Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
I applied for employment at Saks with specific goals in mind, in which I was able to reach in three months of employment. I went in knowing that I wanted to learn, meet people, build clientele, be promoted, and bring great skills to the company. I had a very supportive group of managers that loved me, my work, and fully supported me helping me reach my goals. Saks may not be for everyone because of sales, but if you want success it's extremely possible with this company as long as you work hard.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible schedule, Fashion shows, generous discounts, Lots to learn, Culture
Cons
hr/ workforce holds you accountable from day one
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 18, 2016
You will not be doing work that you were hired to do. Workforce (as they call it) is so strict, they actually pay/evaluate you based on the phone log in; So they waste your time training you for three whole weeks ( actually 5 total) how to answer a phone, do all this for a customer/call. And really all they care about is when/ how many minutes you log into a phone. I would rather be held competent/ accountable for a job that's worth it; my merit as an employee should not be based on a phone timekeeping system, but how well I do my job.
Pros
weekly pay, helping customers
Cons
micromanagement, hard to move up/succeed
Negative work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
A Flagship Store that only cares about themselves and not the well-being of their employees.
Lack of communication skills and always covering up for friends of management.
Never a place to trust management. any confidential information is known to every employee within matters of minutes.
Pros
you can meet nice customers
Cons
management does not help you unless there is a benefit for them
Long drive to do what I love.
Building Engineer Painter/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I love what i do for a living. I put alot into my work. When I decided to leave my job because of the daily stress of Management and Accept the job with them I didn't know it was a pilot program.My day started at 4:30 am go in paint fix what ever needs to be befor 10:00 am.I had five stores. A different store everyday.I drove about 600 miles a week in my own personal vehicle.The people I work with were great.
Pros
The experienec of working in a retail store.
Cons
Driving 600 miles a week
Saks is a good place to work; but is outsourcing their IT department
Senior Programmer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 3, 2016
Saks, was bought out by HBC (Hudson's Bay Company) a few years ago. They are now currently outsourcing their IT support department. I can tell you it is currently a great place to work, but I cannot look into the future. TSC will be taking over the support in the near future.
Pros
Co-workers are great to work with.
Cons
being outsourced to another company
Fire people without a reason
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CanadaMay 1, 2016
Good to work in the first coupe days when they just opened, but be careful of all the management people, they will be so shady behind your back, even they are smiling at you laugh with you, be nice with you. Good money, bad benefit.

Overall: They don't care how much profit that you can make for the company, just watch your step, otherwise all these sassy people will cut you in no second, and letting you go for no reason.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Read my review
I learned a lot from my time with Saks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 18, 2016
I enjoyed working there although I was constantly monitored and threatened. I enjoyed working from home. We received a month of training which was good. We were given a supervisor for every 10 people to begin our work. Everything was taped and monitored. We had two breaks of 15 minutes and could choose to have 30 minute lunch or an hour lunch.
A typical work day at work
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2016
A typical work day at Saks, would be to start off with my emails. Our clients at Saks love to email and receive phone calls. That was the way I was able to book appointments and gain new clients. Sending emails and making phone calls, because the foot traffic in Saks was slower.
Pros
By emailing my clients and making phone calls, I was able to build a healthy relationship.
Cons
It would have been nicer for Saks to have more traffic, but it also made it more of a personal touch.
work ethics
Personal shopper (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 11, 2016
My review would basically be the same as Neiman Marcus. It was the same work situation.
It was my first retail working situation and I learned everything there.
I was taught how to react and engage with customers. I learned how to build a sale and how to develop a loyal client base. This knowledge has helped me develop many business over the years.
I saw that a good manager believes in her staff and devotes time and effort in helping them produce as to the their potential.
Pros
good hours
Don't walk, run away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2016
Learn a lot of product knowledge about the designers. Updated with latest trends and what not. Really good discount and the store has really cool events.

Very difficult to move up, no one retires. Very unprofessional when it comes to an issue involving another coworker. The pay structure is awful.
Pros
Discount, fun events
Cons
Pay structure, do not promote within
Ups and Downs
Merchandising/Stock/Visual (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
Regular basis they treat the MILLION DOLLAR SALES ASSOCIATES BETTER THAN ANYBODY. They don't have to do anything no matter how much mess they make and basically the merchandiser are treated as slaves the amount of work they do cleaning up their mess and the sales associates mess. Management from what i see everyday barely visible and always show up when they think its too busy or when they don't see you.

ALOT OF FAVORITISM
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Good job
Department Selling Manager (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 22, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Saks in Chevy Chase. I enjoyed the team, the atmosphere, and the work load was totally doable. The only reason that I left was my commute. I was driving too far to get to work. I would highly recommend this company to others.
Pros
Beautiful store-fabulous product
Cons
The compensation could have been better.
Building relationships with clients
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  shorthillsMarch 27, 2016
Learned so much working for Prada. A typical work day would consist of myself checking in on my emails from clients. Reaching out to my clients that i have helped with shoes,bags etc.. Co workers were extremely humble, had a blast with them each and every day. Management was very pleasant, they coped with my school schedule. Would not trade this experience for the world.
Pros
Great energy from everyone
Cons
no cons
Saks it is an ok Company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at Saks is waiting for customers to come into the store. Most of the time it is a waist of time. You will learn a lot a bout fashion. The company has great discounts for employees. Like in any other place you have good coworkers and not to good ones. No the best place to make friends or take coworkers as friends.
The hardest part of the job is when you don't make any money. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it ends and you go home.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
waisting time, work/life balance, greedy coworkers
It was a great learning experience.
Selling Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 22, 2016
I had an exceptional team. They are mostly veteran associates who give excellent customer service. My Team was the most enjoyable part of my job. I had a great relationship with each and every single one of them. I will dearly miss them.
Pros
Promoted an entrepreneurial spirit
Cons
New Owner/Cutbacks
Wondeful work environment
Brand Ambassador, Men's (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
Although things can get a little confusing because the company is so big, overall I have no complaints about Saks. If you come there with a selling attitude you can make a lot of money.
Pros
Great employee Discount
Cons
Its hourly vs Commission, so if you don't make your goal you'll end up owing Saks the remaining balance.
Working as Web Producer
Web Producer/Project Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
A typical day as a producer is filled with a lot of work and managing a lot of teams to make sure the job is getting done. The project manager needs to be managed by the web production team as he does not communicate effectively for other teams to understand what the need to do. A lot of hand holding in this position but it gives you a lot of responsibilities.
Pros
Work life balance, salary, PTO
Cons
Health Insurance and growth
Great Job but very unorganize
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 3, 2016
typical day at work is rest assuring that I deliver great and productive customer service working and experiencing bigger new things knowing that you are able to move up in the company getting great gifts talking and building relationships with my customers
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, scheduling
Energetic selling team
Denim Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2016
Competitive selling team, pushes you to achieve and exceed personal selling goals. There are always selling incentives to drive sales, such as selling competitions from brand ambassadors and vendors.
Hard to make sales to maintain a good pay. The ratio of sales of associate to customers is low, there is not enough sales to go around.
It was Great working there!
Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 9, 2016
I loved the double discounts which are supposedly no longer around. The cosmetic floor was definitely the busiest department of the whole store. Great working environment if you did not annoy or take sales from other sales associate. I would have stayed if compensation was a little better.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saks Fifth Avenue. Our community is ready to answer.