Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employer Reviews

Great oppoetunity to coach and develop staff.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great learning experience in the world of a top retailer in the world
Cons: difficult to maintain the team morale at times when sales were slow.
New team members went through a thorough training done by me and then we went on to the selling floor to begin to develop a clientele. This was exciting and fun to see the accomplishments of new team members.
Good for making a little money
Material Handler (Current Employee), TNJuly 20, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: management and benefits
It was alright. I just helped the packers with supplies but the job doesn't pay much and some members of management can be a pain.
Great work environment. Supportive supervisors and managers. State of the art facility.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDJuly 18, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, building being air-cooled and heated, safe working environment, caring managers, teamwork oriented.
Cons: strengent work completion schedual, low pay, not working sufficient hours.
As a receiving clerk i began my morning unloading and processing merchandise from inbound trailers that arrived during the night. Work was completed when all processable merchandise was distributed to applicable areas via mechanized conveyor system.

What i learned at Saks, was the more i knew about my job, the more i was able to contribute to its effectiveness. – more... That mind-set helped me make suggestions that improved processes and save money. This not only benefited the company, it made work simpler for me.

The management team at Saks, in my opinion did a wonderful job under very stringent controls. They were given instructions by their bosses to complete all work in their departments within a established minimum time frame. To compensate us they gave us as many incentives as possible.

My co-workers for the most part worked very well together, i got along with all of them as well. When i was assigned to the small package area and i got swamped, they would gladly come and help and like wise when they needed help i would help them. We were very team work oriented.

The hardest part of the job was trying to complete all work within the established time frame. The time frame didn't take in to consideration that the total amount of fright in-coming was not always the same. Sometimes it was less and sometimes more. Another factor was the conveyer system would routinely malfunction.

The most enjoyable part of working as Saks, was the work environment and the facility. I got along with everyone and always felt safe. Management would routinely sponsor parties and events for all employees to come together and socialize for a couple of hours. The facility had a full cafeteria and the building was cooled and heated. – less
very active workplace
Director of Saks Fifth Avenue (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
great opportunity to learn about the retail business

great management
Uncreative Corporate Position
Designer (Current Employee), New YorkJuly 13, 2014
I begin the day dusting and cleaning the cosmetics and fragrance floor. Then the rest of the day is hectic getting projects thrown your way that need to be finished by the end of the day. There is also a lot of answering emails and talking to production companies.
I love working with a variety of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great people
Cons: management could have been better
I was a sale associate in the lingerie department; I had a close relationship with my clients. I assisted them in finding the right items, to do so I had to listen closely and visually fit their needs. I stay current with the latest fashion and trends, by attending daily meeting and doing my own research. I opened/closed register daily, counting cash, – more... sorting credit card slips, gift cards, and checks, for nightly drop. I worked the point of sale system, iPad, and processed credit card applications .I worked closely with a team of girls to ensure our department was clean, organized, and met superior standards. – less
Very upscale and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 129 Summit Blvd Birmingham AlJuly 11, 2014
I really enjoyed this job for two reasons: Fashion and People. I enjoyed assisting customers with their needs as it came to Fashion. I am a very out going individual and I was able to display that quality here. Management was pretty good, including my co-workers. The least enjoyable part of this I will have to say is clean up.
decent job, but very little room for advancement
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: no advancement, subpar pay
Typical retail job, has potential to be a great place to work, but has little growth opportunities.
Saks Fifth
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILJuly 5, 2014
Growing company with limited resources. Typical day requires managing the sales floor and expediting customer service requests. The hardest part of the job is lack of solid manager structure. The most enjoyable part is making processes work correctly and having some creative abilities.
productive
Debit Balance Coordinator (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: learn alot
Cons: fast pace
busy days with lots of training on a day to day basic. some day out weighs others but overall this is a great place to work for. i would recommend this workplace to others
Pleasant and Professional work Environment
Jewelry Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, InJune 30, 2014
Pros: working with a great staff
Cons: this company is going through many changes, and downsizing the jewelery dept.
I work in customer service, and assisting clients is the main focus everyday. Every client is to be greeted, and given a pleasurable and memorable experience. I feel this is essential for insuring that they will return in the future. I will go above and beyond to take care of my clients. I have personally delivered merchandise with my managers approval. – more... I feel very strongly that all associates must work as a team for the overall success of the store. I know the importance of clienteling, and spend time reaching out to clients. I enjoy meeting, and relating to people. I am very interested in hearing what they want to share, and providing them with whatever they are looking for. This company allows me to build my clients, and gives me the tools to do so. – less
N/A
Chanel Handbag Specialist (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 28, 2014
Working in the retail arena is the best part of this job. It's amazing to help a customer look great and feel amazing. If you love fashion, as I do, it's a lot of fun.
Great job, great hours, great employers
Cashier/ Auditor (Former Employee), Monroe, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: great discount, great fellow employees, and flexible schedule
Cons: hours were cut during off season
It was excellent working at Saks, I worked here while pursuing my bachelors degree which is now completed. A typical day at work if I opened was to open the cash registers, make sure cash registers were fully stocked and also service customers at the cash registers. I learned to develop better patience skills, count large sums of money and deal with – more... difficult customers. I enjoyed and got along with all of my co-workers and to me that was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was counting the safe because the amounts of money and also the pressure of not messing up. – less
great people to work with
I would assist customers (Former Employee), sarasotaJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great hours.
Cons: dont trust management
management played favorites, as well as would demote anyone who was a good team player
company events
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 16, 2014
picking always busy
learned to work in a fast paced enviorment
management wasn't that well, a lot of favoritism
co-workers were rude
hardest was working with co-workers that never wanted to help
getting paid
Luxurious Environment with Amazing Products
CHANEL Cosmetics Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJune 12, 2014
A great place to be if you enjoy a luxury shopping experience.
I would love to go back and work at this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 10, 2014
I would love to go back and work at this company! I dont know why I quit this company!
High end retail company operations center
Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 10, 2014
Pros: no micromanagement, good scheduling
Cons: there is little to no opportunity for growth past middle management.
Currently working at Saks Fifth Avenue's operation building. I work in the credit call center, which monitors, updates, and provide customer service to clients. My focus is on remote agents who are as far as South Carolina currently, but with plans to expand towards Nevada. A typical day for me consist of researching compliance adherence, call quality – more... assurance, technology research for the newly acquired remote program. Supervision of a team that house 17 or less employees in their daily duties. Reviewing of resumes for recruitment and interview of potential employees. – less
Was a great place to work before 2009.
Workshop Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Sales is always a tricky profession, but SFA made it a very pleasant place to be until the company began to sell from one owner to the next, year after year. The conditions changed and made it an unhappy place to be in those economic times.
exciting work environment
Licensed Assistant and Product Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
assisting divers high-end clientele helped me build my customer service relationship skills. I learned all aspects of salon business, hair care and skin care products. Even though the management level was poor, I enjoyed working closely with hair stylist who thought me alot about haircutting, styling, color application,and formulation. I was told I – more... had a natural talent and great sense of aesthetics, which I already knew myself. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos