Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

Fashion oriented work
Internship (Former Employee), Saks Fifth Avenie, Miami FloridaMay 20, 2015
Pros: Meeting Fashion Designers
Cons: Not able to stay permanently
It was excellent to work with this company. They have a very good customer service relations with customers.

Love to work with different designers from all over the world.
great place to work
Department Lead (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
very enjoyable place to work. management and coworkers are very kind and easy to get along with. Very good communication, everyone works as a team to get the job complited
Saks Fifth Avenue
Salon Coordinator (Former Employee), Duluth MnMay 15, 2015
Saks Salon was a wonderful place to be involved with and had many benefits, too.

They were always training you with the best in the field. Career wise they wanted you to exceed.

This was a reat experience in my career.
Favoritism is the only way to get promoted
Omni Merchandise Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: great discount
Cons: overworked and underpay
Hardwork doesn't pay off only way to move up is if you know how to be senior management favorites. Favoritism is the only way to get promoted
Productive and fun work enviornment
Contingent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, pay, employees, benefits and perks.
Cons: Store closed.
- I did any and everything in a work day. I have experience in every area of the store. I assisted with customer service, shipping, back office duties, etc.
- I learned so many things as this store has given me the most experience in retail than I've ever had.
- The management team was very, very good. They worked well with each other and the store employees as well.
- The hardest part of working there would have been being apart of the opening and closing team for the store. I assisted in the construction of the store as well as the disassemble of the store.
- The most enjoyable part was working with people who are enjoyable and share in the same amount of responsibility as you did. It was a true team.
Productive place to work
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: benefits program
Cons: health care program could be better
I like working in an upscale department store or boutique. Management is great works with schedules and everybody works together
all is well
wrap and send associate (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2015
Pros: absolute attraction
Cons: good benefits
no words can explain how much I appreciate spending some time at Saks; the best place to work in the designing industry.
I would recommend every qualify professional to have experience some time there
Drive Sales
Fifth Avenue Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Chicago ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Wonderful people to work with
Cons: No cons, it was a wonderful experience

Very much so focused on customer relationships to help push sales goal. If you are not comfortable with building a clientele then SAKS is not the place for you.

Very informative and knowledgeable staff.
Saks taught me a lot
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Soul sucking work
Through working at Saks I was able to realize what I wanted to do with my life & that I was wasting it at Saks. This is the type of job I could've only done right out of college. I loved my co-workers & my direct manager but management in general sucked as far as relating, training and motivating employees. The company itself does things inefficiently and doesn't seem to understand that technology would make everyone's life so much easier. Did I mention that it was always dead and Saks refuses to market to get customers into the store? If you don't have a client list that you can contact and count on (to buy from you) be prepared to live frugally through the winter months.
Was a fun place to work
Collections Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILMay 4, 2015
Cons: Moved out of IL.
Helping people increase their credit credit limit. Working with each employee to acheive a dept. goal..Enjoyed the way home office would reward our efforts..
It's okay if you worked there for 30 years
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), TysonsMay 2, 2015
Pros: fashion shows, great name to put on resume
Cons: compenstaion, culture, high turnover rate
Saks gives you the opportunity to run into some pretty big names in fashion. But as with any job in life, you get more if people like you..more so for personal than for productivity. The compensation is horrible. You can literally work 40 hours and week and receive a check of less than 300 dollars.You pretty much have to pay the company to clock in, That is a terrible situation for anyone who actually needs money. I find that the only people that actually make any money are those who have been with the company more than 20 years. A typical day at work usually involves sending prefabricated emails, that are dry to all your clients per managements request, and trying to fight all the unhappy people for sales. I have learned that this is just cool job to put on your resume simply because of the name, but trust you will work hard for very little compensation. The polices are not strict enough, so the employees loose alot of compensation trying not to make a customer mad. they also hate dealing with anything HR related, instead they usually push out the person who has the issue rather than really dealing with it. The turnover rate is astronomical. The cool part is you get the see all the cool fashion, and run into reps for big brands.
The worst place I have ever worked
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Houston galleria TexasApril 28, 2015
Pros: great discount if you can afford 1000 shoes
Cons: No paychecks, rude attitudes
At first, I thought I would be at Saks for a very long time. My interview was filled with all the bells and whistles. Well let me tell you the TRUTH about Saks. Being on 100 percent commission is a joke. The selling floor is extremley competitive and there are not enough clients or walk ins to make any money. And if you do happen to catch a good sale, chances are the client is already working with the club and you get NOTHING. You have no support from management, nor HR. It is a dog eat dog job and the behaviors on the selling floor are the worst I have ever seen in 15 years of retail experience. Plus if you do not make your ridiculous sales goals, you pay Saks back out of your paycheck. Saks is running with free labor 90 percent of the time because no one can make any money. And like I said you do bring in your clients, the CLUB members steal them and they never split the sales with you.
Productive learning experience
Bridal Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Teamwork environment, discounts (of course!), the people, the customers, the fashions and opportunities
Cons: not flexible
I learned a lot about the industry at Saks Fifth Avenue, especially in an area I knew nothing about. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everyone to work well in harmony and be pro-active based on such different personalities. Other then that it was a really fun experience and the company is big on teamwork, which is something I am also very big on. Two heads are always better than one. Working together to make our workplace better is something that made me feel involved and part of a greater future.
Competitive Place to Work
Expert Denim Associate (Former Employee), 611 5th AvenueApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free clothes
Cons: mandatory shifts
As an Expert Denim Associate, a typical day involved staff meetings to review sales initiative and sales quotas, e-mail telephone and in-person communication with customers and fellow staff, sales of luxury apparel and merchandise.

