Saint Peter's University Employee Reviews

Working at the gym
Sports Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 12, 2017
I work with great coaches and a great group of girls. I help out at practices and games. I get to learn work with different people in the Recreation Center.
Great work place, surrounded by truly brilliant people
Jersey City, New Jersey- Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 30, 2017
I loved working there, even though it was a work study position doing independent research at the university. Wish I could have made it full time but I graduated and the department was too small to offer me a position. The small department is a positive thing because it provided much more intimate relationships with everyone.
Pros
work when you are able to
Cons
nothing
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 10, 2017
Great University! Great benefits for employees!

Good vacation time and great comrade at Saint Peter's. Awesome staff! The faculty and staff at Saint Peter's are very caring. It is like one giant family. The President is very generous with giving additional time off around the holidays!
GEMS Tutoring
GEMS Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 7, 2017
It was very relaxed, very flexible with my schedule, and friendly. I was able to help others as well as make new friends. I enjoy helping others and this job is a prime example of that.
Mail Clerk
Work study Student, Mail and Printing Services (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 24, 2017
A typically work day consist of being told to deliver mail, or packages to various apartments across the campus. At its core it was a very simple job. The difficultly was dependent of what I was carrying, I would say that the most enjoyable aspect of the job was the simplicity of the objective.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Great support
Student Assistance Women's Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 19, 2017
I helped the women volleyball coach. I developed leadership skills and responsibilities. Management is great. Workplace culture was very diverse and friendly. The hardest part of the job was finding places to go while traveling yet it was also the most enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was winning games and watching the girls put great effort into the team.
Pros
scholarship position
Cons
Limited gear for the team
Great library
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 14, 2017
Saint peters is great place to work.Awesome faculty and tremendous resources.Would recommend to seek employment there. Enjoy teaching students there.
Most amazing experience with helping the upcoming students to the university
Internship in Orientation team leader (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 29, 2017
Assist in guiding first year students and families through the nitial phases of transition to Saint Peter’s University
• Help facilitate the entire First Year Orientation Program
• Experience in presentation/public speaking, event planning, marketing
and management, conflict resolution, and mentoring.
Pros
Free food
Boring and slow
Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 10, 2017
I would work and the person would always bother me all the time. She was in charge of CASE and would never be in a good mood most of the time or be in an extremely good one, but she was old.
has great people
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 29, 2016
Great place to work , great people but poor management . They need to take better care of their employees . They should Stop over working employees and set realistic goals.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad management
Non Productive but no support from administration
Head Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 22, 2016
Even though the University has a credible degree, they have terrible facilities, disgusting dorms, no support from administration.
Pros
Great co-workers, hours fluctuate
Cons
Administration, facilities, housing, area around university
A small community, nice place to work
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 7, 2016
Busy but productive
I have become proficient in Excel
Evaluating incoming credits from other institutions is a big part of my job
Love recruiting
Very nice colleagues
Wish our salary was a bit more competitive for the time and work we put in
Enjoy working one on one with students, counseling them is my passion.
Pros
Lots of holidays
Cons
Salary is not competitive
Productive and fun work place
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 15, 2016
This company is great place to gain experience. You are treated like a working adult and nothing is sugar coated. Your role is clear and there are no questions otherwise. Training is great and there are people to assist you.
Love my job and the staff
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 2, 2015
I am blessed by a team with a lot of knowledge and support! I would highly recommend working here! It is important to feel valued where you work and here I truly do!
very fun atmosphere
Intern assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 2, 2015
working at this place was a very great experience. being able to reach out to help and teach children was something I enjoyed the most about this job
Pros
having fun learning with the children
Cons
not enough time to finish some projects
a great learning environment
Resident Assistant and Work Study (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 6, 2015
Saint Peter's University was the university that I attended for four in a half years. I learned from many professors, classmates, and co-workers. I loved being an RA (resident assistant) and meeting new students from all over the world. your school is supposed to teach about life both good and bad; and that i exactly what Saint Peters has done for me.
Pros
small classes, professors always available, open community, and activities for everyone
Cons
small school, you began to get used to seeing the same faces.
A place to grow and become productive
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2015
very organized and clean atmosphere, very professional and learning environment. People friendly, very diverse and multicultural.
Pros
networking
Cons
n/a
Scanning Papers
Director of Student Activities Office (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 26, 2015
I had fun in this program. An English Teacher recommended me to be one of the member in this program during my Junior year summer. I really had a lot of experience on this office.
I used to work in different campuses, not just one campus. I did a lot of work in this office, for example,
1.Leading large organization
2.Mobile technologies and services
3.Social media and networks
4.Agile development methodologies
And there are other things.
Pros
Superviosr was really nice person, the break was not that short.
Cons
It was just a program. I wanted to continue working in this office.
Productive and fun workplace with awesome people
Work-Study (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 5, 2015
The Co-op Office at Saint Peter's University is a great place to be. The staff is very nice and loves to help all of the students who come in. They always try to help students find the right internship or part-time job. The hardest part of the job is waiting for future employers to reply to emails or calls. However, the most enjoyable part is when students come to the office to announce that they have secured a good internship or part-time job.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 24, 2015
The most enjoyable of this job was to teach Spanish to diverse group of students. I like to develop exracurricular activities with them. Teaching students in higher education is a unique and differente experience every semester.
Pros
Improving skills in each course
Cons
The instruction period is too short