SALISBURY UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

major updated but a place to gain experience
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJune 21, 2015
I pretty much did I wanted. It was easy to pick up once I learned how to work the sound board. I had alot of friends on campus so gaining viewers was a piece of cake.
College
FT Student (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJune 19, 2015
I have completed my freshmen year in college at Salisbury University. I am currently interested in getting my degree in business.
Fun work environment but the compensation could be better
Student Host (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 10, 2015
Pros: free food at all open house events, lots of opportunities for networking
Cons: have to wake up early for open house
it's fun, you'll meet lots of people. administrative staff is very friendly. It's a great way to practice speaking in front of people and dealing with customers who may or may not be friendly at all times. It test how professional you can remain at all times.
College Campus
Linebackers Coach (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDApril 22, 2015
Unique job as a college football coach. Taught the linebackers at Salisbury Univeristy. Long days and little pay, but reward is seeing hard work pay off for the athletes.
Student Painter
Painter (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 30, 2015
Worked as a painter in the summer while living in Salisbury finishing school. We spent most of our time preparing dorm rooms for the upcoming school year.
Productive and fun workplace
Business Counselor/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: could use downtime to study and catch up with school assignments
Cons: job was just for limited time.
Met with several business owners and entrepreneurs. Was able to apply what was taught in Business classes. Worked with them to prepare their Cash flow and Business Plan. The job was really interesting as their were new clients willing to share and learn from us.
Fun environment
Guerrieri Student Center, Information Desk (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 18, 2015
All of the employees are other students and it is always a fun place to be. Little management and oversight.
Good place for teaching and research
Lecturer (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 17, 2015
Family like department. Nice and hardworking students. In a city for students and retirees.
Exciting and engaing athmosphere
Salisbury University Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDDecember 15, 2014
Pros: building relationships with residents
Cons: 24 hour job
This job is amazing and it allows you to grow as person. I learned how to communicate with residents and gain an empathetic personality.
Good job while in school.
Supplementary Instructor (Calculus I) (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good education/communication experience, decent pay for short hours while in school
Sit in on lectures, plan during office hours, then instruct students during SI sessions. Very relaxing environment. Worked at the pace of the students' needs.
Great work place, not enough hours
Caterer/Cook (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDSeptember 3, 2014
The SU Commons was my first job and a great job. The only draw back was there not being a lot of hours and the campus closing for winter and summer which cost more hours to be lost.
typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job DO NOT include any per
TRiO Mentor (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 17, 2014
typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable
internship
Copy Editor (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 15, 2014
I worked both as a paid employee and as an intern for Salisbury University. As a summer intern in the university's communications/PR office there wasn't much going on and therefore the work was slow-paced and often felt like busy work. I spent a lot of time mailing out mass press releases or making copies of media clips.
As an employee for the student-run newspaper my job was completely self-motivated and centered around getting work done on my own time. I enjoyed the time I got to spend with other staff members and found that we each had very interesting ideas and collaborated well with each other. However, as a student, both of these positions were temporary and left no room for further advancement or opportunities within the university itself.
Good environment to work and learn
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJune 27, 2014
It is good environment for students to learn and work because the faculties are professors, so they have bosses right next to them. It is easier for them to ask questions about chemistry than other "class-attending" students.
Very flexible work environment held to high standards
Parking Services Manager/Clerk (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 13, 2014
Full charge processing of all staff/student permits, tickets and appeals
General and Administrative Office
Training and developing corrective action plans for staff based on current policies and procedures
Work closely with dispatch and uniformed police officers in maintaining departments accreditation standards
Manage flagging list through MVA
Manage all petty cash
Reconcile bank balances; record general ledger entries
Staffing of Parking Services Office
career development
Retail Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDApril 27, 2014
Pros: healthcare, education assistance
Cons: rotating shifts
Its a great place to work but promotions only come if someone retires or dies.
great experience
Lead-Analyst for University (Former Employee), Salisbury, MarylandJanuary 12, 2014
helping students in the student-run mutual fund was great. being account for the investments deicison was also a great experience.
fun place to work
Food Server Food (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDAugust 20, 2013
Having to be too work at 5 a.m. Perp breakfast, and cooking hot cereals.
Great team building experience
Peer Educator (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 12, 2013
Pros: meeting new students, educating others
While here we were able to participate in events that increased the awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault on college campuses.
Great Opportunity
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJune 29, 2013
If your looking for a great graduate assistantship in the Eastern Shore area, Salisbury is a great place to start.