Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

No work life balance
Live Help Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 28, 2016
This would be the ideal job if they practiced work life balance for the call center. We do not have holidays off and have to work mandatory overtime majority of the year. So by the time the holidays roll around we are burned out from working over everyday and working our off days. There is really no room for advancement within the call center. You can either keep your position or move to another department if they have an opening.
Pros
Remote work is available, healthcare and benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Highly stressful environment other sales associates were , for the most part very rude and uncooperative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2016
Very highly competent staff, but rude and highly competitive. There was a group of women who tried to overtaken management and set up some of the sales staff to be fired. I was not fired and think I was a good representative of the company. I think others were worried that I would get ahead and tried to set me up. I quit because of the stress.
Pros
Enjoyed selling and excellent sales person. Enjoyed fashion
Cons
Arrogant co workers
A Great Opportunity To Work For A Company With Class
District Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioSeptember 27, 2016
Every day was different and allowed you to use the many skills you had acquired over your career. Working in a large metropolitan area at a premier store required dedication and a love for the people that you serve. The merchandise was top of the line and a clientele that required first class service. My co-workers were hard working and filled with team spirit.
Pros
Clientele
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
saks fifth avenue
Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYSeptember 21, 2016
You come in help customers and clean at the same time. More staff was needed. I learned to use the register and tactics to help customers. Mangement needed more training on how to conduct themselves and not to gossip. The hardest part was cleaning after a very busy day. I enjoyed the free lunchs, raffles, associate appreciation week when your second break was extended and the employ discount was the best!
Pros
free lunch, associate appreciation week, great deals
Cons
management was rude, gossip to work to much, and if you were in the hospital and couldn't come to work they acted more rude.
Great sales associates, disconnected senior leadership
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2016
The disconnect between the senior leadership team and associates is disappointing. The merchandise in the store is beautiful, but the attitude of top management is not. Unfortunately after a year and a half I needed to move on. If leadership were to change it may be a great place to work if actual training were provided! The expectations are unrealistic and the top management team are glued to their desks and on meaningless conference calls and not engaged with the store population. I did not enjoy drinking this kool-aid.
Pros
Great selling associates who love what they do and wonderful clients!
Cons
Apathetic senior leadership, negative hostile work environment, no opportunity for growth, antiquated systems, lack of support from leadership
Seasonal sales associate
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
I was hired as a seasonal sales associate. The manager that I had was a truly terrific manager. He was fair to everyone, not just his permanent staff, but with the seasonal associates as well. He made it fun and exciting, and the store itself is truly a class act. It was during the Holiday season and was busy all the time, which is something I like and thrive upon. The coworkers were of a high caliber as well. Terrific experience. When the season ended, I was told that I would be eligible for continued employment in February of 2002, but that only part time was available at that time. About three weeks later I was offered the full time position with Champs, which I accepted. But Saks Fifth Avenue was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Beautiful store, wonderful manager
Cons
Seasonal employment only
Working at saks
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Working at Saks sometimes can be alright. Ive learned how to communicate better and smile at all time! Learned how to satisfy every customer. The management their is great. My co-workers are very fun and always energetic. The hardest part of the job will be , trying to keep up with every count of merchandise each customer brings in and out of the fitting room. The most enjoyable part of my job must be when we have group meetings.
Personal Development and Career Growth
Fashion Consultant Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
I enjoyed the unconventional work days no day in this position was the same . This enabling me to showcase my ability to prioritize, multitask and work through systematic changes. I was able to work with a team of people who together develop an over goal of customer service.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Product
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced and inventory accurate work place.
Shiping Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 19, 2016
Saks Fifth Avenue west coast warehouse days usually started at 7:00 a.m. Clear the conveyor belt for more inventory from receiving dock. Prepare for hanging garments as well. Sometimes had to stay past 3:30 but not very often. I learned about how a warehouse operates and how to co-operate with other supervisors to get the job done right the first time. Management had their good days and bad days And I got along well with most of them. The same goes for my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes working 10-12 hours a week day and eight hours on Saturday, but that was due to the holiday season. The most enjoyable part was getting to know some very interesting people.
A wonderful part of my life
Comm. sales Designer Salon (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour Shops Fla.September 22, 2016
The opportunities for growth, the wonderful people I met and served. Always had good relationship with my managers. Some of those relationships have evolved into loyal friendships I value and treasure. The culture is one of tremendous product knowledge. The day starts with meetings where all areas of the store have featured products everyone is educated about. My customer relations were always the most enjoyable part. I had one of the most moving amazing retirement parties ever seen in the store.After a year away from what has been my lifeline I want to be a part of it again and hope to find a new fresh fit with the same commitment to excellence.Saks reinforced that commitment in me.
