Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employer Reviews

FUN WORKPLACE
Sales Associate (Current Employee), bal harbourDecember 16, 2014
Pros: lovely environment
Cons: salary
I love working there but salary is based only on commission and it's VERY unstable. Managers are not happy either... I'm one of the top sellers but still I don't get enough money on low season.
Excellent company to work for.
Corporate Card and Travel Administrator (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 14, 2014
Pros: advancments
A typical day at Saks was a family setting. In the 28 years I was employed with this company , they allowed advancements if you were qualified.The hardest part of my job was my job description being eliminated and outsourced. The easiest was the relationship with the associates and employees which I worked for and with on a daily basis.
Great Customer Focus
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: great training, brand exposure, gratis, meeting new people and building relationships.
Cons: no teamwork as every associate is concerned and consumed with increasing their paycheck.
Saks Fifth Avenue is a wonderful company! The only downfall is the pay structure. While you have the potential to make a ton of money, it take a while to build a decent clientele. There lies the problem of making money during slow seasons, as the positions are commission based.
Great company to work for
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: company standards
I liked the company a great deal and would still be there if I didn't have to move to another state, Large upscale company with a great reputation for quality and work environment. Had a great management team willing to work together for the good of our store and the customers. Great employee benefits.
great freelance experience
Special Event Assistant (Former Employee), atlanta, gaNovember 13, 2014
great experience. opportunity was introduced through my school resources.
Continuation of Previous Statement regarding Saks
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
As previously stated, hosted top client luncheons and trunk shows for Jewelry vendors.
Lifestyle at Saks Fifth Avenue
Brand Ambassador/Representative (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great health insurrance, flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons: high expectations, late closings
Saks Fifth Avenue is well organized establishment that may have high expectations but equally give you the tools to succeed. I manage a brand called Akris Punto. I am expected to push sales in terms of getting associates familar with the product by conducting training sessions and brand awareness. I am expected to continue to grow my client book and – more... drive sales. Every season I will buy collections for my brand that are appropriate for the market I am in. I will also determine my product flow and distribution. The most challanging part of the job is trying to find new ways to allivate the brand in order to accomplish our sales goal. I have very much enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to others. – less
Benifits,Semi Flexible
Makeup Artist/Sales (Former Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: benifits, weekly pay, pto
Cons: negativity, lack of help.
A typical day at Saks was very slow, there would be days where I would leave out with absolutely nothing, Then at times it would be a little more fast pace, Resulting in making numbers and goals..

Sometimes the energy there wasn't so positive,Managers lacked in certain areas.. One of the hardest parts of the job was maintaining sales goals being as – more... though it was extremely slow, However I made sure i did monthly events to bring up the numbers..

