Salem Hospital Employee Reviews

Many options
Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 18, 2017
This is a good place to gain experience. They report competitive wages and benefits while providing a safe work environment. There are many different job opportunities within the facility. This allows ongoing education, working in the hospital environment.
Pros
Employee discounts on health care
Cons
Cost of healthcare
Nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAJanuary 18, 2017
Nice place to work easy traffic commute the people are easy to get along with sometimes a hassle with the construction going on and EPIC
Pros
kitchen workers get free beverages and 15$ a week for food
Only reason I changed jobs is I moved to Portland
Operational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 15, 2017
Loved my job and the staff I worked with. I looked forward to going to work everyday. Fast paced and never boring. Great team work.
Pros
12 hour shifts, staff and management.
Professional
Job Shadow (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 27, 2016
Everyone there behaved in a professional manner, the kind that is expected at the hospital, but they were also nice and easy going, very chill and relaxed.
Good job/ bad manager
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 23, 2016
Loved the work and for the most part staff was awesome. However, my manager was constantly following and "checking up" making it feel like your a child. My supervisor had favorites and if you weren't one you were written up for ridiculous things and brought into the office to be interrogated for the most pathetic things.Very high school feel. Supervisor acts as though he truly cares about your concerns but you can tell in the first 10 minutes he is phony and everything he says has been practiced and rehearsed. His odd behavior is uncomfortable and the way he sneaks up on you is creepy.
very serious.
Acute care medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 22, 2016
I had the privilege to help obtain/create medical records for people in the community. Learning the language of medicine has been something I put very much high value in. This is a very hard job, being able to focus your attention to what you are listening to and putting that down in writing. Some of the physicians were from other parts of the world, so English was not their mother-tongue. Sometimes it is very challenging to understand what they say, so being about to determine how it relates to the patient's medical information can be stressful, as the patient's health is at stake. I had excellent coworkers that gave help when needed, and I also helped them with their problems. We worked as a good team. The most enjoyable part of my work was when the managers would send a note to say how well we were doing.
Pros
free parking
Cons
worry about outsourcing work and losing job.
You meet all kinds of people, and jobs.,
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 26, 2016
You are busy and have to remember that you are feeding sick people. Your preping and cooking needs to be done right. You need to care about what you are doing.

Very nice group of people to work with, in any place you have your good and bad , more good!
Working very short handed was the hard part.
Sometimes doing doubleshift was a little rough ,
But when busy time goes pretty fast.
Enjoyed the patients when I saw them.
Pros
GOOD BENIFITS
Salem Health
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 21, 2016
I have had a great experience working for Salem Health. I highly recommend them. the benefits are wonderful and my supervisor and management has been great.
Awesome place to work
Prep/Recovery Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 26, 2016
Great people, staff, caregivers, and teammates. Very supportive, caring, and knowledgeable. Good pay and benefits. Always felt welcomed and cared about, supported, and a part of the team.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, people
Cons
Pay is not as much as Portland hospitals
Management was unorganized
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 10, 2016
Graveyard supervisor is a nightmare! Basically the whole upper level management doesn't care about it either. Do not work for this department! Only thing I loved was the nursing staff and the co workers and the job itself.
Pros
Fun co workers
love it
Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Salem, OR 97301June 24, 2016
The salem hospital is like my second home. They are so welcoming and they always help me when I need it. The Salem hospital is a place I would like to some day be a employee of. volunteering is nice because I'm able to interact with patients nurses and doctors including management.
Pros
super nice
Cons
nothing
nice people
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 18, 2016
the people working at salem hospital are very nice and friendly. they are always willing to help and make sure you have the best experience
Person life is less then the job
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 5, 2016
Does not communicate well with employees. my suprovisor got good marks from employee survey and then was marked down on their review for not being harder on the staff.

Currently they are trying do thing faster with less people and higher standard.

Was put in for not one but two awards by nursing staff my manager said they received them when I asked but I never did get them.
Pros
Cons
All kinds
Uplifting, team oriented, environment.
Environmental Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 1, 2016
Management would start our day off by going over the status of the hospital and our goals for the day. They are very encouraging. We would then gather our supplies to prepare to clean the emergency rooms as the patients left.
Good people to work with as well as the patients. But too much paperwork
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 19, 2016
I would get there and talk to the previous shift. Then do report. Generally the coworkers were good, but the hospital started replacing good nurses with BSN who lacked the experience and often made bad judgements. The hardest part of the job was the constant threat of patient violence. I like the patients. Some were scared and some were mellow. The need to give support to the scared ones.
Pros
Shift differential
Cons
The switch to 12 hour shift. Nursing degenerates after 8 hours.
Friendly and Comfortable
Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 15, 2016
Home Care was a great place to work. Having to drive to your clients home and doing the hands on care was so rewarding to me. I've learned to deal with so many ethnic backgrounds and as well as different cultures.Staff was so helpful as to travel. If you get lost, and don't get to your destination, clients home. The Company provides you with a Cell Phone, which was nice to have in case of emergencies.
My Review
INSURANCE COORDINATOR - SALEM HOSPITAL - FROM (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 13, 2016
I was always busy as an Insurance Coordinator, and never bored. There was an understanding among employees that the patient always came first. I enjoyed my work days there and only left because I relocated to Florida. The hardest part of my job was the death book and the new online death certificates. Patient contact was the most enjoyable part of my job. I liked my coworkers, we were a great team. I am still in contact with many of my former coworkers. Management was responsive and caring to the needs of their employees. I have learned much at Salem Hospital, how to use my time wisely, medical terminology, coding, how to deal with difficult personalities and have the person come out smiling. How to deal with insurance companies and doctors' offices.
Pros
Good working conditions, sometimes free lunches, good coworkers
Cons
Sometimes.... we were micromanaged
Productive and learning facility.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 11, 2016
The hospital is a great place to work. My fellow crew are very knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the maintenance requests from numerous departments. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with patients/visitors when you're thanked for making there visit easier/enjoyable.
Good Benefits, poor work atmosphere.
EVS Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 26, 2016
While the pay and benefits are wonderful the EVS management is indifferent to the needs of their employees and the continuous changes in the work duties makes it hard for anyone to learn and excel at their jobs. Advancement is only for those the management show favoritism to.
Very Professional Organization
Telecommunication Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 2, 2016
Employees are very professional and respectful of the patients needs while they are here for medical treatment. Employees are very helpful with individuals who are not patients as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salem Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Salem Hospital Reviews by Location