Sales Focus, Inc. Employee Reviews

Scheduling Coordinator/ Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, MDAugust 4, 2015
- Phone call after phone call
- Rarely ever interacted with other coworkers
- Weekly meetings
- Learned how to use Microsoft office and excel rather well
- Constantly posting job ads online
- Kept track of recruits and money brought in
Poor work place. Do not pay earned commission and payroll.
Brand Ambassador/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
I have made this company tons of money leading in sales and customer service since beginning. My sales team and I have been owed commission that has yet to be paid out since last year. We also all have experience unpaid hours on our payroll checks. The company shows no regard or care for their employees or our finances. I will NOT recommend this company to anyone. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
Pressure is the name of the game.
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDDecember 15, 2014
Your day will be on the phone, weather using an auto dialer or have generated your lead list. Expect to make between 80-200 phone calls a day. Quality of leads and conversations is not a determining factor, all that is cared about is the end result. Your input will not be taken into account, nor will your experience. All that will matter is you do as your told, and produce as much as possible based on what you are told.
Pros
your co-workers are warm and jovial.
Cons
you are an automaton and will be treated as such.
Called on prospects for several utility companies.
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 4, 2014
Inside sales position. Cold called companies to see if they wanted to switch their current service to various utility companies in their area.
great bonuses and incentives
Energy Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
it was ok long hours and lots of field work, i only worked there for three weeks
Pros
bonuses
Cons
they lost my check in the mail and wouldnt replace it
Sales Focus Inc. Typical Day
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
With Sales Focus Inc., you have to be a self motivator. This job required you to be able to work with out the supervision of a supervisor. You only spoke with the supervisor on a conference call every morning to discuss what you saw in the field from the previous day. The daily expectation where that you saw a minimum of 40 customers every day and you close at least one of those calls. I averaged around 2 to 3 sales a day. We sold internet websites to small business owners. The hardest part of the job was trying to get customers to switch there internet website over to our service because they where not familiar with 1and1.com who was our client.
Pros
getting to speak to multiple people.
Cons
contract ending and was laid off.
Not a good place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDFebruary 1, 2014
The base is minimum and the compensation is not realistic so you never make money and you are watched like a hawk. Keep looking you will be better off working in a mall.
Cons
30 minute lunch and if you don't clock in on time you get written up.
Hang n there Sales Focus Inc...You are what we need in U.S. Biz
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, MDDecember 13, 2013
Sales Focus gives anyone the opportunity to succeed, all you have to do is put your heart in it. I have read the reviews below and I can see what picture is attempted to be painted about Sales Focus Inc. Sales Focus Inc. is attempting to make up for a plethora of companies out there that have severe disadvantages self contained within their structure. It is a noble task. These companies really need to take a deep look inside and then "let" the experienced veteran's of Sale's Focus lead "True Change" to the client. Sales Focus Inc. is a collection of hard working troopers, striving against the storm of companies poor self definition in the marketplace. More often than not these companies believe they are right, but, they need to examine the possibilities of change that lead them to outsource in the first place. Sales People that come to Sales Focus need to sell themselves as genuine. Are they real Sales Material, or want-a-be's? Being a Sales Person in the field or performing Inside takes an extremely committed sales focus in your personal commitment to growth, and to staying on task throughout the business day. Stop looking at your phone and YouTube, and put away the distractions of your personal life when at work, and focus on the game. If football players sent and received text's on the field, or watched YouTube while on the field, the results would be laughable. it's an extreme example to prove a point. Today, more than ever, a "Sales Person" needs to be honest about who they are and their focus, and only then can they turn the finger of critique on the company. Stay in there  more... Sales Focus! Someone needs to try to help American Business stay on top.  less
Pros
chance to be as good as you prove to be
Cons
clients of sale focus don't contribute enough to help the reps
CONTROLLED ENVIROMENT, ALWAYS BEING WATCHED
Inside Saes Rep (Former Employee) –  Marriotsville, MDNovember 28, 2013
Cons: clocked time breaks for lunch, calls monitored. no interaction with other employees

Co-workers were nice.

The hardest part of the job was that they tract every call and break you take. Watch you like a hawk.

Training was good for a call center environment. 100% outbound cold calling lead generation selling a product or service

Felt like a child in this environment.
Chop Shop for Human Beings
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDSeptember 5, 2013
This company is toxic.