The most enjoyable part was I only worked 38.7 hours a week and that I enjoyed being there makeup artist. – less
productive and fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), La Vergne, TNNovember 8, 2014
I have learned a lot from working at this company and have seen many people come and go for one reason or another. But for the most part this is a great place to work because the management team and hr are very understanding and treat each individual as such no matter what they are going through they listen and look at the overall person.
quick paced
Contemporary Collections Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
upscale retail environment with open potential for growth. There is the freedom to run your own business and everyday is different.
Bad Store Culture leads to non motivated underdeveloped employees
Style Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
The management does not to a good job of incentivizing employees to excel in their role. Company does not develop talent.
upscale sales experience
Luxury Goods Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2014
From working at Saks, I become very self-motivated, goal oriented and excellent at building cliental.
Good Place to Work
Senior Category Manager - Procurement (Current Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 3, 2014
Pros: pay, people
Cons: location
Saks is a great place to work. Great pay and great benefits. Wonderful place to work and grow.
COMBATIVE ATMOSPHERE WHERE CUSTOMERS ARE OWNED INSTEAD OF CUSTOMERS OWNING
PALM BEACH GARDENS sales associate (Former Employee), PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLNovember 2, 2014
Pros: very few
Cons: thankless job
CUSTOMERS ARE STEERED AWAY FROM THE STORES BECAUSE OF LACK OF INVENTORY AND CHOICE. POOR MERCHANDISING, POOR CHOICES, POOR STOCK LEVELS, AND POOR UPPER MANAGEMENT WHO LACK THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THE CUSTOMER IS INTELLIGENT. PROMOTIONAL SELLING IS THE ONLY REASON TO SHOP THERE. THEY MISS THE POINT THAT THE CUSTOMER STILL WANT QUALITY, STYLE, AND WEARABILITY. – more... WHEN EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ORDERED, CUSTOMERS LOOSE INTEREST BY THE TIME THEY GET THE SHOES WHICH GIVES A HIGH RETURN RATE. WHY NOT JUST BUY ON LINE WHERE THERE ARE MORE CHOICES SINCE I HAVE TO WAIT ANYWAY. SATELITE STORES NEED A MAJOR OVERHAUL AND CHANGE IN CULTURE OR THEY WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST. – less
full luxury brand department store
MOVADO BRAND AMBASSADOR (Current Employee), 611 Fifth Ave New York NyOctober 31, 2014
the company is a department store with ten floors of luxury brand merchandise on Fifth Ave.
happy and fun workplace
Personal shopper for elite clientele (Current Employee), Las VegasOctober 31, 2014
I’m interested in becoming apart of the team. I’m a driven young man that works hard on succeeding in life and in the company. I have great customer service skills and able to execute the problem without getting higher authority involved. Dealing with deposits and cash flow. I’m all about driving sales and personal relationships with the customers creating – more... that bond and making sure the customer comes back. I love working at a fast pace and that helps time go by and shows how well I can handle loads of stress at one time. I look forward to moving forward with the company and the team. I assure you that I will complete whatever task you throw at me and I will make sure it’s done right and on time. – less
A company that sold very nice designer wear at a discount in an approximately 35000 sq. ft. store.
Store Support and Sales (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: discounts, selling designer women and mens apparel, working directly with the customers.to work as a team with other employees.
Cons: this location had limited salaried positions available, on your feet entire day.
A typical day would begin with counting the vault and recording the prior days registers' monies on a written report. Then opening the
cashier drawers and making sure the selling floor was straightened
and the different departments had plenty of merchandise. I had security clearance to put jewelry out into their cases. Once the store was opened for – more... business then focus was to provide customer service, help customer select apparel and shoes, purchase gift certificates, and returns. I learned many things that motivate a customer to purchase or not to purchase products. I learned that some people are in stores to steal. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management as a team. The hardest part of this job is that you are on your feet the entire day and management for the most part treated non-management workers fairly.Some of the most enjoyable part of working retail is to have the opportunity to help customers select apparel and shoes that makes them feel proud about themselves. Other times just happy to help consumers with general questions that were asked. – less
A relaxing job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2014
Typically when you get into work you would open your register, and make sure that your department is well-organized. After making sure that every product is correctly arranged you would then clientele, contacting your clients and letting them know about upcoming company events. The coworkers were all very friendly and I learned a lot about handling – more... customer situations. I was met with a variety of customer service issues and forced to solve them. The hardest part of this job was standing for extended periods of time. There is a lot of down time in this position which is expected however, can lead to boredom at times. The most enjoyable part of this job is being surrounded by great people who literally always wear smiles on their faces. – less
great job while in school
Merchant Assistant (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJOctober 23, 2014
good place to work started my journey in retail
allowed flexible schedule while i was in school
Executive Stylist for Saks Fifth Avenue
Executive Stylist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: network opportunities, flexible scheduling, benefits.
As an executive stylist for Saks track it was my expectation and pleasure to stay current with global fashion market trends, and decipher which trends to display to Boca's elite list of clientele through private events, socials, and even runway fashion shows.

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos