Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 4, 2016
only you determine how much you want to make a year, commission based position
great fun place to work great coworkers
good pay and benefits
great work enviorment, great training provided by vendors
Sales/Bobbi Brown Beauty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Saks is a great company to work for. You really feel like you are in charge of your own business in cultivating customers into clients. Although there isn't really room for advancement it is still a very satisfying job. Managers are very friendly and easy to talk to. They really do try to balance your personal and work time so it benefits you. The most enjoyable part of my job is the connections I make with my clients and how I make them feel when they leave.
Pros
employee discount, hourly wage, benefits
Cons
no real opportunities of growth into management
Manager
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJFebruary 2, 2016
Excellent Company to work for Honest people and hard working. Give good discounts on items purchased during sales as well.
Benefits
worse job ever
Fine Jewelry Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 2, 2016
No acknowledgement from management. Bad pay, you'll be relying on commission only. Foul company culture, not very many people are happy,.
retail as a learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 31, 2016
I work with this high end for awhile learning what is like to really cater to individuals. We have each customer our whole attention to be able to sell the anything they wanted.
Ahead of Indianpolis
Accessories and Handbag sale associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Saks Fifth Avenue was great because I was working first hand with luxury goods and able to learn more about the industry itself. However, the store was always empty, my personal opinion is that Saks Fifth was just ahead of Indianapolis, the Indianapolis demographic didn't quite understand the Saks Fifth environment.
Pros
Working with luxury goods
Cons
store was always empty, long hours waiting
nice company
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJanuary 26, 2016
not a lot of traffic in this store. You see the same clients on a regular basis which definitely helps with knowing your clients individually. Management is very business minded and will help you achieve your goals with their support
retail
Sales Consultant-Makeup Artist- BY TERRY Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Typical day at work consists of reading emails, helping customers and putting away stock. Help customers with any beauty needs such as fragrance, skincare and color.
Wasn't family oriented
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 23, 2016
They trained me to lie and give the run around to customers in all the while they were doing the same to employees. Was not the job for me. I want a job that helps people and make them happy. Also a job that's about team work and family.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
everything besides the fact of weekly pay
Great Place to Work
Women Designer Handbags Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 14, 2016
Retail is changing and to be successful in this company one need a clientele base upon starting employment.

Great autonomy and they promote creativity.

Want to know more about Saks Fifth Avenue?

Ask a question
A professional and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 14, 2016
I was able to polish my already good customer service and people skills. Management empowered their employees by letting them make important decisions. I was part of a good team and I really enjoyed encountering people on a regular basis.
Productive and a great store to work
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 13, 2016
My experience working as a customer service rep at saks fifth avenue was a fast pace job and I worked with great staff. The management at saks fifth avenue are very supportive and always communicate with staff and improving sales and creating new ideas for saks. The hardest part of this job of course was black Friday. But for the most part I enjoyed working with saks fifth avenue and it is a great company to work for.
Good company to work for overall,excellent benefits.
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 10, 2016
Very structured work environment with micro-management. Not much room for advancement. Enjoyed company function and co-workers. Found management to be a bit unreasonable in setting goals and production standards.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too structured at times.
Lackluster Store Management/Poor Compensation
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2016
Inexperienced Management making decisions that lack policy adhesion! Highly over compensated Store Leadership while Sales Associates are grossly underpaid!

Management tens to blame their turnover problems on everything under the sun, while ignoring the crux of the matter: "People don't leave jobs; they leave Managers!"

Saks has no Brand, Designer or selection of merchandise that you can't find at its competitors, especially Jewelry, Mens and Ladies Designer making it extremely hard to develop a loyal following and make a decent living!

Extremely Liberal Return Policy that is in sharp contrast with fits Compensation Program!

No Sales to Support a Good Living and Meet your Draw. You Aways Owe the Company Money!

Department Managers are always back stabbing and talking trash about the Store Manager! Distracrating and unmotivating.

Verbally Abusive, Demeaning, Condescending Department and Operations Managers!

VERY BAD PLACE TO WORK!!!!
Pros
High Turnover in Managers/ Talented Coworkers
Cons
No Training, Poor Pay, Expensive Benefits
Great Retail Environment
Exec Asst/Sr Leadership team (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2016
For a retail company this is the best I have worked for in terms of work/life balance. My job allows me to touch several different areas of the store and each day is always different.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
job advancement/promotion opportunities
Great Company/Poor Store Leadership
Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2015
Saks is an awesome company and place to work.

However, Managers in the store have a horrible, unprofessional, patronizing attitude towards most employees that is degrading and insulting unless your a Million Dollar book! They make working at this Saks miserable!

This store has the highest employee turnover I've ever seen in my retail career history!

Business is very seasonal in Phoenix and on a 100% Draw against Commission! Its very difficult to make a living unless you have additional income coming in like a spouse.

The Store Manager is more interested in discussing all of the parties, benefits, lunches she attends then she is about taking care of store business and the welfare and well-being of her employees.

Poor Benefits
Poor Leadership
Overly Exposed Promotions
Long Hours
Very Seasonal Business
100% Draw Against Commission
Very Liberal Return Policy
No Training, You're on your own.
Dishonest Management
Cut Throat Sales Associates
Childish Attitudes
Bias Leadership
No disaplinary action for bad behaviors
Standing On Your Feet 100% All Day
Required to Hound Clients and Bonbard them
Hard Core Sales. Low Pay.
Pros
Cons
To Many to List
nice place to work good benefits
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNDecember 17, 2015
loved working here unfortanetly I had to move 3 hours away. always fed us or rewarded us with popsicles. very nice people & great benefits.
Pros
a lot of free samples.
Cons
let go early some days
Hard Work!
Supervisor of Selling and Service (SSS) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2015
schedule is given a month in advance but the balance between life and work is hard, a lot of closing nights and it cuts your day in half when you get in for closing shift. for the morning shift it lets you out at 5pm when most offices are closed so no time to do payments or go anywhere really. costumers are really demanding and rude at times.
Cons
salary
Horrible Company.
Customer Service and Sales/Auditor/Merchandise (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2015
First off the management was the worst. I have never been so unhappy at a place of work. They have no idea how to be sympathetic and inform their employees. I was only there so long because they were right down the street from where i lived, I liked most of my coworkers. The hardest part about the job was meeting their ridiculous quotas. Also the customers were awful. The most enjoyable part was the associate discount.
Pros
Associate Discount
Cons
Fun place to work except women's & men's department managers are unprofessional.
Someone who dread seeing these managers (Former Employee) –  LV Premium Outlet - North Las VegasDecember 12, 2015
Saks is an awesome place to work, however, women and men department managers are difficult to work with. They enjoy bullying other staff like a bunch of mean girls in high school. They have such horrible and unprofessional attitude towards you most especially when you're not their favorite. They make working at Saks difficult making you not wanting to be there (especially when the two managers are there) and the only thing making it bareable are your fellow assoicates. They've lost quite a few good staff because of them.

It's really sad to know that they get "talked to" and yet they continue to treat other staff in a disrespectful manner. Hoping this catches Saks Off 5th Corporate's attention because something needs to be done.
Pros
Awesome staff and the ability to interact with international customers.
Cons
Women/men's department managers are unprofessional.