Pros
Amazing opportunity for growth.Customer relations.
Cons
Corporations evolve & change. The energy changes. And so do we.
Growth and Fun
Designer Handbags (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
Saks is a great company to work for. You really feel like you are in charge of your own business in cultivating customers into clients. Although there isn't really room for advancement it is still a very satisfying job. Managers are very friendly and easy to talk to. They really do try to balance your personal and work time so it benefits you. The most enjoyable part of my job is the connections I make with my clients and how I make them feel when they leave.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Commission Based
Great people, opaque management
Director of Studio Photography (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2016
Great people to work with, but opaque management and declining business potential makes environment unsettled. The don't know who they are, who their customer is and seem more interested in building their real estate portfolio than finding the answers.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Aloof upper management
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bal Harbour, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The worst place to work people is rude managers don't care about the workers is all about numbers !! Not traffic in the store only employees, and they are always fighting for sales!! They will fire people every week !! The Heavy set Woman from human resurces is the nasty's people u ever meet !
Pros
Discounts for Employees
Cons
Bad vibe, no clients, not opportunity to grow
Challenging and fun.
Asset Protection Investigator (Current Employee) –  LaVergne, TNAugust 9, 2016
My typical work day can go easy or be challenging. I like my Manager that I have currently because he is very respectful and thinks about our family lives when it comes to our work. My co-workers make the environment fun and less stressful. They also help whenever needed without judgement. The hardest part of my job is just wanting to believe people are good until proven otherwise. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to do the right thing.
Pros
company has prizes and treats and plans special events to make employees feel good.
Productive, great customer service
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
It is a good atmosphere to work in and the customer service is excellent. I learned how to do encaps and tables. I learned better communication skills and how to obtain my prior knowledge to help me better assist customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing my every day task and making sure my customers leave satisfied.
Pros
rapid service
Cons
limited hours
Highly competitive sales environment with potential for learning the department store industry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 3, 2016
Working at Saks Fifth Avenue I was able to learn many aspects of the sales industry that i will be able to use in the future. Some of those skills including but not limited to: meeting weekly sales goals, clothing merchandising, using various forms of media to clientele existing/new customers.
The market,as well as the rise in online shopping,did not make it easy to sell high-end luxury goods. The down-time was especially hard during the week but did give time to brush up on extensive product knowledge.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
Lack of sales, low morale
Company honestly believe they are better than you.
Photographer, press (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania Pottsville warehouseNovember 15, 2016
If you aren't a numbered yes man .... Than you aren't a team player. If you can, just keep your head down like in prison. Jobs are delegated down the chain so much if you are on bottom totum poll you will be doing a lot more than what is asked
Pros
The facility is beautiful
Cons
Management, communication, safety
Worst Experience of my Professional Life
Store Merchandising Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 1, 2016
Beautiful environment and merchandise, terrible and incredibly unprofessional management and colleagues. I thought that working at Saks in Beverly Hills would be a dream but it turned out to be somewhat of a nightmare. The operations management does not care about people or the fact that harassment is and has been going on in the department for quite some time. I was told by another SMT employee that she had counted "at least 9" people in the position I worked in over the past 2-3 years. Everyone leaves after about 3 months, as did I.
Pros
Beautiful store
Cons
Ineffective management on all levels that tolerates harassment
Great company but needs work
Brand Ambassador/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60611September 29, 2016
The management team is great. Very helpful and encouraging. However the pay structure in the company for their sales associates is pitiful. Associates cannot survive on that. It makes it really hard to continue to be hopeful in an environment with a revolving door of employees when its because the pay is what a 15 year old would make at some part time minimum wage job. There is also no room for growth unless you are willing to move and even then it takes years to get an opportunity such as that. The best is a Brand Ambassador position and even then its not a big raise its quite sad actually. The company has so much potential because they have all the right people they just need to make the right changes for there sale associates who are in the field doing the dirty work and bringing in that money to continue a growing store and company.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Pay
Terrible experience when applying for sales role at Miami new store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2016
Sloppy HR processing and unprofessional higher management interviewing, they lost my application and endede up offering a job i havent applied to without warning of benefits and lowest pay ever.

Demanding start by oneself in the luxury world.