned many things during my work to offer better care and good nurse -patient communication. My hard works and dedication in nursing made me a better manager in my personal life and professional life to handle better and worse day in my work. In nursing there is no end in work due to less work time and more patient demands. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient recover from their sickness and ready to say thank you for my care when they are at the time of discharge, and administors says thank you for the job well done.
Responsible for to oversee physician billimg and coding
Director of Physician Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 11, 2016
Rounding all outpatient areas and providing the highest level of customer service. Meeting monthly deadlines in order for timely completion of financial statements.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Demanding hours
A great place to work
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  New Burnside, njOctober 25, 2016
This is a hospital that has a niche for labor and delivery. If you like that specialty then this is the place for you. Excellent staff and a nice culture.
great work ethic
Nursing Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 8, 2016
I work great with the doctors and nurses by assisting them for patients care in the hospital. I complete and go above and beyond to complete a job task by the end of my shift.
accurate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at saint peters is unpredictable of what might happen with the patients who come in you always have to watch your surroundings some patients are violent some are rude some don't listen at all but at the end of the day it all takes time to get use to I have learned that patients is the key, the management was good my co workers were all very helpful we all worked as a team, the hardest part of the job was to prevent urself from getting hurt by the patients and the most enjoyable part of the job was nobody complained.
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
no raise
team work and professional company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 24, 2016
you never no what to expect when you walk in to work , I learned to make people feel relaxed after acting inappropriate and out of hand ,the management was very professional , my co workers were very helpful when I needed backup with a patient or customer , the hardest part of the job was to keep calm after getting spit at yelled at and have self defense , the most enjoyable part of the job was the rewards we received at the end of the month .
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
not enough pay
Catholic Hospital with over 2,500 employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 10, 2016
An extremely corporate environment where administrative personnel are required to follow same guidelines as the clinical personnel. Benefits have steadily declined over the years. There is no bonus potential for mid-management and annual salary increases range between 1%-2%.
Pros
Free healthcare as long as you go to Saint Peters
Cons
Benefits, senior management, culture, advancement
Wonderful work culture
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 7, 2016
A day starts out with routine review of emails, voice mails, and mailbox notes. The diversity and cultural differences that require assistance makes every scheduled procedure a personal engagement. It takes patience, care and loyalty with each patient to deliver a unique experience that ensures the patient his time and needs are important to us.
The dedicated customer service staff who interacts daily with our patients are supported 100% by a dedicated team of managers who support, motivate, and lead. Staff are willing to go above and beyond to meet the organizations and patients expectations based on their leaders support.
Having a patient refer to me by my name is the most rewarding part of my day, as it tells me that I made a lasting impression on a patient who has other things on his mind than to remember me.
This is a great atmosphere to work in and grow a career.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
too few lunch options
not employee friendly
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job is anticipating the wants of the end users. Wonderful co-workers who are willing to assist others.
Pros
Pto
Cons
low wages, poor benefit package, limited growth opportunity not employee friendly, poor leadership.
Great unit providing exceptional care
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 15, 2015
Great patient care setting. Supports staff in earning advanced degrees. Great opportunities to learn as well as teach. Challenging patient population.
Pros
Supportive of educational advancement
Cons
Limited training when floating to other departments
Very cooperative workspace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 5, 2015
I was a volunteer here at Saint Peter's. Everybody is treated fairly and the experience gained by helping others is very eye-opening and amazing.
Pros
chance to make others happy
Cons
short breaks