SALISBURY UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews in United States

A well-rounded job for students with a heavy work load.
Print Technician (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 12, 2016
Print Monitor -
I would print large posters for students and faculty. I would also monitor printers and repair printers if needed. Learned to troubleshoot printing errors. Hardest part was printing different sizes off templets. Enjoyed meeting new people every day.

Seagull Sports Network -
Filmed and edited for live sports webcasts. I learned how to update CGs that were presented in the live webcasts and properly film the games I was working. Hardest part was filming at night without much lighting. most enjoyable was actually using the equipment and producing footage that was great for the webcasts.
Exciting to help acclimate incoming Freshman
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 15, 2016
You work long hours, but overall it is a rewarding job to help the incoming Freshman become more involved in campus and acclimate to Salisbury University.
It is wonderful working with the professors and students. Too low of wages and no chance for advancement, and too few hours.
Cashier, etc (Current Employee) –  Hension Cafe, Henson HallMarch 15, 2016
I loved working in the Cafe'. Worked mostly as cashier and restocking. It is great to be around the students. They are so full of life and friendly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too few hours
Poor work environment
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 5, 2016
A poor work environment that I would not recommend for others. Not a place that encourages growth, diversity, or critical thinking.
Competitive Fun Work Environment
Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 2, 2016
Coaching at Salisbury is very enjoyable and I have been lucky to work for one of the best in the profession. I am Able to learn something new everyday and enjoy going to work.
Expereienced Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 19, 2015
Expereince security office, with multiple years of customer service and security experience. I have worked for some excellent some employers who have provide me with some great work experience, I would recommend them to anyone.
Great University
Teaching Assistant/ Guess Lecture Experience (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 11, 2015
As a student here, I was given many opportunities to further my education and work alongside thoughtful and talented faculty to achieve my career goals as an academic.
Student
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 25, 2015
I am a student and think the business school is amazing. It is a great way to learn about business processes and advance my knowledge in a close classroom setting.
Pros
Classes
Cons
Dining Hall
Enjoyable school atmosphere with Lack-Luster Management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 17, 2015
Working at Salisbury was a wonderful experience which I was rather fond of. I was able to work with others typically older than myself while experiencing the efficient and fun environment of a university. The work itself was simple housekeeping yet it was work you could look back at and appreciate.

My only complaint was the lack of management abilities shown by those higher in position. They never gave off any real passion or excitement and the management of supplies/people were very mismanaged and poor quality.

Job advancement is a rather long period process that does not necessarily reward the most deserving individuals and that reason may show through managements current state.

The management of the Housekeeping division is poor but all over departments/developments are enjoyable.
Pros
Student interaction, Learning atmosphere, Good pay, Great benefits, Good hours.
Cons
Poor Management, Hard to advance in status, Unprofessional Management.
major updated but a place to gain experience
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 21, 2015
I pretty much did I wanted. It was easy to pick up once I learned how to work the sound board. I had alot of friends on campus so gaining viewers was a piece of cake.
College
FT Student (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 19, 2015
I have completed my freshmen year in college at Salisbury University. I am currently interested in getting my degree in business.
Fun work environment but the compensation could be better
Student Host (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 10, 2015
it's fun, you'll meet lots of people. administrative staff is very friendly. It's a great way to practice speaking in front of people and dealing with customers who may or may not be friendly at all times. It test how professional you can remain at all times.
Pros
free food at all open house events, lots of opportunities for networking
Cons
have to wake up early for open house
College Campus
Linebackers Coach (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 22, 2015
Unique job as a college football coach. Taught the linebackers at Salisbury Univeristy. Long days and little pay, but reward is seeing hard work pay off for the athletes.
Student Painter
Painter (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 30, 2015
Worked as a painter in the summer while living in Salisbury finishing school. We spent most of our time preparing dorm rooms for the upcoming school year.
Productive and fun workplace
Business Counselor/Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Met with several business owners and entrepreneurs. Was able to apply what was taught in Business classes. Worked with them to prepare their Cash flow and Business Plan. The job was really interesting as their were new clients willing to share and learn from us.
Pros
could use downtime to study and catch up with school assignments
Cons
job was just for limited time.
Fun environment
Guerrieri Student Center, Information Desk (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 18, 2015
All of the employees are other students and it is always a fun place to be. Little management and oversight.
Good place for teaching and research
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 17, 2015
Family like department. Nice and hardworking students. In a city for students and retirees.
Exciting and engaing athmosphere
Salisbury University Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 15, 2014
This job is amazing and it allows you to grow as person. I learned how to communicate with residents and gain an empathetic personality.
Pros
building relationships with residents
Cons
24 hour job
Good job while in school.
Supplementary Instructor (Calculus I) (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 21, 2014
Sit in on lectures, plan during office hours, then instruct students during SI sessions. Very relaxing environment. Worked at the pace of the students' needs.
Pros
good education/communication experience, decent pay for short hours while in school
Great work place, not enough hours
Caterer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 3, 2014
The SU Commons was my first job and a great job. The only draw back was there not being a lot of hours and the campus closing for winter and summer which cost more hours to be lost.

4.2