Sally Beauty Supply

Sally Beauty Supply Employer Reviews

Productive & fun place to work, but the pay sucks (minimum wage) and the company is ill crafted.
Advanced Sales Representative (Former Employee), Milton, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free products per month, samples, fun customers, easy work
Cons: minimum wage pay even with experience, dirty company, high turnover rate
A typical day at work would be constantly interacting with the customers in an attempt to reach your required goals for the day which included meeting BCC (Beauty Club Card) ratios (selling one to every 6 customers), and meeting IOM (Item Of the Month) ratios (selling an item of the month 1 every hour you're on the clock, of course more is betting, but that's the minimum per day.

The work is fun and competitive, but 30 minutes isn't enough time for a break when you're working 8+ hours out of a day. Management loves to throw around company policy (which are great leadership and disciplinary traits..... when worked on both ends of the stick). The coworkers are always fun and great people, but the company has such a high turnover rate that you never get to really grow together within the company. I learned about a ton of products and do-it-yourself life hacks when it comes to the beauty industry, that would be the most enjoyable part of the job, that an the free products every month.
energetic work environment but poor management and pay for managers
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: make your own schedule nice bonuses from time to time
Cons: poor management, work load is unbearable for managers
Company incentive program is awesome. managers requirements not equivalent to pay. Unrealistic goals for programs. No holidays off with the exception of Christmas, thanksgiving and Easter. no day surrounding these holidays considered black out period, vacations depends on staff and store needs. must work one night a week, three weekends a month and also one Sunday per month. Do not like to let stores close in bad weather no matter if they have electricity or not.
fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), oklahoma city, okFebruary 23, 2015
You always stayed busy. The manager is super awesome! I learned so much from this job. I enjoyed it so much. Everyone works as a team and really helps out.
Awful
Store Manager (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I was a Store Manager at a Sally Beauty Supply in Texas. My Territory Manager was the rudest, most stuck-up woman I had ever worked for and the Associates that worked there were some of the most 'ghetto' and rude people. No matter how good of a job you did, the Territory Manager and Associates always found the tiniest thing wrong and was never happy for anything you did. As soon as I was hired in, my District Manager quit and I was without a supervisor for about three months. I was untrusted by my Territory Manager to hire anyone into my store and ended up working up to 70 hours a week with the same rate of pay for working 40 hours a week. The other Store Managers in the area, District Manager, and Territory Manager were absolutely disrespectful and rude people. I will never ever want to work for a company like this one and wouldn't recommend anyone for this company. They treat their employee's like garbage and give them no respect.
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Great work atmosphere, would defiantly recommend to anyone who is looking for a job! Ive learned and growned more as a employee and person.
productive fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2015
I only worked part time and the hours varied. I learned a lot that the feild that i went to school for. Management was good they did their job. I loved my co-workers they were amazing and i became really good friends with them. They only part that was hard was getting the hours that i needed and me and management just had different views. THe best part was the employees.
managment literally could care less
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), kansas city northFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: disconnected managment
I have never worked with a district manager who could not care less about her employees if she tried. Despite that the work environment was fast paced, I got to know all of my customers and learned quite a bit about cosmetology. A great place to network. The best part was the benefits at full time!
Proactive, fun and a learining experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAFebruary 15, 2015
I worked at Sally Beauty Supply as a summer/seasonal job while attending High School. I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment where I utilized customer service skills, inventory, stocking and merchandizing.
fun, specialized retail job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Snohomish, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discount, product samples
Cons: low pay, low opportunity for growth within company
I loved working here, the schedule just isn't great for people with young kids since there weren't many shifts available at my location due to small store size.
Prime location and agreeable hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good working environment
Cons: benefits not very good
Provide customer service, cashier, stocking shelves, pricing merchandise, some banking and light housekeeping. The co-workers were dependable and good workers. The location was clean and well maintained.
Awesome
Assistant Manager- In Training (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: fun, i love to help people.
Cons: getting out really late
Great Working hours, great management . Overall I loved the job and my job position. I love to help people. A typical day is lots of customer service and working cash register.
Easiest job with long, boring days.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: employee discount, awesome coworkers
Cons: incredibly high expectations by management, minimum wage
I worked with the best people at this job and customers were so kind.
Management was pretty cool when you were the perfect employees, but if your quota fell the slightest under their expectations, you'd feel the wrath.
They taught me a lot and I gained more knowledge than in the job description.
Best Job Ever
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and manaagers
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Typical day:
Open store, stock merchandise, outside sales, serve as cashier and customer service representative, and closed the store. I Learned how to manage a store. Awesome management and friends. The hardest art was the labor involved. The most enjoyable part was working for the customers and helping them find exactly what they were looking for.
Fun great energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
I learned that team work gets the job done. The hardest part about the job was the shipment havint to put it away every week but it was always done on time.
A fast paced happy enviornment to work in!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Redding, CAFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for sally beauty supply, I would assist customers with hair color, hair accessories and extentions. I would open and close registers, and make sure the store was kept clean and dusted while helping guests.
Great place for customer service focused employee to work.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great products.
Cons: not allowed to take time off.
Enjoy greeting clients and assisting them with product selection and information. Cashier duties include club card sales and items of the month sales quotas. Work with great people and have a great manager. I enjoy the sales aspect of the job and interacting with clients. I strive to provide southern hospitality to each person I encounter.
Well organized company
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJanuary 22, 2015
Good managements, keeping up with latest related info. Very fair to the employees. Some studying of products and passing quiz were required. Enjoyed all the workers. Everybody got along well.
fun, friendly atmosphere, work equality
Supervisor - Yolli Trujillo (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good stable company to work for, room for advancement. benefits
Cons: short breaks, and hard to get time off.
A typiacal day was making sure the store was front faces and easy to shop. Greeting customers and helping them with thier needs.
I learned the improtance of customer sevice and how to make sure I was hearing what thier needs were and doing my best to meet them.

Management fallows a chain of command.

Co-workers worked well together.

Hardest part of the jod as learing the inventory and pricing.

Most enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Wasn't there long enough to make an assessment about the company.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Wasn't there long enough to make an assessment about the company,
Great benefits, not enough oppurtunity for advancement
Sales (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Customer Service and working with Beauty Salons.
You learn alot not just about products from the company but beauty techniques and the history of cosmetology. Your coworkers are really there to support you, good work invironment for the most part, your schedule and working with it will be the hardest part of this job.
It's very enjoyable to get to have contact with customers who genuinely love hearing your advice about products and helping them boost their own confidence with beauty products!

1 2 3 4 5

About Sally Beauty Supply

Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) has untangled itself from former parent Alberto-Culver. Formerly Sally Beauty Co., the firm is one – Read more