Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employer Reviews

Great place for management
Management (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
as a manager you get great benefits. It is a retail schedule so you do work weekends and holidays. however, you get lots of time off to make up for any lost time with friends and relatives.

advancement can be tough as there aren't a lot of positions to grow into. most people leave to move up. still, good job, good pay, great people.
Great employer!
Management (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 18, 2015
Benefits are generous, staff is friendly, great work/life balance.
Productive and very nice place to work
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
the job was really attractive to me because it combines my interest and experience
Productive environment, everyday is a learning experience.
Sales Associate, Image Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Fashion is more than just clothes and art; it is a language to those who wish to speak it. Working with Saks Fifth Ave, I’ve had the privilege with this first hand. Saks wasn’t my first experience with the industry – but it molded who I am currently. Working with high cliental, and meeting everyday demands has prepared me to bring my very best. Today, I am a certified stylist, a local fashion blogger, and image consultant but most importantly I am a seeker and learner.
Great work place that created opportunities for career advancement.
Assistant General Manager Operations (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2015
Overall Saks Fifth avenue was an great place to work. They had a great work-life balance program and promoted career advancement. A typical day at work was always different that the previous day. Each day was challenging and fulfilling at the same time. Interacting with customers and developing my team was rewarding.
The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing goals and developing people.
busy busy busy
sales (Former Employee), 7th and NicolletJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: low pay
sales sales and more sales . co workers where great and helpful , yet mindful of others
Enjoyed this business
Payroll Tax Assistant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 6, 2015
This a very good company to work for. However, I was laid off when HBC bought the company. I'm only working as a Temp now. its a very busy place and plenty of work to do.
Wonderful work environment full of excitement and diversity
Lead Officer of Safety & Security (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 6, 2015
A company with 800+ associates with diversed backgrounds, working in customer service, sales, information technology, accounting, accounts payable, sales audit, shipping and receiving, and various other positions. On a daily basis, I helped the security team provide a safe and secure envirnoment by managing and viewing cameras, controlling all access entry and exits, and by monitoring all alarm systems.
Perfect "extra money" career
Stylist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: discounts, benefits and constant training
Cons: spending entire pay check each week in store!
Wonderful place to work, the staff and co workers are friendly and helpful. You are a personal stylist for customers that choose you to take care of them. This is a direct sales position with quotas.
Busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CADecember 31, 2014
Always something to do...never a dull moment. Great environment, great management, very enjoyable.
Luxury good retail environment.
Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: free tea.
Cons: competitive commission based environment.
The work is not as fast paced as other retail environments and the price point overall for the department store is high. An aging management with snap and wit, deals with various characters from their employees to the numerous array of customers that enter the internationally renowned departments store. The hardest part of the job is the clientele, because they wish to be catered with utmost quality, but without the reality the employee catering to them actually exists. I mostly enjoyed the idea of experiencing a look at high end retail, its everyday functions, and the mindset amongst the employees and the consumers in the environment.
FUN WORKPLACE
Sales Associate (Current Employee), bal harbourDecember 16, 2014
Pros: lovely environment
Cons: salary
I love working there but salary is based only on commission and it's VERY unstable. Managers are not happy either... I'm one of the top sellers but still I don't get enough money on low season.
Excellent company to work for.
Corporate Card and Travel Administrator (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 14, 2014
Pros: advancments
A typical day at Saks was a family setting. In the 28 years I was employed with this company , they allowed advancements if you were qualified.The hardest part of my job was my job description being eliminated and outsourced. The easiest was the relationship with the associates and employees which I worked for and with on a daily basis.
Great Customer Focus
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2014
Pros: great training, brand exposure, gratis, meeting new people and building relationships.
Cons: no teamwork as every associate is concerned and consumed with increasing their paycheck.
Saks Fifth Avenue is a wonderful company! The only downfall is the pay structure. While you have the potential to make a ton of money, it take a while to build a decent clientele. There lies the problem of making money during slow seasons, as the positions are commission based.
Great company to work for
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: company standards
I liked the company a great deal and would still be there if I didn't have to move to another state, Large upscale company with a great reputation for quality and work environment. Had a great management team willing to work together for the good of our store and the customers. Great employee benefits.
great freelance experience
Special Event Assistant (Former Employee), atlanta, gaNovember 13, 2014
great experience. opportunity was introduced through my school resources.
Continuation of Previous Statement regarding Saks
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 11, 2014
As previously stated, hosted top client luncheons and trunk shows for Jewelry vendors.
Lifestyle at Saks Fifth Avenue
Brand Ambassador/Representative (Current Employee), Chevy Chase, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great health insurrance, flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons: high expectations, late closings
Saks Fifth Avenue is well organized establishment that may have high expectations but equally give you the tools to succeed. I manage a brand called Akris Punto. I am expected to push sales in terms of getting associates familar with the product by conducting training sessions and brand awareness. I am expected to continue to grow my client book and drive sales. Every season I will buy collections for my brand that are appropriate for the market I am in. I will also determine my product flow and distribution. The most challanging part of the job is trying to find new ways to allivate the brand in order to accomplish our sales goal. I have very much enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to others.
Benifits,Semi Flexible
Makeup Artist/Sales (Former Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: benifits, weekly pay, pto
Cons: negativity, lack of help.
A typical day at Saks was very slow, there would be days where I would leave out with absolutely nothing, Then at times it would be a little more fast pace, Resulting in making numbers and goals..

Sometimes the energy there wasn't so positive,Managers lacked in certain areas.. One of the hardest parts of the job was maintaining sales goals being as though it was extremely slow, However I made sure i did monthly events to bring up the numbers..

The most enjoyable part was I only worked 38.7 hours a week and that I enjoyed being there makeup artist.
productive and fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), La Vergne, TNNovember 8, 2014
I have learned a lot from working at this company and have seen many people come and go for one reason or another. But for the most part this is a great place to work because the management team and hr are very understanding and treat each individual as such no matter what they are going through they listen and look at the overall person.

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos