Saint Xavier University Employee Reviews

Student worker
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I was attending school at Saint Xavier University for my undergrad and I needed a work study program. The library was the perfect fit.
Pros
That gave me the max hours
Cons
Low pay
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2016
I worked at Saint Xavier as a Client Services Agent while pursuing my undergraduate degree. It was a wonderful work environment that allowed its employees to develop and build a variety of different skills to prepare them for professional work.
Work Study
Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2016
This is a Work Study Position. Great atmosphere which allows for study time when shift is not busy. You are able to pick up multiple shifts. A board is posted as well if one is interested in picking up more shifts.
Cons
Few Hours
School Environment
Project Manager / Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
Outside Community Project fostered through an Academic environment.
Worked in an AGILE environment with a focus in student lead project management.
Diverse staff, low salary
Officer & Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
Little to no opportunity for advancement while you experience pay cuts and increases in insurance costs. Diversity staff that's friendly but you don't feel supported or acknowledged by upper management.
Student Employee and Alumni
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
Working on campus while getting your degree was a great opportunity. I received job experience and developed skills that I will have forever. Staff and Faculty are always willing to lend a hand and are care so much for their students.
Productive work place that provided great experience.
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2016
In the laboratory, my co-workers and I worked together to prepare the labs for the various chemistry classes. With this job, I was able to learn to prepare simple chemical solutions, as well as neutralizing them.
Need to to a better job, cleaning this Campus.
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
I only have one complaint, the cleanliness of this university is terrible, washrooms, classrooms smell ( specially on summer time ) it seems no one cleans this areas. the classrooms are carpeted and when there is a spill the smell just consumes into the carpet and No one cleans it.
Pros
good professors
Cons
Always dirty, seems like no one cleans most areas...
Excellent University
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2016
I have worked there as an adjunct faculty and I would like to admit that this university is one of the best universities you can ever work in. Great management and work environment. Faculty members are will experienced and knowledgeable in their subject areas,
Pros
Environment and culture.
Cons
Great learning experience and fun.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
This internship allowed me to go in death with scientific research as well as provide a platform for me to see how scientific research can benefit the public. Coming in early in the morning knowing that my hand were contributing left me feeling accomplished.
Pros
Great staff and management
Fulfilling and enjoyable
Clerical Worker - TRIO Student Success Program (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
As a clerical worker, one has to maintain a clean office and a positive environment. While working here, I filed, copied, and typed files. Many students use this office to complete their homework but it is also a place for them to unwind after their classes end. This means that clerical workers had to be open to interact with all the students that enter the office while maintaining order. One of the many things that I really enjoyed about this job is that all the students entering the office felt comfortable speaking to me about school or personal problems. If anyone had questions or just needed a friend to talk to I made sure that they knew that I was there to help.
Pros
Very understanding and flexible
Cons
N/A
Federal Work Study
Clerical Worker, Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2015
Most federal work study jobs at sxu is fairly easy and they work with your schedules. Common problem is not providing enough hours for students each week. Many students have multiple jobs for this reason
Very Fun Job!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2015
This is a great job for learning customer service skills and helping our your community. You will definitely grow your public speaking skills and ability to critically think. Very friendly coworkers and supervisors who want to see you succeed.
Okay work environment
Media Services A/V Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2015
It was a student worker position, so there isn't much to complain about. It's a small University, but you meet a lot of people.
Wonderful University on the South Side of Chicago
Executive Director of Alumni and Parent Relations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2015
Wonderful colleagues made each day a joy. For over 15 years I worked faithfully increasing alumni engagement and major gifts for the University. I enjoyed the relationships I built with alumni and donors over the years. My greatest strength is in building relationships that increased giving to the University. Leading creative special alumni and friend events, innovative morale building activities and special service related projects helped to build a positive culture for our alumni, staff, faculty and friends.
Pros
Great colleagues .
great staff
Assistant Director Records and Registration (Former Employee) –  chicago IllinoisOctober 22, 2015
Hard position in working with student accounts but office focused on the needs of the student population to ensue that the financial aid and payment plans worked for the students needs.
Fantastic department director and employees
Director of Emergency Management and Preparedness (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2015
I work for a fantastic department director who believes in education, training, and fostering a positive environment for employees.
Pros
understanding department director
Cons
salary does not pay based upon my job qualifications, certifications and education; does not account for cost of living.
productive hard work but profitable and fun
Professor of Finance (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 28, 2015
Provided students with advanced knowledge capitals markets and trading strategies Encouraged students' positive attitudes toward utilizing the latest technology in the classroom.
Pros
You are Boss Fun students keeps you you
Cons
Insurance expensive
Flexible scheduling with a great amount of room for advancement.
Public Safety Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2015
This position was based completely on school coming first and was completely flexible with school coming first. It was a postion only offered to Federal work study students and job advancement came very easily for me. This position also gave the ability to work in different areas of the department if Public Safety, and gain experience working with officers. One of the most difficult things to get a understanding of was working on the dispatch team because they were the control center for organizing the entire department. After learning dispatch, this become one of the best parts about coming into work. Management had a public forum meeting twice every semester to make sure the department was all on the same page and at this forum meeting, all employees on the department where able to give suggestions on how to make the department more suitable for the employees.
Pros
Advancement, scheduling
Cons
little to no benefits
Great Place to Work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
The faculty at Saint Xavier are great people to work for. I would recommend anyone working towards their MBA at Saint Xavier to apply for the graduate assistantship position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Xavier University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2