Salina Family Healthcare Center is looking for a full-time IT Systems Administrator. This position will require experience in the IT field for a multi-discipline health care facility; work may be stressful and highly demanding at times. This position requires occasional weekend and evening hours. This position supervises the IT Technicians and ensures the Technology Department is fully operational. Starting pay $60,000-$65,000 based on experience. In accordance with HIPAA regulations, this position requires full access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Such disclosure is necessary to perform the requirements of the job. Confidentiality of PHI must be maintained.
Performance Requirements: SFHC is dedicated to providing high-quality, patient-centered care and creates a culture of continuous quality improvement. Each department is expected to work collaboratively within the department and with other departments to ensure patients receive quality care. Knowledge and experience with Server 2003 & 2008 R2, Active Directory, VMWare, Windows XP, 7 and Microsoft Office 2007, 2010; Electronic Medical Records, Dentrix, PDS Cortex and Symantec Backup Exec. Candidate must have thorough knowledge of TCP/IP Networking fundamentals (LAN and VLAN management) and virtualization concepts. Excellent verbal and written communication is required. Interaction with others is frequent and can often be disruptive so the ability to multitask is important. Considerable interpersonal skills and judgment must be demonstrated in all interactions. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple technology related projects.
Physical Demands: Requires hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, scanner, calculator and other office equipment as well as manual dexterity to manage small hand tools, operate a wire crimper and maneuver cables. Requires normal range of motion; prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping, stretching, stair-climbing and step-stool climbing may occur. Normal range of hearing, vision and sense of smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner that leaves both the employee and SFHC in a positive light. Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a cordial manner with customers, clients, co-workers, and management is essential.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee Technology Department and all related policies, protocols and procedures;
- Directs and prioritizes the workload of IT staff;
- Create and manage annual budget for the Technology Department;
- Administer, monitor and maintain enterprise infrastructure (hardware, software, data and voice) for high availability in health care environment;
- Administer preventive (preemptive) and corrective maintenance / updates on all systems;
- Administer and maintain Electronic Health Record systems;
- Maintain and ensure adherence to disaster recovery policies;
- Analyzes, tests, and makes recommendations on network hardware, software purchases and projects;
- Accurately documents all procedures and maintains up-to-date documentation;
- Write SQL / Pervasive SQL queries, Crystal Reports;
- Point-of-contact with various vendors and service providers;
- Attends meetings as required (Joint Staff, Supervisors, Department, TransforMED, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in enterprise application implementation with demonstrated effective and innovative use;
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both verbal and written, when applicable;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences in a clear, concise, complete and accurate manner;
- Understanding of technology issues in business and health care fields;
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Displays professional and courteous behavior that enhances the image of the organization towards all vendors and co-workers;
- Fosters a sense of teamwork and collaboration within the department and organization;
- Willingly accepts suggestions for improvement and strives to correct the situation;
- Provides constructive input to foster process improvement;
- Must exhibit initiative and sound judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Systems / Technology;
- Minimum of 3 years, including 1 year supervisory, experience in a live environment or combination of both education and experience.;
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies/products:
- Server 2003/2008 R2 Environment,
- VMware vSphere 5,
- Exchange Server 2007/2010,
- CISCO IOS,
- SQL / Pervasive SQL Querying are beneficial.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Audrey Lee, Director of Human Resources and Compliance by June 18, 2013.
Salina Family Healthcare Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salina Health Education Foundation, Inc. (SHEF) was founded in 1979 by Dr. Robert Brown as a community based, non-profit family medicine...