Saladworks Employee Reviews

Great team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJNovember 18, 2017
I got the this job in high school and the management really helped work with my schedule with school and college but I never got a raise throughout my two years of working there. I loved my co workers it was a hard goodbye.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No raise
Fun
DishWasher/Meal Prep (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJOctober 27, 2017
Great work environment with the employees, learned many skills in the kitchen mostly worked in the back kitchen prepping food and occasionally helped customers out
Great for those that take charge
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAAugust 21, 2017
Saladworks is a great place for people who are fast paced and willing to take charge. It is a place to get fresh fast food so customers come in and expect to be in and out with their meals in a timely manner. It requires everyone to be fast in their own right and fast when working as a team. It is great for advancement as you can work your way up to management and beyond working at different levels and places in the store.
Pros
Half Priced meals, friendly work enviroment
Cons
No breaks
Fun fast pasted work environment
Salad Maker (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 14, 2017
My location was brand new so it was very stressful from when we opened the doors until we left. Was only paid minimum wage for doing the job of almost 2 people.
Pros
half off meal
Cons
short breaks
Fun , lovely costumers enjoyed service
Server (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJuly 17, 2017
Good job , loved serveing others , lovely costumers ,great associates , very clean store , always prepared for our day and our faithful costumers .. Wensdays are favorite half off salads amazing job fast paste
So far, one of the best jobs I've had so far. The management team worked together with there employees to maintain a positive working envioronment.
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2017
When I first walked into Saladworks, I didn't know anything about it. However, I was in search of looking for a job, and decided to apply at Saladworks that day. I provided a resume on the spot, and started working 2 days later as a sales asspciate. The job was easy, in fact, it felt too easy. Which lead me to want to learn more. Within the same month I started working, I learned everything I needed to know to be eligible for an assistant management postion. I was thrilled to have been giving the time to gain some management experience before Saladworks closed down.
Pros
Reliable hours, professional coworkers
Cons
long walk to work
productive and fun place to work
Salad maker/restaurant crew (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2017
Saladworks is a bust fast-casual restaurant with a huge flow of customers during the lunch hour during the week. while it gets pretty bust, the management and employees are awesome and are with you pulling their weight every step of the way.
Enjoyable Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 23, 2017
I really enjoying my job. Working for a franchise with owners who care is different. They have definitely have taught me a lot. It isn't a easy job and pay isn't the best/
Pros
Employee discounts
Best job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Henrico, VAJune 7, 2017
I have been here for a while, have been able to move up to management and has been awesome to work for. The owners of this part of the franchise are great to work for and also can be your friends. Other than just being friends they are your boss and work with you and care about their employees very much.
Pros
Flexible, caring, great bosses, and great locations
Cons
Hard to get a shift covered from time to time
Productive and nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CONCORD,PIKEMay 2, 2017
Nice place to for full timeor partime and very dynamic people very friendly and I recommend this place for work to anybody because is very nice and the job is very easy.
Bad experience with incompetent owner
Team Leader/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 23, 2017
I'm sure this is location specific, but I worked at one that was terribly mismanaged, and blame was always shoveled to the workers, not those in charge.
Nice place to work as a part-time fist job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 18, 2017
Working here as a teenager or young adult while in school is great. Flexible schedule, decent pay. Room for advancement to shift supervisor, assistant manager and general manager of certain locations.
I loved saladworks!
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 11, 2017
SALADWORKS was an amazing place to work and I would most definitely like to work at another if I could someday. The environment is pretty relaxed, besides busy-days and when the lunch rush comes. And the food at the SALADWORKS I worked at was one of the best, compared to the other SALADWORKS I've eaten at. I learned how to make salads and sandwiches. It was the best first job. Overall, it was a great experience.
Pros
discounted food
Productive competitive food service
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 12, 2017
Worked both in Middletown and Dover,DE as shift manager. Productive food place surrounded by others. Consistent customers who were provided with outstanding customer service
review summary
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 7, 2017
great job, easy to understand work, enjoyable co-workers and customers, decent pay for a high school/college job. manager was nice and held all employees accountable.
Average Day
All Fields (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAFebruary 3, 2017
• Duties include Daily Prep of all items used for salads, sandwiches, paninis and wraps. Front line servicing customer’s orders for all items on the Salad Works menu such as listed above and also soups. Cash register knowledge. Opening and closing procedures for Salad Works. Including but not limited to opening the store set-up for lunch and dinner rush and all aspects of closing the store including all security measures.
Make orders and stock consistently.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bear, DE 19701January 25, 2017
The job itself is very easy and the customers are amazing. It is the coworkers and the management that has made me not like the job. You prep food, make orders, wash dishes by hand, and other duties that come with the job itself.
Pros
50% off one entree
Productive and fun working.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 15, 2017
We would come in and get the store ready to open, fill all of the containers and other essentials to prepare the food. I learned a lot about customer service. We all worked as a team and had fun while doing it. The hardest part of my job was being on my feet all day and being fast. I really enjoyed working with my team and getting the job done.
Fun and Interactive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day would consist of food preparation, tending to customers needs, making salads, sandwiches, or soups and completing any task assigned to me. I learned that Salad Works is a health alternative to fast food if the right items are chosen from the menu. I also learned that a job will be what you make it, and what you make it is a reflection of your attitude. This job was significantly easy once I was trained, but the things I found most difficult was when it got busy around lunch time, it could get a little stressful but just another adjustment I made. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers and trying to make their day as best as I could.
Pros
Half off anything in the store.
Cons
We weren't allowed to sing to the music that played when it wasn't busy.
Left before it closed down
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DENovember 7, 2016
It closed down for good a month ago. The owner and family knew nothing about a restaraunt. I helped them build up to get used for my time and not get paid enough. A lot of customers were not satisfied.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Headaches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saladworks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9