Saline Memorial Hospital

Saline Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Very Educational and Fun
Volunteer from Pulaski Tech (Former Employee), Benton, Arkansas.July 27, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. free wifi. lots of patient interaction and observation. positive environment.
Cons: waiting.
I loved working at Saline Memorial. The people were so nice and helpful, they didn't ridicule me for being a student. They were very welcoming and I enjoyed my volunteer time there. I looked forward to it. It was a very good learning experience and I am glad I decided to go for the opportunity.

A typical day at work would be answering phones, organizing – more... the schedule, checking in with my teacher, writing down what I did that day, observing MRIs, retrieving patients from the business office, helping a few patients out with their paperwork, showing them the dressing room and what they had to do, etc.

I learned quite a lot about MRIs, the procedures, and exactly what the MRI does. I got to watch one first-hand and observe what the images showed. It was really cool.

Management, my "mentor" was really nice. I liked her a lot. She was really sweet and supportive of me.

I didn't have any coworkers besides my mentor, but there would be a few other students from other colleges who came in every now and again.

The hardest part of the job would probably have to be the waiting. I would only have a 8:00 am - 10:45 window of volunteer work and most MRI patients didn't have their MRIs until 9:30.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. It was nice to see the variety of people and to help ease their stress. I liked seeing the people and getting to know some of them. – less
Friendly environment, supportive co-workers.
TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee), Benton, ARApril 24, 2014
This was a caring facility where not only did my co-workers care about the patients but each other. I had a sense that I was contributing to the care of the patients even though I did not have direct patient contact. I learned much on the job and truly enjoyed my job.
Great place
Laboratory Processor (Former Employee), Benton, ARFebruary 5, 2014
Great work environment, good benefits, no room for advancement
Good work enviroment
RN (Current Employee), Benton, ARJanuary 24, 2014
Great co-workers and good management. Great place to learn new skills and to broaden you nursing career.
Review
RN II (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2014
Developing technical, organizational, clinical management skills while providing safe care to adult clients on a Medical/Surgical floor
poor management
Staff RN (Former Employee), Benton, ARApril 27, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: unsafe health care
Horrible place to work. Inexperienced RN's and too many LPN's so the company keeps overhead down. Makes it a dangerous place for the patients. Management obsessed with paperwork and fails to see the incredible insufficiency of there nurses.
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Benton, ARApril 22, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: different company took over and change areas and shifts regularly
Provided a sanitized and aseptic environment for the safety and wellbeing of patients, visitors, physicians and employees
Performed a range of housekeeping duties including waste removal, dusting, cleaning and cleaning of fixtures and surfaces
Removed soiled linens
Cleaned, sanitized and made of beds
Vacuumed carpets
Clean and disinfect washrooms, laboratories, – more... and bedrooms
Move equipment and furniture – less
Unstable, management does not understand the departments they are responsible for.
Clinical coordinator (Former Employee), Benton, ArMarch 26, 2013
Worked for SMH for 10 years. Horrible turnover. Horrible nurse manager. Most managers don't understand their areas but yet make daily work decisions for them. Sad.
no job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Benton, ARAugust 15, 2012
Never knew from day to day if anyone would have a job due to management constantly changing. Loved my co-workers. Most enoyable part of my job was taking care of patients
Support LAN & e-MDS Software
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee), Benton, ARAugust 13, 2012
Pros: loved working with different clinics, available for users to call me for troubleshooting programs, very rewarding assisting users to be successful
Cons: high turnover rate
Supported eight physician clinics technically with a focus on e-MDS software errors, issues & updates. Backing up clinical databases before applying new software patches and updates (database/workstation). I would serve as a backup analyst to answer support calls.

About Saline Memorial Hospital

Saline Memorial Hospital (SMH) is a not-for-profit medical facility serving the western region of Arkansas. The full-service hospital – Read more