Saint Vincent Hospital

Saint Vincent Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace,fast-paced,unlimited ptential of advancement
Registered Nurse-Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 9, 2016
Professional and respectful place to work, friendly ,hard-working team members,worked 12 hour shifts, never a dull moment.
Pros
Respectful and Professional workplace
Cons
N/A
Very busy environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy and stressful. I learned how deal with many different ages and people and personality. Management at this job was great. The co-workers got along well and work as a team. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all protocols. The most enjoyable was keeping so busy.
Awful
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 27, 2016
Awful place to work. Employees are treated extremely poorly. I would recommend standing on a corner before working at Saint Vincent Hospital.
Saint Vincent was an amazing place to work
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 17, 2016
I loved working at Saint Vincent Hospital with the nurses and doctors. The teamwork there was amazing. No one ever put themselves above anyone else. Hardest part about working at the hospital was when patients would pass away during an operation giving us no options to revive. Many of the skills I learned while with the hospital I put to use when I went for my Medical Assistant degree.
job that stagnate the employee
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 30, 2016
a job that don't offer any challenge to employees, the same routine every day. the management do not care about employee, and do not care if the person advance as a professional. the only think cares is having someone in a position. the don't promote the importance of getting a better education.
Pros
very estable
Cons
low payment, stagnate the employee, coworkers not the best
This hospital puts their employees last
Sonographer-Full Time (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 27, 2016
I have worked in Ultrasound for over 20 years and have been in the medical field since I was 18 years old.
I have worked for Saint Vincent Hospital for over 11 years. This hospital was a great hospital to work for, until Tenet bought this hospital from Vanguard a couple of years ago.
Tenet decreased our benefits and took away our insurance and gave the employees an insurance that only allows their employees to get care at their hospital.
People who now work at this hospital have been stressed and angry on a daily basis. Very difficult place to work.
Management is always stressed due to the pressure the hospital puts on them and then management takes it out on their co-workers.
The doctors/Radiologists at Saint Vincent Hospital are wonderful to work with and i have learned a lot from them. These doctors are payed through Brigham and Women's hospital in Boston Ma. and they are a huge asset to the hospital. I was able to perform high risk OB. These doctors would teach great procedures to the techs and residents under them. They are great teachers.
My most enjoyable part of the job is the patients and interacting with them. I love what i do but i would love a different atmosphere at this time in my life.
I'm holding out for a OB/GYN office job. This has always been my dream job.
Pros
Great teaching hospital
Cons
Hospital doesn't take good care of their employees. Horrible benefits
Productive work place the that requires worker input
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 20, 2016
Serve patients food based on their diet on the patient floors. You get to learn diet, menus, what people can or cannot eat and customer service.
Pros
Experience, pay, amount of hours
Cons
Workers, uniforms
excellent place to work
Medical Secretary Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 15, 2016
Good place to work, excellent environment. would definitely recommend to others. Family medicine is a great place to work, great doctors and family friendly environment. The residents are also great to work with.
Pros
great place
Cons
low pay
Deadend Job
Central Processing Tech/Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 2, 2016
Worked 3 years in CPD. No team work. 20 cent raise in 3 years. No one even knows the central processing department exists or what they even do. The manager was never anywhere to be found only coming down when she had something negative to say about the work. Under staffed and over worked. Breaking osha laws in the decontamination area (80) degrees. Bad working conditions. Oh and every other hospital in AHN is a union and they make much more than the employees at Vincent. Bunch of greedy corporate business men and women running the company.
Pros
Cons
Work environment, no team work, no leadership, terrible pay
Bad Experience
Food and Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2016
Management sucks really bad. They do not listen at all and they do not work with you. Six people had recently quit in the past six months due to management mistreating their employees. The hospital is overall a good place but the department of Food and Nutrition is very disorganized.
Pros
The money
Cons
Mangement
Learn to appreciate life !
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 21, 2016
Some work days pretty easy, not to many emergencies, others times very crazy. All kinds of life emergencies, nurses and doctors appreciate the help your can extend providing a helping hand. Rewarding cause you helped the nurse, sadness for the sick, joy for those who leave the facility and feeling appreciated for the thank you!
Pros
Helping the sick and helpless
Cons
smells, body fluids and waste
It was nice working there
Front Desk Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 3, 2016
Check in Patient, make appointment, answering phones, retrieving messages from night service and scanning medical documents orders.
Pros
had drinks while we arw working
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting workplace
Patient observer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 15, 2016
I observer up to 5 patients at a time whether it be for their mental health status, suicidial and etc.. Its a different experience everyday depending on the patient. Patience is the key to get you through the day.
saint vinecent hospital life
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 9, 2016
Secure the all area of the hospital areas.
Learn to work with co work.
management was good an bad.
there lot just post to work at lobby, ER room.
Pros
learn help out people
Cons
long hours standing in just one spot
Fun with coworkers but bad when management is around
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 20, 2015
You can't do anything the way you want it to be done even if it makes sense management will have you go out of your way to do something because it is the way they want it to be done. They don't listen to suggestions and they will cut your pay or treat you like cr*p or change your position so you will quit or are fired so they can hire a new person at a lower pay.
Pros
Coworkers are nice and fun
Cons
Hours and Management and standing ALL day
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 8, 2015
This hospital was the beginning of my interest in healthcare. I began working there as a CNA on a medical floor. I eventually moved on to the emergency room where I learned so much and experienced what it was to work in a hectic but rewarding environment. This department is a stressful point of contact for patients coming in and it sees its very challenging scenarios, however at the end of the shift one leaves with a sense of accomplishment. Providing comfort to sick people and their families has its downside but your humanity is tested and it helps when one is part of a hard working and caring team. I also worked in the Cath lab as a scheduler and later a materials coordinator. Those positions provided me with growth in important areas like quality control, vendor communication and planning and the medical knowledge I acquired was amazing.
Happy people
Medical Assistant - Per Deim (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 3, 2015
I am proud to be employed by the best Medical Group in the world.
I love working with all the people and enjoy being a Medical Assistant.
Pros
Best people
Cons
Need full time
Satisfied with this workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2015
I enjoy the work itself that I do. I have never had a job that I don't like as a nurse. However, a typical day of work here is very exhausting. The staff they do have, they pay good to keep around, but they are not good at hiring new help. We are ALWAYS working shorthanded, and the good staff is quitting because they are exhausted, not because they aren't paid well. Management listens well and cares, and do their best to address our concerns.
Pros
Approachable management
Cons
Overworked
challenging
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner,NICU (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2015
Initially work here was great-hard but challenging in lots of ways but always moving forward and taking unit to a better place. Over past few years has been a decline in management and patietn care as well as a non-professional relationship between nursing, NP and medicine which at times is hostile
Great place to work!
Current Ongoing Unpaid Internship (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 3, 2015
Management was great. Constant professional development and good communication. Co-workers were respectful and worked together when need be. Most enjoyable part of the job was all the great people I got to meet throughout the years I have worked there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
constantly understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Vincent Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.