Sally Beauty Holdings

Sally Beauty Holdings Employee Reviews

Very corporate-ish
Senior Accountant Analyst (Former Employee), denton, texasSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: healthcare, pay, environment
A typical day at work included sitting in a cubicle with loud neighbors who got upset if you were talking at all and would tell on you. Management is very nit picky and opportunity for advancement is rare. People were not friendly and made this job miserable to work at. I should have known you weren't going to meet welcoming people at a corporate office. BTW, the raises they give are less than walmart's. I got paid 10 dollars/hr for a job that pays 30k anywhere else and they took into account my degree and experience and offered 10/hr
Very enjoyable work enviornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free beauty product
Cons: i can't think of any
A typical day at work included checking emails, submitting expense reports and answering questions for our stores.

I learned much better time-management.

My co-workers were remarkable. Everyone was definitely a team player and they were always willing to help or teach you how to do something that you weren't quite sure how to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with incredible people within the office and out in the field. Sally Beauty definitely has amazing employees.
Close to home
Staff Accountant Asset Management (Current Employee), Denton, TexasJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: micromanagement
I work t the corporate office. It is a great place to learn, but not long term
Dead end; Big company still in the 80's
Hourly Employee (Current Employee), HeadquartersApril 8, 2014
Pros: cafe on site
Cons: opportunities, time banks, morale
There are no advancement opportunities even for those who have excellent reviews and top incentives. Sick pay accumulates @ 4hrs per month. Top management gets away with treating employees unethical/borderline illegal. To ice that cake as condition to employment you sign a waiver that prohibits your right to legal action.
Often promote from within. Relaxed environment.
IT Employee (Current Employee), Denton, TXNovember 3, 2013
Often promote from within. Relaxed environment. You are forced to sign an arbitration agreement to work there. Pay is below market value.
Horribly loud and no advancement available.
IT Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: some discount at the sally stores...
Cons: supervisors, payrate
I worked in the help desk deptartment for more than one year. The management is inexperienced in handling employees and use favoritism. A typical day of work is receiving calls from clerks at Sally stores and helping them out while trying to tune out the other help desk employees cursing up a storm because they are receiving a support call... The hardest part of the job was trying to tune out the profanity from the mostly inexperienced help desk employees. It was also hard for me to try and become a favorite of the management, as that is not part of my style... There was no most enjoyable part of the job, they used to let you access the internet but recently started using websense and blocking content.
Store Compliance Auditor (Current Employee), Denton, TXAugust 22, 2013
I have worked at Sally Beauty for four years and can say it was a great starting point for my career.
People are friendly
HelpDesk (Current Employee), DentonJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: compensation
People are friendly but management/tenure employees are stuck in old business way of thinking. A billion dollar company but still running dos. Employees will have job security if they don't speak up. Compensation is none, expect to pay employees in IT department very low, next to minimum wage.
Heavy Travel
Internal Compliance Auditor (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: audit team is great to work with.
Cons: the travel can become tiresome.
50-60% Travel for store compliance group.

Must be able to work on an accelerated program schedule.
The Largest Small Company I've Worked For
HQ Employee (Former Employee), Denton, TXJuly 9, 2012
Pros: on-site cafeteria, stock is doing well, female friendly environment
Cons: retail benefits, not open to new ways
The company is very large but the culture has a very "small company "feel to it. Trying to make things better is a challenge as there are many tenured individuals who want to keep things the same. The "hero" is valued over the team player. The people are nice enough on a personal basis.

About Sally Beauty Holdings

Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. is a distributor of professional beauty supplies in the United States. The Company provides its customers – Read more