Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue United States Employee Reviews

Thrive as a Professional Perfumista
Penhaligon's Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Quarterly Gratis
Cons: Low commission percentage
• A typical day at work includes greeting customers, maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of the selling floor, capturing customers' information in order to better serve them in the future, educating customers about products, ringing sales on the point of sale system, reaching out to clients for special events.

• I learned that the most effective way to increase sales is to form meaningful relationships with those you assist. In today's competitive market I believe service is the most important distinguishing factor between one company and another and perhaps the one that will make the greatest impression on customers in regards to their shopping loyalty.

• Management throughout the store was effective at balancing the needs of the business with those of the employees.

• My co-workers and I always aimed to work as a team by supporting one another in whatever ways we were able to.

• The hardest part of the job was finding creative ways to increase sales on such days where there may have been slow foot traffic within the store.

• The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do what I love. I was lucky to be able to share my passion for beautiful products with people and knowing that I played a part in enhancing their lives.
It is a great job if you enjoy the hustling.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), New YorkApril 17, 2015
Pros: Clientele for life, complete autonomy
Cons: Disinterested management
A typical day of work is compromised of reaching out to your client base, if you have a client book. Also, making sure that merchandising and product display is neat and able to deliver the greatest impact to our clientele. The best part of the job is when you are assisting clients with their wardrobe and you develop a great rapport with some of your clients to the point where they trust you with your choices. What is not great about the job is when there are slow business times, this promotes an extremely backbiting nature, which management refuses to effectively deal with.
Tough job in a tough field for a difficult company.
Sales (Current Employee), Short Hills, NJApril 14, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: It's retail
Not what it used to be. They ask too much and give too little. Retail is competing with On line shopping as it is. Mandatory morning meetings. Competetive co-workers. Hard to get back the on line segment of the market share. Best part, the nice customers.
Hardworking and Wonderful Company Culture
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Surrounded by positive, hardworking people that know what they are doing. Everyone is highly motivated and always striving for the best results.
Good Sales Experience
Assistant for the 5th Avenue Club (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good Healthcare benefits
Cons: Standing on your feet for long periods of time
I worked closely with 15 personal shoppers on the daily basis. I learned how to keep good communication lines to between the customer, personal shopper, and I. I loved the working with different people every day, new experiences each day.
fun place to work and great merchandize and displays.
Chanel - Make Up Artist (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity to work with clients one on one. More exclusive
Cons: Cant's really think of one
loved working for Saks Fifth Avenue. It's an elegant and beautiful store with great customer service and quality merchendize
Productive Work place
Women's Stylist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 9, 2015
Productive and engaging environment. The store I worked for had great team and great management staff. Being that it was a department store that catered primarily to international customers, it was great experience to learn about different cultures and economies
Productive and Easy Going
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
Saks 5th Avenue is an experience that i will never forget, great customer service, great communication skills, wonderful with staff and employees.
Good company, but tends to let things fall through the cracks
Kiehl's Customer Representative/Beauty Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches, incentives, and encouragement
Cons: Outlandish sales goals, Not provided the necessary tools to be successful
Saks Fifth Avenue is a great place to work if you enjoy a slow paced work environment and competitive commission sales. A typical day at work would include checking stock inventory, cold calling clients about promotions and events, approaching clients with the intent to sell them something, maintaining contact with Account Executives, and maintaining cleanliness of the area. I leaned that building client relationships will either make or break your business. At Saks, sales are purely relationship driven. If you don't have loyal clients, you don't have good sales. My co-workers were the best friends I have ever had. I loved them with my whole heart! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management's expectation to still meet sales goals on dead days when we had zero traffic in the store, but the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to clients and taking care of their needs.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good work enviornment
Cons: Insufficient hours
A fast-paced customer-oriented environment with wonderful co-workers and managers with great personalities. I learned how to prioritize my work load in order to complete the most important tasks first and efficiently. The hardest part of my job is the lack of sufficient hours.
Nice and different experience of luxury retail
handbags specialist (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Benefit
This was a seasonal position, was a fun experience in luxury retail.
It was quite busy in the holiday season and kept me busy in working hours. I felt productive! My main responsibilities were,

• Served customers in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
• Built long term relationship with customer
• Introduced luxury handbags to the customer with product expertise and knowledge
• Cross sought with the rest of team in the company to serve and meet the customers’ needs
• Provide best customer service to every customer who walked in
Challenging
Procurement Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Unhealthy and toxic professional environment
This job has challenged me professionally on many levels and continues to do so.

