Salient Federal Solutions Employee Reviews

Great job with great pay and benefits
Help Desk Support 3 (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 25, 2017
Management was very flexible when dealing with personal or health issues. Very supportive of personal and professional growth, and really listened to employee feedback and ideas. Very innovative and supportive.
Salient
Supervisor Marc Mussoline (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 6, 2017
Good company and good placement. Federal contractor needed more training. The trainers at the placement site were over worked and not Salients issues were not the placement sites issues. The placement site had one trainer and over thirteen students.
Pros
Good personel
Great Temp Job
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHDecember 6, 2016
Was great company to work for, but they do not help you find a new Job after their contract ends. I am sure they could have put me somewhere since I do have extensive military experience; I was willing to relocate to any place on Earth.
Helpdesk Technician/Telecom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 10, 2015
I would love to land another contract, or become a permanent employee with salient.Had a lot of fun working at this company. I gained a lot of technical experience. Government employees were very nice.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
Easy but busy place to work
VTC Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2015
Really easy place to work. We are always keep busy by doing installs and upgrades to offices and conference rooms. my co-workers are fun and easy to get along with.
Great company to work for
Technical Training Instructor-Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXNovember 3, 2015
I learned a lot about the company and had a great time working for them. I really enjoyed their leadership and supervision.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2015
Interacting with a lot of vendors on a daily basis. Co-workers were good people to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job is not having a manager to micro manage. Let me run the office and was very enjoyable having him as my boss.
Day in the Life
Corporate (Current Employee) –  VASeptember 30, 2015
Typical Government Contractor environment with competitive salaries, but unpredictable security or advancement opportunities.
Great Place to work
Counter-Terrorism Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VASeptember 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about hte number but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. THe most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
(Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers, the work was always steady. Management was fair, the pay could have been better because of my experience and degree.
Very easy-going workplace
Counter Terrorism Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 1, 2015
very laid back, make your own hours type of workplace. The compensation is not the best as they low-ball to a lot of the clients but it's not terrible
Horrible company to work
ELT, Royal Saudi Air Force, Trainer I (Current Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXJuly 26, 2015
Do NOT work for this company. They are managing a huge Multi-Billion dollar contract and do not know their butt from a hole in the ground. I am working as an ESL Teacher to Saudi Airmen. School Director is an incompetent, incompetent, incompetent, unprofessional, egotistical, crude and incompetent manager. Ms Dawn has little or no experience in working with professionals. This English program is a disaster and at this stage of the contract 13 out of 33 teachers have quit, additional 5 are leaving July 31st and 2 out of the 3 new teachers that have arrived will be leaving as soon as they can find another position. All Professional teachers have the same job and responsibilities AND salary levels vary from 45k to 60k. Everyone teaches the same hours and have approximately 15 years of ESL international experience

SSI pays 10K to 15K more than Salient
Pros
NONE
Configuration Management Specialist
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 16, 2015
On a daily basis I worked with the government CM to improved, annotate and enforce standard practices for tracking software upgrades, hot fixes, builds and installations.
Great Contract Job Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 22, 2015
The U.S. Air Force and temporary contract positions have allowed me to demonstrate a high level of competency in administrative skills and knowledge. I have benefited thoroughly through my continual experience. The most difficult part of working in contractor positions is knowing that it is temporal. I look forward to obtaining a full-time permanent position. I learn and apply new skills quickly and need minimal supervision to fulfill my daily responsibilities. Due to my previous active duty military and government experience I display a better than usual understanding of the importance of maintaining and securing interrelationships between my job and the jobs of others. I take great pride in the administrative field and live by the "service before self and excellence in all I do creeds. If you are considering an open position please consider giving me an opportunity.
Solid Company
Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 22, 2014
This company always went above and beyond taking care of its employees.
Federal Contract keeps us working
Federal Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mclean VirginiaSeptember 22, 2014
Federal Contract - can't say much about it.

Office moved at the beginning of the year.

Longer commutes and a different dress code have made
it more expensive to work for them.
Pros
Federal Contract
Cons
Longer commute from home - costs more to work at.
Good Company
F-15S Propulsion Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2014
I worked at King Khalied Air Base in Saudi Arabia teaching the royal Saudi Air Force the engines of there f-15S aircraft. The work environment was good as was the students and co-workers.
Very productive experience
C-RAM Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2014
Great people to work with. The company took great care of its employees.
read below
Curriculum Designer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 24, 2014
average work place and environment. Good people work there. Company needs a little bit more direction and oversight.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
no chance to grow or expand, very hands off management
Fast Growing Company
Project Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 1, 2014
Salient offers an energized work environment that encourages career development and teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salient Federal Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Salient Federal Solutions Reviews by Location