Saladino’s Foodservice Employee Reviews

Stressful
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 13, 2017
Working here is difficult. Both physically and mentally. Micromanaging is used as a tool here. Supervisors will always comment on what you could have done better regardless of how well you perform. The blame is always placed on the employee, weather it be an issue with route planning or anything else supervisors always blame the drivers or the warehouse employees. You do not have a voice here, you are looked at like a grunt instead of an asset. If it were only physically challenging it would be tolerable. There is a few good things like hourly pay and morning start times but they are greatly outweighed by the bad.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Supervisors will lie just to get you to help them out in a jam
No advancement opportunity and low pay for unrealistic expectations
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 10, 2017
Horrible management team who favor people who openly admit to cheating the timed order tags. People with less experience in the field start off closer to the $14 start vs people with experience. Management will play nice during your training period and pull a 180 the second it's over. If you don't cheat the computer, stopping to use the restroom will put you behind. They will encourage accuracy over speed but write you up if you don't hit goal for both speed and accuracy. They do not take into account wait times for waiting for new product to be dropped(which is a joke in itself as you just have to yell and hope the replenisher hears you) long hours weren't a problem but management will tell you that " it's currently busy so 5th days will be mandatory, but only for a week or two" biggest lie ever. Turn around rate at this company is the worst I have ever seen. Worked there for 4 months and saw at least 15 people quit and get fired due to quota expectations. Which raise almost every month while they also add a new rule that is guaranteed to slow you down. Reporting damaged product you find will get you in trouble after a few times even though it's not your own doing. But if you get caught not reporting damaged product you will get written up. Not sure if it's just this particular warehouse in Sacramento that's this bad but not a place I'd recommend working unless it's to find another job during the training period. Dont be fooled by the act of kindness management will display at first.
Pros
Its a paycheck and free boots if you make it 3+months
Cons
Short breaks, unrealistic goals, management doesnt approve time delays in system even though they are accurate
Was not happy working there
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at work would be, get the job done. I have also learn a lot about the company and many department function. I just hate due to poor management.
Pros
the company provided boots and uniform
Cons
The company expectation or too high for a hourly rate job
Stable Place to Work
Dedicated Employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
Good place to work, the company is constantly looking for ways to improve but they have a few shortcomings. Benefits such as medical insurance and holidays could improve.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Only 3-4 paid holidays
Pay is terrible and the raises are a joke.
Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2017
My last review was "exemplary" and i scored very high across the board. And after 5 years constituted a 0.16 cent raise. The company expects you to go above and beyond your areas of responsibility but never rewards you for it. Years ago this was a good company because they shared the growth of the company with everyone now when the company sees more profit they just give bonuses to the morons who don't actually do anything.
Pros
This company has no redeeming qualities
Cons
Just about everything you can think of.
Decent place to work
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 5, 2017
I was given many opportunities to advance. The benefits were great, the company would match your 401k. It was a great atmosphere to work. Management treated the employees with respect.
The absolute worse place I've ever worked at.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2017
Management is horrible, people get treated unfairly due to favoritism. Hardly any room for advancement, the pay is just insulting and the benefits are a joke.
Management is unprofessional
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 10, 2016
I did not have to be here long to see that my direct supervisor was unprofessional. the job is sitting 95% of the time with little communication which was strange to me as a long time buyer. the work culture here is very cut and dry. in my opinion it is a place for a buyer who wants to come in and sit all day, communicate all day through emails go to lunch and go home.. this job had no excitement no day to day challenge like you would usually see in the Buying field. their was no outside thinking all the thinking was done for you, for me it was not the right fit and i was happy to be leaving after one very trying year.
Pros
lunches once a month
Cons
management, no real training, favoritism, unprofessional
Good company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 17, 2016
The management is top notch and the pay is good in a short amount of time being employed by them. I enjoyed my job very much at this company and was sad to go
amazing
Sanitation Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 30, 2016
great company to work for, everyone is very friendly. great work environment great schedule with weekends off. fully satisfied with my work experience here so far.
manager can manage
order selector (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 12, 2016
this company is a joke.. no one get raise and manger has the favoritish, manager can manage. expect to much from employee
Productive fast past
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Sacramento CAJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work would be checking my pallet jack pulling orders from the walk in cooler and from the dry, management is amazing takes care of any issue that occur.. best co-workers ever there is no drama everyone is friendly helpful outgoing. the hardest part about the job is being at baseline and accurate at the same time. The most enjoyable part about working for saladino's is you can get a slice which is a reward for doing something awesome
Pros
Good benefits free lunches sometimes and your family can come inside and have lunch with you
Cons
short brakes and long hours of overtime
Directly rewards work ethic and performance
Buyer - Produce (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 28, 2015
Great opportunities for growth and advancement based on efforts and results. Cross-training enhances culture and increases productivity. Named Subway's Distributor of the Year in 2014!
met great people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 25, 2015
work day was average 15 hrs. day, had the opportunity to deliver products, and at the same time meet awesome customers. the hardest part of my job was working holidays and some weekends. Developed several great friendships with co-workers. the most enjoyable part of my day, was seeing the customer smile when I was making my deliveries.
Pros
great pay, benefits
Cons
not much down time
Descent
Cycle Counter >Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 22, 2014
This company had a rather larger turn over rate for its employees but I still managed to succeed while working here and be recognized for my hard work and being promoted several times along the way.
good
delivery (Former Employee) –  hayward, CAJune 19, 2014
good company not long hours pay less then other companies but management are great specialy ernie and rob
Productive and customer driven company
Repleisher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 13, 2014
I operated a standup forklift to replenish product for the order selectors, Quality Control-rotated product by code dates, Worked -dry,produce cooler, & freezer areas. Enjoyed mentoring & training new employees on the forklift driving and safety rules. Recieved products from trailers to staging areas by operating a electric palletjack. Operated sitdown forklit to remove and sort empty pallets. Im very detailed oriented & organized,so this job was very fullfilling.
Pros
working with younger energetic employees
Food Distrubition
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento , CaApril 4, 2014
High pace warehouse handling fresh and frozen food for Subway /Home Town Buffet / Round Table Pizza accounts . Pulling orders shipping and receiving .
Pros
incentives
Cons
working in freezing temputares .
Busy
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2014
Typical day would start with a team meating, then after that we were in constant motion. Pulling tickets and moving constantly on standing pallet jacks to organize our orders.

Coworkers were friendly and we always managed to make the workplace fun while staying productive.

Management was always working alongside us, which I respected, and aiding us whenever possible.

The hours were the hardest part for me, due to getting home at such a late hour (3am).
Pros
Constant motion
Cons
Late hours
pick orders, stage pallets on the dock repeat.
ORDER SCELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2014
check out pallet jack proceed to office to revive orders pick orders stage orders on dock, maintain a high items per hour ratio.
Pros
cold storage
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saladino’s Foodservice. Our community is ready to answer.

Saladino’s Foodservice Reviews by Location