Salient CRGT Employee Reviews

productive work place
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 4, 2017
supportive colleagues, productive workdays, no real chance of advancement for what im particularly trying to do but they offer tuition reimbursement for college classes/ certifications
Excellent Opportunity
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2017
Salient has been excellent for me and my family. Presently looking for a better opportunity. Great place to startup for my transition out of the military.
Pros
Self governance as a productive technical writer
Cons
Office design
Productive and fun place with great benefits
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 11, 2017
Excellent work environment where you are given total freedom to essentially schedule your work days to complete your assignments. It assumes you are an adult and can make decisions required to complete your assigned tasks.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
Long commute
Not Much to Say
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort huachucaSeptember 6, 2017
Contracting work is a cutthroat business. I really don't have much to say. The people I worked with were great. I was laid off one and a half months after I was hired. They apparently didn't plan on my spot being cut. I turned down four other jobs because this is what I wanted and I was told I had a job. Now those other jobs are gone and I'm stuck trying to find a job again. Good luck if you become a contractor, pay is good, job security sucks.
Decent company
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 27, 2017
Unfortunately its contract based so you are subject to government changes as well as Salient CRGT focused ones. Could use more vacation time, compensation is generally good.
Salient
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 24, 2017
Salient is a young company attempting to compete in a competitive Federal Contracting market. The resources I was offered to work with provided either inaccurate or incomplete support and I spent many hours researching and locating information and talent to backlit. I do think the company has potential but needs to increase training, and SME availability for managers. There is little time in project start up to acquire this from scratch.
Pros
The location proximity was a reasonable commute
Cons
There was not enough training, or access to SME's for information to orient to new projects.
Enjoyable and productive
Senior Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 21, 2017
Great environment, great team and management to work with. I enjoyed to work at SalientCRGT with the team/people in the project. I learned a lot from team members while working.
It was an interesting place
Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 24, 2017
Was a new experience to me in terms of how things worked. The environment was very different than what I am used to. I would say that I had a nice experience overall and the people mad it fun.
okay place to work
Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 15, 2017
Salient CRGT is not a bad place to work. Most of the folks that work here seem to care about you. The environment is mostly stress free, which allows more time to focus on work.
Great Manager; they will take care of you
Systems Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Selfridge Angb, MIMarch 19, 2017
This company has been loyal to me since I came on board 3-years ago. I have a great manager who supports me and my Reserve military career and as such they have earned my loyalty.
Pros
Loyalty; Great Managers; Supports Military Families
Cons
Depends on your contract
Not what it used to be...
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2017
After many years with this company it's sad to see that it's not what it once was. It used to be about the people, with a work hard play hard emphasis, but now it's all about the money. Another year, another round of cuts. Private equity is a tough world to be a part of where the people making the decisions into the lives of employees will never know you but lay you off without a second thought.
Typical Contract Company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington DCMarch 14, 2017
An amalgam of companies that have merged - definitely experiencing growing pains. Good company overall, many different contracts. However, unlike other contracting firms, they really don't have a bench if contract ends.
Stability
Manager role (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2017
They lack stability, if you have to deal with an unstable customer, so far I worked with one and heard about another, you might be removed from the client site just because the customer doesn't like you, Salient will do whatever the client wants with no consideration of the employee or giving them justification. seen this happen to 3 people at Salient before me.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad healthcare and benefits
Agile and encouraging
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  USADecember 1, 2016
Agile company that encourages it's employees to bring new ideas to the table. My manager is among the best, He does not micro-manage and lets you figure out the best solution to issues.
a typical day at work
EFL/ ESL teacher (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 23, 2016
We worked as a good team where all the ELT instructors were very well qualified for the job. The management did their part and I enjoyed my work. We were given all the help needed.
Well organized processes, but little room for growth
HRIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 27, 2016
Due to frequent acquisitions and work load, the work life balance is difficult. Management tends to stay put, leaving little room for others to grow into management roles.
my review
Information Systems Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDApril 25, 2016
I work as a contractor so the environment is based on the customer, so far i've had a good experience in the workplace. As far as the company goes, it's based on the people which i've only met one which is my PM but he's cool. so its good representation. My company relationship so far is just business, i work and i get paid
Typical work day
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2016
Responsible for independent, local system support of our Sorrento Valley and Temecula offices. Also, provide remote support to user’s around the company using remote tools for about 1200 users. Duties include network maintenance, patching servers, building out imagines and servers using the VSphere client 5.5. Including building out Altigen phones using the MaxAdministrator. I work routinely in office 365 active directory creating and removing accounts.
Good, secure company to work for
IT Hardware Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXMarch 8, 2016
Have worked with this company through various transitions since 2002. Management has always worked to keep our contract viable.
Pros
Manage my own workload
Cons
Being concerned about the contract every couple of years
Decent Company
Systems Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Selfridge Air National Guard Base, MIDecember 16, 2015
Pay and compensation are fine. Annual performance bonuses are not bad either.

Managers tend to care about your needs.

You are still a scumbag contractor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salient CRGT. Our community is ready to answer.