SALEM SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Not the best experience
IT Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 19, 2012
Great school district as a whole. Good superintendent, nice teachers and kids, Infrastructure team was great but management within the department was terrible.
Pros
close to home
Cons
compensation
Productive and helpful experience working with children and adolescents with learning and developmental disabilities.
Substitute Teacher and Special Education Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 11, 2013
I was welcomed to this company with great opportunities, and over the past 10 months, I have been able to learn so much more than I thought about students and the work life of a teacher. I had great interactions and professional relationships with both co-workers and got to know and interact with students in a professional and positive manner. I really began to love what I was doing with helping students, that I really want to be in this type of business to start as a Paraprofessional and to one day be able to take certification courses to receive my teaching certification and become a teacher myself.
Productive Workplace that can suffer because of inconsistency.
Perm. Sub for Nathaniel Bowditch Elementary (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAFebruary 20, 2013
A typical day at work consists of:

* Grading Papers
* Making lesson plans
* Going to faculty meetings
* Meeting weekly with the principal to make sure all procedures were followed, and lesson plans were up to par.
* Making sure to employ all learned classroom management techniques.
* Making sure to meet parents to discuss classroom concerns.
* Filling out daily attendance, and processing reports daily on students progress.
Pros
being expected to be up to date on all the subjects your certified in.
Cons
management, budget cuts for public schools
Team work environment
Reading Coach/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 21, 2013
Extremely enjoyable job with an extremely wonderful staff.

1.3