Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 21, 2017
If you aren't in the click you don't matter. There is no job security you busy your butt while others walk around doing nothing. Too many relationships bf and gf get jealous. There is no communication!!!!!! The people are horrible And heartless
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Short breaks, communication, management
Wood personnel (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 19, 2017
I liked working there but the people was mean and bad to people.nice company nice boss man.the work was very easy i got alone with alot of people then people started to treatn me and i end up leaving
Pros
Cons
Long breaks
Ok
Senior Manager, International Compliance (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJanuary 14, 2017
Mid Level Management is great....senior is terrible. Saks was purchased by HBC and the transition was difficult, as it always is. No room for advancement unless you re-locate to NY. Not very open to ideas from outside the core management group.
Pros
good, hard working people, ample lunch breaks, offices available, lunch cafe
Cons
no room for advancement locally, outdated offices
Interesting store with varied customers and employees
SALES (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2017
Upscale retail womens fashion venue.
As the economy faced problems and people reeavaluated their spending, the atmosphere at Saks became more difficult. Also as some managers moved on new managers were not as aware of the culture Saks tried to portray.
Most coworkers were delightful to work with, but others did not grasp the concept that the customer was always right.
The most enjoyable part of the job was forming a relationship with the client and being able to help her select wardrobe items that were both appropriate and fashion forward.
Pros
Discount on fabulous merchandise
Cons
Pressure to continually produce more each season
Productive, reliable, works great with others, loves learning new things.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 9, 2017
A day at work is good. I get to work early, hate being late. Clock in and get to working 3rd party account payments, and clear the queue for credit fraud, making sure that the customers, who had their identity stolen, are not held reliable for their credit bureau scoring issues. I handle the mail, and also assist with answering phones if the call volume is high.
Pros
Free food and they celebrate customer appreciation with games.
Cons
Health benefits
Fast paced competitive sales environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Must stay updated on all the new designers in the store and sales. Consistently keep in touch with your clients on a daily basis about new products at the store and their satisfaction with their products.
Interesting workplace very productive high end
Customer service representative and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson MississippiJanuary 8, 2017
I had a great experience working for Saks incorporated offices based out of Jackson Mississippi. I would love to possibly work for Saks again in the future.. My overall experience was great wish I had a better manager.
Pros
BBQs and fundraising events
Cons
Short breaks indeed
great co-workers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2017
you work with really amazing anf fun people, but management is clueless, its a shame. The place has such a great location, but the traffic never seems what they promise you.
Great weekly pay, but highly competitive commission based atmosphere
Client Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Long shifts, about 9 hours each day. 1 hour unpaid lunch break, and a 20 min paid break. Hard 90 day expectations for new employees. Business is getting slow, urges associates to be overly pushy about items on sales floor while also being overly friendly. Returns from customers can leave associates in deficits that they can't make up because of slow business, leading to no commission pay. Tension between departments while cross-selling. Pay is weekly, commission takes 2 weeks to process from sales week.
Excellent opportunity for creativity in a luxury environment
Visual Director (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 2, 2017
A wonderful experience collaborating with leaders in the industry driven by a focus on creating a wow for the customer on a daily basis.
its okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 2, 2017
never make plans for off days, they take them pretty much every week. management doesn't have your back when stating the policy. they tell us to say no, but when the customer request a manager, they just say yes. (pretty much why the request managers) a lot of technical issues. just a mess.
Great work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work at. The atmosphere is one of a kind and helping customers is a great joy. Great company for young adults. Very flexible with hours.
Good starting job
Menswear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 31, 2016
I applied to work at Saks Fifth Avenue hoping that there was the opportunity for promotion, which wasn't the case. Saks hires management externally. I was not made aware of this for months, even after telling my now manager during my job interview that I was looking for a job that I could see advancement in.
I loved the organizational culture in our store!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2016
I loved working for this company in the Denver location. I wish other opportunities like this would arise. I was given a lot of freedom and minimal micro-managing.
Pros
Cons
Pay rate was on the low side.
Hectic Place Semi Cool Job
brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  611 Fifth avenueDecember 29, 2016
Working at Saks your success ultimately depends on you. It's high energy lots of fashionable items for you to get history and product knowledge on. Then applying it to lifestyle, this is a great company. They offer lots of perks, including free items if you make certain sales, it's all customer service and professionalism. You go in and get the respect from you peers and clients. However there isn't much cohesiveness between co workers. It can be very competitive on the sales floor working with coworkers. People stealing sales, having arguments and disputes over transactions. The shade is real but nonetheless you rub shoulders with some cool people, and if your lucky might get to dress a celeb or two.
Pros
promo gifts
Cons
short breaks, favoritism
Fun to place to work!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 28, 2016
Absolutely loved the culture at Saks and the people there are amazing! I only wish there were more customers to work with. I would spend some days only seeing three customers. Loved the merchandise!!
Pros
Many catered meals
Cons
Slow
excitement and high energy store
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
Luxury is the key word here...totally awesome store with top of the line designers and clients. The customer care is amazing. beautiful place to work and shop.
Pros
designer brands all around.helpfull personnel
Cons
Management willing to work with you
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2016
I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th during my time in school and they were always willing to work with my schedules. Co-workers are very friendly and the company supports team socials and does a great job in finding ways to celebrate the holidays while working.
Pros
Great management, nice discounts
Challenging and Rewarding
Armani Collezioni Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
Saks offers an opportunity like no other. You have the possibility to make great money as they do carry some of the best merchandise available.When busy, your revenue stream can be quit rewarding. You do have to build your client list, but no different as in any other business this is key to your success.

I have worked in 2 different locations,and being in management positions myself I have found management to work diligent as well as being effective in there day to day task. Overall extremely friendly, courteous and approachable.The most rewarding part of the day to day is the connections you make with your clients. I do feel Saks should offer sales training as to better equip there associates for higher success, therefor avoiding a high turnover.

If your looking to challenge yourself in an environment that will sharpen your skills in sales, building relationships, and the fundamentals of personal growth, Saks Fifth Avenue will give you the tools to succeed in your career.

Pros
Challenging environment to further your career in sales
Cons
Very little room for advancement
Great retail company
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 26, 2016
If you like retail this is the place. Competitive pay and benefits make this a great place to develop your career. The higher management is a bit hard to get a hold of but other than that its a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits and growth opportunities
Cons
Well its retail which means retail hours and schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saks Fifth Avenue. Our community is ready to answer.