The storyline goes something like this: The internal recruiting department lures staff in with the prospect of high commissions, and people leave other jobs to come to work at Sales Focus. New employees start, get very little training and inadequate resources with which to succeed in their positions. Since this is a company that provides sales outsourcing, the clients (many of which have limited or no contact with the employees at Sales Focus) get to call all the shots. They can arbitrarily change commission plans, staffing levels, even request that a Sales Focus employee be removed from their program. The kicker is that if there is no other program for an employee to move to - that employee is terminated. There is so much turnover and pressure on bringing in new employees to back-fill positions, that sometimes the recruiting department purposely OVER STAFFS the programs because so many people never make it through training. Then, if more than they estimated do make it through, you guessed it - they are terminated.

Their business development team is headed up by a scam artist. The CEO talks a great game - but he is a sales person. There are a few good members of management, but they are so over-worked that they hardly have time to try and address or fix the culture of the company.

Now let's get to the compensation package. It's non-existent. This company pays way below market. Benefits? Hardly. You won't be there long enough to qualify for benefits as they require a 6 month waiting period for heath and dental. You don't even qualify for any sick or
  more... vacation for 3 months. No 401(k) for a year.  less
Pros
opportunities to learn cross-functionally within the company.
Cons
compensation, corporate culture, turnover
Sales Position
Full Cycle Sales Representative / Manager (B2B) (Current Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDAugust 16, 2013
High Energy, High Volume Sales Atmosphere. Full Cycle Sales Mangager.
Fast paced high volume door to door sales
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDJuly 18, 2013
Sales of retail electricity in Northern Illinois. Requires high volume of door to door sales calls a day. Very hectic daily routine.
Pros
healthcare benefits, paid vacation, 401k, paid sick days
Sales Focus, Inc.
Departmental Director (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS.July 14, 2013
A call group of around 25 people per location with a clientele of about 5-6 companies on average.

Training was average, expectations were leveraged in theory as opposed to real world applications.
Pros
clear expectations, daily sales meetings.
Cons
poor mid-level managers, hiring model.
This job help me learn how to be a good street smart
Sales and Marketing Consultant August (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2013
Go Business To Business and focus to get deal and help people save money on electricity bill,

I learned how to hit sales targets of 16 deals in a month; trained 7 new people in a month, organized 5 sales meetings per month

Also • Analyzed the condition of energy market sales.
Hardest part of the job to meet decision makers!
Enjoy part - when people call me and told how much they save money and how they are happy about service.
I meet some of co-workers everyday some of them very rarely because this position was kind of individual basis.
Pros
Cons
insurance plan, bonus for high number sales of the day
Hard work each day with a sense of satisfaction
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 21, 2013
Maintain call lists for my sales team of 8 telemarketers. Training new hires in computer and script and rebuddles.
Pros
fun crew to work with.
Cons
based out of maryland hard to get corporate involveed with projects
Disorganized call center environment
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  MDMay 21, 2013
Lack of clear training for a disorganized call center environment who handles multiple clients. 100% outbound cold calling lead generation selling a product or service completely a waste of time and need for the prospect. You have a desk, chair and computer. :( and they tract every call and break you take and write you up for every infraction.
You are just a number
HR (Former Employee) –  Marriottsville, MDMay 21, 2013
To management, you are just a number. The company has very high turnover, poor compensation plans, little to no benefits, and no room for advancement. While the culture is great, I would recommend keeping your resume out there. Even when you get outstanding performance reviews, don't trust them. When upper management gets stressed out, they criticize everyone else but themselves. To them, it is always the next person down who is at fault.
Pros
culture
Cons
poor compensation, awful benefits, no room for advancement, high turnover, stressed out management
SFI is a learning opportunity I am grateful to have experianced.
WNY Sales Manager Think Energy (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 25, 2013
Many miles, many smiles... an extremely formative piece of my career.
A professional work environment
Territory Team Lead/Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2012
A typical work day would be me calling my team and seeing what everyone had in their pipeline as far as deals to close for the day, then meeting up with one or more members of my team to ride along or coach. Then making calls to clients via phone, in person or email. Sending in all applicable daily reports. End of day call or text to team.
Pros
building professional relationships
Cons
lack of insurance benefits
No job security
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2012
This was one of the worst jobs ever. When I first started in October 2011 my starting salary was 34,000 then in January 2012 the company decreased the salary down to 27,000

Then being that this was a sales job there was a weekly quota that you must meet, the product that we was selling was energy and it was no good for the consumers. 100% of the customers that I got to switch from they original energy supplier was charged double the amount of what they normally pay. The product was no good.
Pros
you get to work on your own
Cons
compensation sucks & no job security.

2.7