Saint Peter's University Employee Reviews

Love my job and the staff
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 2, 2015
I am blessed by a team with a lot of knowledge and support! I would highly recommend working here! It is important to feel valued where you work and here I truly do!
very fun atmosphere
Intern assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 2, 2015
working at this place was a very great experience. being able to reach out to help and teach children was something I enjoyed the most about this job
Pros
having fun learning with the children
Cons
not enough time to finish some projects
a great learning environment
Resident Assistant and Work Study (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 6, 2015
Saint Peter's University was the university that I attended for four in a half years. I learned from many professors, classmates, and co-workers. I loved being an RA (resident assistant) and meeting new students from all over the world. your school is supposed to teach about life both good and bad; and that i exactly what Saint Peters has done for me.
Pros
small classes, professors always available, open community, and activities for everyone
Cons
small school, you began to get used to seeing the same faces.
A place to grow and become productive
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2015
very organized and clean atmosphere, very professional and learning environment. People friendly, very diverse and multicultural.
Pros
networking
Cons
n/a
Scanning Papers
Director of Student Activities Office (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 26, 2015
I had fun in this program. An English Teacher recommended me to be one of the member in this program during my Junior year summer. I really had a lot of experience on this office.
I used to work in different campuses, not just one campus. I did a lot of work in this office, for example,
1.Leading large organization
2.Mobile technologies and services
3.Social media and networks
4.Agile development methodologies
And there are other things.
Pros
Superviosr was really nice person, the break was not that short.
Cons
It was just a program. I wanted to continue working in this office.
Productive and fun workplace with awesome people
Work-Study (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 5, 2015
The Co-op Office at Saint Peter's University is a great place to be. The staff is very nice and loves to help all of the students who come in. They always try to help students find the right internship or part-time job. The hardest part of the job is waiting for future employers to reply to emails or calls. However, the most enjoyable part is when students come to the office to announce that they have secured a good internship or part-time job.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 24, 2015
The most enjoyable of this job was to teach Spanish to diverse group of students. I like to develop exracurricular activities with them. Teaching students in higher education is a unique and differente experience every semester.
Pros
improving skills in each course
Cons
the instruction period is too short
Nice enviroment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 21, 2014
Great place to work, but very little room for growth. Nice location close to the city.
Relaxed intellectual environment
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 21, 2014
I would usually lecture early in the morning during the course of the semester and would continue until no later than 12pm. Along with being in class three days a week I had ample time to prepare my lectures and then volunteer as an assistant coach for XC/Track and Field. However, the hardest part of my duties centered on exams/midterms/finals. Lecturing was not difficult it was administering exams since I had to grade each one and given that many were in essay format they were time consuming but felt it was necessary as to assist students in developing critical thinking skills. I enjoyed the environment since it was very relaxed, it is academia and therefore I always had the chance to discuss current policy issues and legal theory with some of my colleagues. I learned how to manage and run a classroom which is something I did not see myself doing and completely enjoyed the experience.
Pros
lecture three days a week, ample time to prepare lectures.
Cons
difficult to advance beyond adjunct or associate level if not a phd or phd candidate.
Extraordinary place to work; enjoyed the students particulary
Vice President Finance and Business/CFO (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 29, 2014
EXCELLENT; Small college with a big heart; colleagues were excellent
Educator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 25, 2014
Saint Peter's University is both my current college, as well as my place of employment during the academic year. Throughout my time at Saint Peter's I have help various positions, paid and unpaid. Overall, the working environment is pleasant and positive.
It was a good job
Blood Drive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Helped with blood drives and coordinated them
assisted students with community service
It was a productive and relaxing work environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 18, 2013
A typical day at work would be to greet the professors.students when walking into the office, i would ask if they needed help with anything and if so i would assist them with it. I worked with another student in the office. We both had work to do every day, whether it was to copy files or to assist professors in the classroom, or help host sociology based events.
Maintain liberal arts culture and Jesuit Catholic mission
Secretary II- Office of Academic Dean, CAS/SBA (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 18, 2013
proved educational backgrounds necessary to accomplish great goals
Pros
community environment
Productive with a great environment
worker (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 8, 2013
Working at Saint Peter's is a great way to build up your skills on working in an office and working well with others.
Resident Assistant
Student Life and Development (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 3, 2013
Being a Resident assistant has definitely helped me to become more responsible and reliable. Helping and guiding students in the right direction made more knowledgeable to people of a variety of cultures. it was sometimes very challenging but people who remain being Resident Assistant will tell you it's their passion to help people.
Productive workplace for both the student and the tutor; there is never a waste of time
Advanced Biology and Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 18, 2013
As a biology and chemistry tutor, I normally work with freshmen and sophmores in their introductory science classes. I start by asking what kind of material they have been working on and how it is presented in class. I often notice that presentation is a key factor in a student's absorption of material. Depending on how much work the student needs my assistance in, my time with them can last from half an hour to two hours. I tend to work with each student one on one, and each student must set up a time slot where they will be coming in.
If I don't have any prescheduled appointments with any students, I still come into work and concentrate on the school work I need to get done. Access to computers and printers allows all tutors who don't have students to accomplish their work. The Center for Advancement of Language and Learning never allows you to waste time. This is one of the most beneficial aspects of this job. Being on the track and field team at my university as well already requires large sacrifices in time, so having an allotted time for my school work helps me stay on track and get things done. Since a considerable amount of athletes work as tutors as well, our supervisor, Barbara Melchione, is understanding in missing a day of tutoring for sports and is rather supportive in our outside commitments.
There are also a variety of tutors that come in at the same time so if I ever have a question on my own class work, I find it very helpful that there are other students present with different stregnths to assist me as well.
Being a science tutor further helps me cement my
  more... knowledge in the material. Teaching the material to another student allows me to remember material I would have forgotten if I wasn't going over it everyday. I find this very enjoyable because it really helps me in my other science classes where I have to reflect back on prior knowledge.  less
Great Work Environment
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 25, 2013
Large yet small place to work for. You gain ton of experience working for a small institution. I was able to learn ad grasp a lot from my position.
A fun place to work
Admission Specialist/Work-Studies Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 5, 2012
>A typical day at work is making sure the work-studies are on board with the staff, in addition to getting the undergraduates and transfers applicants applications onto the database, and the SRM cloud. Since, the storm we have over 1,000 applications coming in daily with the mail.
>I have learned a great deal from the University, because I had received my degrees from Saint Peter’s University.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
salary not fitting for the work load

4.4