Saint Thomas Health Employee Reviews

Pharmacy is terrible.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 29, 2017
Terrible management. I was in the pharmacy. Everyone running around Ike chickens with their head cut off. Everyone I worked with was rude and did not want to help a new hire whatsoever. I do NOT recommend this job to ANYONE. stay away.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Terrible coworkers. Food is awful. Rude people work there.
Love the mission!
Annonymous (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2017
I love that I finally work for a place that cares more about their patients than the bottom line. There is definitely stress, but no more than anywhere else I've worked. Not sure how Ascension changes might effect everything, but I've loved working here.
Pros
Free Parking, awesome cafeteria, great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no bonuses
Ok job
Administrative Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 19, 2017
This is an ok job for acollege student.. Pay is not good, and will not pay basic bills; all of management is new, u basically do a nurses job, without the pay
Healthcare system with great community outreach
Webmaster (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 19, 2017
Saint Thomas Health is known for its great outreach to the community, bringing free and reduced cost healthcare to the people in areas that need it the most. Sponsored Medical Missions to numerous underserved areas of the region provide a vital service to those who would not otherwise receive valuable healthcare services.
Fast pace. High Stress
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Thomas Rutherford HospitalApril 25, 2017
Fast pace doesn't begin to describe my position in emergency room in recent years. Busiest emergency room in Tennessee (sometimes in 2nd place to Memphis e.r.) Prefer weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Great teamwork.
Cons
Patient volume outgrows amount of staff as they add staff.
Decent pay, terrible work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 2, 2017
Working here at first was a pleasure. The pay was good because on Nightshift you get a shift differential as well as the weekends. But management is not professional. So many things were going on at work including gossiping from our lead phlebotomist and supervisor, but nothing was ever done about it when it was brought to the attention of our boss. And if the lead or supervisor didn't want you there, you will be gone. No wonder they can never keep anyone there because it's too much pettiness going around from our leaders. So apply at your own risk. And if you do, you won't be there for long unless you enjoy gossiping about your coworkers and getting them fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervisor, lead phlebotomist, boss, short staffed
Fast paced, ever changing job with great rewards..
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2017
What a great group of people to work with...I am blessed..I learn something every day..The staff really cares about what they do and the people they serve..
Pros
Opportunity to learn something new every day
Family, Fun, Spiritual Place to work
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 12, 2017
For my employment with Saint Thomas, it was a temp position through Cameron Staffing in Nashville,TN.

I worked in the Employee Health Department as the only Human Resource Coordinator in the department.

A typical day started early (7am). My main responsibility was to provide new employees with their orientation information, ensure that photos for their ID badges were complete, process I-9 documents, provide testing to those who required it and assist in other areas where I could.

The management team was supportive, friendly,and more of a family environment where everyone helped each other.

Saint Thomas West is a great place to work and I would recommend them to anyone who asked,
Pros
Good Balanced Environmentt
Cons
My contract ended
stressful, not fun, could not wait to leave
RN (Former Employee) –  Midtown, TNDecember 11, 2016
nurse/patient ratios too high to be safe. uncaring management, unsympathetic co-workers, very un-fun environment, never felt valued or appreciated by management. glad I found another job!
Pros
Cons
pay too low for experienced nurse, ratios too high, would not recommend this area in this hospital
Really enjoyed the people I worked with
RN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Nurse patient ratios were always high, seemed to be constant shortage of rn's and care techs. No micromanaging and had supportive managers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Heavy patient loads
Former Midlevel
Midlevel practitioner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2016
Management is shady with the way they treat staff, ask for one thing, then change it and lie about what they asked for to begin with. Be as specific as you can be in the interview about job requirements, hours, days, and support staff. Get it in writing!!
Benefits
Cons
pay and management
Terrible work environment
Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2016
I worked for the sleep center and the work environment was quite hostile. Management and lead techs created a sexually charged atmosphere and constantly belittled employees. My experience at St Thomas was terrible.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, harassment, hostile work environment, belittling of employees by management
Great Coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2016
I am blessed to work amongst such a robust and innovative group professionals. A collaborative effort is used to make the client experience one that is truly excellent.
Best Job I Have Ever Worked At
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2016
Typical day was doing all credentialing for my physicians and obtaining all of their hospital privileges. Everyone was so nice there and I loved working there. I just wish they had not have moved the office to North Nashville. Loved this job.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
None at All
Unprofessional and dangerous
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas West and RutherfordApril 3, 2015
I worked for St. Thomas West and St. Thomas Rutherford for several years and watched it deteriorate over the past few. It makes me sad that so many good people can get treated poorly and cast aside without a care. I was and am a Pharmacist.
Pros
Many procedures and much equipment
Cons
Management, unflexible, uncaring
only good thing about this company is benefits and they are that great
Pharmacy Tech I- certified (Former Employee) –  Saint thomas west D&T buildingMarch 15, 2015
This place was a nightmare. I worked in the pharmacy and they played favorites big time. The lead tech on days is extremely rude. The director of pharmacy is the wicked witch of the west. Really nice to your face and turns around and stabs you in the back. Doesn't train you correctly. Oh let's not forget how one person can miss a whole week with no consequences but if your not a favorite you might as well quit. They say they are faith based, what a crock of bull. Also landed in the er and left with phlebitis and cellulitis and some weird infection in my arm... BEWARE!!!
benefits
Cons
management
Only good thing about this job is benefits.
Phlebotomist (Saint Thomas Midtown) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2015
I worked nights so we did all the morning labs. The night shift supervisor was a nightmare. They couldn't keep anybody on that shift so it would end up being 2 of us...doing 120+ draws...that needed to be done within 5-6 hours. Than you have to hurry, and than you get written up for not spending enough time with the patients to make them happy. The supervisor plays favorites, some are given much more work than others. She recently got promoted from shift lead to phlebotomy supervisor, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to that job (the pay is really bad anyways). Since I've left, I've ran into a lot of the lab staff from every shift that has left because of her. Be ready to kill your back, work holidays, and deal with a loud, in your face supervisor.
Pros
Benefits, good learning experience
Cons
Management, pay, work holidays
DNK was a big disappointment.
CT (Former Employee) –  NashvilleJanuary 17, 2015
Very misleading and confusing. Not at all what I thought . Disappointed on so many levels. Wish it never happened. Worst waste of time ever. Beware of this one.
Pros
FT was good. Great place to eat.
Cons
Everything else.
Good Experience
EMT-IV (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2014
I did have the opportunity to learn various hands on skills. Saint Thomas Health offered great benefits as a full-time employee.
Overall review
Supervisor Office Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2014
This job was long ago, but I enjoyed my working in the position and learned the importance of effective management. Co-workers were great and, too, enjoyed their jobs. I held several positions there, like with Heritage Medical Associates, I enjoyed every one of them, moving up.
Pros
Advancement and environment
Cons
I can't think of any at this time