Saladworks Employee Reviews

Productive environment ranging from relaxed to very fast-paced
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Saladworks mainly because of the bonds I was able to form with fellow employees. As a shift manager, I assigned tasks but I also made my employees feel like they could come to me about anything ad I actually worked with them. Also the owner was very hands-on so it was very easy to contact her and see her, and talk with her about anything.
Pros
Friendly work environment, simple tasks, oppurtunities for promotion, well-rounded training process
Cons
malfunctioning equipment, often under staffed for shifts
Productive and fun workplace
LEAD FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 26, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I didn't feel cheated with what I got paid and how much I worked. My managers were always extremely friendly. I loved it.
not my favorite job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 5, 2015
the daily customers where honestly the best part i also enjoyed the people i worked with but just the nature of the job didnt really live up to the chains motto food was handled poor items on the menu were replaced with knock off variations and frankly the owner of my store at the time was very under qualified.
Pros
fair pay free food
Cons
lack of team members
had better experiences.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PADecember 4, 2015
-typical day:
made salads, did dishes, got restaurant cleaned up.
-what I learned:
the proper way to make wraps.
-management:
the actual manager, I have nothing positive to say about. As for the current assistant manager, I have nothing but good things to say about him.
-co-workers:
I only got along with 2 or 3 maybe 4 of my co-workers. One girl in particular had a problem with me and made it so then everyone had a problem with me.
-hardest part of the job:
Dealing with the girl who had a problem with me day in and day out.
-most enjoyable part of the day:
Getting to see my friend who is now currently the assistant manager there.
Pros
The friendships that I made.
Cons
The management while I was working there.
Ceasar
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 24, 2015
fun work environment. Crew members are understanding and helpful. As a cashier one needs to be patient. Customers love to be rude and one must not get caught up on that.
Pros
a free salad
Cons
extraneous
Amazing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 19, 2015
I LOVED IT!!! best place ever. if I could I would open one myself and run it out here in Missouri. If I lived in NJ I would still be working for the open I helped open in Toms River NJ. Owner for Toms River NJ store is amazing
Productive and fun place to work with awesome management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2015
SaladWorks is a fun place to work. The managers and owners are fun and understanding. Everybody is pretty much around the same age group. You can pretty much make your own schedule.
Rewarding Experience
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 4, 2015
A daily routine as an assistant manager at Saladworks consists of preparing salads to the customers' preference, handling money and supervising over the various employees. This place of employment allowed me to gain experience in supervising over others and learn how to become an excellent manager.
Pros
Valuable experience
Cons
Not many breaks, no overtime compensation
Best first job ever
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Short Pump, VAJuly 26, 2015
-tasks include salad making, sandwich making, using cash register, cleaning and stocking, dish washing, food prep
-Being my first job I learned a lot about how a restaurant is run and how to treat customers
-Management is phenomenal. Works with your schedule, genuinely cares about you as a person
-co-workers are generally young and can be very dramatic. But very high energy and fun to work with
-hardest part - making a good impression. There is a lot of judgement here unfortunately
-most enjoyable- I made so many great friends, also the job itself is really fun and easy if you dont mess around too much
Pros
50% off, flexible hours, fun
Cons
it can be hard to get a raise, some people are very dramatic and unforgiving
Saladworks
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PAJune 8, 2015
Saladworks was a nice company to work for. It was a professional setting with normal restaurant guidelines. My typical work day consisted of cleaning and drying dishes and preparing salad ingredients. The company was a pleasure to work for.
Alternative fast-food
Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 2, 2015
At saladworks you have to expect every day to be extremely fast-paced. You have to learn quickly to respond to customers needs because they expect to get things faster than physically possible. It gets to be a fun place to work when you and your co-workers can all be in the same line of thought and help customers more fluidly.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Erratic hours
Meeting People
Delivery/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 11, 2015
Typical day at work would include preparing the salad and toppings at the customer's request. I delivered orders to different businesses located throughout Lancaster County. The hardest part of my job was sometimes getting to company's on time due to traffic or the customer gave a wrong address. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and talking to different customers and making their day better.
Fast Paced and Team Oriented Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 6, 2015
I absolutely loved working here. Working at Saladworks was an experience I'll never forget. My coworkers were basically family and those who had been there the longest had an excellent sense of what needed to get done which led to the store being almost run by itself. I learned much about customer service.
Healthy Work Enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 28, 2015
A day at work would consist of coming in and either handling register, clean, Make sandwiches and salads, serve, and because it was a new restaurant work was slow, and sometimes I would stand out by 60 and hold an open sign , I learned some good health and sanitary food guidelines to abide by , and the most enjoyable part of work was being able to get health feedback from customers because most of our customers were coming right after the gym or are just energetic.
Very Productive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMarch 26, 2015
Great reputation on focusing on coordinated details
Team members were effective with my problem solving and vision of leadership
Remained calm and worked well under demanding conditions
Effective working alone as well as a cooperative team leader
Pros
Watching team members grow
Cons
Health care
General Manager's success = Restaurant's Success
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 7, 2015
Typical work day starts at 9. Daily set up routine includes assembling salad case, dictating employees' tasks, daily AM food preparation, verifying previous days finishing numbers, and banking. We strive to maintain a clean and organized work area that allows up to focus on customers during the heavies volume hours. I keep a small team of employees to ensure consistency where each team member must be more responsible for their contribution to the restaurant rather than a large team of team members with minimized responsibilities. Our main focuses are other than customer satisfaction, controlling our sales costs through best practice standards of controlling waste, up selling, and proper forecasting, controlling labor costs by maintaining a high level of productivity, and growing sales through good service and a consistent level of quality. Our company relies on its general managers to decide how their location will operate based on these general concepts and does not provide a clear cut guidelines for observing progress. It is therefore up to the general manager to use whatever tools at his disposal to make sure he knows at all times what conditions the restaurant's finances at at. I have created a spreadsheet that I update daily to record my sales trends, cost of sales, and cost of labor. The owners provide bonus incentives for each of these matrices that are more challenging then attainable in most cases and with little checks and balances, can be denied due to minor calculation errors. Many times, even though the numbers are positive and money has been made for the company,  more... it is not enough to merit even a partial bonus. Overall, I enjoy the freedom of being allowed to develop my own systems and have thrived in this location because I have developed a high level of trust with my employees and have gone above and beyond with keeping diligent records of our finances. The most difficult part of working in this company comes from working for owners who are more concerned with their own gains and less concerned with providing for their employees. Pay is less than adequate for all positions based on the expectations. Many times I have felt under valued even though I have produced positive results in a location that has, without me, cost more money to operate than it generates.  less
Nice place to work in, but management needs to be restructured
Waiter/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
It is a very fast and upbeat place to work.

Nice environment To work in
Fun work place, team work, and everyone got along
Team member (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 19, 2015
I loved working here, team work is a big key, and management was great to work with.
Pros
discount lunches, works with schedules
Cons
located in the mall, so only part time
Fun place to work
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PADecember 2, 2014
Saladworks was fun and productive work environment. The managers were very helpful and willing to train you and help you towards quick advancement.
Pros
quick advancement within the company
Cons
generally part time employment for team members
Customer Service
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEDecember 1, 2014
Taking orders and filling them, running register, refilling the saladbar and soup stations