Saline Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Generally a nice environment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJuly 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for the hospital as a whole and met some good people.The medical benefits were good.
However, there were serious problems in the department I worked in. For example, there was some unethical and very unprofessional behavior among some of the employees, one of which is a supervisor. The Manager knew of the behavior but chose to turn a blind eye. She didn't seem to care how the other employees were negatively affected. She only seemed to be concerned whether or not she looked good to her boss. I found out that things they say they do not tolerate in the orientation and subsequent surveys, etc., wasn't true in the department I worked in.
Pros
Layed back environment
Cons
No raises, couldn't learn new skills
Doctors are wonderful
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 7, 2016
The staff is very clickish. Very rude and back stabbing by the employees. Supervisor is a joke, manager is a liar. She tells you what you want to hear, then lies.
The company is going bankrupt.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
No raises, management/ supervisor very shady
Back stabbing by management and other employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton, AROctober 10, 2016
SMH and its associated clinics is the worst place I have been associated with throughout my 30+ years career. Constant meetings with no agenda; decisions made by persons with no experience in the field; confidentiality not kept by management or HR personnel. One thing told to one manager; the opposite to another. Did not encourage good working environment among employees. Management had their "clique" of other managers and employees with their own agenda. Your tough luck if you weren't in their circle.
Pros
Cafeteria has the best food and prices
Cons
No support, job security from mid or upper management
Strong Coworkers
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Medical Surgical UnitSeptember 13, 2016
Clean, pleasant workplace with strong coworkers working together very well to meet the needs of all patients. Supplies are readily available. Plenty of opportunities for Continuing Education.
RN STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARNovember 4, 2016
This was a great place to work as an RN. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hospital employs hospitalists that are in the facility at all times. This makes for great patient care.
Pros
good stafing ratios
Cons
long drive from home
The patients were the best part of the day.
Time management (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 26, 2016
You came in early to clean the facility and its patients rooms. I learned the importance of sterilization and time management. Management was fine, if you were well known amongst the company. Co-workers created friendships, but only for their benefit. The hardest part of the job was telling a patient I couldn't help them because it was out of my jurisdiction. I was not allowed to bring them anything they needed. I had to call for a nurse. However, it usually took the nurses up to an hour to answer a page. The best part of the job was seeing patients everyday and making light, and positive conversations that kept them happy throughout the day.
Pros
The patients, and their families
Cons
Short breaks in a certain zone, and false complaints from higher management
Great Career
Patient Care Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJune 7, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. The hours are good. 12hour shifts for 3days. Gives me more time to spend with my family.
Great place
Laboratory Processor (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARFebruary 5, 2014
Great work environment, good benefits, no room for advancement
no bueno
Scrub Tech II (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARSeptember 29, 2015
If you are friends with management then it is a very nice job, the atmosphere is like being back in junior high school. Most of my co-workers were ok but it did not make up for the other 90%
Good work enviroment
RN (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 24, 2014
Great co-workers and good management. Great place to learn new skills and to broaden you nursing career.
Support LAN & e-MDS Software
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 13, 2012
Supported eight physician clinics technically with a focus on e-MDS software errors, issues & updates. Backing up clinical databases before applying new software patches and updates (database/workstation). I would serve as a backup analyst to answer support calls.
Pros
loved working with different clinics, available for users to call me for troubleshooting programs, very rewarding assisting users to be successful
Cons
high turnover rate
poor management
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 27, 2013
Horrible place to work. Inexperienced RN's and too many LPN's so the company keeps overhead down. Makes it a dangerous place for the patients. Management obsessed with paperwork and fails to see the incredible insufficiency of there nurses.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unsafe health care
Very Educational and Fun
Volunteer from Pulaski Tech (Former Employee) –  Benton, Arkansas.July 27, 2014
I loved working at Saline Memorial. The people were so nice and helpful, they didn't ridicule me for being a student. They were very welcoming and I enjoyed my volunteer time there. I looked forward to it. It was a very good learning experience and I am glad I decided to go for the opportunity.

A typical day at work would be answering phones, organizing the schedule, checking in with my teacher, writing down what I did that day, observing MRIs, retrieving patients from the business office, helping a few patients out with their paperwork, showing them the dressing room and what they had to do, etc.

I learned quite a lot about MRIs, the procedures, and exactly what the MRI does. I got to watch one first-hand and observe what the images showed. It was really cool.

Management, my "mentor" was really nice. I liked her a lot. She was really sweet and supportive of me.

I didn't have any coworkers besides my mentor, but there would be a few other students from other colleges who came in every now and again.

The hardest part of the job would probably have to be the waiting. I would only have a 8:00 am - 10:45 window of volunteer work and most MRI patients didn't have their MRIs until 9:30.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the patients. It was nice to see the variety of people and to help ease their stress. I liked seeing the people and getting to know some of them.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Free wifi. Lots of patient interaction and observation. Positive environment.
Cons
Waiting.
no job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARAugust 15, 2012
Never knew from day to day if anyone would have a job due to management constantly changing. Loved my co-workers. Most enoyable part of my job was taking care of patients
Review
RN II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2014
Developing technical, organizational, clinical management skills while providing safe care to adult clients on a Medical/Surgical floor
Friendly environment, supportive co-workers.
TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 24, 2014
This was a caring facility where not only did my co-workers care about the patients but each other. I had a sense that I was contributing to the care of the patients even though I did not have direct patient contact. I learned much on the job and truly enjoyed my job.
Unstable, management does not understand the departments they are responsible for.
Clinical coordinator (Former Employee) –  Benton, ArMarch 26, 2013
Worked for SMH for 10 years. Horrible turnover. Horrible nurse manager. Most managers don't understand their areas but yet make daily work decisions for them. Sad.
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 9, 2014
Good place to work. Easy work.Nice employees. Nice resaidents.

2.9