Salem Health, An OHSU Partner Employee Reviews

The best place I’ve ever worked for
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 16, 2018
There is nothing bad to say. They treat there employees well. Great discounts. Pushes employees to move up. Great setting. Clean. Modern. Great atmosphere. Very organize! The best place I’ve ever worked for. If I didn’t move I would still be there!
Pros
Everything! People, environment, and just the place it self. Discounts.
I enjoyed doing my job there, and did it well.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Was a nice place to work, I enjoyed doing what I was doing. I was a advance CNA, I drew blood, did EKGS, floated to other floors when needed. I was on the orthopedic floor. Helped nursing staff with patient care.
Pros
Able to help people and make them comfortable.
Cons
Supervisor was not nice.
Fun place to work at
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 3, 2018
Enjoyed working here at Salem Health.
The environment was different than what I expected. The CNA's and RN's I worked with where always helpful clearing the rooms or trashing out , so I would come in and sanitize wires and moped floors for the next patient.
They always offered fresh coffee 🤗.
I got to meet different patients and greeted them, with smiles.
I loved working there.
Pros
Free coffee and nurses brought snacks
Cons
Breaks we're on time
enjoyed working here
Enviromental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 19, 2017
Is a great place to work, enjoyed my time there. trying to get back on at the hospital. Learned a lot while working here as far as cleaning goes. the hardest part of the job was watching hurt people come in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the environment I worked in. loved working in the Emergency room and surgery room
I Loved my job, but was commuting 30 miles each way to work and back.
Sr Specimen Management Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 3, 2017
I would recommend Salem Health to anyone. The atmosphere is overall wonderful. People really care about your health there, I am now living in Salem once again, and would love to go back to work there.
Pros
Pay scale
Cons
Prefer not to speak negatively.
Excellent work enviroment
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 1, 2017
Working for salem health you will see teamwork, great benefits, patients lives saved, compassion, and loyal employees. The pay is great and they go out of their way to make sure you are taken card of.
Great place to work.
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 11, 2017
A good group of supportive people. Management supports but also demands the highest quality. Most confusing part is the computer systems and instrument interfaces, there are several of each. Each has its own ideosyncracies.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
complex computer systems
High standards
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 3, 2017
In the departments that I worked for they strived for best practice culture. It was very high volume and fast paced. They are striving to be the best.
Pros
You get to help people
Cons
Stressful
Great health system to work for.
Assistant Nurse Manager-Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 2, 2017
typical day is challenging but rewarding. Great patient care is provided.
Management is fair and allows the employee to advance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients advance to recovery.
Student externship
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 9, 2017
I worked as hard as everyone else and was not paid and was not offered a job after my externship ended because there weren't any positions open. Wish I had been hired there though.
Pros
Great Learning environment
Cons
I was an unpaid student
work atmosphere
Receptionist/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 6, 2017
I generally work a set schedule, unless of course there is a need for me to fill another person job for whatever reason. I tend to learn something new each and every day. Management tends to have favorites within our department, which makes it very difficult to stand out or move around or up with the set culture. The most difficult part of my job is continuously having new responsibilities added without compensation. The one constant that I love about my job is the patients. I have stayed on because of my love for the work I get to be a part of with our patients.
Pros
good starting wage, pto and benifits
Cons
management
Productive and great work place
PAS Representative/ Admitting Staff (Current Employee) –  Salem, MASeptember 26, 2017
Salem Hospital is a great environment for employers. There is a great management as well as very professional co-workers. The staff will train you very well, therefore you become very knowledgeable.
Very minimal interaction with other co-workers
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 26, 2017
I would like to be around my co-workers more during the work day. The job I do does not give me that option. Upper and lower management does not seem to be interested in their employees in my department.There is not personal touch to their approach. They want you to come in and do your job and go home and not complain.
Unfriendly staff
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 24, 2017
Manager was unsupportive and the staff were not the most friendly. Easy to navigate the hospital. Good parking. Small, community hospital. Lots of support staff.
Pros
Lots of support staff
Cons
Unfriendly manager and staff
Stressful but rewarding
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 11, 2017
Staff is good. HR is great. It's all about the staff and department that you work in that dictates work load.
Pay could be increased for CNA's.
Great Time off benefits and insurance
busy but great benfits
Ct Technologist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 10, 2017
busy but great benefits, good work environment, good people, generally interested in the health and wellbeing of the metro Salem Oregon region. I work with some really amazing people.
I loved working at the hospital
NCR (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 24, 2017
This is a great place to work. I really enjoyed it. I would still be there if Indidnt get hurt all those years ago. The benefits are awsome from what I can remember.
It's om
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 22, 2017
Working here has been fine. Lots of unfulfilled promises from management though. Benefits are pretty good and many different departments so many different opportunities
Great place to work but horrible housekeeping department
Environmental Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR 97301August 15, 2017
I loved working for the hospital and I would definitely want to a future career there, but the Environmental services department is what made me quit. The staff is good and friendly but the management is what drove me away. They treat their employees horrible and unfair and after 3 years I didn't want to put up with it anymore so I decided it was time for me to move on to better opportunities.
Pros
So many benefits of being a hospital employee
Cons
Management in the EVS department
great benefits
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 15, 2017
i would not recommend working at Salem Health. Negative work environment. The culture is to overwork employees. Management could care less. The lien program is a waste of time and money!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
overload work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salem Health, An OHSU Partner. Our community is ready to answer.

Salem Health, An OHSU Partner Reviews by Location