SAIPEM Employee Reviews

Great place to start your career
Geotechnical Engineer (Former Employee) –  LondonDecember 1, 2016
I joined Saipem as a graduate and loved working there. I was part of a small team of geotechnical engineers and the support I received was great.

Day to day I would perform geotechnical analyses required to support offshore installation campaigns such as - pile drivability, suction pile installation, mudmat capacity assessment, pipe soil interaction. I was given plenty of encouragement to push myself and take on more challenging analyses.

In addition, I was part of the Saipem graduate scheme which allowed me to experience other business areas including project execution. This meant I got offshore for two installation campaigns, including a launch jacket!
Pros
Work environment
You cannot advance unless you are an Italian!
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
You cannot advance unless you are an Italian! Work culture is the worst that I have ever seen. Very incompetent people who get promoted based on their personal relationship with the Management.
Pros
Cons
You cannot advance unless you are an Italian!
Great company
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  NLNG BONNYSeptember 7, 2016
Got real experience in pre-commissioning, and commissioning;
A great working culture;
High level standards, and safe working practices;

The best company i've worked so far.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
free health care, short breaks
Very good work place
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salamanca & Tula , MexicoAugust 20, 2016
Day in day out the activity was the office job with reviews to the class activities. Most of the task were performed before in another jobs. Supervision of five trainers instructors . The hardest part of this job was to deliver on time and accuracy, the data of the performance effected by the trainees , which were usually around 100 per each week in the 4 to 5 training courses . The most pleasant activity was the closing speech for every course .
Pros
keep your knowedge updated
Cons
In the Salamanca refinery, the distance from housing to the job office was a little far .
offshore oil & gas field, refinery, ship repairing & ship building, water treatment plant etc
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Angola , curacao, congoo, kazakhstan etcAugust 7, 2016
Job is irregular. Some times have job few months no. Averagely get job 5/6 months in a year. Vacation system is very long , if have job, 165 days on duty 30days off.
Pros
free launches
Cons
short breaks
Very Happy Working Here!
ROV Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
Preformed scheduled weekly maintenance on ROV’s (Remote Operated Vehicle) which involved checking the compensator levels and inspected the hydraulic fluid for contaminants. Insuring all hydraulic and electrical fitting, connections, hoses, and cables are secure before each dive, keeping log of all repairs performed and properly filed. Kept an inventory of all spare parts for the system to prevent shortage.
All Good
Tool Pusher (Current Employee) –  UAEApril 19, 2016
I like working in oil Field and i work with all company is very good
and good management here UAE and all Crew and Rig also good
and good team work all of them
One department are builded in the separate Hallways
Data entry/ clerical (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2016
The Managers were in separate offices, therefore they focused on their works and deadlines. the most enjoyable were the company give the lunches every month throught out the year.
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
ONLY 1 RESTROOM FOR ALL
Extraordinary Semi Submersible Drilling Platform
Rig Logistics (Former Employee) –  Angola, AfricaFebruary 21, 2016
Is too hard work in one platform for 28 days by 12 hours shift, lifting several equipment really heavy and performance the daily operation with the best knowledge that was planned before, but when you learn every day how to work safety following the management command you can see that the work going good without any issue and for sure you going to return to home soon
Pros
High Safety Standard
Cons
Angolan Law Regulation
Minimum Work
PLANNING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Weir, RJOctober 24, 2015
Overall working environment is fine but company in Iraq is not able to create employee interest due certain obvious special conditions applied.
Strong willed and cooperative in working for a team
Welding QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaSeptember 29, 2015
It is fun work place with good camaraderie. It's multi-culture environment gives new experience with decent amount of red tape and politics but it is expected of big company. The most enjoying part in working with this company is learning different languages probably the first word to learn are "bad words". The hardest part of the job is to work with pressure.
Constant Career and Personal Development on Daily Basis
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  BASESeptember 18, 2015
Understudies Process Documents and seek better ways of improving on them

Learnt management of people and multitasking

Communication with CLIENT through contract documents

Delegates activities to subordinates

The hardest Part of the job: Site Visits

Most Enjoyable part of the job: Finalizing documents with clients approval
Pros
An hour of break daily
Cons
Having to go through difficult access road to the office
My experience in my previous job is every thing is okay for me.because some of my colleague is kindness to each other.
Pipe Tally& Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaAugust 13, 2015
I summary all i done work in the land and offshore for me is same same.why i seed because the main i need is WORK.for my family to not starving.the management i rate in 1 to 10 is 7 only.why because no body perfect even the rich company or rich people that's why only 7.i lot experience in my co worker a different attitude.but me the only one MIXER in all my co worker.the hardest part of the job is you do not know the job.the most enjoy full part of my job is you learned More.and always be happy at all time.because offshore work to much dangerous at all time.and always thanks to god for every things is done.
Pros
Im quickly learned, I'm unsociable, I'm not difficult to live more
Cons
my Cons is my family i don't like to see my family not happy
Automatic welding machine oprator
AUTOMATIC WELDING MACHINE OPRATOR (Current Employee) –  ฺBulgariaAugust 5, 2015
I spent many happy two years working for Saipem and have learned much as automatic welding machine operator but I'am still looking for a bigger challenge and to grow my career.
job and family balance etc
Rig Mechanic (Former Employee) –  CairoJuly 19, 2015
For the job work and basic life balance it was very similar because i got 15 days of and 15 days to spend with my family every month.The job had many advancements and benefits for me. The management was very well the managers were all really close to their employees.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
safety first in this company
ROV Pilot Technician (Current Employee) –  Caspian seaJune 23, 2015
I start as a trainee in this company, In biggest project in Kazakhstan Caspian sea. I joint ROV trenching team and after 1 year Ibecame part of the team of ROV Pilots technician. I responsable for hydraulics and mechanical parts of ROV. Company following all safety rules and standarts.
fun and exciting
R.O.V. Pilot and Mechanical Tech. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2015
I learned a lot and greatly improved on my people and hydraulic skills. piloting a Remotely Operated Vehicle thousands of feet below sea level is a unique experience and wish i could have stayed there longer
Pros
good pay, benefits and friends
Cons
missing holidays with family
Good people to work for
Crane and Rigging General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Husky EnergyJune 17, 2015
I think that Saipem has gone through the learning curve of adapting to working in Canada and especially the oil sands. I expect them to pick up more work and to be very successful at completing the projects on time and on budget.

My job was to ensure the crane departments compliance with government regulations and to schedule and plan all the lifting activities on site.
good company to work for
Project Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Overal is a Good Company to work for.
A good place where you gain a lot of experience being able to face any aspect of your dept. issues.
Having fun in the office
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  BurgasApril 25, 2015
Happy and multicultural environment, easy to speak with everybody, local people are quite open persons, interested in learn and share with different experiences

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIPEM. Our community is ready to answer.