The management in my specific department was adequate, but ever-changing.

My co-workers were very competitive in the commission-based environment.

The hardest part of the job was the revolving management situation

The most enjoyable part of the job was creating a lasting rapport with clients and vendors a like.
Thrive as a Professional Perfumista
Penhaligon's Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Quarterly Gratis
Cons: Low commission percentage
• A typical day at work includes greeting customers, maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of the selling floor, capturing customers' information in order to better serve them in the future, educating customers about products, ringing sales on the point of sale system, reaching out to clients for special events.

• I learned that the most effective way to increase sales is to form meaningful relationships with those you assist. In today's competitive market I believe service is the most important distinguishing factor between one company and another and perhaps the one that will make the greatest impression on customers in regards to their shopping loyalty.

• Management throughout the store was effective at balancing the needs of the business with those of the employees.

• My co-workers and I always aimed to work as a team by supporting one another in whatever ways we were able to.

• The hardest part of the job was finding creative ways to increase sales on such days where there may have been slow foot traffic within the store.

• The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do what I love. I was lucky to be able to share my passion for beautiful products with people and knowing that I played a part in enhancing their lives.
It is a great job if you enjoy the hustling.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), New YorkApril 17, 2015
Pros: Clientele for life, complete autonomy
Cons: Disinterested management
A typical day of work is compromised of reaching out to your client base, if you have a client book. Also, making sure that merchandising and product display is neat and able to deliver the greatest impact to our clientele. The best part of the job is when you are assisting clients with their wardrobe and you develop a great rapport with some of your clients to the point where they trust you with your choices. What is not great about the job is when there are slow business times, this promotes an extremely backbiting nature, which management refuses to effectively deal with.
Tough job in a tough field for a difficult company.
Sales (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: It's retail
Not what it used to be. They ask too much and give too little. Retail is competing with On line shopping as it is. Mandatory morning meetings. Competetive co-workers. Hard to get back the on line segment of the market share. Best part, the nice customers.
Hardworking and Wonderful Company Culture
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Surrounded by positive, hardworking people that know what they are doing. Everyone is highly motivated and always striving for the best results.
Good Sales Experience
Assistant for the 5th Avenue Club (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good Healthcare benefits
Cons: Standing on your feet for long periods of time
I worked closely with 15 personal shoppers on the daily basis. I learned how to keep good communication lines to between the customer, personal shopper, and I. I loved the working with different people every day, new experiences each day.
fun place to work and great merchandize and displays.
Chanel - Make Up Artist (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity to work with clients one on one. More exclusive
Cons: Cant's really think of one
loved working for Saks Fifth Avenue. It's an elegant and beautiful store with great customer service and quality merchendize

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Salaries

$35,000 per year
Asset Protection Associate
$40,000 per year

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos

We have expertise in a variety of disciplines and value our client's needs.
Saks Flagship NYC