Saladworks Employee Reviews

It is a great place to work as a second job or extra cash but it isn't a career.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bear , DEAugust 15, 2016
Saladworks is a warm , family oriented franchise that services many customers in the Tri state area. Very fast paced but I need benefits and better pay.
Pros
Discounted lunches, fast paced enviroment
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare benefits, low wages
Fun and Interactive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day would consist of food preparation, tending to customers needs, making salads, sandwiches, or soups and completing any task assigned to me. I learned that Salad Works is a health alternative to fast food if the right items are chosen from the menu. I also learned that a job will be what you make it, and what you make it is a reflection of your attitude. This job was significantly easy once I was trained, but the things I found most difficult was when it got busy around lunch time, it could get a little stressful but just another adjustment I made. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers and trying to make their day as best as I could.
Pros
Half off anything in the store.
Cons
We weren't allowed to sing to the music that played when it wasn't busy.
Very chill evionment and job, especially if you wanna have fun while serving customers.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEOctober 23, 2016
Everything was superchill. Music was played in the back and we were all having fun, keeping a positive attitude, although we still had to look professional and do our job. There were times I didn't know what to do because everything was already done, like filling the bar, or sweeping etc., I guess you just have to ask if anyone needs help. At this job, I was so hard on myself and I was over thinking everything so I messed myself up at times. It got better once I got used to the work flow. But overall, this job is a great opportunity to have, especially if you're a student, because the employers adjust to your schedule, which is also a plus!
Pros
Employee meals were 50% off, you could take breaks if you needed to (15 minutes), the environment was very relaxed and chill.
Cons
Sometimes there would be a line to the door, and you have to work very fast to get all the customers seated. It can be pretty hectic at times.
Make orders and stock consistently.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bear, DE 19701January 25, 2017
The job itself is very easy and the customers are amazing. It is the coworkers and the management that has made me not like the job. You prep food, make orders, wash dishes by hand, and other duties that come with the job itself.
Pros
50% off one entree
Average Day
All Fields (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAFebruary 3, 2017
• Duties include Daily Prep of all items used for salads, sandwiches, paninis and wraps. Front line servicing customer’s orders for all items on the Salad Works menu such as listed above and also soups. Cash register knowledge. Opening and closing procedures for Salad Works. Including but not limited to opening the store set-up for lunch and dinner rush and all aspects of closing the store including all security measures.
Productive and fun working.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 15, 2017
We would come in and get the store ready to open, fill all of the containers and other essentials to prepare the food. I learned a lot about customer service. We all worked as a team and had fun while doing it. The hardest part of my job was being on my feet all day and being fast. I really enjoyed working with my team and getting the job done.
Best first job ever
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Short Pump, VAJuly 26, 2015
-tasks include salad making, sandwich making, using cash register, cleaning and stocking, dish washing, food prep
-Being my first job I learned a lot about how a restaurant is run and how to treat customers
-Management is phenomenal. Works with your schedule, genuinely cares about you as a person
-co-workers are generally young and can be very dramatic. But very high energy and fun to work with
-hardest part - making a good impression. There is a lot of judgement here unfortunately
-most enjoyable- I made so many great friends, also the job itself is really fun and easy if you dont mess around too much
Pros
50% off, flexible hours, fun
Cons
it can be hard to get a raise, some people are very dramatic and unforgiving
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2016
Co-workers were welcoming and engaging
Clean work environment
Poor Job security
The job was easy to learn and navigate the expectations that the owners had.
Cons
This place closed down suddenly
Productive competitive food service
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 12, 2017
Worked both in Middletown and Dover,DE as shift manager. Productive food place surrounded by others. Consistent customers who were provided with outstanding customer service
Left before it closed down
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DENovember 7, 2016
It closed down for good a month ago. The owner and family knew nothing about a restaraunt. I helped them build up to get used for my time and not get paid enough. A lot of customers were not satisfied.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Headaches
review summary
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 7, 2017
great job, easy to understand work, enjoyable co-workers and customers, decent pay for a high school/college job. manager was nice and held all employees accountable.
Uh
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  NjSeptember 28, 2016
It was terrible. My manager was my only problem. I would constantly get yelled at about what an oz of each topping looked like. I could get along with the coworkers easily although the manager didn't have as much experience himself.
energetic place that stresses healthy eating
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 10, 2016
A typical day working at SaladWorks was a learning experience as a first job. I learned proper ways to deal with various customers. Also obtained knowledge of being a food prep and became a proficient cashier operator.The management is decent and are close with their employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks, no free food, low pay
Fast pace, fun environment to work in.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 7, 2014
My experience at Saladworks of North Brunswick was life changing. During my five years of employment I grew from a shy teenager just entering the workforce into a confident young adult capable of leading a team of workers. Working at Saladworks taught me commitment, responsibility, and customer service. After about two years of employment, I was promoted to Assistant Manager. As an Assistant Manager I am responsible for duties such as making the weekly schedule, handling bank deposits, and hiring/ firing employees. My title as Assistant Manager helped me gain the respect of my fellow co-workers. My co-workers find it easy to come to me about issues in the workplace. I always try my best to create an environment that my employees look forward to working in everyday.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons
No full time availability or benefits
Rewarding Experience
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 4, 2015
A daily routine as an assistant manager at Saladworks consists of preparing salads to the customers' preference, handling money and supervising over the various employees. This place of employment allowed me to gain experience in supervising over others and learn how to become an excellent manager.
Pros
Valuable experience
Cons
Not many breaks, no overtime compensation
Okay place to work. Manager was a drunk
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 7, 2016
take guests orders and make their food in front of them. Clean and prep throughout the day. Open the store up and make sure food is okay
Pros
discounted food
Cons
management
Cashier/dishwasher for saladworks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJune 2, 2016
I would either be washing dishes and prepping or helping out front with the customer and manning the register.
The job was easy and there was really no place to move up. It was primarily a part time job while I was in high school.
Pros
free food
Cons
little hours
Productive environment ranging from relaxed to very fast-paced
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Saladworks mainly because of the bonds I was able to form with fellow employees. As a shift manager, I assigned tasks but I also made my employees feel like they could come to me about anything ad I actually worked with them. Also the owner was very hands-on so it was very easy to contact her and see her, and talk with her about anything.
Pros
Friendly work environment, simple tasks, oppurtunities for promotion, well-rounded training process
Cons
malfunctioning equipment, often under staffed for shifts
fun and peaceful place to work at.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAMarch 7, 2016
I like it very much, it's fun and everyone can do it. The co-work are very nice and cheerful, i like working with them a lot because we spend half day working together. I love working as a manager because I feel confident managing things around and make it better and worth awhile. There isn't really hard parts I personally don't think there is because I do everything anyway I help out a lot and I love and enjoy team work.
Pros
Free lunch with break time.
Cons
half hour break.
had better experiences.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PADecember 4, 2015
-typical day:
made salads, did dishes, got restaurant cleaned up.
-what I learned:
the proper way to make wraps.
-management:
the actual manager, I have nothing positive to say about. As for the current assistant manager, I have nothing but good things to say about him.
-co-workers:
I only got along with 2 or 3 maybe 4 of my co-workers. One girl in particular had a problem with me and made it so then everyone had a problem with me.
-hardest part of the job:
Dealing with the girl who had a problem with me day in and day out.
-most enjoyable part of the day:
Getting to see my friend who is now currently the assistant manager there.
Pros
The friendships that I made.
Cons
The management while I was working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saladworks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9