Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews in United States

horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 28, 2016
Management is unprofessional and rude. You don't get enough hours and management doesn't take into account when you request off. employees mostly friendly.
Pros
Cons
terrible management.
A typical work day at work
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2016
A typical work day at Saks, would be to start off with my emails. Our clients at Saks love to email and receive phone calls. That was the way I was able to book appointments and gain new clients. Sending emails and making phone calls, because the foot traffic in Saks was slower.
Pros
By emailing my clients and making phone calls, I was able to build a healthy relationship.
Cons
It would have been nicer for Saks to have more traffic, but it also made it more of a personal touch.
Commission
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Salary is commission and it should be based on hourly plus commission

Pleasant enviroment, great discounts, not much foot traffic
work ethics
Personal shopper (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 11, 2016
My review would basically be the same as Neiman Marcus. It was the same work situation.
It was my first retail working situation and I learned everything there.
I was taught how to react and engage with customers. I learned how to build a sale and how to develop a loyal client base. This knowledge has helped me develop many business over the years.
I saw that a good manager believes in her staff and devotes time and effort in helping them produce as to the their potential.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Not fun, co workers are mean.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2016
Very mean and rude co workers. All about making you make money on commission do not care about anything else other than that and credit card openings.
It was Great working there!
Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 9, 2016
I loved the double discounts which are supposedly no longer around. The cosmetic floor was definitely the busiest department of the whole store. Great working environment if you did not annoy or take sales from other sales associate. I would have stayed if compensation was a little better.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
Slow pase environemnt
Sales Associate (Contemporary Department) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2016
The company focuses a lot on clientele and maintaining relationships that are already established. There was never a lot of traffic in the store that I worked in, so it was hard to pick up new clients!
Energetic selling team
Denim Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2016
Competitive selling team, pushes you to achieve and exceed personal selling goals. There are always selling incentives to drive sales, such as selling competitions from brand ambassadors and vendors.
Hard to make sales to maintain a good pay. The ratio of sales of associate to customers is low, there is not enough sales to go around.
Experience
Designer selling specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2016
Good opportunity, worked with great people and gave me an experience I hadnt had before. Gave me a good insight into the retail world
Ups and Downs
Merchandising/Stock/Visual (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
Regular basis they treat the MILLION DOLLAR SALES ASSOCIATES BETTER THAN ANYBODY. They don't have to do anything no matter how much mess they make and basically the merchandiser are treated as slaves the amount of work they do cleaning up their mess and the sales associates mess. Management from what i see everyday barely visible and always show up when they think its too busy or when they don't see you.

ALOT OF FAVORITISM
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Fun place to work!
Merchandise Order Filler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
Saks is a great company to work for. The people there treat each other like family. I would love to work here at Saks in any state.
Building relationships with clients
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  shorthillsMarch 27, 2016
Learned so much working for Prada. A typical work day would consist of myself checking in on my emails from clients. Reaching out to my clients that i have helped with shoes,bags etc.. Co workers were extremely humble, had a blast with them each and every day. Management was very pleasant, they coped with my school schedule. Would not trade this experience for the world.
Pros
Great energy from everyone
Cons
no cons
What can I say about Saks Fifth Avenue.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2016
One of my best jobs. Very high end retail store.
Excellent job. My concierge services and personality shined at the store. All the employees liked me and I was very much respected.
Pros
Great management and employees.
Cons
Saks it is an ok Company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at Saks is waiting for customers to come into the store. Most of the time it is a waist of time. You will learn a lot a bout fashion. The company has great discounts for employees. Like in any other place you have good coworkers and not to good ones. No the best place to make friends or take coworkers as friends.
The hardest part of the job is when you don't make any money. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it ends and you go home.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
waisting time, work/life balance, greedy coworkers
Very intense
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2016
Not enough compensation for all the hard work.
Nobody seems to be happy working there.
a lot of pressure.
really hard to grow within the company
tense workplace
very competitive environment
Pros
good discount
Truck Days
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 11, 2016
Working at Saks we receive a merchandise truck everyday of the week. We brake the pallets of clothes down and disperses them throughout the store.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Early Mornings
Working as Web Producer
Web Producer/Project Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
A typical day as a producer is filled with a lot of work and managing a lot of teams to make sure the job is getting done. The project manager needs to be managed by the web production team as he does not communicate effectively for other teams to understand what the need to do. A lot of hand holding in this position but it gives you a lot of responsibilities.
Pros
Work life balance, salary, PTO
Cons
Health Insurance and growth
Poor Management
Sales Associate - Women's Ready to Wear (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 8, 2016
This is a sad review. The main problem I have with this job is the unrealistic goals and the lack of upward mobility. The benefits also changed and now I don't have health insurance because I cant afford to use the plans.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks?
Cons
NO work/life balance, unrealistic expectations, no upward advancement opritunities.
customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 6, 2016
customer service. Greet the guests to their seats, food runner during busy hours, take online and to go orders to the guests. when closing I clean tables for the next day.
good overall
Kilian Fragrance Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2016
Typical high end retail environment. building niche brand, upper management can be challenging at time. not as great quality of employees as in the past. Slow traffic store can be challening
Pros
hours of operation
Cons
A lot of changes