Salem Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Medical Secretary / Telemetry Tech (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 9, 2015
Great place to work. The staff were all very helpful and also team work was very important at this facility. Management always pitched in to help when needed. They were part of the team.
noraises
Office Assistant/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbiana, OHDecember 23, 2014
I felt as though management didn't care what went on in the offices. I only ever received 1 raised in the 10 years I was there.
Lots of opportunity to explore different roles and cross training in the pharmacy field.
Certified Infusion Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 19, 2014
Work in the IV Pharmacy is ever changing with new scenarios daily. It taught me to be flexible in work hours and to handling new and different challenges. It is a very fast paced world and holding patient care is the biggest priority and main concern. You work very closely with pharmacists and coworkers and are dependent upon each other to get the best outcome. Working in the clean room has taught me to focus and prioritize work flow especially, when you have an emergency or code.
Pros
the job is never boring there is always something to do to help patients and co-workers.
Cons
if you don't like change it would be hard to maintain positive outcomes. half hour lunches.
Great patient care
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients. My coworkers hard working and team oriented.
The management does not seem to try to work with new employess in their department.
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHJanuary 29, 2014
My job in the business office was not good. I was on the job for three weeks and was told that I was not learning fast enough so my job was eliminated. I was not fired my job just went away. The part that is really bad is I came from the ER and was not eligible to go back to the department because I transferred to a different department within the hospital.
I would not recommend working in the business office at that hospital.
This is no bearing on the clinical staff. They are top notch.
Very nice place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Salem, ohioOctober 24, 2013
I really enjoyed every aspect of working at Salem Hospital. From the Nursing staff to the Physicans I worked with very nice people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
getting too close to patients families
Team
LPN (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHOctober 1, 2013
Team work is a great attribute. There is so many compassionate individuals.
Pros
experience
Cons
new lpn wages
Great team work!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHJuly 11, 2013
I worked with a great group of people at Salem Hospital. The constant changing workflow kept things more interesting.
A Good Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 6, 2013
Working with great people in a supportive and growing environment. A typical day is busy, demanding, and full. The job is enjoyable because it is always changing. Days do not feel like "oh..again". The most difficult aspect is finding respect for your life outside work.
Pros
pay is great, a very fixed schedule, and coworkers that are easy to get along with.
productive friendly environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 18, 2013
Busy days. consisted of assignments of approximately 8 patients
with Lpn assigned to some of the patients.

Managing of time.

Management good. seem to be concerned about staffing.

Co-workers fairly willing to work well together.

Feeling completely satisfied with the care given-hardest part of job.

To see a patient's health improved and be able to be discharged.
Seeing the patient smile.
Pros
able to schedule - prediem
Cons
busy sometimes difficulty keeping up with demands.
Productive workplace with great coworkers
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 18, 2013
It is an overall great place to work. The hours are great as my day starts at 6:30 and am done by 3:00 p.m. I have a great rapport with my coworkers and managers. The hospital staff plan ways to work as a team throughout the different departments and gives plenty of ways to volunteer in the community.
Hospital with good employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 11, 2013
Salem was a good hospital. The overtime required and on-call was difficult for my home life.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
too much overtime and on-call
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHJanuary 15, 2013
Great hospital, gave great care and great social service department.
Pros
great job
Registration clerk/transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHSeptember 23, 2012
I worked in both the registration and transcription departments. I loved working in boths. We worked as a team in both departments. Great job. The hardest part of the job was having to have all your work completed by the end of each day. Not always easily done. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping hurting people. I learned something new here every day.
Pros
it was all good
Cons
it is hard to get full time work here
great place to work
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHSeptember 1, 2012
co workers were great to work with. management were caring individuals, it was a 24/7/365 business, there was no where for me to advance to
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
the business is 24/7/365
Part time work
Lab Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 14, 2012
Very stressful place to work, don't feel that the employees are rewarded for their hard work. Co-workers in our dept work together as a team. The hardest part is not knowing the level of work there will be at any given time. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping people. I had no medical work history when I took this job, I feel it would have helped if I had.
Fast paced, secure workplace with friendly coworkers.
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHFebruary 6, 2012
Overall I really enjoy my job at Salem Community Hospital. My job is very fast paced but the friendly coworkers make it fun. Being a smaller community hospital allows all of the staff members to be very team oriented and act as one big family. The only downfall I have found is the shift I work. Working 3p-1130p does not allow me to have much of a social life with my friends and family.

4.3