However, these challenges have taught me to improve my organization skills, given me better multitasking abilities, crisis management and focused interpersonal communication . It has given me a sharper sense of self and bolstered my own confidence in my abilities. I take the challenge head on and have grown as a result. I have both new and expanded professional skills and look forward to honing them further. I have developed new relationships with an ever expanding variety of vendors which gives me options and thus cost savings. I have worked hard to gain the respect and trust of my vendors who respect me in return and go to great lengths for our mutual success.

Overall, a difficult and disrespectful environment but still a growth experience.
I'm fortunate and blessed...
Manager/ Buyer (Current Employee), Chanel BoutiqueMarch 30, 2015
I was extremely fortunate in my career to have worked for the best of the best..
With each store I grew to be the consummate professional I am today, I learned about branding and excelled in my positions having been mentored by the crème de la crème of management.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is actually in the same vain, it's working to "beat yesterday"'.
II love the challenge even though it can be tedious it's also can be electrifying...
High Tempo with moderate employee consideration
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tigard, ORMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Hours in the morning, store discount, upscale
Cons: No lunch, little employee consideration, little amount of hours in a week, bad communication amongst employee and head managers
A typical day at work requires waking up at 5 am and getting ready for the morning shift, which ranges anywhere from 6-12, 6-2, or 6-4. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all of the managers who want me to do something at a particular moment when another manager is telling me to do something else. There have been instances where I have had to overcome the stress and communicate to the head manager what task I should be doing first. The managers don't offer much hours during the week, and needless to say don't really care if you're receiving as much hours as one would hope. Overall, the stress is the hardest part of the job, and the managers don't think communication is a key factor in company success. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work early in the morning, this way I can have enough time to complete my school responsibilities and spend time with friends and family all the same.
Great Place to work
SALES AND SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 28, 2015
Fantastic way to meet and assist customers with great prices on amazing products. Nice perks with Associate discounts on top of already amazing price points.
unfortunately not a great work environment
Fur Specialist/Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Naples, FLMarch 26, 2015
I learned a lot about furs, management, luxury retail. lots of nice employees but difficult work environment and somewhat intimidating management.
Very productive workplace
Receptionist/Sales Support staff (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2015
This is a good job if you like working at your own pace and completing tasks, Management was very helpful. The job got stressful at times but with help of co-workers it was easy to get rid of stress and work through stressful situations.
Very good job experience
Graphic Design Manager (Former Employee), Mexico / New YorkMarch 24, 2015
I learned how to manage designs for a company that gave me in return a lot of experience in my field. I created designs for daily marketing emails and print production for ads in newspapers, magazine advertisements, packaging and in-store signage / invitations.
Fun but crazy hours
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
The typical day would start at 6am or 12pm. This made for a highly stressful schedule on a daily basis. The people were a joy to be around, but the hours always had my sleep schedule off key.
Its very hard to get ahead in this company
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: enviorment
Cons: everytning else
the most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere of being on fifth avenue. There are a lot of politics involved when working for large corporation. Its very hard to get ahead.

1 2 3 4 5

About Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue is a member of the Saks Incorporated (NYSE:SKS) group and operates 62 stores, led by its landmark flagship on – Read more

Saks Fifth Avenue Salaries

$35,000 per year
Asset Protection Associate
$37,500 per year

Saks Fifth Avenue Photos

We have expertise in a variety of disciplines and value our client's needs.
Saks Flagship NYC