Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

productive
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I prepare clothing to be shipped to customers around the US and prepare shipping labels for the packages. I walk around the store and find the clothes that people ordered online. the workplace is relaxed but fast paced also. the hardest part of the job is trying to get all the clothes ready in one day and some of the management. the most enjoyable is the clothing.
work work work but fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 11, 2018
I had a good time working with this company. There was a lot of work to be done but my coworkers could help the time go by quickly. I just didn't enjoy working weekends and leaving my family.
wasn't too great
Beauty Specialist-Jo Malone London (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 10, 2018
went downhill and store location shut down, wrote you up if you didn't make numbers but no people shopping. pay was good. not enough foot traffic to make goals
Pros
good pay, hour lunch, free gratis, educational training on products
Cons
no foot traffic, write ups on goals, bad management
one of the best place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2018
the best workplace culture when I say management really care about they associates. They are awesome was so proud to be apart of they team made me feel so good
Armani Face Designer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
It was a beautiful store and very good management. Sales were very competitive but so was the compensation. Good benefits, paid time off. Decent hours, one of my favorite places to work.
Pros
lots of gratis
Cons
long hours on your feet on hard floor
Bad work place
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 6, 2018
I hate this job one of the crazy places to work do not work here you will regret your decision do not work here really bad company do not do it please
Fun place to work for and loved it
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
I work for Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City and then New Orleans and loved it I learned so much if it hadn't been for Saks Fifth Avenue as an artist I don't know what I would have done but it was the greatest place ever to work I'm trying to locate some people I work for are within the 1980s a great place for an artist to begin
Pros
I loved eating lunch there at Saks in the 80s it was a great
Cons
Didn't take too many breaks Healthcare was great
very good environment to work
Stock Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Very good job with good benefits.I Went through 3 mangers within 4 months. No real guidance of a career path or growth in company with also bad management & communication.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
poor management
love my job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 4, 2018
one of the best job that i have ever had i love going to work , at times i even forget that i have to go home or that i have to take a lunch .. time goes by when your actually enjoying yourself !
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 2, 2018
I love working at my job during the 4 years i stayed. The pay was more than appropriate for my position. Management made me feel very comfortable and appreciates my skills and work ethic.
Pros
During holidays they allow us to attend to our family events
Cons
Anytime you call in sick its a point towards you record there
All departments are not created equally and you will be treated unfairly because of it.
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2017
The job has a great start with training and onboarding. However, if something arises, you will be floundering. Management will be stretched to thin or off lolly gagging, if not they seem bothered. You will lose credibility with the clients you are trying to build rapport, because of it. The computers are slow if not too old? It's a nightmare trying to get anything done in timely manner, because of it. It shows all the red flags of where not to work.
The worst
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
Handbag department had worst reputation because team was cutthroat and mean. Back stabbing a daily occurance. Stealing sales, browbeating-it was shocking. Manager played favorites. ASM played favorites. Impossible to move to Brand Ambassador position because of favoritism.
Pros
Historic retailer
Cons
Terrible team dynamic
super competivtive
Retail Sales Representative / Handbag Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 28, 2017
you are helping very rich people shop and the can be a bit rude a lot of the times because they feel like they are better then you , you only get paid commission if you hit your yearly goal which can be close to 1 million dollars
Pros
you get good discounts
Cons
don't get paid enough
Since they restructured the buying and digital office
Merchandising Assistant, Handbags, Digital (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2017
If you are joining the digital or buying office as an assistant. Just don't do it. You will do the job of three, your manager will fully expect you to work from home without pay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Saks Was An Okay Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 20, 2017
Saks was an okay place to work at. I started in 2012, it was an awesome place to work. Late 2014, management changed. The guy who came in was not bad, but no one really liked him. He got rid of all of the old managers and hired people from different places who knew absolutely nothing about the area, or the culture of where the store was located which to me is very important.
Pros
Wonderful discount
cool
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 20, 2017
laid back atmosphere . great discounts. the managers were nice and friendly. always had for catered an treated the stuff well. great hours and bonuses
Poor place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCDecember 19, 2017
The company it self is great to work for, however, the off5th store in Mebane, NC lack great leadership. The managers are not nice to work with and it is a very stressful environment.
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
Great place to work. Management is very nice and actually cares about you. Discounts are okay for some products. General public is nice and not too stressful.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
no chance to advance
Very fun work place and fun people
Saks fifth avenue off 5th (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2017
Very great place to work, place is well ran. Very busy and time goes by fast. Can be some rude customers but the managers handle that stuff really well.
love the place, great place to work
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2017
Great place to work.
Just compensation is not good
Pros
lovely envirnment
Cons
no good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saks Fifth Avenue. Our community is ready to answer.