Sally Beauty Holdings

Sally Beauty Holdings Employer Reviews

Very enjoyable work enviornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free beauty product
Cons: i can't think of any
A typical day at work included checking emails, submitting expense reports and answering questions for our stores.

I learned much better time-management.

My co-workers were remarkable. Everyone was definitely a team player and they were always willing to help or teach you how to do something that you weren't quite sure how to do.

The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was working with incredible people within the office and out in the field. Sally Beauty definitely has amazing employees. – less
Close to home
Staff Accountant Asset Management (Current Employee), Denton, TexasJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: micromanagement
I work t the corporate office. It is a great place to learn, but not long term
Dead end; Big company still in the 80's
Hourly Employee (Current Employee), HeadquartersApril 8, 2014
Pros: cafe on site
Cons: opportunities, time banks, morale
There are no advancement opportunities even for those who have excellent reviews and top incentives. Sick pay accumulates @ 4hrs per month. Top management gets away with treating employees unethical/borderline illegal. To ice that cake as condition to employment you sign a waiver that prohibits your right to legal action.
Often promote from within. Relaxed environment.
IT Employee (Current Employee), Denton, TXNovember 3, 2013
Often promote from within. Relaxed environment. You are forced to sign an arbitration agreement to work there. Pay is below market value.
Horribly loud and no advancement available.
IT Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: some discount at the sally stores...
Cons: supervisors, payrate
I worked in the help desk deptartment for more than one year. The management is inexperienced in handling employees and use favoritism. A typical day of work is receiving calls from clerks at Sally stores and helping them out while trying to tune out the other help desk employees cursing up a storm because they are receiving a support call... The hardest – more... part of the job was trying to tune out the profanity from the mostly inexperienced help desk employees. It was also hard for me to try and become a favorite of the management, as that is not part of my style... There was no most enjoyable part of the job, they used to let you access the internet but recently started using websense and blocking content. – less
Store Compliance Auditor (Current Employee), Denton, TXAugust 22, 2013
I have worked at Sally Beauty for four years and can say it was a great starting point for my career.
People are friendly
HelpDesk (Current Employee), DentonJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: compensation
People are friendly but management/tenure employees are stuck in old business way of thinking. A billion dollar company but still running dos. Employees will have job security if they don't speak up. Compensation is none, expect to pay employees in IT department very low, next to minimum wage.
Heavy Travel
Internal Compliance Auditor (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: audit team is great to work with.
Cons: the travel can become tiresome.
50-60% Travel for store compliance group.

Must be able to work on an accelerated program schedule.
The Largest Small Company I've Worked For
HQ Employee (Former Employee), Denton, TXJuly 9, 2012
Pros: on-site cafeteria, stock is doing well, female friendly environment
Cons: retail benefits, not open to new ways
The company is very large but the culture has a very "small company "feel to it. Trying to make things better is a challenge as there are many tenured individuals who want to keep things the same. The "hero" is valued over the team player. The people are nice enough on a personal basis.
Productive and a huge learning curve.
assistant manager (Former Employee), Central LondonMarch 7, 2014
My typical day at work was to ensure that all staff members have fulfilled their specific duties, for example delivery acceptance, etc. Other duties also include handling store operations on how to ensure all daily store actions are completed and checked off by myself. Building good customer rapport by delivering excellent customer service and ensuring – more... store standards are well maintained. Ensure all paperwork and banking are filled in completely, all refunds and exchanges are logged and performed correctly, leaving it for the manager to sign off and file away.

In the short space of time I would say i have learnt a lot about management skills, and what it takes to handle a store. The tasks that arise for the management team is endless, and attempting to tackle everything on that list takes a lot of dedication and devotion. – less

About Sally Beauty Holdings

Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. is a distributor of professional beauty supplies in the United States. The Company provides its customers – Read more