Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

Good place to start
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Long breaks, many opportunities for advancement
I have used this place to begin my career and gain the knowledge needed to move up in the company. Management is very understanding and is willing to work with associates.
Manager (Former Employee), CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Many fun incentives for opening up credit accounts.
Cons: Open on Sundays
The corporate office communicated often and clearly. The management at the store level was supportive and helpful. Goals were set and achievable. I worked in a smaller store. It felt more personal. I liked the atmosphere.
clientele selling is key
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bal Harbor ShopsJuly 26, 2015
Pros: great product
Cons: lack of growth
Not a terrible place for retail, some days are just going to be really dead everywhere, hence why having a client list to call is awesome. having a client base is key to success, as many associates have relationships with customers, and can be very territorial, whether the customer wants to work with them or not. Vertical mobility is slow and stunted as managers rarely change or move beyond the store. Most everyone there is very friendly and easy to get along with, however most of my coworkers have since moved on.
Professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
It was great working at Saks Fifth -NY Flagship store. I enjoyed my job, and working with some managers in the store. They have great benefits.
Saks working routine
Luxury Brands Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Contests to drive sales and win the designer items
Cons: Standing for the long periods of time
Email, calling clients with the updates of shopping events, information about locating certain item as per their preferences, assist current shoppers, merchandise items in a fancy presentation, run social media to increase traffic and sales, take incoming inquiries, repair orders, customer service issues, cross selling into different departments, check competitor pricing, open and close duties with cash and register reports, attend meetings and presentations for product knowledge.
Best retail
Designer Apparel (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 20, 2015
It is great to work with customers in the #1 retail store. I enjoy selling designer clothes, shoes and everything the store has to offer.
Saks is great place to work for as fashion forward. i always love seeing things on the red carpet that we sold
price management supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: you got to megal with the best in the high fashion world
Cons: they do not promote from within
Saks is very big on customer services. I think that they are one of the best customer services companies out there in this day and age. the most exciting was receiving new merchandise and see them in fashion magazine. not to mention the celebrity that comes through
A good place to work if....
Inventory Processor (Current Employee), la vergne,tnJuly 13, 2015
Good place to work if you don't need 40 hours a week and want to work every holiday. Pay is ok and most of the leads and supervisors are good to get along with
Saks is fun
Selling Manager (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJJuly 10, 2015
A typical day at Saks is packed with action. Selling managers are responsible for running the entire store. I really enjoy having such a huge store to deal with and to manage a staff of about 100.
The management team works hand and hand daily to make sure all required of our store is met.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), new York, NYJuly 6, 2015
great place to work. hardest part was commission and the shark environment. otherwise good if you love fashion and the customer experience.
Great place to work great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
Great company to work for great environment good management
great associates to work with.
A place that it docent feel like work
will work in the company again great experience
Amazing Team!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Saks 5th aveJuly 6, 2015
Pros: The tools provided to achieve success
Cons: Competition
Best co workers one could ask for.
Ability to advance in profession.
Never stagnant, always changing to current fashion trends and lifestyle.
A sense of real importance once clocking in for every shift.

This is ideal for someone who is great with communication and able to be aggressive with sales all whilst maintaining the highest rate of professionalism.

Compensation is competitive and requires one to go above and beyond to make a mark on your clients.
it has it's perks but not worth it
Burberry Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
pay structure is horrible, no real support from higher management and absolutely no work life balance. Best thing about the job was the team i worked with and my coworkers.
great clothing
Sales Specialist for Lafayette 148 New York (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: get free gifts and sales experience
Cons: you have to be aggressive to maintain goals
enjoyed the work for 3 years until the management changed
this was an opportunity to chanllenge you sales approach and skills
a luxury brand with challenges
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAJuly 1, 2015
I do love this company with some room for advancement. I believe product knowledge and knowing what is going on in the company is very important and this is where this location lacks.
chatty place
Credit Service Analyst (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 30, 2015
Pros: developed character
Cons: rude customers
this is the first call center I worked at and I never knew how busy call centers could be. I learned that I was very versatile and able to deal with all types of personalities and not take it personally
Luxury Retail Management
Department Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 30, 2015
A typical day included a variety of activities from customer service to profit/loss analysis and sales review. Merchandising of products and display was the most enjoyable part of this position.
Slow paced and hard to make commission
Sales Associate and Office Manager (Current Employee), Beverly Hills & Las VegasJune 29, 2015
Pros: Allows schedule flexibilty
Cons: too many sales associates on the floor at once
The system is unfair and makes it difficult to make a consistent fair living. Salary is commission v.s. draw but merchandise return policy is out dated and what is in placed is not adhered to. Much of the best merchandise is often missing from the sales floor due to studio services and internal personal shoppers. It is difficult to stay positive in this environment but the are some occasional successes.
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty & Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: I get to work with great people.
Cons: I wish my job paid more.
Saks Fifth Avenue is a beautiful place to work! I enjoy my coworkers, customers and the management team. My job is to make every person who comes into Saks feel welcome and appreciated. I am knowledgeable in all of our products which makes selling very easy. I love to sell!!
Lead Hardware Support Analyst (Supervisory)
Lead Hardware Support Analyst (Supervisory) (Former Employee), Abingdon, MDJune 26, 2015
• Participate in store Automation systems installation, Removals and upgrades
• Participate in store Point of Sales systems installation, Removals and upgrades
• Facilitate technical training of other technicians
• Communicate status and Timing of projects and repairs to management
• Maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts used in repair work
• Inventory control Analyst
• Prioritize tasks – more... and manage time with minimum supervision
• Supervise 4 permanent and 2 contract staff member, and assist with 2 off site staff members
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Windows and net meeting
• Designed a reporting application in Microsoft Access to run Daily, Weekly and Ad-Hoc reports for Management and senior Management
• Provide off hour (On Call) Support
• Knowledge of Automation (PC, Laptop and Networking), Point of Sale and peripheral (USB Drives, Printers (Local and Network) Equipment
• RF Scanner Repair and RF Portable Printer Repair – less