Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

Fabulous products and training
sales associate (Former Employee), palm beach gardens, flAugust 28, 2015
Saks was a great company to gain knowledge of high end fashion. I learned a lot and I apply that knowledge to other jobs. Working at the company was definitely a learning experience.
Great company great location
Cosmetics Merchandising (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2015
I have spent the last 9 years with this company, I have never been so sad to leave a job. Wonderful people, excellent place to work.
great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 25, 2015
This was my 1st job out of school. I moved up quickly from a floater to a FT Customer Service/Cash Office associate. At the time I loved the job. I left because I moved back to Virginia.
what I learned
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2015
Cons: Employees were not valued or acknowledged
Company culture and every-day working environment was not conducive for employee growth or quality of living; store management was stagnant (lacking in desire for new ideas and/or change), the atmosphere fostered employee sabotage and an environment where working together to satisfy the customer was frowned upon.
I learned that not all workers are "co-workers" and that a large company will take advantage of its employee base if allowed. There was increasing large turn-over rate, as well
Intersting experience
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee), Bal Harbour, FLAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Nice office and location
Cons: management, people, work hours, priorities
Not what I expected. Most of the day is spent auditing. Not much focus on thefts. The manager is a micro manager which made the environment unpleasant. A lot of selfish employees work there.
Cool coworkers, Terrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2015
Cons: Need a saks credit card to use your employee discount 👎🏾, management not good, low hourly pay
Management is garbage they pick favorites and for some reason can't schedule associates within their availability for their lives. Coworkers are cool for the most part, every workplace has a person (or people) that are annoying and saks is no exception. Good part time job if you want to work just a couple of days and short hour shifts. All in all no too bad if you don't let small things get to you and communicate.
Standing at Promotional outposts engaging customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fragrances and CosmeticsAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free items (ex: Exclusive perfumes, make up, creams) Employee Discount on the whole store
Cons: No health benefits, No stable hours
The store opens its doors at 10 am and every customer coming in is a potential buyer. I illustrate and demonstrate the product by giving them an engaging experience. Some customers purchase right after our encounter, some return along the day, and some prefer to experience our samples at home,

I have learned to become more of a people's person. I am more open to new people and love to engage in conversations. Also I have perfected my selling skills.

Management is usually fair. My communication with the has always been very professional

Co-workers have taught me many things throughtout the years. We work hard together to meet our goals. we are all team players

The hardest part of the job are the days when not sufficient customers enter the store due to the weather or a parade etc. Why?
Not enough potential buyers and as a result our goals are sometimes not met. The pressure starts pushing but we always find a way to work harder and make it up the following day or so.

The most enjoyable part of my job is of course my one on one with people/customers from all over the globe. I have an excuse to talk to them, to learn from them while giving them back a great experience at the store and a memorable item when purchases are made.
drink the kool-aid and like it when you succeed
sales associate (Former Employee), Bala Cynwyd, PAAugust 16, 2015
so many employees face the realization that achieving your "draw" every week is almost impossible. but given the right department, using all the tools provided, and thinking outside the selling box you can shine, sell, and become a career salesperson.
Customer service
Sales/ Merchandiser (Current Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 13, 2015
I have work with people who is very passionate about fashion. My job is to keep the place clean at all time as well as helping customers.
Interesting experience....
Sales Professional (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: 1 hour unpaid break, plus 20 minute paid break
Cons: strict time keeping
I have enjoyed working for Saks but it has had its ups and downs. Management is great but there really isn't much room for growth.
Great co-workers
IT Manager, Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Recently purchased by another company
Saks has many great employees, although very departmentalized, we manged to accomplish a lot of good things for corporate and stores nationwide.
I don't think they pay enough for the work you perform.
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Aberdeen MarylandJuly 31, 2015
Pros: I met some very nice people.
Cons: I don't think you should judge people if they can't get the highest produtivity.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part for me was computers, because I know hardly anything about them. The only thing that I didn't like is when the lead would tell my co-workers that they should be able to do a higher productivity because I was doing it and I don't think you should judge one person by another.
Good place to start
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Long breaks, many opportunities for advancement
I have used this place to begin my career and gain the knowledge needed to move up in the company. Management is very understanding and is willing to work with associates.
Manager (Former Employee), CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Many fun incentives for opening up credit accounts.
Cons: Open on Sundays
The corporate office communicated often and clearly. The management at the store level was supportive and helpful. Goals were set and achievable. I worked in a smaller store. It felt more personal. I liked the atmosphere.
clientele selling is key
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bal Harbor ShopsJuly 26, 2015
Pros: great product
Cons: lack of growth
Not a terrible place for retail, some days are just going to be really dead everywhere, hence why having a client list to call is awesome. having a client base is key to success, as many associates have relationships with customers, and can be very territorial, whether the customer wants to work with them or not. Vertical mobility is slow and stunted as managers rarely change or move beyond the store. Most everyone there is very friendly and easy to get along with, however most of my coworkers have since moved on.
Professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
It was great working at Saks Fifth -NY Flagship store. I enjoyed my job, and working with some managers in the store. They have great benefits.
Saks working routine
Luxury Brands Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Contests to drive sales and win the designer items
Cons: Standing for the long periods of time
Email, calling clients with the updates of shopping events, information about locating certain item as per their preferences, assist current shoppers, merchandise items in a fancy presentation, run social media to increase traffic and sales, take incoming inquiries, repair orders, customer service issues, cross selling into different departments, check competitor pricing, open and close duties with cash and register reports, attend meetings and presentations for product knowledge.
Best retail
Designer Apparel (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 20, 2015
It is great to work with customers in the #1 retail store. I enjoy selling designer clothes, shoes and everything the store has to offer.
Saks is great place to work for as fashion forward. i always love seeing things on the red carpet that we sold
price management supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: you got to megal with the best in the high fashion world
Cons: they do not promote from within
Saks is very big on customer services. I think that they are one of the best customer services companies out there in this day and age. the most exciting was receiving new merchandise and see them in fashion magazine. not to mention the celebrity that comes through
A good place to work if....
Inventory Processor (Current Employee), la vergne,tnJuly 13, 2015
Good place to work if you don't need 40 hours a week and want to work every holiday. Pay is ok and most of the leads and supervisors are good to get along with
Headquarters