Saint Vincent Hospital Employee Reviews

Love it
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 9, 2017
Best coworkers and very clean friendly people oriented facility. Always patient oriented . Always fun and exciting days at work.. Very understanding
Pros
Cafeteris
valet attendant
valet attendant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 3, 2017
Fun fast paced environment
Able to build a rapport with customers as well as the doctors
everyone was very helpful and fun to work with
a real team atmoshere
Pros
fast paced
14,16 and 18 hr shifts!
Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  9 NorthJuly 7, 2017
No Life Balance!! All work, no family time. Turn over rate very high. Unrealilistic Nursing measures due to short staffed always! Did not even get to eat food during 14,16, 18, 19 hr shifts. Became size 4 and malnourished. Was told on Stroke unit that Nurse to Pt Ratio was 1:4.. NEVER..it was more like 6-8 Pt's every shift! Worse job I ever had:(
Pros
Cons
Understaffed really bad
ER Employee
Critical Care Technician (per diem) (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 6, 2017
The work environment is busy, fast paced and sometimes chaotic. I enjoy the work and experience, but the pay and benefits offered for the job scope are very unfair.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Horrible pay and benefits package
A lot of hard work without enough compensation
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 30, 2017
*Disclaimer:I worked part-time, full-time is much different and it includes benefits and healthcare as well as other things* The workplace was almost always too chaotic and unorganized. You're expected to work more than you can (if you're a student at least) even if you've specified when you can and can't work. When you do work more, you still only are getting paid minimum wage (it was around $9.30 when I was there) and don't receive/earn any sick time etc. This makes managing your job, schooling, and social life extremely difficult (at least for me).
This hospital is a awesome hospital to work in
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 25, 2017
In saint vincent hospital I get hear at 6:45am 3 days a week and come to look at my assignment and start my day. As I work in the field everyday I learn something new as we get different patients everyday. Everything is organized and handel quickly. This department is like a family we work as a one big team. The hardest part of this job is when you cant get something done in the timing that the doctors would ask you because something is always missing or when the nurse gets frustrated and blames the techs for something that we had no fault in but as a team we out grow it and fix it together. The part I love most about my job is making my patients smile and most importantly saving a life of a love one.
From the short time I was there, I learned a lot about asset management
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 10, 2017
Probably the best temp position I had tried in the finance field. I learned more in 3 months than any other positions that lasted longer. Had they not hired from within the company, I was the top candidate for the position, and would have loved to stay on.
Manager is horrible
CMA (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 9, 2017
You run all day long, extremely busy practice which is severely understaffed. Oh and the employees can not be trusted at all. There are certain people that get special treatment over others. Manager of office is horrible. She does not even know how to manage a practice..
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Felt like i was working with a bunch of kindergartners
enjoyed all three rotations as a student nurse, great preceptors!
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 8, 2017
Did three rotations as a student nurse at this hospital and learned a great deal from every single staff member that I was lucky enough to have contact with. Great hospital with wonderful learning experiences
Overworked and Underpaid
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 7, 2017
Work all shifts even with 20 years of service.
Short staffed CONSTANTLY!
Forced overtime.
Lays off high quality, experienced nurses for cheaper new grad nurses.
All about the money and not about patient safety.
Pros
Cons
Poor mangement
Fun work place.
RN (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part about working in the pacu was working in lunches most days, unlike other units where it was much more unlikely to get lunch on a regular basis.
Clean environment
Surgical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 18, 2017
Clean Hospitol professional and friendly staff hard workers knowledgeable of job duties years of experience good teaching Hospitol good lace to work would recommend .
Pros
Provides experience through teaching
Cons
On call and off shifts
So far so good
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2017
Excited to be working at such a large hospital. As a for profit facility they are extremely focused on money. Nurses and other staff members are enjoyable to work with.
Quality care hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 9, 2017
Very busy hospital. Workload heavy at times but good staff support which helps provide quality patient care.Educational. Resources always available. Learning culture of teaching hospital.
Pros
Staffing, Quality pt care, Salary
Cons
Traveling distance, Biweekly payroll
productive
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
I would not recommend anybody to work for environmental service for this hospital the mangers are so disrespectful an different departments like sertent people to work in there departments an the managers make you not want to come in to work its like you are turning yourself in
Pros
good binifits
Cons
short breaks
Felt like family
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 18, 2017
Very pleasant and supportive work environment. Co-workers felt like a tight-knit family. Excellent benefits. Considerate and flexible schedule. Wonderful environment to work and learn.
good place to work
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 7, 2017
I had a great time while working at saint vincent hospital, very friendly and overall a good working environment. Would recommend anyone to consider working here.
Hospital that provides a High Touch enviornment with High Quality Care
Director of Svc Line Dev & Decision Support (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 4, 2017
I absolutely love working at Saint Vincent. The associates at the hospital from Senior Administration to the front line staff do not work in silos but rather work together as a team. The working environment is phenomenal.

The hardest part of the job is the every increasing competitive environment of the Health Care arena. This sometimes creates barriers that make it difficult to accomplish what is needed but also allows one to become increasing creative in how to break through barriers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interfacing with the engaged leadership and physicians with the ultimate knowledge that you are helping people heal and stay healthy in the Erie community.
Pros
The Work Environment and Supportive Senior Administration
Cons
The Competitive Health Care Environment
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2017
I don't remember a lot about working there. It was fun while I was there. We were busy often & had a great group of employees. The ER was my favorite area to work in
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
None I can think of
Great employees good place to work and learn
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 25, 2017
The days were sometimes chaotic and hectic but everyone in CPD worked together to meet production requirements I learned how many different instruments are required for various surgeries, and the attention made to cleanliness of them.
Management was always available to help problem solving and willing to help when necessary.
The hardest part of the was coming to work and being behind from the start. Once everything got organized it worked itself out.
The best part of the job was the employees I was able to work with and be around.
Pros
Nice atmosphere to work in, everbody was there to help pick up the slack
Cons
High stress enironment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Vincent Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.