Salem State University Employee Reviews

Amazing!!!
Summer Conference Assitant (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJanuary 7, 2017
Great people to work with and very helpful. I worked there right after I graduated and everyone there was very helpful with trying to help me plan my future.
Good Place to work
Electrician/HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAOctober 9, 2016
This is a great place to work everyone that works here is really part of a big family that is the way they make you feel which is very nice and refreshing these days.
Excellent Staff
Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 14, 2016
Really enjoyed the challenge in teaching other students the different concepts of finance.
Friendly work environment,
Flexible hours
productive and fun workplace with good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 9, 2016
Taught English classes as an adjunct from 2006 to 2008. Administration was easy to work with and gave me tons of autonomy. Students were a breath of fresh air compared to the high school kids I had during the day!
Great for pocket cash
Residence Hall Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 13, 2016
Made a lot of great friends who were co-workers we well as residents of the university. Had great supervisors my first and second year working here.
Helpful, convenient and great environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 1, 2016
Working in serials and acquisitions, I learned a significant amount about working in an office setting. I became even more sufficient in Microsoft, learned data entry, invoices, etc. I had fantastic management who were very supportive and helpful to me as a student worker, and worked alongside kind, extremely helpful and gracious people. I thoroughly enjoy working for Salem State University Library and have nothing but good words and thanks to give to them for allowing me to work while in school.
Pros
Flexible hours, kind management, positive environment
Cons
None!
stressful and disorganized
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAFebruary 18, 2016
stressful and disorganized stressful and disorganized stressful typical day at work, very dishonest people. no benefits
Working at Salem State
Student Laptop Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAFebruary 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the school. I thought I would never have a job in this kind of setting. I liked more of the fact that I had a job right on campus and didn't have to leave till I was done for the day. I enjoyed working with my college's and boss. Along with students, understanding the work flow and environment. The job was pretty straight forward with assisting students with laptop support for the school's network and providing Microsoft Office. We also provided hardware/software repairs for students who purchased laptops through the school.

The student support office also helped with the Orientations for incoming freshman and transfer students. We would give presentations about Student Support for what our services were and how we could be of assistance to students around the campus. Also we had lab attendants in each of the computer labs throughout campus, usually in the mornings and evenings.

This atmosphere really provided me with confidants to be in different areas of campus to not only help students but sometimes faculty. We would help support not only laptops but mobile devices as well, generally with email and sometimes connecting to the network. I'm very thankful for myself to have this opportunity throughout my career at Salem State. If I were to have an opportunity to be a staff member for the IT department I would gladly take any opportunity possible.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice atmosphere, enjoyed working with students
Cons
low comp
Fun environment
STUDENT INVOLVEMENT AND ACTIVITIES (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Coworkers are enjoyable and give advice and help when necessary. Everyone is always willing to help each other, and enjoy seeing each other grow within our employment.
Iwas a student and only worked there one semester
Student (Former Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 24, 2015
I was a student in the Nursing Program Although I did work for the Biology department to make media for the students in microbiology to grow bacteria on. The Management was very fair and supportive when I worked there. he hardest part of the job was to fit my schedule around the needs of the department, but they worked things out to make it not so difficult for me.
Pros
Experience, getting to know the staff in the department.
Cons
Trying to make my schedule work around their needs.

Want to know more about Salem State University?

Ask a question
Enjoyed working at SSU
PBX Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work for. Coworkers were great, enjoyed working there very much. Would recommend anyone. It is large university, president is good and understanding, and so are other coworkers.
Not a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Help Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 29, 2015
I work with a pretty good team.
We have great benefits. I would like to see more organization and fairness to all employees.

The entire department needs to be reorganzied.

The hardest part of my job in not having any of my coworkers follow up with me.

Not every one is a team member.
negative attitudes.
They do not accept change well.
Benefits
Cons
Not a fair place to work. Work not equally distributed.
Leukemia Research
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  601 S. Martin Luther KIng DrJune 21, 2015
Working in the Lab at Winston-Salem State University was a great experience. I was allowed to work with a professor where we worked ECGC substance in Green tea to find a way to prevent leukemia cells from producing. During the research we realize that the higher the concentration of ECGC the less leukemia cells.So basically I learned if you drink Green Tea everyday it is a strong possibility you can prevent the growth of leukemia cells. My co-workers were amazing we worked well together and i learned a lot of them.There wasn't really a hard part of my job I enjoyed every moment of it.
Great Student Position, thats it.
Lab Technition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 31, 2015
It was a great school position while I was a student. They were very flexible with the schedule while I was taking classes.
Great and fun
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 27, 2015
You get to teach a lot of students that are willing to learn. The people you work with are great and extremely intelligent. A very professional working environment.
a genuine atmosphere of culture and excellence
Digital Geographic's Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 2, 2015
As a former undergraduate and employee of Salem State University, I appreciated the value given and provided by a focused group who persevered at making differences for all. The faculty made a difference for the students with their endless support and encouragement to projecting everyone's future of accomplishment. The students took a responsibility to ensure faculty that they trusted in their advisement and judgement and reciprocated what they learned by improvising ideas that brought the faculty to where they are today. I must admit this had an impact on my relationship to other students and faculty. Trusting their advisement and building that in my skills of action demonstrated my readiness for the world outside of campus. My co-workers were delightful to work with and share experiences that established connections that would never break. The ending result was having each other's back and relying on support that would lift one another up when we felt discouraged. The hardest part of the job was leaving and breaking a routine that set a comfort zone among us and our everyday interactions. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clients' spirits lifted after taking initiative in the effort to try a new direction in their learning but benefit in their confidence by listening to my field expertise when I guided them in their learning.
Pros
Free breakfasts
Cons
updating administrative data
Good job,could be better work conditions
STOREKEEPER III (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 25, 2015
The university is a good working experience.
A drawback is the advancement part as it is heavily unionized and that,while being a step up to another job sometimes can be a lengthly and frustrating
Experience.
Management does not seem to take too seriously the input and experience of its employees,rather relying on their managerial experiences to make,in
Their own mind, decisions on how to operate.
They will continue to surprise the North Shore
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working for SSU. Great people, good hours, long lunches, understanding bosses and a growing campus that supports cultural diversity
Pros
lots of them including state benfits
Cons
make sure you work in an office that is a correct fit for you
Excellent university for working professionals
Graduate Student, Geo-Information Science (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 15, 2015
Salem State University is the Excellent university for working professionals. Due to its offering of evening classes, it is very practical for working professionals to earn their degree. Professors are also quite nice and helpful.
Fun and productive
Computer Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 4, 2015
Great experience working individually or within a team. Limits to what you can learn depends on your potential. Working at Salem State gives you an opportunity to learn new skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salem State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5