Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employer Reviews

Great Team
Merchandising Team Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2014
I work with a great team of associates..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Great company culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
I learned a lot about sales and allowing the client to have an experience, it wasn't just about the merchandise.
Work hard, hardly appreciated.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch once in awhile.
Cons: management. never having product in stock.
I was excited to come to Saks Fifth Avenue after being at Nordstrom for almost 4 years. Rumor was, that Saks Fifth Avenue didn't let people return worn shoes and that they had a 30-day return policy but in the end I found out that wasn't quite the case.

Half of our sales were done online or through placing orders from other stores because of how limited – more... we were with product and management would completely disregard the return policy and take it back anyways. We were never given a productivity adjustment and we as sales people pretty much took the hit right out of our own pockets. – less
Productive and fun workplace with my co-wokers and client's
Sale Associate & Personal Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: working with my co-workers and client's
Cons: an unsatisfied customer
Knowing the product I am selling and giving my client's a great day to remember. I enjoy interacting with co-workers and satisfying the customers that I can help. I always have an excellent client book to refer to0. I enjoy the environment of beauty and luxury.
A GREAT place to work.
Sales Consultant Contemporary Department (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 5, 2014
During my time at Saks I learned so much and worked with some very talented people. A great company to work for. Very professional and ethical.
Its not a bad place to work, but...
Lead Developer (Current Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: work from home, early outs during the summer, jeans all year
Cons: managers believe if you aren't at your desk with your hands on the keyboard, you are obviously not working.
Saks has an IT shop. With that in mind, in house development is to a minimum. Most of the software is purchased by contracts to other companies which is then supported by the IT staff.

Like I said, not a bad place to work, but you shouldn't stay here long if you want to further your career any higher than just a developer.
Cool Clothes
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free stuff some times
Cons: slow days
Good Employee Discount
Busy days are good
Management is demanding but laid back if expectations are met
co workers are cut throat
holidays are the hardest
Getting the newest clothes and trends in the city.
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 27, 2014
Overall nice place to work. Managers are ready to help out
when needed.
Saks was a great place to work and learn
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 23, 2014
I worked in the call center in Jackson, Ms. I was initially hired as seasonal and the first 5 wks on the job was paid training, after my seasonal position was over, I was hired full time. Once on the floor, you take around 25 to 30 calls per day during the slow season and around 70-90 calls per day during peak season i.e Christmas and Friends and Family – more... sales. Lots of overtime was offered during peak seasons. Our scheduled work time was based off performance, as well as our monthly bonuses. The hardest part of the job was handling irate customers. The best part of the job was that I could work from home as a remote associate! The most enjoyable part of the job, was the people I got to meet and the many competitions and rewards we participated in and received. I had a few health problems which caused me to resign from my positon and move on to other things. If I could, I would work for Saks again as seasonal or permanent part time. I really enjoyed everything about this job. – less
My Experience
Visual Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2014
Very fast pace environment. Visually expand my knowledge towards not just the fashion industry but sales, customer service and environmental support.
Great company that encourages work and life balance
Assistant General Manager of Merchandise (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2014
A very rewarding job. Experience I gained in addition to my position in Human Resources, Operations and Marketing was priceless.
Productive and fun palce to work
Specialist/Lead (Current Employee), Orange, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great company benefits, great team, great diversity
Cons: short breaks
Current employer is fast paced , challenging and rewarding at the same time. I have learned many aspects abut the business including daily operations, payroll, HR, and building a team. I love working with all the associates, meeting new clients and building a client base for the company. Management is an effective part of our daily operations by interacting – more... with the clients, and setting goals for the associates. – less
Friendly and organized work environment.
Off Fifth, Cashier (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work, I would start by clocking in then starting on a register. I would also work with the merchandising team on a regular. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure each customer left with a smile each and every visit.
No money to be made, stay away
Style Consultant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: hr lunch, great co workers
Cons: no money
Nothing more need to be said. No one that works here actually makes money except Executives and Managers. Point blank.
Great oppoetunity to coach and develop staff.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great learning experience in the world of a top retailer in the world
Cons: difficult to maintain the team morale at times when sales were slow.
New team members went through a thorough training done by me and then we went on to the selling floor to begin to develop a clientele. This was exciting and fun to see the accomplishments of new team members.
Good for making a little money
Material Handler (Current Employee), TNJuly 20, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: management and benefits
It was alright. I just helped the packers with supplies but the job doesn't pay much and some members of management can be a pain.
Great work environment. Supportive supervisors and managers. State of the art facility.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, building being air-cooled and heated, safe working environment, caring managers, teamwork oriented.
Cons: strengent work completion schedual, low pay, not working sufficient hours.
As a receiving clerk i began my morning unloading and processing merchandise from inbound trailers that arrived during the night. Work was completed when all processable merchandise was distributed to applicable areas via mechanized conveyor system.

What i learned at Saks, was the more i knew about my job, the more i was able to contribute to its effectiveness. – more... That mind-set helped me make suggestions that improved processes and save money. This not only benefited the company, it made work simpler for me.

The management team at Saks, in my opinion did a wonderful job under very stringent controls. They were given instructions by their bosses to complete all work in their departments within a established minimum time frame. To compensate us they gave us as many incentives as possible.

My co-workers for the most part worked very well together, i got along with all of them as well. When i was assigned to the small package area and i got swamped, they would gladly come and help and like wise when they needed help i would help them. We were very team work oriented.

The hardest part of the job was trying to complete all work within the established time frame. The time frame didn't take in to consideration that the total amount of fright in-coming was not always the same. Sometimes it was less and sometimes more. Another factor was the conveyer system would routinely malfunction.

The most enjoyable part of working as Saks, was the work environment and the facility. I got along with everyone and always felt safe. Management would routinely sponsor parties and events for all employees to come together and socialize for a couple of hours. The facility had a full cafeteria and the building was cooled and heated. – less
very active workplace
Director of Saks Fifth Avenue (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
great opportunity to learn about the retail business

great management
Uncreative Corporate Position
Designer (Current Employee), New YorkJuly 13, 2014
I begin the day dusting and cleaning the cosmetics and fragrance floor. Then the rest of the day is hectic getting projects thrown your way that need to be finished by the end of the day. There is also a lot of answering emails and talking to production companies.
I love working with a variety of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great people
Cons: management could have been better
I was a sale associate in the lingerie department; I had a close relationship with my clients. I assisted them in finding the right items, to do so I had to listen closely and visually fit their needs. I stay current with the latest fashion and trends, by attending daily meeting and doing my own research. I opened/closed register daily, counting cash, – more... sorting credit card slips, gift cards, and checks, for nightly drop. I worked the point of sale system, iPad, and processed credit card applications .I worked closely with a team of girls to ensure our department was clean, organized, and met superior standards. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos