Saint Vincent Hospital

Saint Vincent Hospital Employer Reviews

Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: anuual bonus in paycheck
Cons: working every other weekend and holidays
Saint Vincent Hospital is an excellent place to work, however I am seeking employment in Boston, MA.

A typical day of work starts with a morning community meeting in which patients are encouraged to share their goals for the day. As a Mental Health Counselor I fascillitate the groups are chart in the electronic records. Throughout the day we lead topic – more... groups in which different subjects regarding mental illness are discussed. I also meet with patients who request to talk one-on-one. After our meeting I chart the notes in the electronic record and communicate information with other counselors and nurses.

My coworkers and I work as a team and also look our for each other's safety particularly when there is high acuity in the unit for violence and restraints. Performing restraints is the most diffcult part of my job but fortunately they do not occur often.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others. – less
Informative and Educational
Food and Beverage Rep (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Saint Vincent. I usually worked 4-8 hours shifts. I learned about special diets. I loved my coworkers-most were students. The hardest par of the job was learning the various diets. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the hospital patients.
Great learning experience
RN STAFF (Former Employee), Ny, New YorkJune 17, 2014
it was a typical Hospital job. Excellent working relation with co-workers.
Valeted Cars, lead operations
Lead Valet Attendant (Former Employee), 123 Summer St Worcester, MA 01606June 16, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: advancement meant moving to boston
Starting at 6:30am you would check that all machines were working and trouble shoot as needed. Check in with morning cashiers to confirm they hadn't run out of change. Valet cars as they pull in. The afternoons would get very busy, which was both challenging and extremely enjoyable. The management was great there too. We always had a higher up within – more... a radio's reach at all times. Co-workers there we very close. We had to be; we worked with each other to keep the entrance of the hospital clear and communication was a must so all we carried radios. The hardest part of this job was being outside no matter what the weather was. Also, I would commonly work overtime which ran into late hours and I had to be back for 6:30 the next morning. The best part was how we worked like a well oiled machine. It was almost like synchronized swimming on wheels. – less
Demanding Work Environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Erie, PAJune 9, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: pay
There is a lot of responsibility at Saint Vincent Hospital. Customer service reps are expected to know a variety of diets, and make sure that patients get the proper food that coincides with their diet.
great
Staff Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 7, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: hard work, but rewarding
the work hours were good, but the pay was not. As a LPN my pay was very low compared to other LPN jobs.
Great teamwork
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 28, 2014
Excellent team effort and compassionate nursing care is evident at Saint Vincent.
taking care of patient sis what i love doing
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 1, 2014
working in a hospital setting was a good experience for me, working with diferent people different cultures and baxkgrounds teached me a lot. taking care for patients is what i enjoyed the most in the hospital.
Kind and hardworking individuals that go above and beyond to help others.
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Kind and hardworking individuals that go above and beyond to help others.
Excellent work environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Erie, PADecember 2, 2013
I've achieved great skills at this hospital to utilize to help others.
Nice environment to work , work as a team with others
Psychiatric Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Worcester, MANovember 20, 2013
I still am working there at Saint Vincent Hospital however our unit downsized and my hours got cut. Typical day treatment tem meetings, initial evaluations of patients , one on one treatment and treatment groups, documentation, discharge planning. The most enjoyable part of my day is running treatment groups and being able to set goals with patients – more... and help them meet their goals and see them get better. – less
Loves that everyone works as a team. Makes the day go faster and helps everyone to get along.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 11, 2013
A typical day at work is everyone is getting along and working hard. I learned when you work hard the more work you will get done. your co-workers should always be on your team to make things more soother and an good environment to work in.
I loved working for this hospital
Certified Nurse Midwife (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMay 28, 2013
Pros: friendly, supportive staff
The compensation was fair. My colleagues were knowledgeable and friendly.
Unsatisying
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 10, 2013
I registered patients in multiple locations. the managament and morale were poor.
Great Job!
house keeper (Current Employee), indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: work hours
Cons: no health benefits
A typical work day at Saint Vincent includes cleaning, organizing, and any work my supervisor needed.
PRIVATE HOME CARE
CNA AND CAREGIVERS (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2012
I ENJOY WORKING WITH PATIENTS , HELPING TALKING CARE OF SENIORS
I would not recommend working at this hospital
Nurse Practitoner Prenatal Clinic (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 14, 2012
Pros: hospital benefits
Cons: see
The company is a for profit hospital, so their main focus is making money for their stock holders. Their Operating Room is Very inefficient; surgeons never run on time because of slow turnover which results in their being late for office sessions. Management is in too many layers & the mid-mangement has so much turnover, that reviews of managers get – more... delayed. In the 4 yrs I worked there, there were 2 CEO's, 2 CNO's, & 2 COO's. The organization advertises their commitment to quality patient care, however their commitment to the community is very limited. They have no representation to the Infant Mortality Reduction Task force & no relationship with the March of Dimes, all related to the leadership in their Center for Women & Infants. Their Prenatal Outreach Clinic for indigent women has closed as they eliminated the job of the Nurse Practitioner there in favor of having a Midwife whom they have had difficulty finding & hiring. That job was eliminated as a cost saving measure along with 100 other jobs to most likely fund their new Cancer center building due to open in Dec. 2012. There was no commitment on the hospital's part to market the clinic & consequently, the productivity numbers were not where the hospital wanted them. The hospitalist PA's are overworked, underpaid & are not appreciated or recognized for their contribution to patient care.
It was a very frustrating position there without much support from administrators or managers. The best part of the job was contributing to the health & well being of a needy population. – less

July 31, 2012

I would not recommend working at this hospital especially in the Pharmacy Department. The people in this department are out to get one another and this is not a very good environment to work in. The hospital is all about money and making money and don't care about the help. It's all about the ''budget''.

Great experience and learning enviroment
Admission and Cross-Covering (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 11, 2012
Pros: excellent team to work with
It is a growing hospital, with excellent medical provider. Enjoyed working with the group and dealing with different cases everyday.
beautiful place to work
pca (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 15, 2012
good place to work with magnific people thatyou like to be around.
i like working with my co-workers
cna (Former Employee), Erie, PAMarch 17, 2012
Pros: only at holidays
Cons: the breaks were very good
the hospital was a very nice to work for. theworkers are very nice and pleasant to be with.