Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

it has it's perks but not worth it
Burberry Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
pay structure is horrible, no real support from higher management and absolutely no work life balance. Best thing about the job was the team i worked with and my coworkers.
great clothing
Sales Specialist for Lafayette 148 New York (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: get free gifts and sales experience
Cons: you have to be aggressive to maintain goals
enjoyed the work for 3 years until the management changed
this was an opportunity to chanllenge you sales approach and skills
a luxury brand with challenges
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAJuly 1, 2015
I do love this company with some room for advancement. I believe product knowledge and knowing what is going on in the company is very important and this is where this location lacks.
chatty place
Credit Service Analyst (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 30, 2015
Pros: developed character
Cons: rude customers
this is the first call center I worked at and I never knew how busy call centers could be. I learned that I was very versatile and able to deal with all types of personalities and not take it personally
Luxury Retail Management
Department Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIJune 30, 2015
A typical day included a variety of activities from customer service to profit/loss analysis and sales review. Merchandising of products and display was the most enjoyable part of this position.
Slow paced and hard to make commission
Sales Associate and Office Manager (Current Employee), Beverly Hills & Las VegasJune 29, 2015
Pros: Allows schedule flexibilty
Cons: too many sales associates on the floor at once
The system is unfair and makes it difficult to make a consistent fair living. Salary is commission v.s. draw but merchandise return policy is out dated and what is in placed is not adhered to. Much of the best merchandise is often missing from the sales floor due to studio services and internal personal shoppers. It is difficult to stay positive in this environment but the are some occasional successes.
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty & Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: I get to work with great people.
Cons: I wish my job paid more.
Saks Fifth Avenue is a beautiful place to work! I enjoy my coworkers, customers and the management team. My job is to make every person who comes into Saks feel welcome and appreciated. I am knowledgeable in all of our products which makes selling very easy. I love to sell!!
Lead Hardware Support Analyst (Supervisory)
Lead Hardware Support Analyst (Supervisory) (Former Employee), Abingdon, MDJune 26, 2015
• Participate in store Automation systems installation, Removals and upgrades
• Participate in store Point of Sales systems installation, Removals and upgrades
• Facilitate technical training of other technicians
• Communicate status and Timing of projects and repairs to management
• Maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts used in repair work
• Inventory control Analyst
• Prioritize tasks – more... and manage time with minimum supervision
• Supervise 4 permanent and 2 contract staff member, and assist with 2 off site staff members
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Windows and net meeting
• Designed a reporting application in Microsoft Access to run Daily, Weekly and Ad-Hoc reports for Management and senior Management
• Provide off hour (On Call) Support
• Knowledge of Automation (PC, Laptop and Networking), Point of Sale and peripheral (USB Drives, Printers (Local and Network) Equipment
• RF Scanner Repair and RF Portable Printer Repair – less
Fun
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJune 25, 2015
Great company to grow with. I worked with a management that become family and I was so happy to work there. They were very nice and always worked around my personal life as well as my school life.
I learned at LOT!
Business Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2015
I worked in cosmetics during a time where the store experienced a good amount of upper management turnover--including my direct supervisor. My department was the largest in the store, and was truly culturally diverse. This was the place where I refined my communication, inter-personal, and customer service skills. If I had it to do over again, I would. Overall I enjoyed my time as an employee here. The worst part of the job was having to constantly call clients for all of the promotional events.
Productive place to work in.
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), New YorkJune 23, 2015
Good place to work, good environment. I learned a to traffic a lot of printed collateral. The people are friendly and helpful.
Saks Fifth Ave work day
Credit Specialist (Current Employee), Jackson, MsJune 22, 2015
Pros: As a new mother, the hours are the worst part.
Cons: Meeting new people and learning about fashion
Saks is a very demanding company for top dollar customers. We provide excellent customer service. Everyone makes you feel right at home. The job can be stressful, but also fun, because you are talking to individuals all over the world.
I love working at Saks very friendly and fun enviorment
Customer Service/ (Current Employee), St. AugustineJune 9, 2015
Pros: The discount is the best for my fav name brands, breaks and when they show associate apperiaction which is often
I would recommend this job for college students its not stressful in comparison to other big named company's. Management really listens to you and helps your grow as an associate. The most enjoyable part was the customers they really have a way of brighten your day. It can get hectic but it's worth it when you have encouraging managers who pick a great staff to work with. I can honestly say this is by far the best job I had in college.
Great high end retailer
Merchandise Team Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJune 9, 2015
Good company to work for but tough with career advancement. Management was wonderful until Hudson Bay bought the company. It was a great culture and met some wonderful people that supported my creativity and dreams.
Luxury brand with historical roots
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDJune 4, 2015
Pros: well assorted brands and fashion, supportive senior management, strong brand legacy
Cons: pay not competetive for DC market, challenging DC client compared to alternate industry markets
With as many changes that Saks has whethered throughout the course of the years, it maintains it's identity and place in the market. Associates and clients alike are committed to the brand, and on any given day will tell you about the years they've spent growing old inside the store, be it 10, 20, 30, or 40 years ago. It's not a fair weather job, it's a career and not a faint one. The Chevy Chase store – more... is gorgeous and free standing, and as each client that makes a journey into the store goes in with a purpose, and typically with a realtionship. Often it can be a challenge for the newer Selling Consultants to get started, given their positions are strictly commissions, not unlke a realtor, you must be completely committed to your profession and go after the business, not wait on it. It can make for some slow days and disappointing checks; and so most of the time is spent on the phone following up with the clients that recently visited or made a purchase and ensuring their purchases are working out for them; or that the client doesn't have any questions regarding the transaction. Perhaps tracking down items that were ordered, or not in stock at the time, etc.... The most enjoyable part of the day is always when you build a great relationship with a client and you get to see them return. That's truly why we're in this business. – less
best place to start in fashion
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greenburgh, NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: team work, fair treatment
Cons: annoying co-workers, poor scheduling
though the company is new to the area, business is doing well and its all because of how well we communicate with each other and we have great managers as well. one or 2 co-workers maybe annoying but apart from that, I love my job, I just need to get a career up and going lol.
saks fifth avenue
Sales Associate (Former Employee), concord millsJune 2, 2015
Pros: meeting guests the people
Cons: strange hours
enjoyed my time at saks fifth avenue I wish I had more opportunity to advance a little bit more the people who work there are awesome including management
Toxic Work Environment
Associate (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNMay 29, 2015
You're a number only - how fast you can do what they tell you to do. It doesn't matter how much you know or how much you could contribute. If you start out at the beginning level you'll stay there. Forever. Be prepared to endure gossip backstabbing and endless BS from other employees including fighting over how the work is to be done. Stupidest place I've ever worked, lamest supervisors, and no chance for promotion.
Terrible management but great people to work with
Sales Support (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: 401 K, Health Insurance
Cons: Poor management, terrible budget handling
Like any other retail job it gets pretty hectic during sales but other than that it can be a relaxed day at work. Management lack better skills in order to manage but overall this job was ok.
Great environment and nice co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 25, 2015
Typically, my day is trying to provide the best service to customer and try my best to generate more sales. My co-workers are so fun to work with and they are very nice to me. The hardest part of the job is to deal with customers. Some customers are really friendly and nice, and some customers are rude. Even though they are being rude to you, you still need to smile and being nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to meet a lot of nice people. Nice co-workers and customers. Sometimes you can be friends with your customers. Overall, it is a great experience working at Saks Fifth Avenue.

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Salaries

$35,000 per year
Asset Protection Associate
$40,000 per year

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos

We have expertise in a variety of disciplines and value our client's needs.
Saks Flagship NYC