Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews in United States

promotion overload
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
would be a great place to work if the slaes floor wasnt overflowing with sales people and the promotional calendar wasnt overfed. the bulding has been under construction since before i can remember.
Fast paced and inventory accurate work place.
Shiping Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 19, 2016
Saks Fifth Avenue west coast warehouse days usually started at 7:00 a.m. Clear the conveyor belt for more inventory from receiving dock. Prepare for hanging garments as well. Sometimes had to stay past 3:30 but not very often. I learned about how a warehouse operates and how to co-operate with other supervisors to get the job done right the first time. Management had their good days and bad days And I got along well with most of them. The same goes for my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes working 10-12 hours a week day and eight hours on Saturday, but that was due to the holiday season. The most enjoyable part was getting to know some very interesting people.
Good job while in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 17, 2016
Management was friendly and worked with my school schedule. Typical day as a sales associate included calling customers, cleaning specific areas, and helping customers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low pay for amount of work expected.
Growth and Fun
Designer Handbags (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
Saks is a great company to work for. You really feel like you are in charge of your own business in cultivating customers into clients. Although there isn't really room for advancement it is still a very satisfying job. Managers are very friendly and easy to talk to. They really do try to balance your personal and work time so it benefits you. The most enjoyable part of my job is the connections I make with my clients and how I make them feel when they leave.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Commission Based
Saks Fifth Avenue, Freelance skincare specialist
Skincare Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2016
My experience at Saks Fifth Avenue was excellent. I worked as a
part time permanent freelancer at the rate of $25-30 per hour,
however the product was removed from the store and my position was eliminated.
Pros
Good location, flexible hours, lovely environment
Tough Start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 12, 2016
tough start in building client book.
terrible draw vs. commission payout structure.
varied commission percentages 6-10 percent
expensive benefits.
great discount
Beautiful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2016
Lively coworkers kept job interesting. There were a variety of vendors and designers to familiarize self with. I left there with a strong knowledge of fashion and luxury retail sales.
Productive, great customer service
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
It is a good atmosphere to work in and the customer service is excellent. I learned how to do encaps and tables. I learned better communication skills and how to obtain my prior knowledge to help me better assist customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing my every day task and making sure my customers leave satisfied.
Pros
rapid service
Cons
limited hours
Slow pace low customer traffic high sales goals
La Mer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
Unrealistic sales expectations and very slow pace . Expected to call email and write letters to customers to get them buy more or come back into the store. Associates stealing sales from others to meet goals and increase commission check
Pros
Nice hourly
Cons
High sales goals, slow traffic
Challenging and fun.
Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee) –  LaVergne, TNAugust 9, 2016
My typical work day can go easy or be challenging. I like my Manager that I have currently because he is very respectful and thinks about our family lives when it comes to our work. My co-workers make the environment fun and less stressful. They also help whenever needed without judgement. The hardest part of my job is just wanting to believe people are good until proven otherwise. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to do the right thing.
Pros
company has prizes and treats and plans special events to make employees feel good.
small store
Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2016
clean, organize, manage, make overs, enjoy everyone at work and clients learn new products everyday and making new friends
Pros
luncheons
Cons
short breaks
Highly competitive sales environment with potential for learning the department store industry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2016
Working at Saks Fifth Avenue I was able to learn many aspects of the sales industry that i will be able to use in the future. Some of those skills including but not limited to: meeting weekly sales goals, clothing merchandising, using various forms of media to clientele existing/new customers.
The market,as well as the rise in online shopping,did not make it easy to sell high-end luxury goods. The down-time was especially hard during the week but did give time to brush up on extensive product knowledge.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
Lack of sales, low morale
excellent culture
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 3, 2016
The workers were of diverse backgrounds. Not only did you learn about the job, but you also learned about different cultures. The pay was decent, and the benefits were excellent. Tuition reimbursement, medical and dental plan, life insurance and road side assistance.
Pros
free lunches for employees
Cons
really short breaks
Worst Experience of my Professional Life
Store Merchandising Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 1, 2016
Beautiful environment and merchandise, terrible and incredibly unprofessional management and colleagues. I thought that working at Saks in Beverly Hills would be a dream but it turned out to be somewhat of a nightmare. The operations management does not care about people or the fact that harassment is and has been going on in the department for quite some time. I was told by another SMT employee that she had counted "at least 9" people in the position I worked in over the past 2-3 years. Everyone leaves after about 3 months, as did I.
Pros
Beautiful store
Cons
Ineffective management on all levels that tolerates harassment
Fun,
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2016
This is by far the most fun I have had in a job. I love the people I worked with, the clients I meet on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is knowing that there are times when business is slow and working on commission can be hard.
Good work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 26, 2016
The work environment can be really fun! I made a lot of friends working there. The hardest part of the job is hitting your numbers during the very slow months- usually after the holidays but if you work hard it can happened.
Pros
Vendor prizes
Cons
Slow business days
It was a great learning experience.
Selling Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 22, 2016
I had an exceptional team. They are mostly veteran associates who give excellent customer service. My Team was the most enjoyable part of my job. I had a great relationship with each and every single one of them. I will dearly miss them.
Pros
Promoted an entrepreneurial spirit
Cons
New Owner/Cutbacks
Saks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2016
Challenging/would not recommend. Pay needs restructuring. No advancement opportunities. Management is highly unprofessional, never felt so unappreciated at a job.
outstanding leadership
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2016
I am so lucky I got the chance to learn from the leaders in the luxury retail business. They had integrity and lead by example.
Miserable place to work !!!!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 17, 2016
Various computer issues!!!! Managers are horrible!!!! They micro manage you while not doing their jobs!!!! This place is H***!!!!
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Toooo many to name!