Saint Xavier University Employee Reviews

Flexible scheduling with a great amount of room for advancement.
Public Safety Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Advancement, scheduling
Cons: little to no benefits
This position was based completely on school coming first and was completely flexible with school coming first. It was a postion only offered to Federal work study students and job advancement came very easily for me. This position also gave the ability to work in different areas of the department if Public Safety, and gain experience working with officers. One of the most difficult things to get a understanding of was working on the dispatch team because they were the control center for organizing the entire department. After learning dispatch, this become one of the best parts about coming into work. Management had a public forum meeting twice every semester to make sure the department was all on the same page and at this forum meeting, all employees on the department where able to give suggestions on how to make the department more suitable for the employees.
Great Place to Work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
The faculty at Saint Xavier are great people to work for. I would recommend anyone working towards their MBA at Saint Xavier to apply for the graduate assistantship position.
Productive workplace with reliable employees
Technology Assistant - Information Technology (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
This job has given me great experience with customer service. A typical day of work is dependent on problems. The more problems, the busier the day.

I have learned different ways of handling all kinds of behavior. I have experience very friendly callers and highly frustrated ones.

Management is overall good. They try to keep everyone busy and working efficiently.

My co-workers are great. They are very intelligent and possess potential to succeed in life.

The hardest part of this job is the slow days. I like working but when there are not any problems its difficult to find tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people solve their problems.
Great place to learn and grow as a student
Student Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 14, 2015
Various opportunities to gain work experience throughout campus. Helpful staff and friendly coworkers.

Enjoyable place to work and grow at.
Simple Observation Job
Student Desk Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
A typical day of work consisting of checking guests in and out and occasionally answering the phone. The management team was always helpful and quite pleasant.
Family Nurse Practitioner Student
Family Nurse Practitioner Student (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2015
600 Clinical hours minimum required

Elogs charting system
Nice and fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: new management laid off several employees.
Plaza Inn was nice and I worked there for 12 year. When new management came several of us was laid off.
Great people to work with
Lieutenant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free tuition for full time workers
Cons: very slow during vacations
Small campus with dormitories for students. Great place to work if you like the campus lifestyle. Summers are very slow since all students go home.
Great Atmosphere, No Room for Advancement
Assistant Director/ Project Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
Been here nearly seven years with no promotion or room to move up or around the university. Compensation is ok
Great place if you score the right job.
I.T. Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great people
There are may positions available at SXU. Besides teaching opportunities, the facility must be regulated thoroughly, which is where the student workers come in.
Cool ,fun, and exciting enviroment
IT ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2014
I loved my experience here at Saint Xavier. All my co-workers were nice and the staff as well. I like they throw you out into field and let you experience issues hands-on.
Shannon Center Clerical Desk Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 2, 2014
Same as last review. A great place to work. It is fun to work here. Hours are flexible and the staff are very understanding. I definitely recommend
Laid back environment with great co-workers
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
Our shifts all depended on what was going on throughout the campus. If there wasn't anything that needed to be fixed we spent our time updating computer labs or imaging extra machines for later deployment. I learned a variety things including how to image Windows and Mac computers, how to fix printer hardware issues, and many software issues on different operating systems. The most important thing I did learn was to find solutions myself. There were plenty of times when an issue came up and there were no supervisors available to assist me and even times when they did not know how to fix it either. I had to take it upon myself to research solutions and solve it on my own. This not only increased my confidence, but it also allowed me to build trust with my supervisors so I could take on bigger projects. Overall, the environment was mostly laid back and quiet. The hardest part was the occasional rushes when huge projects or events came our way, but thanks to our organized team, we were able to get the jobs done.
I loved working at SXU!
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
Although the pay was relatively low, SXU employees awesome staff members and has a great student population!
Great place to learn about the workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Assist students, staff and parents with questions. Everyone is nice and respectful.
The University is a great place to work
Dean's Secretary, School of Education (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2013
I support the Dean of the School of Education. My connection and responsibilities are dominately with the faculty. I have learned new data and financial software. I have learned alot about grants and there budgets. There is a great group of staff that I work with in the School of Education. The hardest part is learning about the certifications and there criteria with the state.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2013
Amazing. Felt very welcome. Learned alot. There was always something to do. Never a dull moment.
Undergrad University
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2013
With lots of great programs and opportunities to be a student leader on campus.
Interactive,fun and detailed
Inventory Coordinator / Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2013
Pros: free tuition, close to home, benefits
Cons: lack of interaction from the directors
Interacting with customers varied from students to teachers. Nice group of staff with a similar goal in mind the students! Most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my student workers. The hardest part was dealing with business decisions made by people who never really got to know the bookstore as a real place or with real people.
Productive work place
Admission Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2013
Pros: this job was really close to home
Cons: laid off
I learned about the college admissions process. I had great guidance from the management team.