SAIPEM Employee Reviews

great for a start up job
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Saipem was a decent company to work at. If you are new to the industry, it is a great place to learn the business and to gain the experience needed to become competitive in the field.
overall very good company to work for.
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Very diverse place to work in terms of people and cultures.
The opportunity to be exposed to multi million dollar contracts. Opportunity to work in multidisciplinary environment.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
Constant change in upper management.
A productive atmosphere enabling Engineers to brain storm together
Instrumentation & Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rumuolumeni- portharcourtAugust 21, 2017
Every day at work we always work together as a team before a document is issued. However information are not usually passed across to the subordinates
Pros
Team work and profeesional growth
Cons
Information not readily accessible
Would not recommend this company
HR Corporate Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
Saipem is a very unprofessional work environment in the HR department. The HR manager does not merit people on their abilities and work ethic but on the color of their skin and whether they are her personal friend or not.
Saipem: engaged
Internal Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Provincia di Milano, LombardiaJuly 3, 2017
Saipem made me engaged. Made me love my job and emproved my writing and communication skills.
I learnt to set priorities and to work under pressure.
It's a multicultural and multinational environment, and I appreciate it.
* It was fun and interesting work
Welder (Current Employee) –  port harcoutJune 22, 2017
* It was fun and interesting work
* I understand more gauging and how to relate with people
* I can manage anything i have in my working place
* Safety culture to work safe
* No part
* Welding
Cons
Productive and nice working place
Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Science parkJune 11, 2017
Overall is a good company.
Nice working place and environment and good managements. Good colleagues and good teamwork. Work life balance company.
Completely dependent on Constantly Changing Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Saipem was an excellent place to gain experience and exposure to some the best engineering capabilities, advance construction methods and industry leading technologies. The exposure was fantastic. However, one's personal experience as an American working in the Houston office is highly dependent on the fickle whims of the corporate office in Italy. Although formalities were made in terms personnel training and evaluation, none of these formalities were taken seriously. As an American, advancement feels very limited. This is exacerbated by the fact that management is constantly changing. Which is good for the expats that continuously cycle through on the way to their advancement, but it leaves local American hires feeling nothing more than a quote requirement for Immigration purposes.
Pros
Good life-work balance, able to be involved with advance method and technologies in offshore construction
Cons
Poor management structure with continues turnover from Italian corporate, poor working culture
Very serious workplace with great team spirit
Financial Accountant/analyst (Current Employee) –  AmsterdamMarch 10, 2017
Saipem is one of the biggest firms globally in the oil&energy field, A company with such reputation can only offer the best but also ask the best employees as well.
Great team spirit in all departments, sharp personalities which raise the level of motivation and hard work in a flexible environment, is what Saipem is all about.
Pros
culture, work policies
Cons
too much flexibility
survey
Chief Surveyor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 5, 2017
work at abu dhabi airport project
maintain survey crew
yes I learn how to manage crew, client and as well as work
I don't like always harry job
Workplace culture
Snr. Subsea (Former Employee) –  AngolaFebruary 16, 2017
Was a Italian rig with mostly Italian speaking personnel. One of the first deep water rigs build great fun to work on. It was the rig with the most nationalities on one rig.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
no cons
Great benefits and teamwork
Senior Buyer - Projects Procurement (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Company has international presence in the oil and gas industry and that was a plus. Hardest part was to follow the procedures which were too outdated and manually done, even though there were computer tools like SAP, E-Room and E Commerce.
The ship is still new it has a gym play room cinema room internet wifi tv in each room it can accommodate 321 personal onboard.
Level 3 opito approved off shore Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  China Brazil and NigeriaJanuary 30, 2017
Job is ok 12 hour 24/7 have two tea breaks with lunch changing rooms sleep 2 per cabin day and night. Tea time is not compulsory and lunch is 30 min. Have doctors room with two doctors onboard. Internet very slow with wifi. Many times the job is demanding and you have to work with no breaks. Management can be very though with no remorse and threats and no time to waist.
Pros
Food is free
Cons
Doctors rooms
Good team work,safe and high-quality work
QC Welding & Coating Inspector (Former Employee) –  Netherland, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Pipe lay,increased my safe and quality work,friendship with management,workplace culture,The hardest part of job -work in night-shift.The most enjoyable part of the job - work all of day
Company closed
Cost controller (Former Employee) –  Science ParkJanuary 13, 2017
The office at Science park has closed down unfortunately and it moved it's operations out from Singapore to Indonesia. The other shipyard site is still in operation though.
Great place to start your career
Geotechnical Engineer (Former Employee) –  LondonDecember 1, 2016
I joined Saipem as a graduate and loved working there. I was part of a small team of geotechnical engineers and the support I received was great.

Day to day I would perform geotechnical analyses required to support offshore installation campaigns such as - pile drivability, suction pile installation, mudmat capacity assessment, pipe soil interaction. I was given plenty of encouragement to push myself and take on more challenging analyses.

In addition, I was part of the Saipem graduate scheme which allowed me to experience other business areas including project execution. This meant I got offshore for two installation campaigns, including a launch jacket!
Pros
Work environment
You cannot advance unless you are an Italian!
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
You cannot advance unless you are an Italian! Work culture is the worst that I have ever seen. Very incompetent people who get promoted based on their personal relationship with the Management.
Pros
Cons
You cannot advance unless you are an Italian!
Great company
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  NLNG BONNYSeptember 7, 2016
Got real experience in pre-commissioning, and commissioning;
A great working culture;
High level standards, and safe working practices;

The best company i've worked so far.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
free health care, short breaks
Very good work place
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salamanca & Tula , MexicoAugust 20, 2016
Day in day out the activity was the office job with reviews to the class activities. Most of the task were performed before in another jobs. Supervision of five trainers instructors . The hardest part of this job was to deliver on time and accuracy, the data of the performance effected by the trainees , which were usually around 100 per each week in the 4 to 5 training courses . The most pleasant activity was the closing speech for every course .
Pros
keep your knowedge updated
Cons
In the Salamanca refinery, the distance from housing to the job office was a little far .
offshore oil & gas field, refinery, ship repairing & ship building, water treatment plant etc
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Angola , curacao, congoo, kazakhstan etcAugust 7, 2016
Job is irregular. Some times have job few months no. Averagely get job 5/6 months in a year. Vacation system is very long , if have job, 165 days on duty 30days off.
Pros
free launches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIPEM. Our community is ready to answer.