SALISBURY UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 5, 2017
Interesting opportunities as a grader. Provides enough money to pay for gas and food. Received great recommendation letters for doing the work in the department.
Enjoyable work environment, very understanding of student culture
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 1, 2017
The perfect job to supplement student income, they are more than willing to work around one's class schedule and the management overall is understanding, specifically Will Lowery.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
minimum wage
working with college students in a productive and engaging environment
Bridges Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 5, 2017
Mentoring freshman college students, academic coaching, working with academic probation students, and performing other office duties on a daily basis
fun work space where you can interact with patrons and students.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  salisbury, MdJanuary 16, 2017
Great boss that really helps you when you need it. you get to work with kids when you teach swimming lessons and its all around a safe fun place to work
This is the college I attended for my undergraduate.
Vice President, Women in Leadership (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 8, 2017
I had an amazing experience and Learned so much during my college year. I have worked as a student work in college and gained some experience.
Great place to learn and grow as a coach and person.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 14, 2016
Great facilities with great coaches around that are willing to help. The campus is beautiful and the academic buildings are top notch. I learned how to budget practice, games, and academics along with being a social person. The hardest part about this job is that the bar is set high because it is such a great school.
Pros
Facilities, People, Campus
High energy work place
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 24, 2016
Daily operations include facility management and maintenance, customer service and data entry. The hardest part of the job is escorting trespassers out of the facility in a peaceful manner.
Ton of Learning and great relationships
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 4, 2016
Long fully involved days improving athletes with other great coaches learning from one another. Best part of the job was watching the transformation of athletes right infront of my face, knowing I helped them get better, I helped them reach and surpass their goals. Very rewarding experience.
Great part-time job
Server (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 13, 2016
I like that this was a part-time job for the state. I got to work in different area of the commons . The hours were nice and we didn't work when the students didn't have classes
A well-rounded job for students with a heavy work load.
Print Technician (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 12, 2016
Print Monitor -
I would print large posters for students and faculty. I would also monitor printers and repair printers if needed. Learned to troubleshoot printing errors. Hardest part was printing different sizes off templets. Enjoyed meeting new people every day.

Seagull Sports Network -
Filmed and edited for live sports webcasts. I learned how to update CGs that were presented in the live webcasts and properly film the games I was working. Hardest part was filming at night without much lighting. most enjoyable was actually using the equipment and producing footage that was great for the webcasts.
Exciting to help acclimate incoming Freshman
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 15, 2016
You work long hours, but overall it is a rewarding job to help the incoming Freshman become more involved in campus and acclimate to Salisbury University.
It is wonderful working with the professors and students. Too low of wages and no chance for advancement, and too few hours.
Cashier, etc (Current Employee) –  Hension Cafe, Henson HallMarch 15, 2016
I loved working in the Cafe'. Worked mostly as cashier and restocking. It is great to be around the students. They are so full of life and friendly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too few hours
Poor work environment
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 5, 2016
A poor work environment that I would not recommend for others. Not a place that encourages growth, diversity, or critical thinking.
Competitive Fun Work Environment
Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 2, 2016
Coaching at Salisbury is very enjoyable and I have been lucky to work for one of the best in the profession. I am Able to learn something new everyday and enjoy going to work.
Expereienced Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 19, 2015
Expereince security office, with multiple years of customer service and security experience. I have worked for some excellent some employers who have provide me with some great work experience, I would recommend them to anyone.
Great University
Teaching Assistant/ Guess Lecture Experience (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 11, 2015
As a student here, I was given many opportunities to further my education and work alongside thoughtful and talented faculty to achieve my career goals as an academic.
Student
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 25, 2015
I am a student and think the business school is amazing. It is a great way to learn about business processes and advance my knowledge in a close classroom setting.
Pros
Classes
Cons
Dining Hall
Enjoyable school atmosphere with Lack-Luster Management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJuly 17, 2015
Working at Salisbury was a wonderful experience which I was rather fond of. I was able to work with others typically older than myself while experiencing the efficient and fun environment of a university. The work itself was simple housekeeping yet it was work you could look back at and appreciate.

My only complaint was the lack of management abilities shown by those higher in position. They never gave off any real passion or excitement and the management of supplies/people were very mismanaged and poor quality.

Job advancement is a rather long period process that does not necessarily reward the most deserving individuals and that reason may show through managements current state.

The management of the Housekeeping division is poor but all over departments/developments are enjoyable.
Pros
Student interaction, Learning atmosphere, Good pay, Great benefits, Good hours.
Cons
Poor Management, Hard to advance in status, Unprofessional Management.
major updated but a place to gain experience
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 21, 2015
I pretty much did I wanted. It was easy to pick up once I learned how to work the sound board. I had alot of friends on campus so gaining viewers was a piece of cake.
College
FT Student (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 19, 2015
I have completed my freshmen year in college at Salisbury University. I am currently interested in getting my degree in business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SALISBURY UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3