Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employer Reviews

fun to work for Saks fifith ave
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York New YorkFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: a good discounts
Cons: to many hours standing up
the experience in retail in Saks Fifth Ave was excellent met a lot of people singer and actors, with co worker always was helpful and managements were excellent and always understandable .
An expierence!
Cross sales (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Great employees, fantastic fine jewelry....that's about it! Long hours, schedule never prepared with enough time. Salary vs. draw....you usually end up owing the company money....go figure!
Great place to make connections
Sales Associate, Men's (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2015
I've worked for Saks Fifth Avenue twice, so obviously I like the company! They try to make the best atmosphere for their employees to work in and provide plenty of ways to reach goals and to ensure client satisfaction.
Great
Analyst (Current Employee), NYCFebruary 14, 2015
Great place to get your feet wet in the retail industry - ability to work with influential people in the industry

Great discount as well!
Busy busy
Selling and Service Associate (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Weekdays are usually slow but the lines at the register can get long in the evening. Weekends are the busiest, co-workers make it fun and lively. Huge diversity in customers. Overall, great place to work.
Community feel
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: pay, culture, benefits
Cons: no tuition reimbursement
Everyone one I worked with there made it feel like a family. We did a lot of extra curricular activities to keep the morale up there, which seemed to help a lot!
Driven company
Selling Supervisor/Personal Stylist (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent esperience
Cons: you have to be there a long time for a promotion
Great opportunity to explore a high end clientele. Excellent skills in customer service and dedicated employees. environment was positive and the energy was wonderful.
A classy place with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: short vacations
Saks has a lot of class and panache. The people are friendly and it's a very team oriented environment. The hardest part of my job is keeping in touch with all my customers and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with people.
Great place for a career in luxury retail
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2015
Loved working here, but at the end of the day it's still retail with the crazy hours and insane customers. However, I will say that or things like Black Friday, Saks stays above the fray and doesn't buy into the huge doorbuster hype which was a relief. Generally very good and passionate managers who back up their employees.
It is a very demanding job
Coordinator/loader (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 7, 2015
A typical day a Saks fifth avenue is a work out on your mind and body. I learned to stack pallets. Management is very sensitive. the workers there were nice. the most enjoyable part of the day was lunch.
Positive Learning Experience
Assitant Manager/ Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Raleigh NCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: always had a new challenge
Cons: not enough employee parking
I represented a brand that I was truly passionate about which made going to work everyday exciting, challenging, and fun. I had a positive support system from my team/co-workers who were always encouraging and helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving, when I moved out to California... The most enjoyable part was I was working with people who all wanted to see the company succeed, it was like working with family.
Horrific pay structure
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Management here is wonderful and supportive, however, they do not take the initiative to pay their employees for their hard work. Commission is extremely difficult to earn at Saks Fifth Avenue.
motivated
Merchandiser (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: supplies
The co-workers i work with are awesome. They showed me around they taught me what i needed to know .

ill say the hardest part of the job is when i get a lot of merchandise in
'how im i gonna make this pop!? but is also the fun part about the job because you get to be creative.
High Anxiety workplace
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: wonderful sales associates and beautifully merchandised store
Cons: corrupt executive team
Gorgeous store with wonderful sales associates but management leaves much to be desired. My biggest issues were with our Executive team. Even after three years of employment our Store Manager wouldn't speak to me. They were not trustworthy and I never felt I had a trusted manager to seek out if I had an issue. Overall it made for a very unhealthy work environment.
A very productive workplace
Sales representative (Current Employee), New OrleansJanuary 29, 2015
Saks is a wonderful place of employment. It can also be very challenging. Working there has been a wonderful experience.
Lots of freedom to run your own business.
Cosmetic Sales (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: very flexible with days off, great team, great hours, generous with pto and holidays, management is positive and friendly
Cons: pay, unless you work your butt off!
I have transferred a few times at Saks Fifth Ave., but one thing that remains the same is the freedom to run your own business. Especially in the Cosmetics department. You are in charge of your line, and it is up to you to create the opportunity for yourself. If you have a ton of ambition, you will be successful at Saks.
Great work environment and friendly employees
Personal shopper, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches on occasion, able to move throughout the store to help a customer, great work environment
Cons: hours, returns
There isn't a typical day in retail, let alone at Saks Fifth Ave. Every day is different and that's what I enjoyed most. There was the opportunity to work in all of the different departments and I was able to get a feel for the company as a whole. I absolutely loved my manager and all of the people I worked with. I felt so welcomed and every was willing to help each other out whenever needed.
A luxury retail brand, with no creative limitations
Executive Art Director (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 25, 2015
A luxury retail brand, with no creative limitations. A typical day would be creating some great concepts with high budgets it was a very professional environment. With a creative process which helped expedite all workflow. The most enjoyable part of it was being able to hire someone top-rated tell in the world.
Great place for management
Management (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
as a manager you get great benefits. It is a retail schedule so you do work weekends and holidays. however, you get lots of time off to make up for any lost time with friends and relatives.

advancement can be tough as there aren't a lot of positions to grow into. most people leave to move up. still, good job, good pay, great people.
Great employer!
Management (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 18, 2015
Benefits are generous, staff is friendly, great work/life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos