Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews in United States

Good job
Department Selling Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 22, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Saks in Chevy Chase. I enjoyed the team, the atmosphere, and the work load was totally doable. The only reason that I left was my commute. I was driving too far to get to work. I would highly recommend this company to others.
Pros
Beautiful store-fabulous product
Cons
The compensation could have been better.
I learned a lot from my time with Saks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 18, 2016
I enjoyed working there although I was constantly monitored and threatened. I enjoyed working from home. We received a month of training which was good. We were given a supervisor for every 10 people to begin our work. Everything was taped and monitored. We had two breaks of 15 minutes and could choose to have 30 minute lunch or an hour lunch.
Saks is not neimans
Niche Fragrance Brand Manager ; Cosmetic Sales (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2016
During my time here I largely did not enjoy it. the Management could be better overall the company during my time there lacked any real direction on how to gain new shoppers as a whole.
Pros
I met a few nice people working there
Cons
I would not work there agian
Very employee friendly
Estée Lauder Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2016
Great company with very good benefits but management was terrible. Store was closed because of the way it was managed. People that worked in the store were great at their jobs. The insurance was very good and reasonably priced.
Pros
great pay
Cons
awful management
Negative work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
A Flagship Store that only cares about themselves and not the well-being of their employees.
Lack of communication skills and always covering up for friends of management.
Never a place to trust management. any confidential information is known to every employee within matters of minutes.
Pros
you can meet nice customers
Cons
management does not help you unless there is a benefit for them
Saks is a good place to work; but is outsourcing their IT department
Senior Programmer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 3, 2016
Saks, was bought out by HBC (Hudson's Bay Company) a few years ago. They are now currently outsourcing their IT support department. I can tell you it is currently a great place to work, but I cannot look into the future. TSC will be taking over the support in the near future.
Pros
Co-workers are great to work with.
Cons
being outsourced to another company
Premier Retail Corporation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 1, 2016
Saks Fifth Avenue is a premier retailer with a long rich history of serving clients personally and professionally. It is a beautiful store with the best merchandise.
Great place to grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
I applied for employment at Saks with specific goals in mind, in which I was able to reach in three months of employment. I went in knowing that I wanted to learn, meet people, build clientele, be promoted, and bring great skills to the company. I had a very supportive group of managers that loved me, my work, and fully supported me helping me reach my goals. Saks may not be for everyone because of sales, but if you want success it's extremely possible with this company as long as you work hard.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible schedule, Fashion shows, generous discounts, Lots to learn, Culture
Don't walk, run away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2016
Learn a lot of product knowledge about the designers. Updated with latest trends and what not. Really good discount and the store has really cool events.

Very difficult to move up, no one retires. Very unprofessional when it comes to an issue involving another coworker. The pay structure is awful.
Pros
Discount, fun events
Cons
Pay structure, do not promote within
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 23, 2016
From management to the store associates were difficult to work with and called customer service department to do things that they were able to do. A lot of the customers were very rude.
Pros
Cons
Management and Computer system not up to par very difficult to navigate.
Competitive work place with room for growth
Fifth Avenue Club Consultant / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMay 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of Personal Shopping is identifying clients style and creating "looks" for them. Also getting to know the clients on a more personal level rather than just seeing them as customers was enjoyable.
hr/ workforce holds you accountable from day one
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 18, 2016
You will not be doing work that you were hired to do. Workforce (as they call it) is so strict, they actually pay/evaluate you based on the phone log in; So they waste your time training you for three whole weeks ( actually 5 total) how to answer a phone, do all this for a customer/call. And really all they care about is when/ how many minutes you log into a phone. I would rather be held competent/ accountable for a job that's worth it; my merit as an employee should not be based on a phone timekeeping system, but how well I do my job.
Pros
weekly pay, helping customers
Cons
micromanagement, hard to move up/succeed
horrible management
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2016
Worst job experience I've ever had.
Management was too young to run a store that big. The sales rep weren't pleasant to customers. There would be days staff was limited due to so many callouts.
Wondeful work environment
Brand Ambassador, Men's (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
Although things can get a little confusing because the company is so big, overall I have no complaints about Saks. If you come there with a selling attitude you can make a lot of money.
Pros
Great employee Discount
Cons
Its hourly vs Commission, so if you don't make your goal you'll end up owing Saks the remaining balance.
Great coworkers and internal opportunity for advancement.
Service Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNMay 10, 2016
I worked for a few years at this location, and began working a job I loved. When I took my last job with them I signed an agreement to take the position with hours written on the agreement. I received notice of a schedule change the day before expected to change it. They wanted me in at 6 am, and the daycares open at 6 am. I tried my best to adapt but was met with resistance when the hours no longer worked to try and post out to another position within my department. They very reason I needed to change was the reason I could not. An attendance point system.

I found a sympathetic ear with HR however, the decision was ultimately left to my Ops Manager, who does not have children and was unhelpful in my attempts to change and stay with the company.

Other departmentss than the one I worked for seemed to experience less turn over and the employees were happy overall. I do not recommend Inventory Control or QA if applying. The other departments seemed to be more concerned with their employees well being.
Pros
Opportunity for internal advancement.
Cons
Schedule changes often and without proper notice, apathetic to child care concerns with this.
Fun environment
Fine Jewelry Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 6, 2016
Saks Fifth Avenue is a great company to develop relationships building with clients. As an employee you will get an opportunity to meet a lot of kind hearted people.
Not a good place at all!😞
Risk (Former Employee) –  MSMay 5, 2016
Worked there 7 months then was finally offered my benefits. Training is not done properly there. You sit at the supervisor desk and shadow her for 3 weeks or however long she can stand it. Then you on ur own. They hire ppl left and right there. You have to work from 3 diff banners with pulling and working customers orders. And my personal opinion is that they dont pay enough for all that. Place completely stressed me out to the point I lost weight and was barely eating. Supervisor(s) are very fake and messy especially in the risk/fraud dept. They will smile and play with you and stab you in your back. They talk about the co-workers business among one another to another supervisor. Also to your co-workers. They show favoritism to who they want. I was being picked on constantly for no reason. I came in did my work. Barely talked but somehow I was always a problem. So I eventually quit. And I gained my weight back and is at peace due to being away from a highly stressful environment. They only care about them self so take care of you when it's all said and done💯
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, short to lil notice of overtime
n/a
Operational Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDMay 4, 2016
Great environment with my co-workers everyday in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of my day is accomplishing my goals.
Great Job but very unorganize
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 3, 2016
typical day at work is rest assuring that I deliver great and productive customer service working and experiencing bigger new things knowing that you are able to move up in the company getting great gifts talking and building relationships with my customers
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, scheduling
Long drive to do what I love.
Building Engineer Painter/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I love what i do for a living. I put alot into my work. When I decided to leave my job because of the daily stress of Management and Accept the job with them I didn't know it was a pilot program.My day started at 4:30 am go in paint fix what ever needs to be befor 10:00 am.I had five stores. A different store everyday.I drove about 600 miles a week in my own personal vehicle.The people I work with were great.
Pros
The experienec of working in a retail store.
Cons
Driving 600 miles a week