Sallie Mae

Sallie Mae Employee Reviews

this was a temp job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Township of Hanover, PAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: being able to learn more about the things that go on in life.
Cons: none
they needed some workers because they were getting backed up with calls and whatever so they called in some temps. it was a good place to work and learn about student loans and the way our higher education system worked. I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. Thank ypou.
It was an ok place to work
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Niles, IlAugust 19, 2015
I think it was an ok place to work but they handle things wrong when it comes to disaplinary reviews. I learned about debt collecting. Management was fair. I loved my coworkers. The hardest part was getting someone to pay their debt. I loved learning new things.
call center, very competitive and fast paced
Credit Specialist/ Judgmental Lender (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 14, 2015
Management was always there to help educate the staff to preform the job better. Unfortunately upper managements direction on how to run the business often changed daily. When that happened it caused confusion with the staff and the belief system was compromised.
Excellent training
Account Manager (Former Employee), Muncie,INJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great incentives to work hard
Cons: High turnover
Big place with lots of different people in a huge work environment. Taking incoming and calling out to clients about delinquent accounts.
Talking with customers about how to help them bring their accounts up-to-date and keeping them focused on making payments on time.
Supportive management who help teach employees how to negotiate and calm hostile clients.
ITT Tech
Skip Tracing Specialist (Current Employee), Fishers, INJuly 9, 2015
Have to be able to handle change, and multitasking is extremely important. Many deadlines and they have to be met on time.
Great secure position
Software Developer (Current Employee), indianapolisJuly 8, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: slow projects
Great secure place to work, great employees, managers are good as well. Decent pay, office is pretty bad. asdfasdasd asd asd asd asd asd asd aswd asd asd asd asdasd asd sad asd
Productive and fun work environment
Private Loan Representative (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Honest management, vacation and great benefits
Cons: Not very much room for growth
A typical day at work would start with setting goals for the day. I would plan my day, a day in advance. I would follow up with borrowers, review their accounts to see if there were possible ways to save the borrowers money. My co-workers were all excited to achieve their daily goals. The work environment remained positive. The management was always honest and upfront which created trust within the company.
Worst Place I've ever worked
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), wilkes barre, paJune 24, 2015
Pros: compensation and bonuses were great
Cons: workplace harrassment, favoritism, no work/life balance
The supervisors and upper management are always worried about their bonuses. Their bonuses are based on the agents' performance. I went through a lot of workplace humiliation and harassment because I spoke up for myself and others. I was cursed at in front of hundreds of people on the floor till I cried and was told to get back on the phone. This job has overtime but it is not worth it. This job is extremely stressful and upper management is always asking you to do more OT. work/life balance is non existent. I got told I shouldn't be going to college and that I should be more focused on the company. They would not accept a doctors note when I was hospitalized or when I had strep throat and bronchitis, or when I had a concussion.
Professional and productive.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2015
Always willing and ready to help with any questions you may have. A great place to work! I enjoyed working for Sallie Mae.
good place to work
Collector (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 8, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: none really
collected delinquent student loans from people, made calls abnd worked on computor. Supervisors were good and helped out a lot
Not bad
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 28, 2015
Not a bad company to work for. Must work hard to get bonuses. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and direct supervisors. The hardest part is learning to shake off being called names. Have to have a thicker skin.
Great days at Sallie Mae
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria onsite
Cons: Closing of Sallie Mae
A typical day included logging in and answering phones. While answering customers questions and needs within the parameters given. I learned how to prioritize. Management was warm and friendly. The hardest part of the job was when they closed the doors.
awesome
Collect student loan (Former Employee), New YorkMay 22, 2015
I love working at sallie mae, collecting student loan and meeting other students like myself. My boss was a nice lady. And it was an good atmosphere to work in.
Fun job, if you work hard pay is great.
Outreach Counselor (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: Prize giveaways, good pay
Cons: If you love getting hung up on and cussed out you'll love this job.
Good pay if you work really hard. Bonuses are nice. Management are all really good people and are willing to help. Overall the job gets rough, its basically collections, and even when its not, the customer thinks it is.
Fun Workplace
Private Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, DEMay 20, 2015
Criticism is a very real possibility during your performance review. Nearly everyone has some aspect of their work that they can improve on, so try not to be offended or scared for your job security if you receive some gentle suggestions for improvement. Acknowledge the criticism and move on — don't lose your cool, even if you think your supervisor's criticisms aren't particularly true.
COLLECTIONS
Case Worker (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJMay 18, 2015
THE POSTIONS REQUIRES ONE TO HAVE A CERTAIN TYPE OF ATTITUDE. IF YOU ARE NOT ORGANIZED YOU WONT BE ABLE TO LAST LONG. THEIR SYSTEMS ARE VERY SLOW AND OUT DATED.
Steady Schedule/Bonuses
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 17, 2015
While working in a call center can be boring at times, they have lots of team building experiences, and games to liven things up for everyone. You were given a set schedule, though they accommodated employees when necessary. The bonus program definitely is a great incentive for the employees!
productive
Informatica ETL Developer (Former Employee), Columbus,OHMay 6, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Intermediate place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Muncie, INApril 23, 2015
A typical day here consisted of calling clients that were behind on their student loan payments and trying to collect money from them. If a client was unable to make the payments each month we had plans that we were able to enroll them in to meet their financial needs.
Informatica Developer
ETL/Informatica Developer (Former Employee), Canton, MA, USApril 9, 2015
o Binarization : Convert the real time fingerprint into binary representation(0s and 1s)
o Thinning: Reduce the width of the ridges and groves of the binarized fingerprint.
o Extraction of false minutiae features: Recognize the prints that would be generated by sweat or other partials present on the print
o Removal of false minutiae features.
Headquarters