Salem Hospital

Salem Hospital Employer Reviews

An Okay place with a lot of potential
Lab Courier (Current Employee), Salem ORNovember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits.
Cons: lack of professionalism
Where I work it is a place I can excel but I need more to really show my abilities. It is a warm environment but one that can be disorganized.
Perfect place for growth
Liason (Former Employee), Salem, MANovember 1, 2014
I love every minute of working there, you made friends in all areas of the hospital, everyone was welcoming.
very good place to work,great people & good management
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), surgeryOctober 27, 2014
Pros: nice people great surgeons
Cons: dont have a position there yet
I really enjoy going to work everyday its a wonderful place full of great close knit people ive learned a great deal being a member of the Salem Team
great place to work
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee), Salem, ORSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: graet benifits & working conditions
Cons: do not recognize experience, to many unexperienced people hired only because they hav a 2 year college degree in anything
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK enjoyable co-workers ,great benefits
Great people to work with.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Salem, ORJuly 22, 2014
Cons: short lunch breaks with few places to get food.
For the most part the staff work well to form a cohesive team.
Work with day to day heroes
Medical Receptionist - Emergency Department (Former Employee), Salem ORJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great benfits
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical day at work is full of life, positive energy and fun as we embrace and comfort patients who is suffering in pain be it emotional, mental or physical.
nepitism central
evs assistant (Current Employee), salem oregonJune 22, 2014
Pros: fellow co workers
Cons: no benefits, low compensation, no support from management.
Okay, I currently work for this company. EVS staff are treated as sub human with little intelligence. Staff are required to punch a time clock, sign in, log into a bed tracking system. Then go to work. All jobs are timed with a stop watch. They want every minute of the 8 hours to be accounted for. You are required to get everything done as fast as possible. If you miss anything while cleaning a discharge room you get written up At break, you are required to log out of the bed tracking system. At the end of break you are required to log back into the bed tracking system.
Break starts when you leave your area. Not when you get to the cafeteria. If you are caught sitting down, you get written up if it is not your break. Compensation is low and benefits very hard to acquire.
If you like being micro managed and treated as sub human, this is the place for you to apply.
Excellent learning experience.
Student externship (Former Employee), Salem, ORMay 24, 2014
Spent a year at the Salem Hospital as a student intern in the nuclear medicine department. The staff work as a team to provide excellent patient care and satisfaction; as well as a high-quality learning environment for students in training.
Hospital
Temporary Staff RN (Former Employee), Salem, ORApril 18, 2014
Travel assignment, which I was thrilled to get, until I discovered that they put me on a tele floor. I told the manager that I had no real tele experience, and would be better elsewhere, but was told, "there's always someone to help you, don't worry about it". It was very stressful. The second shift I worked, I was sent to another, more acute floor, then sent back to where I'd started midshift. Co-workers were nice and wanted to help, but there was little time. I had never used that particular computer system before, but there was little chance to practice with it, which I would have liked to do. It was a short contract, and I was relieved when it was over. I believe it is a good facility, but travel nurses are expected to just jump in and know exactly what is happening and where. Considering that most of my experience has been in a small, critical access hospital, it was not comfortable for me, and I really did not feel that my charge nurse tried that much to help me adapt. For nurses who thrive on the challenge of stress, and many patients, this would work. It was not the right setting for me.
ok to work for, big talk little action
Staff RN, ICU (Current Employee), Salem, ORApril 2, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts three days a week, free preventive care
Cons: expensive meals even for employees, penalty for not participating in live well programs, insurance expensive, most employees have to travel 60 miles for less expensive care, no real support after off orientation
Total care for up to three patients a night, charting per state/federal regulations, lab draws per nurse for patients with central lines, bathing of ICU intubated patient. They do well at supporting some employees but not all and are selective about who gets advanced. Management is supportive in some aspects but does not back its nurses. They hold the opinion that the patient and family are always right allowing them to interfere with patient care. At times this is detrimental to the safety of the patients. Most of the night shift crew is awesome and fun to work with but has a tendency to be cliquish. The hardest part of the job is working without adequate back-up from CNA's to get baths, and linen changes done, they have been working to correct this. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients.
travel nursing
registered nurse (Current Employee), Salem, MAMarch 7, 2014
This travel nurse company made the transition to different health care settings around the country an easy one.
Challenging
Sterile Processing Technician CSPDT (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: new equiptment
Cons: management
Nice hospital, how ever the job culture & management were less than acceptable.
nice hosptial
ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST - INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: limited parking
big hospital with lots of great layouts and rooms.
I was an intern there so it has been a while since I have actually been there but it was a great place to learn and I received a great education with very knowledgable dr.s and techs.
Great crew
Supervisor (Interim) (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good crew
Cons: bad management
Management works with closed eyes to the important issues.
Great place to volunteer for...
Emergency Expediter Volunteer (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 11, 2014
Assist nurses with workload. Fun place to volunteer for if looking to get experience with a hospital.
very good
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 30, 2014
I enjoyed working for Salem Hospital. The people and management are very efficient.
enjoyed good comeratery and freindship.like working with people that work as a team.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: more down time if every one work`s as a team.
Cons: day shift is sometimes grumpy when night shift gives report.
ive alway had good comeradery and freindship on night shift.Im a teamplayer and like to meet new people.Im always compationit and kind to every pateint I meet.I love pateint care.Ive always like to help people,from feeding the homless to playing my guatiar for the elderl at a nursing home for church servise.every one on our team always work well together.we could all joke around without anyone being offended.My proficancie on respiratory equipment and tecniqe on abg`s and intensive care,acute care,and in all aspeces of my scop of pratic have improved.the people at my preveus employment always worked together.we would do are neb tx.vent checks.and a call for a code on ocasion.er,trauma always busy but alway fun.the worst part of the job is when you have someone yelling at you during a code.the best part of the day is when I first start in icu and drink some coffie and talk alittle before rounds.then after work and report,walking back to parking lot and talk some more before every one go`s home.
Productive and rewarding
Phlebotomist, Receptionist, & Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Salem, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: half hr lunch
Cons: serious injuries through er
Drawing blood from all age brackets.Drug screens,drawing blood cultures, ABGs, Glucose tolerance test, answering phone, sending specimens out
Always busy....there is always work to do when you work at the hospital
Support Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Salem, MAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: very physical job
I would answer 100 calls per day and assign the work to others
I learned to work with several different personalities, I also cross-trained in three departments to help out when needed.
Management was tough, set in their ways, not a bad thing.
I enjoyed working as a team on projects and when transporting patients.
There were many challenges we overcame when working with patients and nurses
Loved the customer service I provided and enjoyed working with others as a team
Progressive
ACCESS Care Manager (Current Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: magnet hospital
Progressive. Administration easily approachable and in tune with staff

1 2 3