Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

A Great Opportunity To Work For A Company With Class
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioSeptember 27, 2016
Every day was different and allowed you to use the many skills you had acquired over your career. Working in a large metropolitan area at a premier store required dedication and a love for the people that you serve. The merchandise was top of the line and a clientele that required first class service. My co-workers were hard working and filled with team spirit.
Pros
Clientele
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Great Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Enjoyed my time working for Saks! Despite my direct manager, the overall management team was friendly and resourceful. I highly recommend to any interested applicants.
A wonderful part of my life
Comm. sales Designer Salon (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour Shops Fla.September 22, 2016
The opportunities for growth, the wonderful people I met and served. Always had good relationship with my managers. Some of those relationships have evolved into loyal friendships I value and treasure. The culture is one of tremendous product knowledge. The day starts with meetings where all areas of the store have featured products everyone is educated about. My customer relations were always the most enjoyable part. I had one of the most moving amazing retirement parties ever seen in the store.After a year away from what has been my lifeline I want to be a part of it again and hope to find a new fresh fit with the same commitment to excellence.Saks reinforced that commitment in me.
Pros
Amazing opportunity for growth.Customer relations.
Cons
Corporations evolve & change. The energy changes. And so do we.
saks fifth avenue
Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYSeptember 21, 2016
You come in help customers and clean at the same time. More staff was needed. I learned to use the register and tactics to help customers. Mangement needed more training on how to conduct themselves and not to gossip. The hardest part was cleaning after a very busy day. I enjoyed the free lunchs, raffles, associate appreciation week when your second break was extended and the employ discount was the best!
Pros
free lunch, associate appreciation week, great deals
Cons
management was rude, gossip to work to much, and if you were in the hospital and couldn't come to work they acted more rude.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The worst place to work people is rude managers don't care about the workers is all about numbers !! Not traffic in the store only employees, and they are always fighting for sales!! They will fire people every week !! The Heavy set Woman from human resurces is the nasty's people u ever meet !
Pros
Discounts for Employees
Cons
Bad vibe, no clients, not opportunity to grow
Working at saks
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Working at Saks sometimes can be alright. Ive learned how to communicate better and smile at all time! Learned how to satisfy every customer. The management their is great. My co-workers are very fun and always energetic. The hardest part of the job will be , trying to keep up with every count of merchandise each customer brings in and out of the fitting room. The most enjoyable part of my job must be when we have group meetings.
Was a great place to work
Vice President of Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 8, 2016
Worked with a lot of good people. Work was fun. In IT days are long but I believe that is normal in IT. Now that Saks is part of HBC some things have changed.
Pros
People - Cafe - Employee Discount
Fun and easy
Credit Processor (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 1, 2016
It is a good work environment. You are appreciated for your work. It is easy and quick to catch on. The people are easy to get along with and the management team are very welcoming.
Fun place to work
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 29, 2016
Just a quick job for easy money to help with bills ni e people to work with management sometimes doesn't know what there doing and may make work difficult
Pros
Fun quiet
promotion overload
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
would be a great place to work if the slaes floor wasnt overflowing with sales people and the promotional calendar wasnt overfed. the bulding has been under construction since before i can remember.
Fast paced and inventory accurate work place.
Shiping Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 19, 2016
Saks Fifth Avenue west coast warehouse days usually started at 7:00 a.m. Clear the conveyor belt for more inventory from receiving dock. Prepare for hanging garments as well. Sometimes had to stay past 3:30 but not very often. I learned about how a warehouse operates and how to co-operate with other supervisors to get the job done right the first time. Management had their good days and bad days And I got along well with most of them. The same goes for my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes working 10-12 hours a week day and eight hours on Saturday, but that was due to the holiday season. The most enjoyable part was getting to know some very interesting people.
Good job while in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 17, 2016
Management was friendly and worked with my school schedule. Typical day as a sales associate included calling customers, cleaning specific areas, and helping customers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low pay for amount of work expected.
Growth and Fun
Designer Handbags (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
Saks is a great company to work for. You really feel like you are in charge of your own business in cultivating customers into clients. Although there isn't really room for advancement it is still a very satisfying job. Managers are very friendly and easy to talk to. They really do try to balance your personal and work time so it benefits you. The most enjoyable part of my job is the connections I make with my clients and how I make them feel when they leave.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Commission Based
Saks Fifth Avenue, Freelance skincare specialist
Skincare Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2016
My experience at Saks Fifth Avenue was excellent. I worked as a
part time permanent freelancer at the rate of $25-30 per hour,
however the product was removed from the store and my position was eliminated.
Pros
Good location, flexible hours, lovely environment
Tough Start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 12, 2016
tough start in building client book.
terrible draw vs. commission payout structure.
varied commission percentages 6-10 percent
expensive benefits.
great discount
Beautiful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2016
Lively coworkers kept job interesting. There were a variety of vendors and designers to familiarize self with. I left there with a strong knowledge of fashion and luxury retail sales.
Productive, great customer service
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
It is a good atmosphere to work in and the customer service is excellent. I learned how to do encaps and tables. I learned better communication skills and how to obtain my prior knowledge to help me better assist customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing my every day task and making sure my customers leave satisfied.
Pros
rapid service
Cons
limited hours
Slow pace low customer traffic high sales goals
La Mer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
Unrealistic sales expectations and very slow pace . Expected to call email and write letters to customers to get them buy more or come back into the store. Associates stealing sales from others to meet goals and increase commission check
Pros
Nice hourly
Cons
High sales goals, slow traffic
Challenging and fun.
Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee) –  LaVergne, TNAugust 9, 2016
My typical work day can go easy or be challenging. I like my Manager that I have currently because he is very respectful and thinks about our family lives when it comes to our work. My co-workers make the environment fun and less stressful. They also help whenever needed without judgement. The hardest part of my job is just wanting to believe people are good until proven otherwise. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to do the right thing.
Pros
company has prizes and treats and plans special events to make employees feel good.
small store
Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2016
clean, organize, manage, make overs, enjoy everyone at work and clients learn new products everyday and making new friends
Pros
luncheons
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saks Fifth Avenue. Our community is ready to answer.